Pro Wrestling Only

Ongoing ECW PPV Results

sek69

Guest HarleyQuinn

I read that the June 24th show and July 7th shows will be taking place at the ECW Arena...so I'm expecting more from the next two weeks, hopefully.

Oh! How could I forget them replaying Tazz/Lawler from One Night Stand for absolutely no reason whatsoever?

As someone who was really looking forward to this, I am tremendously disappointed with the product they turned out tonight. This absolutely had Stephanie McMahon and Brian Gerwitz's hands all over it.

Guest HarleyQuinn

I think that was the deadest crowd I've ever seen for a wrestling show. There were points where you could make out the 5-7 voices chanting "ECW" with silence around them...even the striptease got zero reaction.

Just a note. People need to remember that ECW didn't really have long matches on their shows until 99 when Paul ran out of ideas and changed to a more wrestling centered product (basically as a plea to smarks). There was lots of talking and angles during the 95-97 glory years

Yeah, the old ECW syndicated shows that were basically an hour of Taz, Raven, and Shane Douglas promos were much superior.

The more I see people bitch about the new ECW, the more I think they never watched the old ECW.

Guest savagerulz

PWInsider:

- As evident by the ECW debut last night, Vince McMahon is clearly in charge of the creative for the new ECW. Paul Heyman did write the show but it was changed WWE creative. The word backstage was that Heyman had to write the show to meet McMahon's expectations.

- As reported, Paul Heyman did write the ECW show for last night but it ended up being heavily tweaked by Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn. Word is that Heyman and McMahon & Dunn had fights about certain things with McMahon & Dunn winning out.

- Everyone within the company, including Paul Heyman, thought the ECW show was a total disaster and failure.

Two things:

(1) This is bad. Not just bad in the sense that it was a bad show with no crowd reaction that doesn't bid well for the future, but bad in the sense that Vince will see this reaction and instead of tweaking the formula will just push it harder out of spite for his fanbase. That's how he operates anymore.

(2) Nice to see Heyman already manipulating the way word gets out on this. Every time something happens on TV that ends up getting a bad response, we immediately get a report that Heyman was against it and fought it, but lost. Not saying the show last night was necessarily his brainchild, but just that he's the master at working Meltzer, Keller, Scherer, etc.

Guest Big Papi

I don't know if it's because my expectations were so high but I thought last nights show was one of the worst professional wrestling shows I've ever seen. I hope everyone involved was embarrased. If Vince and company want to make ECW work then they need to rethink their whole plan. Having ECW with Smackdown was a huge mistake and last nights show proved it. If they ran the shit they did last night in front of real ECW fans there would have been a riot. I expected the new ECW to be a project but this was a huge step back. I can't imagine that anyone is happy right now. It was so bad that they almost don't deserve a second chance.

Bad WWE style is atrocious. Bad ECW style can be entertaining due to the spots. That's the difference. None of those TLC matches were any good, but people liked them because of the spots. But these days, the spots in WWE are laughably bad or nonexistant. To most fans, spots = good wrestling, and what's why they like ECW's "crap" but not WWE's "crap".

The show was probably worse than last year's as far as good wrestling goes, but it was fun enough. I don't think we'll be seeing "good wrestling" in ECW until they bring in some of the indy guys who are familiar with different styles. Until then, it'll be WWE-style crapfests or ECW-style spotfests.

TLC III was a great match. Great drama, great spots and a tremendous feel good feeling after watching it though in hindsight knowing Benoit got hurt makes the match hard to watch.

I can't believe this, but I think Scott Keith summed it up quite nicely in his review:

I should point out, however, that this show is the ultimate no-lose prospect for Paul Heyman -- if the show ends up doing great, then he's a genius who can do no wrong. And when the show does terrible, it's because Vince McMahon doesn't understand the product and took over on creative. Maybe he's more like Vince than anyone wants to admit.

Bad WWE style is atrocious. Bad ECW style can be entertaining due to the spots. That's the difference. None of those TLC matches were any good, but people liked them because of the spots. But these days, the spots in WWE are laughably bad or nonexistant. To most fans, spots = good wrestling, and what's why they like ECW's "crap" but not WWE's "crap".

The show was probably worse than last year's as far as good wrestling goes, but it was fun enough. I don't think we'll be seeing "good wrestling" in ECW until they bring in some of the indy guys who are familiar with different styles. Until then, it'll be WWE-style crapfests or ECW-style spotfests.

TLC III was a great match. Great drama, great spots and a tremendous feel good feeling after watching it though in hindsight knowing Benoit got hurt makes the match hard to watch.
No it wasn't. But thanks for your attention-seeking, pointless reply.

I thought TLC III was a terrific match. Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho had the deck stacked against them in a huge way, trying to beat the top three tag teams in the company at one time in one match. Excellent booking that made every point so well -- Jericho gutted it out and was the strong one, Benoit fought back from a horrible injury to secure the victory for his team. It was the only TLC match that really had any major substance outside of the big bumps and highspots, mainly because of Benoit's selling. They also played off of Edge and Christian always winning these things by having them pose the greatest threat to the champs. The conchairto to the ribs, and the way Benoit sold is, is one of my all-time favorite spots. Build, story, heat, world class spots and fantastic selling. I don't see what's not to like in that match.

Guest Some Guy

If this show is any indication of how ECW is going to be they might as well rename it "ECW Velocity" and cancel it. The show was fucking brutal. I can't think of a single thing on it that I enjoyed. I had pretty low expectations going in and this didn't live up to them.

They need to get the WWE title of RVD and let him be ECW champ. No mention of WWE should even be made.

They need to go to smaller arenas so they can get the same feel that ECW used to have with the crowds.

They should go back to the same style ring that ECW used in the past and that they used at ONS 05.

They can't use WWE style lighting, pyro, and music. The arena needs to be darker, the pyro non-existant, and the music grittier.

Last night was the night that they were virtually guarenteed to pop a big rating and rather than use the hour to showcase new talent or even the old talent that WWE fans don't know, they showcased Cena, Edge, RVD, Show, and Paul Heymen.

CM Punk should have debuted last night.