Pro Wrestling Only

Titus' Suspension

Ricky Jackson

Of course not.

Like I said, Rock essentially did the same thing to them last week, but they can't do anything about it but whinge. Titus is expendable.

Kind of like how the first Wellness Policy suspension ever was...Harry Smith, who was in OVW and who they called up to the main roster just so they could suspend him and make him an example.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redman makes a good point here. It could be perceived as Titus going into business for himself at the expense of the segment which was meant to honor Daniel Bryan. Like I said; there was no good reason to be grabbing the boss like that. I do agree that they extend special treatment to their stars but that is hardly exclusive to wrestling.

Anyone that grabbed the big boss of their company like that as he was walking out of a meeting, for no reason at all, would receive punishment. I don't know why people are expecting wrestling to have different rules in that regard just because Vince McMahon has taken bumps before. There was absolutely NO reason for Titus to do it. It is what they called it: unprofessional conduct.

Would they have suspended Cena 90 days for doing that? Probably not. But they would have also probably fired a guy like Adam Rose or one of the Ascension scrubs for doing it.

I still think it's just cause it happened on TV. Mr. McMahon is portrayed as pretty much the most important guy on the entire show. He shows up rarely... and when he does it's a big deal. Titus is an undercard guy that doesn't really do anything. Off camera, it's two guys horsing around. On camera, it's basically a jobber attacking the top guy there is. OF COURSE John Cena wouldn't get in as much trouble. He's the top guy and makes the company a ton of money.

WWE is weird about shit like this. Especially if it's something that involves the blurring of kayfabe. Look at the Lana/Rusev engagement shit that happened on Twitter.

Anyone that grabbed the big boss of their company like that as he was walking out of a meeting, for no reason at all, would receive punishment. I don't know why people are expecting wrestling to have different rules in that regard just because Vince McMahon has taken bumps before. There was absolutely NO reason for Titus to do it. It is what they called it: unprofessional conduct.

Would they have suspended Cena 90 days for doing that? Probably not. But they would have also probably fired a guy like Adam Rose or one of the Ascension scrubs for doing it.

Except that kind of actions is encouraged backstage and expected.

Grabbing Vince McMahon is encouraged and expected? What are you basing that assumption on? A story from like 15 years ago of Vince McMahon tackling Kurt Angle on a plane?

Grabbing Vince McMahon is encouraged and expected? What are you basing that assumption on? A story from like 15 years ago of Vince McMahon tackling Kurt Angle on a plane?

Vince saying his great joy in life is shoving people in pool's. Bret's book talking about giving Vince the Hart Attack in a bar. Various stories of horse play happening in the WWF all the time!

Vince is not like the CEO of a proper business, the dude has peed himself on national television and wrestled matches and such.

Those are OLD stories. And they are also all pretty much with Vince initiating the contact. Pretty sure Vince was the one who asked for the Hart Attack.

And the boss can get away with pushing you in the pool but only a fool would think that means you're going to be able to do it to him. That's how these things work. It's not some distinct "Vince is evil~!" thing.

Those are OLD stories. And they are also all pretty much with Vince initiating the contact. Pretty sure Vince was the one who asked for the Hart Attack.

And the boss can get away with pushing you in the pool but only a fool would think that means you're going to be able to do it to him. That's how these things work. It's not some distinct "Vince is evil~!" thing.

And again, they are all off TV in their private lives where they can do what they want. Not someone trying to horse around with Vince in the middle of a live segment.

If this happens backstage, it would be nothing.

By the way it wasn't him shoving Vince in a pool or tackling him or anything like that. Titus grabbed at Vince, so that Stephanie could go ahead of him. It was hardly anything noticeable and it only aired on the WWE Network. Any suspension for this is bullshit. Especially considering if it was someone else (Cena, Rock) nothing would had happened.

This Titus issue deserves its own thread IMO. Can it be split off into one?

Anyway, Batista outright told Titus to ask for his release:

Dave Bautista

@DaveBautista

I did something better! I called @TitusONeilWWE and told him to ask to be released. #onelife https://twitter.com/WrestleChatNet/status/697583785135706112

7:56 PM - 10 Feb 2016

https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/status/697585006563217408

What galls me is the hypocrisy of the situation. Vince and Kurt Angle can fight on a plane like two immature college kids, but Titus gets 90 60 days for far less. Shit like this makes it hard to enjoy this company.

I concur. We should split this up as this situation isn't cut and dry and more is coming out by the day. Now its claimed that Titus was 'just being a gentlemen'? This is all so weird. We have gone from playfulness, to allegations of racism, to conspiracies of covering a failed drug test, to chivalry gone wrong, and all stuff in-between. Only in the world of pro wrestling! With that said, if WWE was serious about a Titus push, now is the time to do it. Titus is obviously over enough for the internet and media to reduce Titus sentence from 90 days to 60. People care and the majority of the opinions I read are either "Remove the punishment and free Titus!" or " give the guy a talk backstage, fine him 1K, and move the fuck on to more important things!".

I'll say it. Its time to turn this into an angle and push the man. Bryan got over when people felt WWE was holding him back, I think Titus will get over pretty big under the same and more ridiculous

So random internet report that Titus grabbed Vince to be the chivalrous white knight for princess Stephanie McMahon is gospel truth but the report that WWE suspended him because they want people to act more professional needs to be met with conspiracy theories and cries of racism?

So random internet report that Titus grabbed Vince to be the chivalrous white knight for princess Stephanie McMahon is gospel truth but the report that WWE suspended him because they want people to act more professional needs to be met with conspiracy theories and cries of racism?

It's not the gospel truth, but which is more believable?

Pro Wrestling Sheet is not a random internet report, by the way. PWS is being quoted by Meltzer and is a good reporter.

Yea but the only person who could have put out that reasoning is Titus himself. And it screams "oh shit I'm in trouble let me think of the best sounding bullshit reason I can think of for why I did this"

The only person who knows why he would had done it was Titus, by the way.

I am not sure why people brought race to this. I know this is WWE and WWE isn't exactly a progressive company, but with that said a broken clock is right twice a day and this is one of those times the WWE may appear to be racist, but actually isn't. People should tone down the race stuff as WWE gives us more than enough ammunition and actual fuck ups that we can point to that we don't have to make stuff up. I am not accusing anyone of this board for taking that stance, but the first time I saw it elsewhere it gave me pause.

When Titus actually gets back, I wonder if the fan swell will be there for him or if its going to be business as usual with WWE having Titus return all those wins to Stardust, Social Outcasts, The Ascension, etc.

Yea but the only person who could have put out that reasoning is Titus himself. And it screams "oh shit I'm in trouble let me think of the best sounding bullshit reason I can think of for why I did this"

There WASN'T a reason to do it. That's the whole reason he got suspended. It was stupid and pointless and UNPROFESSIONAL

Getting suspended for "unprofessional conduct" in professional wrestling outside of shooting on someone in a match or promo is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard. I think the suspension is excessive. A reprimand backstage is enough for a minor incident like that.

There WASN'T a reason to do it. That's the whole reason he got suspended. It was stupid and pointless and UNPROFESSIONAL

In the WWE and all the stuff that happens he deserves to be suspended for this? How many people are freaking unprofessoinal on camera in the WWE?

In the WWE and all the stuff that happens he deserves to be suspended for this? How many people are freaking unprofessoinal on camera in the WWE?

And wasn't the story for the suspension that they are tired of the unprofessional conduct and wanted to send a message?