Pro Wrestling Only

Taker vs ???? At Mania

Loss

I'm more curious about what The Undertaker will do after he does retire from in-ring work. I can't imagine him having any sort of talking role, or doing things out of gimmick... but I also can't see him completely walking away from pro-wrestling entirely. Maybe he does go back to the talking biker 'Taker & becomes an authority figure or something down the road.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Taker stays involved with WWE after he officially retires, it would most likely be in a backstage role rather than on camera. Perhaps a guy who works a bit at the Performance Center or someone who does some work with creative or maybe serve as an ambassador of some kind. He probably would retain his character the few times he comes back on camera (saving someone from a horrible fate or intimidate a heel) would most likely be used to push things along or add gravity to the angle.

I've been trying to think of an Undertaker match I would like to see at Mania and I think it needs to be a tag of some sort. It would be easier to mix him up with some younger guys who may need the rub more. Plus you can hide him easier.

Something like Dean Ambrose & Undertaker versus ???

I could see them doing an all star match with something like Taker/Austin vs. Rock/Cena or something, but I honestly don't see them doing anything like that using most of the main roster.

I don't know why people always get hung up on old guys putting a bunch of young guys over when we all know that isn't going to happen and it's not how wrestling has ever worked.

• Jericho is the safe/dumb/terrible choice.
  • Unless they're dumb enough to do Reigns-Taker, I feel it has to be either Ambrose or Owens. No one else makes sense.
  • Del Rio's not over enough.
  • I could see them mistakenly thinking that Sheamus is over enough, but that would tank even harder than Wyatt did.
  • Big Show or Kane is the kind of thing that I'm sure that they'll at least consider, but that would get booed out of the stadium.
  • With better booking, there are many guys you could go to: Harper, Titus, Braun, Ryback, Rusev. None of them are even close right now.

If it's Ambrose, it becomes the make-or-break match of his career. Top star who saves the show, or dismissed midcarder for life.

If it's Owens, I feel he might have a couple extra chances, but it's got similar stakes for him as well.

Not that the WWE would do it but IIRC Jericho was one of the guys Undertaker wanted to work a Wrestlemania with when he started to feel like he had to start producing good matches instead of his formerly typical diet of monsters. Undertaker is too old to go back to the monster match because he isn't going to be able to lift them with any consistency but I think his focus should be a spectacle match instead of "show stealer" like he was doing the last 10 years.

Well, Cena's out. Now what do they do?

Take a good long look in the mirror, realize that this day was always going to come in some form or another, and that - bad luck with injuries aside - they have no one to blame for their problems but themselves.

It's a new day.

I could see them running New Day-Jericho as an issue to Wrestlemania. Jericho has to find two tag team partners from his era to team with him to take them all on. He finds RVD and ... someone else, I have no idea who. Maybe Booker T? Anyway, that part isn't important. They lose.

I could see them running New Day-Jericho as an issue to Wrestlemania. Jericho has to find two tag team partners from his era to team with him to take them all on. He finds RVD and ... someone else, I have no idea who. Maybe Booker T? Anyway, that part isn't important. They lose.

It'll be Big Show & Kane. :P

It'll be Big Show & Kane. :P

How about a Booker/Goldust reunion? At least makes for potentially entertaining promos between the sides.