Pro Wrestling Only

Titus' Suspension

Ricky Jackson

Yea but the only person who could have put out that reasoning is Titus himself. And it screams "oh shit I'm in trouble let me think of the best sounding bullshit reason I can think of for why I did this"

The only person who knows why he would had done it was Titus, by the way.

There WASN'T a reason to do it. That's the whole reason he got suspended. It was stupid and pointless and UNPROFESSIONAL

In the WWE and all the stuff that happens he deserves to be suspended for this? How many people are freaking unprofessoinal on camera in the WWE?

And wasn't the story for the suspension that they are tired of the unprofessional conduct and wanted to send a message?

So... everybody gets away with something and then they decide to just suspend someone for doing something that everybody else does, but it's fair because sending a message is fair? Especially taking away his WrestleMania cheque.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't even know what this "everybody else does" stuff is that you're talking about. Give me some examples at least. Because no one else has grabbed the head of the company on camera like that for no reason at all.

The Rock a few weeks ago was way more unprofessional.

You honestly believe this small little action deserves missing a WrestleMania pay day?

I don't believe it's a "small little action." He aggressively grabbed the head of the company for no reason. You couldn't do that in any company in the world and not get reprimanded. And the fact that Titus did it on camera is worse because I could see Vince thinking he did it just to try and create his own angle.

I realize the popular opinion is that it wasn't a big deal because the popular opinion is "Vince is a senile old man who needs to fuck off already" so there's probably a lot of people who would be happy if Titus had punched him dead in the face but he's still the head of the company and you don't grab the head of the company like that. Period.

And one time with The Rock going off script does not = everybody.

I don't believe it's a "small little action." He aggressively grabbed the head of the company for no reason. You couldn't do that in any company in the world and not get reprimanded. And the fact that Titus did it on camera is worse because I could see Vince thinking he did it just to try and create his own angle.

I realize the popular opinion is that it wasn't a big deal because the popular opinion is "Vince is a senile old man who needs to fuck off already" so there's probably a lot of people who would be happy if Titus had punched him dead in the face but he's still the head of the company and you don't grab the head of the company like that. Period.

And one time with The Rock going off script does not = everybody.

Come on is that what you think is happening here? This is not an attack on Vince this is bullshit. Vince's push back of Titus was way more aggressive and unprofessional than the grab that Titus did.

Also, I don't watch Raw regularly to give more examples.

Yes. Because if this was a story about an NBA player grabbing Adam Silver like that at some event and getting suspended over it the story would be "what the fuck was he thinking grabbing the commissioner like that?" instead of talking about how it's some injustice borne out of racism.

Yes. Because if this was a story about an NBA player grabbing Adam Silver like that at some event and getting suspended over it the story would be "what the fuck was he thinking grabbing the commissioner like that?" instead of talking about how it's some injustice borne out of racism.

How is that an apples to apples comparison? It would be more like an NBA star grabbing his coach just like that and getting suspended. Also does the NBA commissioner have a history like Vince? Really horrible comparison.

How is that an apples to apples comparison? It would be more like an NBA star grabbing his coach just like that and getting suspended. Also does the NBA commissioner have a history like Vince? Really horrible comparison.

History like Vince means WHAT? He wrestled Kurt Angle on a plane one time and committed the terrible sin of pushing people in pools? Well as far as I know he never pushed Titus in a pool. Nothing you are trying to reference makes him fair game to be aggressively grabbed for no reason. Especially when it's on camera.

History like Vince means WHAT? He wrestled Kurt Angle on a plane one time and committed the terrible sin of pushing people in pools? Well as far as I know he never pushed Titus in a pool. Nothing you are trying to reference makes him fair game to be aggressively grabbed for no reason. Especially when it's on camera.

Vince waving poopy pants in guys faces? The fact he wrestled and bladed? The fact it is said horse play is encouraged? Also Vince pushed him back just as or more aggressively. Should Vince be suspended too for being unprofessional?

Also, way to ignore the fact your comparison was horrible.

Was there any fallout from HHH intentionally potatoing Jim Ross, causing permanent damage, and blading him without consent? Of course not. Wasn't it encourage due to a past contract negotiation? This sounds so gruesome, it's disturbing to know it happened in the mid-2000's on live television. So yeah, WWE can't really be compared to other organizations or professions.

In a situation like that, when they're all on the stage, I'm wondering if anyone tells them when the USA broadcast goes off the air. What happened aired on the network but not on USA. I'm not sure when they made the decision to do that either.

That said, I'm still clinging to the text as very striking, if only because they didn't clean it up and make it seem more professional when they absolutely could have.

It came off, to me, as them wanting to promote Titus as being outright stupid, because it was them being reactionary to an actual newspaper reporting that fans were calling them racist.

In a situation like that, when they're all on the stage, I'm wondering if anyone tells them when the USA broadcast goes off the air. What happened aired on the network but not on USA. I'm not sure when they made the decision to do that either.

That said, I'm still clinging to the text as very striking, if only because they didn't clean it up and make it seem more professional when they absolutely could have.

It came off, to me, as them wanting to promote Titus as being outright stupid, because it was them being reactionary to an actual newspaper reporting that fans were calling them racist.

I'm legit shocked that anything came of it as horsing around with the boys has always been one of Vince's favorite things. In fact I'm surprised to see so many people say it was a dumb move by Titus because of the context. When i was watching it actually struck me as a kind of natural thing in that the whole scene with the whole locker room made them seem like such a big happy family and it didn't seem inappropriate at all in that moment for someone to engage in a "family tradition" like ribbing Vince.

If they had a meeting with talent about staying on script or being more professional or whatever, which sounds like might be the case, and then Titus turns right and goes and does that... Well, that's a bad decision. The punishment might be harsh but I really don't think anyone has the full story.

I'm trying to figure out how the 'stay on script' and 'grab the brass ring' stuff works-hand-in-hand. If one is to stay on script then what they can do is limited even thought it may be great. All of the great actors of our time from time-to-time add/remove things from the script they have been provided. Sometimes a limp is added to a character even though the character's description within the script doesn't call for one. Sometimes a Southern accent is added. Sometimes things are removed because the character/actor deems it unfit for whatever reason. I've always felt the Brass Ring stuff is just carny bullshit because there are just too many holes in it and if WWE really gets pissed off from people going off script. Zack Ryder went, in a way, off script and grabbed the Brass Ring and WWE jobbed him out as soon as they could.

Serious question, aside from each other- does WWE have any team building exercises or happy hours for the wrestlers on the road? How does WWE Corp help foster a family environment for the workers while on the road? Telling everyone to wear Save The Boobies t-shirts and stage on the ring to applaud certain people (Bryan, Survivors, whomever), surely can't be it?

I'm surprised no one brought up Vince giving the finger to the fans a couple weeks ago when he was guest referee. Or the story Jericho told on his podcast of Vince bumped shoulders with Kofi Kingston on the plane.

As corporate as they want to be, they are still a wrestling company and people from the outside look at wrestling as a wacky thing and Vince is the ringleader of the circus.

Wade on twitter just confirmed that there was talk of firing Titus for this and that is what some people wanted.

That's completely insane. No matter how wrong you feel Titus was here, it barely warrants a suspension let alone a firing.

Also I'd be extremely curious to find out who the people were who wanted him gone over such trivial bullshit.

Wade on twitter just confirmed that there was talk of firing Titus for this and that is what some people wanted.

That's completely insane. No matter how wrong you feel Titus was here, it barely warrants a suspension let alone a firing.

Also I'd be extremely curious to find out who the people were who wanted him gone over such trivial bullshit.

I have to assume that Michael Hayes was one of those voices.

It IS completely insane that some people wanted him fired, but should be common knowledge to anybody in the company that Vince is also completely insane, and if you want to work there so badly then you should act like he's fucking Kim Jong Un whenever you're in the same room as him.

And whoever is bringing up Rock going off script and acting like it's unfair because Rock would never get suspended for something like this, yeah, no kidding Rock wouldn't get punished. If they tried to punish Rock for anything he would just laugh at them until he realized they were serious, then laugh more, then leave for a year and charge them WAY more money next time they came crawling back begging him to make an appearance.

And whoever is bringing up Rock going off script and acting like it's unfair because Rock would never get suspended for something like this, yeah, no kidding Rock wouldn't get punished. If they tried to punish Rock for anything he would just laugh at them until he realized they were serious, then laugh more, then leave for a year and charge them WAY more money next time they came crawling back begging him to make an appearance.

Vince et al. letting his contract expire in the hopes that he would fizzle in Hollywood has probably cost them well into 8 digits of revenue and bigger fees for the run with Cena.