Pro Wrestling Only

Miu Watanabe and Shoko Nakajima had a terrific match at TJPW's Korakuen show today. I was expecting it to be really good since Shoko is TJPW's best worker in my opinion and Watanabe is trying to cement herself as the new top star. It ended up being a candidate for the best singles match in company history. Their grappling was off the charts good. Apparently they practically live at the dojo so it was like a public demonstration of the mat work they've been doing in private. It was super tight and purposeful with Shoko trying every which way to lock Miu in a hold or score a flash pin. Later she started working Miu's neck and Miu kept up the selling throughout. I have to periodically remind myself that Miu Watanabe wasn't a pro wrestling fan, didn't know what wrestling was and only got in through an idol tryout. She's a natural if I've ever seen one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stardom's roster and contacts are so ridiculously deep that they don't bat an eye even with the recent departures. That All Star Queedom show last April was really a blast from top to bottom, with interesting developments like Thekla joining Oedo-Tai, and Starlight Kid being booted out and saved by Tam Nakano. Pretty cool to see Aja & Itoh work in Stardom. And that damn Mayu vs Sareee match, holy hell. Stardom sure should try their best keeping Mayu, she's now their biggest star, all respect due to Maika, Tam and Kamitani.

• 3 weeks later...