Pro Wrestling Only

Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre

Grimmas

Catch up time, posted three shows in quick format. If people have questions about what happened I will answer. I will post 2-3 more in quick format then do the next one in real time. The first real time one will feature the tournament for the Mexican National Trios Titles!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to the tournament!

I added El Canek to the cards in full force, hope you feel he was well represented.
That Feb. 8th main event sounds like a barn-burner. I wouldn't mind reading a bit more about what happened in that match.

Looking forward to the tournament!

I added El Canek to the cards in full force, hope you feel he was well represented.
That Feb. 8th main event sounds like a barn-burner. I wouldn't mind reading a bit more about what happened in that match.

This is what I can gather from the newspapers. It went three falls.

The first fall was won by the rudos who jumped all the tecnicos leaving Perro Aguayo alone in the ring with all of Los Infernales. Perro fought hard, but Satanico low blowed him behind the referee's back and pinned him. They then rolled in Chicana and triple teamed him for the win.

The second fall was a 3 on 2 beatdown with Aguayo left for dead after the low blow. After beat down for a while, Perro jumped in and Satanico went for another low blow. This time the referee saw it and the match was tied up.

Aguayo was now been brought to the back so it's 3 on 2 again. After a short time Canek and Chicano have finally made a comeback. Chicano really goes hard at Morgan and pins him. Leaving it a straight up tag. Satanico and MS-1 gain advantage through cheating, but Perro runs from the back and nails Satanico, leaving him open for Canek to get the win.

CMLL Super Viernes

February 22, 1985

1. El Hijo del Santo, Ataltnis, Alfon Dantes, y Valente Fernandez def. Jerry Estrada, Espanto Jr., Fuerza Guerrera, y Kato Kung Lee

2. Negro Navarro y Black Terry def. Gran Cochisse y Ringo Mendozza

3. Negro Casas y Blue Panther def. El Solar y Super Astro

4. Super Porky y El Brazo def. Villano III y Villano IV

5. Perro Aguayo y Sangre Chicano def. El Satanico y Pirata Morgan

CMLL Super Viernes

March 1, 1985

1. Gran Cochisse, Ringo Mendoza, y Cachorro Mendoza def. Espanto Jr., Kato Kung Lee, y Talisman

2. Jerry Estrada y Tony Bennetto def. Popitekus y Hombre Bala

3. El Solar def. Moguro to win the Mexican National Lightweight Title.

4. Cien Caras, El Hijo del Santo, y Atlantis def. El Dandy, Fuerza Guerrera, y Emilio Charles Jr.

5. El Satanico y Perro Aguayo def. Pirata Morgan y Sangre Chicano in a Parejas Incredible match.

CMLL Super Viernes

March 8, 1985

1. Los Villanos def. Solar, Super Astro, y Ultraman to qualify for the Mexican National Trios Title Tournament.

2. Los Brazos def. Blue Panther, Negro Casas, y Black Terry to qualify for the Mexican National Trios Title Tournament.

3. Los Missioneros de la Muerte def. Kato Kung Lee def. Gran Cochise, Cachorro Mendoza, y Ringo Mendoza to qualify for the Mexican National Trios Title Tournament.

4. El Hijo del Santo def. Emilio Charles Jr.

5. Sange Chicano, Mocho Cota, y La Fiera def. Los Infernales to qualify for the Mexican National Trios Title Tournament.

On March 15, 1985 the tournament to crown the first ever Mexican National Trios Champions takes place. This tournament features four great teams.

Match 1: Sangre Chicano, Mocho Cota y La Fiera vs Los Villanos

Match 2: Los Brazos vs Los Missioneros de la Muerte

With the finals taking place between the two winners. Arena Mexico will be on fire as we crown our trios champions for the first time!

That tournament is going to be absolutely sick. With that, WrestleMania, the Rougeau Cup, the Mid-South/CCW/USWA situation, Clash of the Champions... Not to mention the paradigm shift coming to Japan... This version of the world of pro wrestling in 1985 is on fire.

Perro Aguayo was set to join Sangre Chicano and Mocho Cota as a team in the tournament, but the Los Infernales attack on him after the Parejas Incredible match was so brutal, he was not allowed to compete. He was then replaced by La Fiera.

Perro is in the hospital and can not compete for an undisclosed amount of time, according to doctors. Rumour has it he wants to challenge El Satanico to a hair match for when he returns.

Cmll.png
SUPER VIERNES

March 15, 1985

Arena Mexico

Mexico City, Mexico

Match 1:

Mexican National Trios Tournament: Semi-Final:

Los Caudillos (Sangre Chicano y Mocha Cota y La Fiera)

contra

Los Villanos (III y IV y V)

Villano III pinned Sangre Chicano (6:02)

Mocha Cota pinned Villano III (7:46)

Villano III pinned Mocha Cota (10:25)

Villano IV pinned La Fiera (10:26)

Winner: Rudos (1/3)

Math Time: 24:14

Note: Los Villanos advance to the finals!

Match 2:

Mexican National Trios Tournament: Semi-Final:

Los Brazos (El Brazo y Brazo de Plata y Brazo de Oro)

contra

Los Missioneros de la Muerte (Negro Navarro y El Texano y El Signo)

Brazo de Plata pinned Negro Navarro (8:20)

El Texano pinned El Brazo (3:00)

El Brazo pinned El Texano (14:54)

Brazo de Plata pinned El Signo (14:56)

Winner: Tecnicos (1/3)

Math Time: 26:16

Note: Los Brazos advance to the finals!

Match 3:

Gran Cochisse y El Solar y Super Astro y Ultraman

contra

Los Guerreros del Universo (Negro Casas y Black Terry y Blue Panther y Babe Face)

Negro Casas made El Solar submit (4:43)

Black Terry pinned Gran Cochisse (7:03)

Winner: Rudos (1/2)

Math Time: 11:46

Note: A clown appeared at ringside, although they only gave out balloons to rudos fans, not tecnicos.

Match 4:

El Hijo del Santo y Tony Acre y Vulcano

contra

Espanto Jr. y Fuerza Guerrera y El Dandy

Fuerza Guerrera pinned Tony Acre (5:03)

El Dandy made Vulcano submit (5:07)

El Hijo del Santo made Espanto Jr. submit (3:33)

El Dandy pinned Tony Acre (8:32)

El Hijo del Santo pinned Espanto Jr. (9:02)

Winner: Tecnicos (2/3)

Math Time: 17:42

Match 5:

Mexican National Trios Tournament: Final:

Los Brazos (El Brazo y Brazo de Plata y Brazo de Oro)

contra

Los Villanos (III y IV y V)

Villano V pinned Brazo de Oro (5:54)

Villano III pinned Brazo de Plata (5:57)

El Brazo pinned Villano III (13:10)

Villano III pinned El Brazo (15:25)

Winner: Rudos (1/3)

Math Time: 34:32

Note: Los Villanos won the Mexican National Trios Titles!

Dear Dave,

it's been a while since I wrote you, but I have come under hard times. I've worked at a factory for the last two decades and recently my job was replaced by a computer. I had to drop cable to make ends meet. Good news though, I have found a new job that pays just as well! It's a little unsavoury, but it pays the bills!

Finally I was able to check out my new favourite wrestling in CMLL! Looks like they are crowing a six man tag team champions on this show, and boy was it a great show to come to!

It started with highlights of the two semi-finals matches. First up was Los Villanos against Sangre Chicano, La Fiera, & Mocho Cota. The highlights were tremendous with Chicano being such a great great good guy, I just can't help to route for him. Villanos are pure dicks and take every short cut possible. From what was shown this was exciting.

The second match saw Los Brazos and Los Missionaries del Muerte. This looks very very exciting, but little was shown.

We were treated with Perro Aguayo in a hospital bed with the hospital gown and the fury boots. He yelled and screamed a lot. What I could gather is he wants Satanico's hair and he's really badly injured. Hilariously the video ended with a shot of the heart rate monitor were the final blip was not the normal blip but a digitalized version of Satanico's face. I guess Perro has rage for Satanico in his heart.

The first full match of the show had Los Guerreros del Universo taking on Gran Cochise, El Solar, Ultraman and Super Astro. Los Guerreros dominated and blooded up Cochise and took him out of the match. A rare two fall in. Weirdly enough there was a clown at ringside handing out balloons to the fans of the rudos, not the tecnicos. A rudo clown?

The main event was for the six man tag team titles and it was the best match I have ever seen. Los Villanos and Los Brazos have so much talent and skill and I can't believe the pace they set. This really was unbelievable. I loved it and everyone should check it out. Although, the finish was screwy as Los Guerreros del Universo were at ringside and they helped Los Villanos gather the win and the titles. Afterwards all seven men celebrated together waving the Universo flag.

This was the best show since I started watching lucha and I am so happy I am back to it! Hope you enjoyed the report.

Stan Grimmas

Dear Stan,

thanks for the report. Please send me the tape, as this sounds tremendous.

Los Guerreros del Universo appeared on a television talk show today. Originally it was Blue Panther, Negro Casas, Black Terry, and Babe Face, but they introduced the newest members of the unit, Los Villanos.

The 7 men talked about how much better UWA was then CMLL and how they regret the merger of the two. Their main goal now is to prove UWA > CMLL by winning all the titles. Casas and Villanos are already champions and the remaining three have all issued challenges for the next Arena Mexico show.

Babe Face challenged Cien Caras for the Mexican National Heavyweight Title.

Blue Panther challenged Atlantis for the Mexican National Middleweight Title.

Finally, Black Terry challenged El Solar for the Mexican National Lightweight TItle.

After they win all the titles, the next step will be to embarrass the roster by taking their hair and masks or by sending them to the hospital.

At this point Negro Casas said his main annoyance is Gran Cochisse, who has been a thorn in their side since the merger.

Following this appearance, Paco Alonso confirmed the three titles match all to take place on March 22nd at Arena Mexico. He also signed Los Villanos to take on El Hijo del Santo, Tony Acre, and Vulcano for the Trios Titles and finally, El Talisman will defend his Welterweight Title against Gran Cohisse. The night will be called "Noche de Campeones", the Night of Champions.

I love your presentation and the "letters" are very creative way to add more insight for the readers....great stuff all around!

Thanks, very appreciated.

I agree with Gene. I knew so little about Luche libre before and your letters seem to clear up so much for me. It is great that this game has become a showcase of wrestling around the world in 1985

If you have other questions you want cleared up, let me know and I will work them in.

To answer one of them, yes Dusty Rhodes did steal his famous promo from the WON from a letter by Stan Grimmas.

Tomorrow's card!

Noche de Campeones
March 22, 1985
Arena Mexico
Mexico City, Mexico
Primera Lucha
Por el Campeonato de Mexican National Welterweight
El Talisman
(Campeon)
vs
(Retador)
Gran Cochisse
Segunda Lucha
Por el Campeonato de Mexican National Lightweight
El Solar
(Campeon)
vs
(Retador)
Black Terry
Tercera Lucha
Por el Campeonato de Mexican National Heavyweight
Cien Caras
(Campeon)
vs
(Retador)
Babe Face
Lucha Semifinal
Por el Campeonato de Mexican National Trios
Los Villanos
(Campeonnes)
vs
(Retadores)
El Hijo del Santo, Tony Acre, y Vulcano
Lucha Estelar
Por el Campeonato de Mexican National Middlweight
Atlantis
(Campeon)
vs
(Retador)
Blue Panther

Cmll.png

Noche de Campeones

March 22, 1985

Arena Mexico

Mexico City, Mexico

Primera Lucha

Por el Campeonato de Mexican National Welterweight

El Talisman

(Campeon)

vs

(Retador)

Gran Cochisse

Talisman pinned Gran Cochisse.

Cochisse pinned Talisman.

Cochisse pinned Talisman.

Winner: Tecnico (2/3)

Note: Gran Cochisse won the Mexican National Welterweight Title.

Segunda Lucha

Por el Campeonato de Mexican National Lightweight

El Solar

(Campeon)

vs

(Retador)

Black Terry

Black Terry pinned El Solar.

El Solar made Black Terry submit.

Black Terry pinned El Solar after a foul.

Winner: Rudo (1/3)

Note: Black Terry won the Mexican National Lightweight Title.

Tercera Lucha

Por el Campeonato de Mexican National Heavyweight

Cien Caras

(Campeon)

vs

(Retador)

Babe Face

Cien Caras pinned Babe Face.

Babe Face pinned Cien Caras.

Babe Face pinned Cien Caras.

Winner: Rudo (2/3)

Note: Babe Face won the Mexican National Heavyweight Title.

Lucha Semifinal

Por el Campeonato de Mexican National Trios

Los Villanos

(Campeonnes)

vs

(Retadores)

El Hijo del Santo, Tony Acre, y Vulcano

Villano III pinned Vulcano.

Villano IV pinned Tony Acre.

El Hijo del Santo made Villano III submit.

Villano IV pinned Tony Acre.

Villano V pinned Vulcano.

Winners: Rudos (1/3)

Note: Los Villanos retained the Mexican National Trios Titles.

Lucha Estelar

Por el Campeonato de Mexican National Middlweight

Atlantis

(Campeon)

vs

(Retador)

Blue Panther

Blue Panther pinned Atlantis.

Atlantis made Blue Panther submit.

Blue Panther pinned Atlantis.

Winner: Rudo (1/3)

Note: Blue Panther won the Mexican National Middleweight Title,