Pro Wrestling Only

Titus' Suspension

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it on The Network and thought it was two guys just playing around. McMahon and Titus being cool would explain the 3 month strong Titus push. I really don't see the point of a 90 day suspension for awkward contact when you can fail a drug test and only get a 30 day suspension.

There's also a PR issue with this as well. WWE is celebrating black history month at every show but they're suspending one of the handful of black wrestlers on the roster? Titus does more charity work than most of the roster and has won several awards for being a good role model. Maybe you give the guy the benefit of the doubt and talk to him about it instead of handing him a suspension notice when he shows up for a taping.

This next comment is as far from a race thing as possible and more 'status' thing, but imagine if Cena did that? What the reaction be the same? Has there always been a no touching Vince rule or is this something new? I know Rusev gave him a hug at Royal Rumble, but it was mostly planned and if not then Vince went along with it because it was part of the story. Another thing to consider is that Vince is in shape, but he is still 70 years old and Titus is a really really big dude. Perhaps Titus unintentionally popped Vince's arm out of socket or some weird shit like that?

There has to be more to the story. Even if Vince was just pissed at the guy touching him (and it's well documented that people in wrestling freak out if someone grabs them unexpectedly), a 90 day suspension that will cost the guy a WM payoff seems like a ridiculous overreaction.

There has to be more to the story. Even if Vince was just pissed at the guy touching him (and it's well documented that people in wrestling freak out if someone grabs them unexpectedly), a 90 day suspension that will cost the guy a WM payoff seems like a ridiculous overreaction.

There is speculation that its a cover for a Wellness Policy failure.

WWE drug tests don't really mean anything as it all comes down to political clout. If you are Evan Bourne you are going to get hit with something random and the policy will be in full play. However, if your name is Dave Batista, then you are going to get a 1-2 month notice prior to your testing. Some will say Orton, Mysterio, and Hardy tested positive so that is 'proof' the WWE is testing everyone, but let's be serious. Does anyone really think WWE is going to fairly test Taker, Lesnar, Cena, or HHH?

Even if this is covering up a drug violation, WWE could have done much better. Its not like WWE hasn't covered up more serious crimes in the past. Post a fake injury story on WWE.com and then allow Titus to serve his 30 day suspension without causing unneeded waves with one of only a handful of guys that brings WWE positive PR outside of wrestling.

Did people see the Post article with Titus' text to the company released?

There's something hugely messed up there.

http://nypost.com/2016/02/10/fans-call-vince-mcmahon-a-racist-for-suspending-black-wrestler/

But WWE later blasted the racism allegations, claiming O’Neil’s punishment had nothing to do with the color of his skin.

“The suspension of Titus O’Neil had nothing to do with race and everything to do with unprofessional conduct,” they said in a statement.

The company claimed O’Neil even “acknowledged the gravity of his mistake” in a text message.

“I feel like sh** now so if you have to let me go, I understand. Stupid mistake,” he wrote, according to WWE.

This Titus issue deserves its own thread IMO. Can it be split off into one?

Anyway, Batista outright told Titus to ask for his release:

Dave Bautista
@DaveBautista

I did something better! I called @TitusONeilWWE and told him to ask to be released. #onelife https://twitter.com/WrestleChatNet/status/697583785135706112
7:56 PM - 10 Feb 2016

https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/status/697585006563217408

What galls me is the hypocrisy of the situation. Vince and Kurt Angle can fight on a plane like two immature college kids, but Titus gets 90 60 days for far less. Shit like this makes it hard to enjoy this company.

Do people here really not understand the difference between the wrestling on plane and Titus grabbing Vince in an unexpected manner? On the plane it was Vince who challenged Kurt and/or Brock so they have the obvious permission to rough it with Vince. From what I can see, Vince had no idea Titus would do what he did and frankly there was no reason for him to do that. Therefore he was suspended.

I think what people are ignoring is the fact that it was on live TV, whereas these other things people are comparing it to were in private and had nothing to do with the show. Not only did Titus startle a crazy old man, but he also interfered with a live TV segment that had nothing to do with him.

Not saying I agree with it, but it is clearly a big part of why they're freaking out.

For all of those people looking at the current roster of robots and saying "why don't guys just go off script and try to get themselves over?" This is why. Because if you do something unexpected it could backfire on you and you could be Titus. I mean, look at how pissed they were at The Motherfucking Rock going off script in a promo. Let alone a rando jobber doing something physical to Vince McMahon unexpectedly in the middle of a segment.