Pro Wrestling Only

Stephanie & HHH to become parents

Loss

From WWE.com:

Stephanie (McMahon) Levesque and her husband, Paul Levesque (Triple H), are happy to announce that they are expecting their first child. WWE.com would like to congratulate the expecting parents.

I'm not quite sure what the appropriate reaction is here.

The appropriate reaction certainly isn't for this to be newsworthy at thirty different sites. Jesus, I've never seen such a commotion over a pregnancy before. They've been a couple for awhile, a baby was the next logical step. People act like they were baffled to hear the news or something. Not saying that's the case here but people really blow the littlest things out of proportion.

Guest Some Guy

I wonder how WWE will handle her maternity leave? And if she does take time off to raise the child what her reaction would be when the product improves?

The appropriate reaction certainly isn't for this to be newsworthy at thirty different sites. Jesus, I've never seen such a commotion over a pregnancy before. They've been a couple for awhile, a baby was the next logical step. People act like they were baffled to hear the news or something. Not saying that's the case here but people really blow the littlest things out of proportion.

There are implications in wrestling. HHH and/or Stephanie possibly taking time off for part of the year affects the entire company, as does the possibility of Stephanie's hormone-induced booking. We're already seeing Vince McMahon use TV to fight with his inner demons over turning 60, so who knows what sort of effect Stephanie's pregnancy will have.

Acknowledging it isn't really that big of a deal.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

This child must be named Damien.  There is no other choice.

The easy joke.

Which is why I avoided it.

Not that "HHHealthy" was much better.

HHH and/or Stephanie possibly taking time off for part of the year affects the entire company

Triple H just came back from taking a break. It doesn't matter what he does, people will always shit on him.

as does the possibility of Stephanie's hormone-induced booking.

Would that be an improvement?

HHH and/or Stephanie possibly taking time off for part of the year affects the entire company

Triple H just came back from taking a break. It doesn't matter what he does, people will always shit on him.
I'm not arguing that point. I'm arguing that HHH taking time off affects the company in a big way since they book so much around him most of the time.

And yes, HHH will always be shat upon, unless he can build a time machine and go back and convincingly put over Chris Jericho and Rob Van Dam.

Batista, a near-40 year old guy who won't even be around in two years, most likely. HHH still has a chance with Van Dam, and I'd probably lay off of HHH quite a bit if upon his return, HHH put him over in the same fashion he put over Batista this year, as in that case, he'd actually be putting over a guy who has long-term potential as a top guy. Too late for Jericho, though, and too late to completely write off the downfall HHH has caused the company.

Well, I don't know how much Batista's age has to do with anything. If wrestlings past is any indication, Big Dave could be 'round for another couple decades.

I've never been real high on the Van Dam horse, so I don't get a lot of the resentment there. I didn't think Van Dam had enough tools he was just insanely over. Sometimes, that's enough, sometimes it's not. I dunno.

Booker though? I did think he should've won. I didn't think Jericho should've won the tournament with Angle, Rock & Austin...but he did. So, HHH shouldn't have buried him either.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Well, I don't know how much Batista's age has to do with anything. If wrestlings past is any indication, Big Dave could be 'round for another couple decades.

Yeah, I don't think so. Guys like Ric Flair have longevity because they've avoided becoming physical monsters. I'd expect Batista's body to fully break down sooner than most of us figured HHH's to do so a couple years back. The guy's a ticking timebomb.

It's also a good possibility that this kid will end up running WWE one day, since it seems like Steph and Hunter will inherit the lion's share of the operation when Vince dies. I'm expecting the full Lion King treatment when this kid's born, complete with Pat Patterson holding the child up so the whole locker room can bow to him.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

The internet as a whole needs to settle down. Yall are doing some ancient egypt king tut shit by placing a huge weight on the shoulders of an unborn fetus.

By the by: Shane and Marissa ALREADY have one child and I belie they too are expecting. Any one of these three kids could inherit the mantle mcmahon egomaniac.

Shane's shown little interest in running the company, and Vince has already handed most if not all the creative decisions over to Stephanie. Unless Shane has a drastic change of mind in the next few years, it looks like Steph and her offspring will be the future of WWE.

Yes, I'm a mere little n00b who knows nothing about the wrestling business. Please educate me.

Everything I've read about Shane indicates he's happy where he is running the New Media (or whatever they call it now) division and that he had more of an interest in Linda's job (the business side) than Vince's job (the wrestling side).

If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

I'm confused.

Do you understand what "Running the Company" means? Or was that sort-of a throw-away term you were using to describe something that, you know, doesn't mean Running the Company. Shane is more entrenched in the company than Steph is and has more power. The dude isn't just sitting around waiting for his sis to take over, if I were a betting man, I'd put my chips behind Shane-o.

Obviously Shane's going to be involved with the company, but in terms of being in charge of the wrestling aspect ("creative", or whatever you want to call it) I haven't heard anything about Shane being involved in that part of the company for a long time.

How do you figure Shane has more power, considering his sister is the one who decides what goes on TV twice a week which goes a long way towards the future well being of the company? And try to make your reply as condescending as possible too, I love to be talked to like I rode in on the short bus.