Pro Wrestling Only

Another WWE Injury

sek69

From Meltz:

Early reports are that the injury to Batista at today's Smackdown house show in Verona, NY, was a possible torn triceps.

We don't have any other details available. The injury appeared to be from landing wrong after Mark Henry jumped on him in their house show main event. The match had to be cut short and when they right to a finish of Henry using the ring bell for a DQ.

Batista has suffered at least two torn triceps earlier in his career, and is still recuperating from a torn lat. The full extent of the injury has not been determined and it may not be a tear. We don't know if it is the same arm that has been injured in the past or not.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Well, I don't know how much Batista's age has to do with anything. If wrestlings past is any indication, Big Dave could be 'round for another couple decades.

Guest savagerulz

Not surprised. He's overcompensating on everything to avoid aggrivating his back injury and it's just going to lead to more problems. Working with someone the size of Henry is the worst thing he could be doing.

Mark Henry needs to stop wrestling. It seems like either Henry injures somebody or he injures himself within six months.

One of the reasons Ahmed Johnson was let go was how often he hurt guys, albeit unintentionally. The difference between Ahmed 1998 and Henry 2006? Ahmed was over.

Guest Big Papi

Jesus Mark, way to fuck yourself. You have a golden opportunity to show us you are not a worthless slob and this is what you do.

Bite the bullet and put the title on Rey.

And Big Dave's history of injuries is scary. I really hope he takes care of himself.

PWI:

The belief among those I've spoken to is that WWE World champion Batista suffered a torn triceps at last night's house show, an injury he's suffered in the past that's kept him out of action. Batista had been working through a lat injury in his back already, and the timing of the triceps tear was bad. One has to feel for Batista as over the last year, he's worked really hard to improve his game and earn a main event position. While on the way there, he dealt with a lot of personal hardships as his wife had been suffering from cancer at the time. Now that he's made it to the top of the card, he's racking up injuries left and right.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

The best one was when he tore it jogging with the wife.

Thats what im saying, Batistas been known for being injury prone. Everyone jus assumes its Henry's fault.

Guest Bruiser Chong

I don't really have beef with Henry. His little run there in late 2003 before he got hurt was entertaining. He still sucks for the most part in the ring and he's one of the company's bigger contract failures in the modern era. Still, he's had some bad breaks, not all which have been his fault.

Smackdown's a mess right now.

The World champ is injured and there's no one lined up to take it. Any title change is going to come with little to no build unless they put the strap on Mizark.

The US title is being decided in a series of matches where one guy's been injured for half of them. Benoit might end up in the world title scene due to Batista's injury which would put the US belt in disarray again.

The Crusierweight champ is injured and there's no one credible to take that belt now either due to releases and most of the division reduced to jobbers.

I wonder if MNM are paranoid since they're the only ones holding a belt on Smackdown who aren't injured yet.

Guest savagerulz

You know, with everything going on with the world title on both shows, they have accomplished one thing:

The Royal Rumble is officially a crap shoot.

Cena is getting a title shot at the same show, so he can't win. Batista is injured (and the current champ) so that takes care of him. Who the fuck is left? HHH (NO)? Orton (God no)? RVD (LOL)?

Dare I say, the combination of poor planning and injury has left me intrigued.

Guest MJHimJfadeaway23

The word going around last night as it pertained to Batista is there was probably no chance for him to be back in time for Wrestlemania. Again, the doctors have not given final word, but plans were being talked of as if the title change was now a definite. They may do a quickie title change tonight if they can get him in the ring and do something short and safe, or just strip him, do another tournament, or even put it up in the Royal Rumble match with the proviso if a Raw guy wins, he comes to Smackdown as champion. All have been discussed. There was no etched in stone idea at last word. The final decision should be made clear at tonight's tapings.

- Dave Meltzer

Guest MJHimJfadeaway23

There's precedent for the Rumble winner getting the title (not to mention the guy who won it is still working for the company).

Yes, I know, that's my favorite RR ever. I've been watching since the early 80s. And there were so many potential winners (Taker, Hogan, Sid, Piper etc...) in the match it made it great. I think the same for this one. They can go anywhere they want with this one, considering RAW wrestlers are in it. If I had to guess, I'd suspect Orton would win (Not my first choice, but eh).

Keller:

-Batista is backstage at the Smackdown taping right now, so it's expected he will either lose the title in the ring tonight in a very short match, or he'll hand over the title to Teddy Long and its future will be announced. There could be a tournament on Smackdown, two top contenders named who wrestle each other on TV or a PPV, or something else. Although there isn't firm word on the severity of his injury, it's considered even more serious than his last lat tear and will absolutely require more than a couple months of recovery time.

You know, I think now is the time to end the brand names. SD! has had a death, an inury to its World champion, its U.S. champion, and arguably a major defection (Christian). We might worry about the guys on bottom getting less air-time but lets face it... most of the undercard is really weak anyway. Fuck it, end the brand split so you can only have to worry about one champ, one tag team division (which could possibly increase the chance more guys are being used), one lower level belt and a bunch of possibilities.

Spoilers:

Batista has vacated the title and there's a battle royal tonight atthe tapings to crown a new champ. The fact that it's a battle royal leads me to think they may go with Mysterio but that's me dreaming.

New WHC and US champs crowned tonight.