Pro Wrestling Only

Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling June 86

spaldoni

I loved the interaction with Houston/JJ...you've done a really great job making each challenger seem like they are going to be the one to win the cash! 

I agree with the consensus the Awesome Twosome are destined for great things in the tag team division....they would make awesome champions because they make great opponents for not only teams like the Road Warriors and SST but teams like The Rock & Roll Express and The Von Erichs as well.

Orndorff and Duggan are getting over great as your top babyfaces with Dibiase and Race making strong top heels as well.  

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Infernales stealing the titles!  Backlund with a big win over Rheingans.  Submission match seems perfect for those two.  Jones and Oliver appear to be on the same page, but for how long?  Houston going after Bundy is a great way of re-introducing him to the territory.  Win or lose he ends up looking good.  Youngblood vs. Mulligan is a nice addition to any card.  Rich gets a solid title defense with some story development added on.  Great, GREAT way to end the show with Duggan making a statement.

St. Clair and Singh are slowly building an unexpected good feud.  Cobra and SBS would have been one Hell of a workrate feud in the 80s.  Jones and Oliver might not be working together after all.  Idol is looking all kinds of ready for his big match.  The main is all kinds of awesome with two of your hottest feuds in the ring at the same time.  Duggan again is looking like a world-beater.

Iron Mike gets a win!  Big win for Rude and Fernandez.  I like putting them over a midcard team in a competitive bout, helps everyone.  Backlund continues to have the Professor's number of late, bad shoulder and all.  Houston giving Bundy a challenge is the right call.  Kirch getting one up on Kernodle was needed.  Kernodle was getting a little too cocky for his own good.  That 8-man tag is a great way to use your midcarders.  Have 3 feuds in the ring at once and just let 'em rip.  It would be more than enough to keep a crowd happy, especially given the finish.

I really can't say enough about how you've developed your roster.  You have a ton of guys you can plug into different feuds and not miss a beat.  Flair/Horsemen and Hogan are guys that demand a lot of attention for sure and it's hard to not make them the focus of every show.  What you have going is a good amount of midcard/upper midcard guys who can plug into main event slots when you don't have the focus on your top two (Race/Orndorff and DiBiase/Duggan for me) feuds.

MACW @ WTBS Studios TV (Recorded 6-25-86) Aired 6-28-86

Schiavone: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling. Back with me this week is David Crockett. Well David, why don't you do the honors and tell the fans the latest news concerning the Great American Bash.

Crockett: Thank you Tony. As you fans know, the Great American Bash comes to you on July 2nd in the Memorial Stadium located in the great wrestling city of Charlotte North Carolina. I'm excited to tell you that Tony and I will be there to provide live commentary, not only for our fans watching on Close Circuit, but Crockett Promotions will be recording the event so it can be sold and distributed on VHS tapes. 

Schiavone: That is exciting news David and I'm glad you were able to get that finalized. July 2nd will be a historic night for Mid Atlantic. As for tonight's show, in action will be Austin Idol, Mid Atlantic Champ Paul Orndorff, Tom Prichard, Corporal Kirchner, Tony St. Clair, Rip Oliver, Jimmy Valiant, Bob Backlund and Polynesian Power. Speaking of Polynesian Power, we have received word from the NWA Board of Directors concerning their match with the Southern Ramblers this weekend in Philadelphia. The winners of that match will receive a shot at the NWA National Tag Team Titles on July 19th. 

Heavy boos come from the crowd as Rick Rude and Manny Fernandez walk out to the podium. 

Fernandez: Listen up Daddy, you keep talking about all the great teams here in Mid Atlantic but you're looking at the best and I'm talking about the Awesome Twosome Daddy! There isn't a team here who can match up to us. When Ted Dibiase purchased our contracts, he promised opportunity, but man it's hard to get any opportunity when there's no competition to face. Tell them Rick.

Rude: That's right! We say we're the best because we are. The facts have already been established. Every team in Mid Atlantic is ducking us. (Laughs) I mean nobody wants to get in the ring with the Awesome Twosome. I just feel bad for Ted, I hate seeing his hard earned money go to waste just because the tag team competition here is so weak.

The crowd cheers as Rolling Thunder (Pedro Morales and Spike Huber) come out. 

Huber: You know, my partner and I have been in the back listening to you two run your mouths. You want some competition? 

Morales: We'll give it to you. In the ring...tonight! 

The fans cheer as Rolling Thunder head back. Fernandez and Rude smile at each other.

Fernandez: We accept Daddy! 

Schiavone: Ok fans, there you have it. Our main event tonight will be Rolling Thunder taking on The Awesome Twosome. Let's go to the ring. 

Corporal Kirchner vs. Vic DeMarco

Kirchner swings DeMarco to the ropes and gives him a boot to the face. Kirchner body slams DeMarco and follows with a standing Leg Drop. Kirchner hoists DeMarco up on his shoulders and drops him back with the Fallaway Slam for the pin! The fans cheer as Kirchner parades around the ring, holding the American Flag high. 

Kirchner cuts a promo saying the Rougeaus are pumped up and ready for the Bash. He says the Caspian Empire will fall and Don Kernodle's days are numbered.

Commercial Break

'Boogie Woogie Man' Jimmy Valiant vs. Carl Hillman

Valiant swings Hillman to the ropes and back drops him, and follows with a body slam. Valiant swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop for the pin! 

Valiant cuts a promo and says he heard Oliver say he doesn't want Paul Jones at ringside during their match at the Bash. Valiant says he doesn't trust Jones and never will so he'll be watching out for him. 

Tony St. Clair vs. Aaron Arbuckle

The fans cheer as St. Clair heads towards the ring but Tiger Jeet Singh nails him from behind! Singh hammers away on St. Clair and hurls him into the ring. Singh kicks Arbuckle and throws him through the ropes. The Ref tries to stop Singh but Singh throws him out of the ring! Singh turns around and is nailed with a European uppercut by St. Clair. St. Clair hits Singh with a flurry of European uppercuts, swings him to the ropes and clotheslines him. Officials storm the ring to break this up. After a moment, it's under control but Singh breaks free and nails Tony from behind with a double axe handle to the back of his head. Wrestlers from the back come out to help. 

Commercial Break

Crockett: Order has finally been restored. Those two will be on opposing teams at the Bash but adding Antonio Inoki and Abdullah the Butcher to the mix equals more chaos in my opinion. I sure feel bad for the Referee who has to officiate that match. I want to take a moment and remind our great fans in Philadelphia that MACW comes to the Civic Center this weekend for a hard hitting card. You will see Bob Backlund squaring off against Brad Rheingans in a submission match. Polynesian Power take on the Southern Ramblers for a shot at the National Tag Team Titles. Hot Property and Sweet Brown Sugar take on the Assassins and Cobra in a 6 man Tornado match. Mark Youngblood clashes with Blackjack Mulligan and in a special attraction bout, Bruiser Brody goes up against Akira Maeda. Should be a great night of action. Well fans, with me right now is one JJ Dillon.

JJ: (Arrogant smile) David Crockett, things couldn't be going better, thank you for asking. As you know, I have the most destructive force in wrestling, King Kong Bundy. He's so destructive that for the past two months we've put up 10,000 dollars to any man who can defeat him. Guess what? (Holds up the briefcase) I still have the money. One by one they've come in and one by one Bundy has knocked them down. I would say that's quite a track record. However, King Kong Bundy is somehow left off the Great American Bash card. I find that very puzzling. But do you really think that's going to prevent us from showing up? David, my boy, rest assured King Kong Bundy and myself will be attending the show and I dare anybody to try and stop him. 

Crockett: Well it looks like JJ and King Kong Bundy plan on making the trip to Charlotte, match or not. I'm not sure I like the sound of that. Fans, back to the ring. 

Bob Backlund vs. Lloyd London

Backlund works over London with some solid Amateur wrestling. Bob's favoring his sore arm a bit but still looks sharp. Backlund hits a Running Atomic Drop on London, then applies the cross face chicken wing for the submission. 

Backlund cuts a promo on Rheingans and says hurt arm or not, he will make Rheingans submit in Philadelphia.

Commercial Break

Rip Oliver w/Paul Jones vs. Alex Portman

Oliver body slams Portman a couple times then swings off the ropes and hits a knee drop. Oliver climbs to the 2nd turnbuckle. Portman staggers up and Oliver nails him with a flying clothesline for the pin! Oliver and Jones head to the podium and are met by the Southern Ramblers.

Schiavone: With me right now is the entire Paul Jones Army. I've got to ask..

Jones: Stop right there Schiavone! You just keep your mouth shut and listen up. First things first, my Southern Ramblers, Johnny Rich and Randy Rose are going into Philadelphia this weekend for one reason, to beat that 2nd rate team Polynesian Power and get what's rightfully theirs, a shot at the National Tag Team Titles. 

The Southern Ramblers smile and nod in approval. 

Jones: Now, as far as the Great American Bash goes. Rip, I told you I would respect your wishes and stay away from ringside during your match with that lowlife Valiant. I will honor that but just remember the end game here. Understand?

Oliver: How can I forget Paul, that's all you've been talking about since I arrived here. I remember the end game but just make sure you do. The end game is me getting a title shot once this situation with Jimmy Valiant is over. Do you understand? 

Jones: You do for me Rip and I will surely do for you. 

Commercial Break

Polynesian Power vs. Steve Ramsey and Brad Kimber

Sakalia swings Kimber to the ropes and hits a superkick and follows with three consecutive elbow drops and tags in Tui. Tui suplexes Kimber and tags in Sakalia. Sakalia hoists Kimber up and crashes back with the Samoan Drop and tags in Tui. Tui leaps off the top turnbuckle and crashes down with a flying elbow smash to get the pin! The fans cheer as Polynesian Power bump fists and hug. 

Polynesian Power cut a promo and say they've been waiting for this golden opportunity and the Southern Ramblers aren't going to stop them from achieving their goal. 

Schiavone: Polynesian Power have their sights set on the National Titles but the Southern Ramblers stand in the way. Ok fans, I want to bring out another young talented team here in Mid Atlantic, I'm talking about Joe Savoldi and Billy Travis known as Hot Property.

Huge pop from the fans.

Schiavone: Big night in Philly as the two of you team with Sweet Brown Sugar in a 6 man Tornado match against the Assassins and Cobra. That should be a wild one as both sides have had some major issues wi...

The Assassins and Cobra come out and attack Hot Property! The Assassin is telling his guys to punish them. The crowd cheers as Sweet Brown Sugar runs out to even things up. All 6 men are fighting all over the place. Pandemonium is breaking loose!  

Commercial Break

'The Doctor of Desire' Tom Prichard w/Rock Riddle vs. Gary Williams

Prichard swings Williams to the ropes and flips him over with a knee to the mid section. Prichard body slams Williams and follows with a corkscrew elbow drop. Prichard hoists Williams up on the turnbuckles and follows with a Superplex for the pin! Riddle runs in, pushes the Ref's hand away and raises Prichard's arm to the booing crowd. 

Crockett: Fans, you just saw the man who will challenge for the Television Title at the Great American Bash. Please welcome out the Television champ, Tommy Wildfire Rich. 

The fans explode as Tommy Rich comes out with the TV title on his shoulder. 

Rich: Did somebody say something about fired up, because David, I'm fired up tonight! 

The fans boo as Rock Riddle and Tom Prichard walk to the podium.

Riddle: Oh Davey Baby, I'm truly disappointed in you, I really am. My main man, the A lister himself Tom Prichard just puts on a stellar show for his fans and what do you do? You bring out this fluke of a chump Tommy Rich. Why are you wasting your time with this B level talent? I mean what is this? Amateur Hour? 

Crockett: I believe this is the man who beat your A lister for the TV title. That's why he's out here. 

Prichard: That was a fluke! Tommy Rich knows it and I know it! Come July 2nd baby, that title is coming back where it belongs, around the waist of a true blockbuster of a champion, which would be me. You don't deserve that belt Rich! You're nothing but a flop! 

Rich sets the title on the podium and takes off his jacket. 

Rich: Let me tell you something Mr. A lister. I do agree, you're at the top of the A list. You're the number one Ass in my book! 

Prichard swings at Rich but Rich blocks it and punches Prichard, knocking him down. Riddle quickly gets Prichard and takes him to the back as the fans are out of their seats cheering. 

Commercial Break

Another wrestling montage video is shown, hyping up The Stampede Rush (Duke Myers and Kerry Brown) 

Mid Atlantic Champ 'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff vs. Ken Jenkins

Orndorff swings Jenkins to the ropes and hits a high knee. Orndorff hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and crashes down with a forearm drop. Orndorff picks up Jenkins and blasts him with a short arm clothesline. The fans cheer as Orndorff makes the signal. Orndorff hoists Jenkins up and crashes him down with the Piledriver for the pin! Orndorff heads to the podium. 

Orndorff: Harley Race! The day is almost at hand. One on one, No disqualification. I guarantee at the end of the match only one man will be left standing...and you're looking at him! 

Commercial Break

The Awesome Twosome vs. Rolling Thunder

Pretty fun TV match here. Huber and Morales control the early part with quick tags, arm drags, hip tosses and drop kicks. The momentum changes when Rude nails Huber with a knee to the back from outside the apron. Fernandez body slams Huber and stomps away then tags in Rude, who fly's off the top rope with a knee drop. Rude tags in Fernandez, they swing Huber to the ropes and put him down with a double back elbow smash. Fernandez goes for a fist drop off the 2nd turnbuckle but Huber moves, rolls over and tags in Morales. Morales swings Fernandez to the ropes and back drops him. Rude charges in and gets back dropped. Morales nails Fernandez with a Caribbean Knee lift, bouncing him to the corner where he tags in Rude. Morales hammers away on Rude, swings him to the ropes and flips him over with a punch to the gut. Morales tags in Huber. Huber drop kicks Rude to the turnbuckles. Rude staggers forward, Huber swings him to the ropes and hits the Powerslam! Huber tags in Morales. Fernandez runs in and pushes Huber. Huber runs forward but the Ref guides him back. Rude eye rakes Morales as Fernandez swings off the ropes and nails him with a flying forearm smash. Rude picks up Morales and hits the Rude Awakening for the pin! 

Commercial Break 

Schiavone: Fans, before we see Austin Idol in action, we want to show you a special video package of the NWA World Champion, Nikita Koloff. 

A highlight video is shown of Nikita Koloff just destroying his opponents. It shows him taking down a variety of opponents with the Russian Sickle. It ends with Nikita holding up the NWA World Title. 

'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol vs. Clyde Putnam 

Idol looks more than ready for his shot at the NWA title as he looks in great shape tonight. Idol swings Putnam to the ropes and takes him down with a clothesline. Idol picks up Putnam and drops him with a Shin Breaker then quickly applies the Las Vegas Leglock. Idol puts on the pressure and it doesn't take Putnam long to submit. The fans cheer as Idol gives them a right bicep pose. 

Crockett: Austin Idol meets Nikita Koloff on July 2nd at the Great American Bash for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Fans you don't want to miss this historic night of wrestling action. I know I cannot wait to be a part of this fantastic event. Fans, as you know the United States Championship will be on the line inside the steel cage as the Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase defends the title against Hacksaw Jim Duggan. This has been a very intense and heated rivalry. We want to end the show with a video recap of this feud. Fans, I'll see you on July 2nd at the Great American Bash! 

A recap is shown of the Dibiase/Duggan feud. Highlights are shown of Dibiase's debut at Spring Spectacular as he paid for Stan Hansen's spot to win the US title. Various tag matches are shown with Duggan scoring pins. Other tag matches that end in chaos. It shows the 3 on 1 TV attack by Dibiase, Rude and Fernandez followed by Duggan's payback with his 2x4 the following week. The video ends with a picture of a steel cage.

The Great American Bash- July 2nd, Memorial Stadium, Charlotte NC 

Be There! 

You can definitely feel the tension between Rip Oliver and Paul Jones. And I got the feeling things will explode at the Bash.

As expected, great showing for the Awesome Twosome. And I don't know what's gonna happen with King Kong Bundy at the Bash but it'll be epic!

I like the focus on the Awesome Twosome.  I expected the Singh attack at this point, but St. Clair got his licks in too.  Oliver and Jones are not going to be together long, I can feel it.  Rock Riddle being insulted by Davey Baby talking to Tommy Rich is perfect.  Bundy at the Bash, what could go wrong?  Solid babyface show with a few exceptions.  The Awesome Twosome continue to gain momentum, should be fun to watch them in MACW.

MACW @ The Civic Center, Philadelphia PA 6-29-86

Rolling Thunder vs. Mike Sharpe and Chick Donovan

Sharpe and Donovan double team Morales in the corner. Donovan body slams Morales and tags in Sharpe, who drops an elbow from the 2nd turnbuckle, Sharpe covers but Morales kicks out. Sharpe tags in Donovan. Donovan swings Morales to the ropes but Morales reverses it and back drops Donovan then tags in Huber. Huber fires away on Donovan, swings him to the ropes and Powerslams him! Huber picks up Donovan and Airplane spins him then tags in Morales. Morales swings off the ropes and hits the Senton for the pin! 

Jimmy Golden vs. 'Cowboy' Scott Casey

Casey does a series of hip tosses on Golden then drop kicks him into the turnbuckles. Golden staggers forward to the middle of the ring, Casey clamps on a headlock and hits the Running Bulldog 1..2..Golden gets his foot on the ropes. Casey picks up Golden but gets an eye rake and body slam. Golden grabs the top rope and stomps away. Golden swings Casey to the ropes and hits him with a running knockout punch for the pin! 

Ken Timbs vs. Steve Pardee

Rock Riddle and Art Crews are booked in Lutte, so Timbs is going at it alone tonight. Pardee applies a headlock and takes Timbs over. Timbs gets up and pushes Pardee to the ropes but Pardee comes back with a shoulder block and goes back to the headlock. Timbs lifts Pardee up and hits a back suplex. Timbs kicks Pardee in the mid section and quickly executes a front facelock drop to get the pin! 

Special Attraction Match

Bruiser Brody vs. Akira Maeda

The fans in Phiily were all over this hard hitting match up as these two really went at it. Akira is relentless with his stiff kicks. He finishes off a series of kicks with a roundhouse and follows with a belly to belly suplex and cover but Brody kicks out. Akira continues his assault but is stopped by a Heart Punch from Brody. Brody regroups and then it's his turn. He picks up Akira and executes a Vertical suplex powerslam 1..2..Akira kicks out! Brody stomps away, picks up Akira, body slams him, swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop 1..2..Akira kicks out. Brody gets up on the 2nd turnbuckle and waits for Akira to stand. Akira staggers up and Brody attempts an overhead chop but Akira kicks him in the mid section on his way down. Akira regroups. Once again Akira works over Brody with several kicks. He starts kicking the leg then applies a single leg Boston Crab. Akira puts the pressure on! Brody finally grabs the ropes, forcing Akira to break. As Brody staggers up, Akira nails him with a palm strike, wraps around him and takes him over with a German Suplex 1..2..Kick Out. As Brody staggers up, Akira applies a headlock and starts punching the top of Brody's head. Brody lifts Akira up and hits an Atomic drop. Brody regroups and hammers away on Akira. Brody then ties Akira up in the ropes. The Ref is trying to set Akira loose. Brody swings off the ropes and nails Akira with a big boot to the head, just about knocking him unconscious. The Ref untangles the ropes and Akira just falls forward. Brody body slams him, then goes to the top rope and crashes down with a flying knee drop 1..2..3! The fans cheer as they just witnessed a battle.

Intermission

Winners get a NWA National Tag Team Title Shot on July 19th

Polynesian Power vs. The Southern Ramblers w/Paul Jones

The first 10 minutes is back and forth as both teams know what's at stake. The tide turns when Tui is stuck in the corner and the Ramblers really work him over. Rich picks up Tui and hits the Snake Eyes on the top turnbuckle then tags in Rose, who follows with a corner slingshot splash and cover 1..2..Tui gets a foot on the rope. Rose swings Tui to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Tui stops, grabs Rose by his head and slams him down. Tui tags in Sakalia, who swings off the ropes and drops an elbow then follows with three consecutive elbow drops. Rich runs in but Sakalia sends him flying back with a superkick. Sakalia swings Rose to the ropes and back drops him then tags in Tui. Tui body slams Rose, hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and drops a knee then covers but Rich breaks the count with a kick. Sakalia runs in and starts fighting with Rich. Tui and Rose end up fighting in the corner. The Ref is trying to break up Sakalia and Rich. Paul Jones gets up on the apron and nails Tui on the head with the cane! Tui falls back. Rose gets up on the 2nd turnbuckle and comes down with a flying fist drop. Jones screams at the Ref. The Ref runs over 1..2..3! The fans boo. Sakalia runs over to check on Tui as Rich and Rose roll out of the ring. The Southern Ramblers get their National Tag Team Title shot. 

Mark Youngblood vs. Blackjack Mulligan

These two had a heated TV match a couple weeks ago and continue right where they left off. The first part of the match is a slugfest. They exchange punches and end up fighting through the ropes and on the outside. Youngblood hits Mulligan with a series of chops and hurls him back in the ring. Youngblood gets up on the top turnbuckle and crashes down with a chop to Mulligan's head. Youngblood swings Mulligan to the ropes and hits a diving thrust shot and covers but Mulligan kicks out. As Youngblood reaches down, Mulligan nails him with a thumb to the eye. Youngblood backs up and holds his eye in pain. As the Ref checks on Youngblood, Mulligan reaches in his tights and puts a foreign object in his black glove. Youngblood staggers around and Mulligan nails him with a hard fist that knocks Youngblood out. Mulligan clamps on then claw! The Ref sees enough and signals for the bell. The fans boo as Mulligan raises his black gloved fist. 

Submission Match

Bob Backlund vs. 'Professor' Brad Rheingans

A lot of bad blood here and the fans in Philly are out of their seats cheering as Backlund goes to town on Brad. Backlund fires away on Brad. Brad takes a swing, misses and Backlund hits an Atomic Drop that sends Brad into the turnbuckles. Brad staggers back and Backlund suplexes him. The crowd roars as Backlund goes for the crossface chicken wing but a panicked Brad grabs the ropes. Backlund then works over Brad's arm and in a shocking move, applies the Kimura! The fans are cheering but once again, a panicked Brad is able to reach the ropes. Backlund grabs Brad by his boot and yanks him to the center of the ring. Backlund reaches down but Brad rakes the eyes. Brad has to take a moment to gain his wits. Brad picks up Backlund and is going to swing him into the turnbuckles but Backlund reverses it and as he's swinging Brad into the turnbuckles the Ref gets sandwiched in and he goes into the turnbuckles, followed by Brad. Brad falls back, then the Ref slowly sinks down. Backlund looks at Brad then goes to check on the Ref. Brad gets up and sends Backlund flying into the Ref with a high knee. Brad goes outside the ring. Brad grabs Backlund's hurt arm and pulls it out so it's laying against the steel post. Brad then grabs a chair. The fans are booing. Brad swings that chair and hits Backlund's arm as it slams against the steel post! The entire arena gasps. Brad goes back in the ring and helps the Ref up. Backlund is in agonizing pain. Brad reaches down and applies the Kimura! The Ref staggers over. Backlund has passed out. The Ref signals for the bell. The fans are booing as Brad celebrates like he just won an Olympic Gold Medal. 

6-Man- Tornado Match

Hot Property and Sweet Brown Sugar vs. The Assassins and Cobra w/The Assassin

What a way to cap off this night. As soon as the bell rings, the fists are flying. They're paired off in corners then Hot Property and Sweet Brown Sugar swing the Assassins and Cobra into each other, they collide and stagger back, then Hot Property and Sweet Brown Sugar triple drop kick them into each other! The Assassin is livid on the outside. Chaos ensues and The Cobra and Sugar end up fighting on the outside. Assassins gain advantage inside the ring. They double body slam Travis, then hit a double stomach breaker on Savoldi. Assassin 1 covers Savoldi but Sugar runs in and breaks the count. Cobra jumps off the top turnbuckle and hits Sugar with a double axehandle. Travis nails Assassin 2, swings him to the ropes and hits a sidewalk slam and covers but Assassin 1 breaks the count and stomps away on Travis. Cobra snap suplexes Sugar and covers but Savoldi breaks the count. Assassin 1 starts hammering on Savoldi. Assassin 2 joins in and they double suplex Savoldi. Out of nowhere Travis nails Assassin 2 with a forearm blast. Assassin 1 runs over but Travis drop kicks him. Cobra knee strikes Travis but Sugar executes a flying headscissors on Cobra. Sugar swings off the ropes but The Assassin trips him from the outside and Assassin 1 clotheslines him down. Savoldi comes up from behind and back suplexes Assassin 1. Assassin 2 nails Savoldi from behind. Travis grabs Assassin 2 and back suplexes him. Cobra grabs Travis and puts him down with a shoulder breaker. Sugar hits Cobra and suplexes him. More back and forth action ensues. Sugar hits a flying press on Cobra that sends both men over the top rope. Assassins and Hot Property are going at it. The Assassins swing Hot Property to the ropes but miss clotheslines, Hot Property swing back and each clotheslines the Assassins. On the outside, Sugar and Cobra get up and continue to fight. Sugar gets the upper hand. The Assassin tries to interfere but Sugar headbutts him, grabs his arm and swings him into the Cobra. Inside the ring, Hot Property grab Assassin 1 and hurl him over the top rope. They grab Assassin 2, swing him to the ropes and hit the Double Hot Shot 1..2..3!!! The crowd goes crazy! Sugar runs in the ring. Hot Property and Sweet Brown Sugar raise their fists high to the cheering crowd. 

Backlund vs Rheingans in a Submission Match is everything I would ask for right now. Most certainly a highlight of that card.

Huge statement win for the Southern Ramblers and a much deserved National Tag Title shot as well. Ricky & Robert better get ready!

And even in defeat, Mark Youngblood with a really good showing against Blackjack Mulligan. Gonna go a long way for him to boost his confidence in the future!

Great lead up to the Bash.

Love the push the Awesome Twosome is getting.  Wondering the outcome of the Oliver/Paul Jones angle.  It could go so many ways.  You have really developed Rock Riddle into a nice arrogant manager.  Pritchard/Wildfire is another feud with so many options.  This is one of the things that makes MACW a fun read.

Brody and Maeda was a great clash of styles.  Ramblers get their shot, but my guess is that Polynesian Power isn't done with them.  Submission match went about as perfect as it could have with Rheingans winning.  Loved the 6-man to end the show and send the fans home happy.