Pro Wrestling Only

Horror stories in women's wrestling history

Loss

Except that character Molly played got over.

So that makes it okay to run tasteless body-shaming angles? Gotcha. :rolleyes:

And here's the thing about Savage. Was he right to think almost every co-worker wanted to fuck his wife and would try? Yup.

But did he trust his wife not to fuck them? Apparently no. So either Elizabeth wanted to fuck every big star and just blow the midcarders,or Randy just may have not had faith in his wife.

I can't speak to Elizabeth's character, but who's to say Randy didn't have good reasons for his "protectiveness"?

BTW, it irritates me that people blame Lex Luger for her death (and he even blames himself). She was a big girl. He didn't hold a gun to her head and force those drugs into her system. It's a tragic shame and waste what happened to her, but it was her fault, not Lex's.

The only person to say anything bad about Trish was Billy Gunn who basically implied he got her foot in the door in exchange for regular sex on the road, and she didn't deliver so the Johnny Ace attitude goes back further than him, not that we didn't know that.

Of course the fact that Billy Gunn was that delusional and thought nothing wrong of that sort of quid pro quo speaks far more of him.

Trish ending up one of the better women performers WWE had makes people forget she originally was brought in just because she was a hot fitness model. She just happened to get good at wrestling as bonus.

As far as Elizabeth goes, I thought the story was that she was a "rat" back in the days and that was why Savage was so psycho protective of her (that and him being a legit mental case at times).

The Piggie James and Molly granny-panties storylines just came off as the company using angles to bully performers. Like if you didn't fit Vince's ideal of beauty you were just a fat pig to be mocked.

I loved PSH, but was Warrior entirely wrong there? But I agree, he comes across as a nasty, self-righteous dickhead, and hypocritical considering his own massivy steroid usage

I'd agree, but a devil's advocate would say, despite all the cancer and enlarged heart issues reports, PED users would probably point to them being marijuana like (which also can be prescribed and used medically) in terms of not something can kill you via an overdose. Its more the long term effects that will get you in the end, as opposed to recreational drugs like coke, herion and even alcohol.

Except that character Molly played got over.

So that makes it okay to run tasteless body-shaming angles? Gotcha. :rolleyes:

And here's the thing about Savage. Was he right to think almost every co-worker wanted to fuck his wife and would try? Yup.

But did he trust his wife not to fuck them? Apparently no. So either Elizabeth wanted to fuck every big star and just blow the midcarders,or Randy just may have not had faith in his wife.

I can't speak to Elizabeth's character, but who's to say Randy didn't have good reasons for his "protectiveness"?

BTW, it irritates me that people blame Lex Luger for her death (and he even blames himself). She was a big girl. He didn't hold a gun to her head and force those drugs into her system. It's a tragic shame and waste what happened to her, but it was her fault, not Lex's.

As someone who has been in similar, though not as tragic, situations, it's not about forcing it down their throats. Even introducing people to drugs, then seeing the negative effect on their life can make you feel guilty about it.

Re: Molly's ass

The Divas championship being re-named is one step in the right direction, but everything else is still off in WWE. Apparently someone in WWE told Naomi that she is not 'marketable' which of course is code for not being white, blonde, and being a stick. I'm not saying Naomi, at this time in her career, deserves to be a 7 time WWE champion, but surely if Brie Bella and tons of others who were less talented and less over (Michelle McCool) got to walk around with the strap, then Namoi should get a run. I wonder if WWE is ever going to get over its body image definition of 'beauty' and 'mainstream' (again a code word used to talk about the average white males preference) bullshit.

Since once Mickie got her hands on McCool during that, she kicked her ass quickly and took the title, I'm still not sure why people thought that wasn't totally presented as "two mean cunts picked on someone for a blatantly ridiculous reason and then got beat and made to look stupid."

Because it was well known that the whole thing was booked to shoot on the square with Mickie James. That, and it was kind of treated like she WAS fat (not "LayCool are promoting an unhealthy body image"), which is insane. Yes, it was a rare time where they did this by way of the heel women cutting promos on a babyface, but that can only soften the blow so much.

I know Awesome Kong/Kharma has a long history of issues and rubbed a lot of purple the wrong way in the process. But it sounds like having a traumatic reaction to miscarrying was deemed her fault by a lot of people in wrestling.

Was it ever determined if the David McLane stuff was a Scott Keith creation? I don't say that to take a shot at him; I just don't know. Like I remember him saying the Luna interview in the 1990 WON yearbook was full of McLane related sleaziness but then I got it and there was nothing really on point. The GLOW documentary almost completely removed him from the narrative, but seemingly more because he wouldn't participate. And they were willing to be negative about Matt Cimber, who also declined an interview. It wouldn't shock me at all if he was a creepy scumbag, but I've never heard anything close to concrete.

Thing with Moolah is, I think anyone who didn't do anything before the explosion of 24/7 news, Internet news, etc. etc. gets a free pass from them. Only did Snuka's shade come up when the case was re-opened just a while back, for instance. You can't hide anything with today's media.

But....since Moolah's stories were not covered in any major outlets, unlike say the Benoit Scandal, WWE probably just sees it as the IWC and "bitter old" veterans spreading tall tales.