Pro Wrestling Only

Titus' Suspension

Ricky Jackson

Does Batista have beef with WWE? Why would he publicly tell fans that he told Titus to quit? Just curious.....

Yeah he has beef. He thinks that the WWE didn't treat him right in his last run. Supposedly he was promised certain things that never materialized, he didn't like how he was booked to stand in the ring letting Stephanie slap his face and glasses, and he was quickly reduced to henchman by the end of it. If Batista was happy with them, he wouldn't have left again so quickly and he wouldn't have turned down an offer to do something at Mania this year.

He's actually talked about it quite a bit. He wanted to come back as a heel.....he prefers being a heel.....he would have been a "cool heel" that ended up being cheered.....just like he was when he left the company. He also hates scripted promos. He's basically shit all over WWE creative. Once the Bryan thing took off like it did he was fine being there in the role he was in......but there's a reason he's been shitting on the company since then. I'm glad he told them to fuck off when they proposed guest ref for HHH v. Roman to him. I'm pretty sure they pitched that to Austin too and he told them to fuck off, and now he's talking like he won't even show up to Mania. I'm pretty sure he'll be there, but some of his comments make it sound like he's pretty frustrated with WWE creative too.....

As for the Titus thing.......when I saw it happen live it looked like Vince had an aggressive overreaction to being unexpectedly grabbed......turning around looking for a fight and shoving Titus like he did. The fact that people in Vince's inner circle were advocating a longer suspension or a firing blows my mind. Bryan Alvarez was in the crowd and he said it was hard to see what happened.....but he thought maybe Vince reacted the way he did because he thought it was a fan attacking him? I can totally believe that Titus was just emotional in the moment and grabbed his arm and said "ladies first". He also probably thought they were off-camera......that thing went so long, longest overrun in RAW history, and had gone to the Network.....how would he know if they were still on air? I didn't see Vince or anyone on stage wearing an earpiece to get cues from backstage......and "after the show is off the air" is a traditional thing where guys loosen up, play around and go off script. Also, Vince still horses around with the boys, works out with the boys.....how would Titus know that touching him on camera would get him a 90 day suspension. And the fact that they almost immediately reduced it to 60 tells me that they immediately realized it was a major overreaction......but didn't want to look weak by admitting that they were wrong.

I also have to agree with sentiments earlier that comparing this to someone grabbing Adam Silver is nonsense, and comparing it to a "real world job" is nonsense.

Also, Titus was taken off TV for no reason that we know of before.....and 90 days is a 2nd pop.....and they had him to job to Adam Rose of all people earlier in the show.......so I'm willing to at least entertain the idea that this was a staged coverup for a failed test that they didn't want the public to know about because of how much charity work and stuff with kids he does. This is the WWF we're talking about......they have a long history of covering up drug suspensions and trying to work the public and the sheets. I'm not saying that that is the case, but this is too weird of a suspension to not think it might be

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Titus was taken off TV for no reason that we know of before.....and 90 days is a 2nd pop.....and they had him to job to Adam Rose of all people earlier in the show.......so I'm willing to at least entertain the idea that this was a staged coverup for a failed test that they didn't want the public to know about because of how much charity work and stuff with kids he does. This is the WWF we're talking about......they have a long history of covering up drug suspensions and trying to work the public and the sheets. I'm not saying that that is the case, but this is too weird of a suspension to not think it might be

Titus has spent long periods of time on c-show banishment but I don't remember him ever being outright off TV. When did this happen?

Not that I am disagreeing with you at all but I want to mention that even if Titus thought it was cool to mess around with Vince just because other guys do, well that is a pretty dumb thing to assume your relationship with the boss is anything like his relationship with main eventers or "faves" of his. No this is not "real world job" but certain standards still applies here. Behave like an employee would until you quite obviously have a stronger rapport with the boss that it's ok. In fact, rule of thumb-if Vince is pushing you in his pool, then you can goof around with him.

Titus has spent long periods of time on c-show banishment but I don't remember him ever being outright off TV. When did this happen?

I don't remember exactly when.....it was a couple years ago IIRC.....where he just disappeared for a while with no explanation.....he wasn't doing public appearances or B/C show stuff either......

Also, considering how much charity stuff Titus has done, and the mainstream appeal and attention that Titus has gotten, and being an ex Florida Gator.....and knowing what a boner Vince has for that stuff......including USO tours that Vince goes on and it's only a couple of the boys and a couple of the divas and it's seen as a bonding experience........something about this just doesn't add up to me......there has to be more to it than just grabbing Vince's arm from behind unexpectedly and it being on camera. And if that's really all it was.......Vince really is losing his marbles......