Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV: May 30-June 5

Parties

Hey people on here who purport to have insider WWE sources: can you elaborate on why we're getting Charlotte's Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic frontrunner for the second year in a row? Is this whole angle a means of punishing Ric for his HOF speech/airport incident?

There's also this weird tinge they're now throwing into it where you have Ziggler saying she was kinda in the right and that it's time for the "old generation" to step aside, but that just seems like more of the New Era stuff of recent weeks. With the understanding that Ziggler's entering his eighth year as a midcarder, and that this "old generation" doesn't include Taker, Hunter, Brock, Big Show, Jericho, Goldust, or the McMahons. So basically just Flair and Mark Henry then.

Whole thing was great, especially AJ repeatedly running back to continue the beatdown. Glad to see it came at halftime of the NBA game, hopefully they got some channel flippers. If we're not going to get any more Roman/AJ matches, Cena/AJ is a more than acceptable substitute.

One thing I miss about the old days was the conceit that all the babyfaces were friends - if this was a WCW Saturday Night episode Zach Ryder, Enzo & Cass, and Sami Zayn would come to the rescue. :)

Whole thing was great, especially AJ repeatedly running back to continue the beatdown. Glad to see it came at halftime of the NBA game, hopefully they got some channel flippers. If we're not going to get any more Roman/AJ matches, Cena/AJ is a more than acceptable substitute.

One thing I miss about the old days was the conceit that all the babyfaces were friends - if this was a WCW Saturday Night episode Zach Ryder, Enzo & Cass, and Sami Zayn would come to the rescue. :)

I would like to see something like this in a few weeks. The Club beats down Cena and the babyfaces try to make the save but get beatdown in the process as The Club has baseball bats. Cena, Ryder, Ziggler, and Sin Cara all taking an ass whopping would be good TV. WWE will just need to establish that Kalisto was 'mysteriously' taken out in the back earlier.

I'm really hoping that Jericho wins MITB this year. He's the PERFECT guy for it because he and the briefcase have so much in common. They're both old, tired, outdated, have worn out their welcome and need to go away forever.

Re: Goldberg commericial

I watched it again today and noticed the reflection of a "Suplex City" sign in the mirror of the cop car. Goldberg/Lesnar II in 20016/2017? Perhaps I am over thinking and its just an element of Goldberg's career mode. It looks like there are going to be multiple parts of this commercial so if my second theory is true then we should see some other stuff as well.

Wow, I really didn't like this RAW. Nothing clicked. Even the Styles-Cena segment, which would have had me popping loud and going nuts normally, just barely captured my attention fully, which is really sad because it's such a big moment...

And my god I HATE that stupid catchphrase of Reigns, "Good guy bad guy bla bla bla". While seeing it yesterday I even screamed at my tv to shut up, which is something I normally don't do, naturally.

I liked Smackdown this week. I especially liked the part where Xavier Woods got thrown face first into the barricade, and Big E got a boot to the head from Luke Gallows, and then AJ pinned Kofi, and then they walked up the ramp and The Club all pointed at A New Day and laughed at them. I liked it because I like AJ Styles and The Club (even though that name sucks ass) and I liked it because I hate A New Day and I hope they all get gonorrhea and rot in hell for a thousand years.

One thing I noticed is that the crowd was still cheering AJ and company a bit (and this was Smackdown, where that type of thing usually gets edited out, no?) and that while A New Day was popular, they weren't half as popular as they seemed to think they were. They act like people are cheering them a lot more than they actually are. The jokes they were making about AJ and The Club really weren't all that funny, and their gimmick of laughing hysterically at their own jokes is...odd to me. Are they doing it because they know they aren't funny and they're trying to be obnoxious? Or do they really think they're funny? Whatever it is, it comes across as trying too hard. A New Day are like a really uncool DX. And DX weren't really cool.

Anyhow, a rivalry between New Day and The Club could have legs, if they wanted it to. I'm hoping that's part of the direction they are going now, although I know Styles will be busy with Cena for a good while. (They have to trade wins, I assume 50/50 booking remains in effect for this angle.) Gallows and Big E match up well, as do Kingston and Anderson and Style and Woods. In theory, there could be some decent 6 Man matches and Tag Team Title matches out of this, if allowed to happen.

Has anybody caught the backstage interview segments featuring Dean Ambrose and Sami Zayn over the past week? In my humble opinion, they have been quite entertaining and fun. On RAW, Ambrose and Zayn have an uneasy alliance up until Money in the Bank against Owens, Jericho and Del Rio. Ambrose cuts a hilarious promo pointing out you can't trust Jericho and Owens because they're Canadian, and you can't trust Canadians. He is of course, oblivious to the fact Zayn is Canadian, and Zayn's facial expressions are priceless.

Then on Smackdown, we have another backstage interview where Ambrose continues his diatribe against Canadians Jericho and Owens, but throws in the guy from Canadian Customs. Zayn continues with the exasperated facial expressions, and patiently lectures Ambrose that if you don't want trouble with Customs, you shouldn't try and smuggle nun-chukkas across the border.

It was a small thing, but quite humorous, and showed some acting and reacting skills that I didn't think Ambrose or especially Zayn had.

Rumour has it that Brock Lesnar may be fighting at UFC 200. My gut reaction is that it's a fine idea, especially if it means he gets to beat up a tomato can because it will only help his WWE aura, which is lacking a bit now that he's run out of credible opponents. I don't see how a one-sided mauling would help UFC but I also don't see why Lesnar would want to risk his longterm WWE drawing power by competing in a real contest and potentially getting beaten decisively.

Curious what people with more knowledge of UFC think. If all goes according to plan, is the longterm plan Reigns/Lesnar at WM33? What happens if Lesnar loses in his UFC comeback? Does this mean more crossovers could be possible? Rousey?