Pro Wrestling Only

Summerslam 2017, or How to get through a 6 hour show with a little help from your friends at PWO

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my own fault for still trying to watch a show this long live. In this day & age, I should really know better. If I just wait until tomorrow, I can fast-forward through all the stuff that doesn't interest me. There's so much filler it's just exhausting. There's so many people that I don't care about getting TV time, that it just feels like a waste of my time.

Like who wanted to see Big Show Vs. Cass with Enzo in a shark tank? Who was clamoring for that? Did we really need another Natalya title run? What was the point of that Rusev Vs. Orton match? It's just all nonsense.

Reasons?

Of all the things to complain about on this show, we're concerned with Cole reading off stats that mean nothing?

How is that different than baseball? "He's batting .345 on Sunday afternoons against left handers when the wind blows out toward left field and the forecast calls for rain."

I reserve the right to complain about whatever I want when it comes to this shitty show.

Besides, Cole is supposed to be the play-by-play guy. Constantly spouting stats and historical dates is practically all the guy does now. I expect that from a color commentator in baseball. In wrestling, I like the play-by-play guy to actually call the match. Tom Phillips can do it, and he has a hell of a lot less experience than Cole does. I don't see why Cole can't just call the damn match and leave the color to Graves (who is damn good at it) and Booker.

So, I'm still in my "Rusev is simply waiting out his contract expiration" camp, how about you guys? I imagine he's being pretty blunt that there's no way he's re-signing at this point.

After the way they've treated him, how could he not feel that way? He's really damn good, and they've not done squat with him.

Although, who knows. Maybe he doesn't want to walk away from the money. Not everybody is a Ryback, Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger. There is no shame in his staying if that is the best way to make a living. I guess it all depends which is more important to him, money or professional success.

True, But Rusev still has way more steam even at this point than those guys when they got released, of those guys Cody is putting in the most work and its paying off. Rusev could easily get on with NJPW or ROH and his twitter keeps him over. Yes Im sure he's making good money but After McIntyre and Mahal left and got called back, I believe that at this point alot of disgruntled employees would rather leave and get a buzz and trying to get called back or just get over in NJPW. Even Bryan has made it known that thats what he wants to do if his body allows

How can they have Finn and Rollins both do the sling blade thing in consecutive matches.

Some folks calls it a sling blade, I calls it a kaiser blade. Mmmm Hmmm.

Also, Cole called it a "Blockbuster" and Graves waited a beat and, without being a dick, called it a Slingblade

Finn and Rollins both do the same move in almost all their matches. I put that on the agents