Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV March 7th to 13th

Grimmas

I really like The Miz. He's improved a lot. I don't think WWE will ever give him a shot again though, after his first WWE Title run. Shame, really, as he's a lot better now than he was then. A lot of the audience probably doesn't even remember that he was a WWE Champion & in a Wrestlemania main event. He feels like a genuine heel, which is something that is a lot more rare nowadays than it should be.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing. Jericho's gone from pretending to be Bockwinkel to pretending to be Miz. I could see Miz giving that promo almost word for word, just with better, more earnest delivery, which is funny, because Jericho probably believes a lot of it anyway.

Yeah, I'm 100% with this. Miz delivers that promo against Styles and the place is fucking rioting. I see Miz as a guy who should transition to a manager so this is the perfect chance for Miz' Army going against Styles

That Jericho promo was incredible, best I've seen in WWE for a couple of years. Perfect delivery, perfectly paced, phrasing was spot on, came across as believable, very much added to the feud and helped hype the match. Everything a promo should be. The booking for Styles/Jericho has been excellent - this should be the norm for a midcard feud, not the exception. Lazy, predictable booking is what makes so much of WWE content so meaningless.

With the size of the company, every single program on the show should receive some creativity and attention. It doesn't even have to be something big. They have run feuds around shampoo commercials and spilled coffee. Anything would be better than the current blandness. Hell, wrestling should be about the absurd. It is an absurd artform.

I don't think this is a program that is meant to "build up" AJ Styles. It's not like Styles could leverage this into a decade long run at the top like a young guy might. I think it is a feud that is meant for AJ to have a significant role at Wrestlemania and maybe Styles asked for Jericho or maybe the company asked Jericho to make it happen because they trust him with this kind of angle/feud. So I don't think we are supposed to go "Whoa AJ just beat Jericho! He'll be a star now!" I think we are supposed to say right now "Aj vs Jericho? This should be fun and interesting..." It's a fanservice program. No difference from that and Benoit vs Angle at Wrestlemania wrestling because...they wanted to wrestle.