Pro Wrestling Only

What if ...... WWE stays with original WM 30 plans

Strummer

What does the crowd in New Orleans do that night? Hijack the whole show or just Orton/Batista? Is it a public relations nightmare?

Does the end of the streak get the same reaction? Does Vince even book the end of the streak because there's no storybook feel good ending with Bryan that night?

Would Bryan eventually get the belt or do they just go from .Batista to Brock to build up Roman?

If Punk stays and goes over Hunter does it help him long run or does he stay at the same level and ease into a mechanic role while Roman is on top?

I think the show gets dominated by disgruntled fans. I was there and the whole thing was about Dragon. I know they had more or less committed at that point, but I really believe the fans would have thrown a hissy fit if Bryan weren't in the main event.

I also kind of feel like that and Raw would have been the peak and fans might have moved on, slowly. I am not sure Bryan ever gets the belt if he didn't get it there.

WM30 would have been the most infamous and heavily edited WM in WM and PPV history."Daniel Bryan" chants all night, Daniel (when he does appear) receiving the loudest reaction of anyone else on the card, and then of course Batista/Orton getting the biggest negative reaction in pro wrestling history. I can imagine the audio will be turned down during the main event and other production 'tricks' at play. Seeing the reply the following day would be VERY interesting for all the wrong reasons. Perhaps WWE, after suffering the embarrassment at WM and the following Raw, decides HHH is going to 'step-in' to prove that Bryan doesn't believe and so begins a WM like program (the lite version of it of course) that leads to Bryan winning the IC belt and playing the Macho Man to WWE's chosen Hulk Hogan (Reigns? Orton again? Does Batista stay?).

Bryan would eventually be forced to retire and the fans are left wondering 'what if', while WWE kicks into pretending the company knew of Byran's health and thus decided against the fans wishes (and the company's org. plan) and was 'forced' to go with Orton/Batista as the main for Mania. Over time the fans begin to view it that way and Its Magnum all over again. Vince McMahon would continue to get huge face reactions in every arena he shows up.

Bryan would eventually be forced to retire and the fans are left wondering 'what if', while WWE kicks into pretending the company knew of Byran's health and thus decided against the fans wishes (and the company's org. plan) and was 'forced' to go with Orton/Batista as the main for Mania. Over time the fans begin to view it that way and Its Magnum all over again. Vince McMahon would continue to get huge face reactions in every arena he shows up.

I think this is a very astute observation. We as WWE fans are always cranky, but also extremely acquiescent and ultimately malleable to whatever ends up happening in WWE despite our expectations or wishes. We have to be, or else we'd actually stop watching.

You already had people saying shit like "well just as well they gave him Kane as his first program because LOOK AT HIM NOW HE'S FRAIL AND INJURED AND RETIRED WHAT KIND OF TOP GUY" as it was. If he'd never had WM30 and then suffered the same injuries and retired just the same, you'd have loads more people spouting the same lines about how of course they couldn't go with Bryan, he's too broken down to be trusted and we knew this all along. WWE included.