Pro Wrestling Only

Heart Throbs = GONE~!

sek69

WWE has come to terms on the release of both John Roselli (Romeo) and Thomas Matera (Antonio) today, February 10,2006. We wish them both the best in all future endeavors.

It's pretty sad that they got over huge as faces in Kentucky doing a "flamboyant" gimmick yet WWE couldn't do anything with them. I guess sending them out to be squashed by Kane every week will do that.

What good does it do though when they fuck them over upon arrival though. A guy can work in OVW for a decade and it still won't work if he was a tag team worker and they make him a singles guy or something equally as stupid. I don't understand why they can't also use OVW as a testing ground for the gimmicks for these guys.

Not that it matters. I fully believe that Stephanie has been sabotaging the OVW guys as a fuck you to Jim Cornette and now Paul Heyman.

They also have a roster that's falling apart with each passing day so they can't leave guys there for long periods of time like they used to.

When the Throbs came back to OVW in November, the roof blew off the Davis Arena. Yeah, they aren't all that great in the ring, but they had that "it" that gets you over in wrestling. I wouldn't be surprised to see them pop up in TNA or in Japan somewhere soon.

Guest Famous Mortimer

What good does it do though when they fuck them over upon arrival though. A guy can work in OVW for a decade and it still won't work if he was a tag team worker and they make him a singles guy or something equally as stupid. I don't understand why they can't also use OVW as a testing ground for the gimmicks for these guys.

Not that it matters. I fully believe that Stephanie has been sabotaging the OVW guys as a fuck you to Jim Cornette and now Paul Heyman.

They also have a roster that's falling apart with each passing day so they can't leave guys there for long periods of time like they used to.

What other company has one of the bosses deliberately fucking it up? Bye bye, WWE.

Guest savagerulz

The fact they're on the show I watch and I still didn't know they were even employed anymore means keeping them under contract was pissing money down the drain.

TNA could use another couple of Tag Teams. They have The Naturals, Team Canada, AMW, Team 3-D, The James Gang, and LAX...but since they actually seem to have an idea how to use Tag Teams, some more fresh blood in there is good. I would assume (and hope) that if these guys leave WWE they won't be able to use the same gimmick. They have experience as a team, so they can just find something new to do.

Guest Some Guy

Cena and Batista and Orton are OVW alumni, as was Brock Lesnar. Masters is another OVW guy who is getting a pretty good push.

Not that it matters.  I fully believe that Stephanie has been sabotaging the OVW guys as a fuck you to Jim Cornette and now Paul Heyman.

Cena and Batista and Orton are OVW alumni, as was Brock Lesnar. Masters is another OVW guy who is getting a pretty good push.
They weren't going to let her touch Batista, Orton or Lesnar. They put so much time into Lesnar and Orton/Batista were HHH's pet projects. They tried to fuck over Cena by depushing him when he first came around and then giving him an awful gimmick while jobbing him weekly to Rikishi for a month straight. He just happened to make it work.

Guest Jack D. Ripper

Stephanie doesn't need to listen to people like Cornette...she's Vincent Kennedy McMahon's daughter, damnit...what could Paul Heyman possibly tell her?

What other company has one of the bosses deliberately fucking it up? Bye bye, WWE.

I hazard to say a lot more than you'd think. Petty politics and backstabbing is rife in many large corporations, though it's probably more pronounced in WWE than most because the boss' daughter got promoted to such an important position so quickly.

Since it's been brought up here, what does/did/would Steph have against Jim Cornette?

Cornette wouldn't do things Steph's way basically.

I believe Steph is taking her Heyman-hate out on the guys who got over in OVW under her watch. The two biggest stars under his watch so far have been put into the lame ass Spirit Squad.

Heyman *adores* Ken Kennedy, though, and the only reason why he got called up was because Heyman pushed him hard as soon as he got the OVW job and got him noticed.

.....and that Ken Anderson in OVW became Ken Kennedy in WWE which everyone knows is Vince's middle name and it's probably the reason he's getting pushed.

He's also got undeniable charisma that will make him a superstar if he's allowed to do what he was able to do in OVW. I think Vince probably saw that and overruled Steph's hatred of all things Heyman. I'm sure smoke comes from her ears every time he appears on WWE TV.