Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 07/16 - 07/22 FRANCE IS THE WORLD CHAMPION

KawadaSmile

Is there any reasonable logic for why Becky was so diminished after the Alexa feud? She's practically been a non-factor since that program wrapped.

It's great seeing her get some spotlight again. I'd love to see Becky placed in position to do something significant in the women's division again. Maybe she's the one to eventually dethrone Mella.

Imagine the back half of 2018 with Becky getting a chance to work women's HIAC or 30-minute Iron Man matches similar to what Charlotte has had in the past. I'd be all in for that.

I know everyone's fantasy booking Charlotte and Asuka to oppose Ronda, but Becky shouldn't be too far down that list either. Armbar versus armbar works well enough as a premise. And, to be honest, neither of those women look particularly stronger than Becky these days anyway.

My unsubstantiated theory has always been that the plan was to turn Charlotte heel  sometime (6-9 months) after she moved SmackDown and this would ultimately have led to Becky/Charlotte - but a number of things happened that put the kibosh in it: the fact that 2016/17 saw multiple "best friend break-up" angles that probably made them feel like it would be too "samey" to do pull the trigger on a Charlotte heel turn, the general fickleness of Creative , the success of Asuka in NXT leading to her being "pencilled in" to face Charlotte at Mania, and even the signing of Rousey (which, despite her being on RAW, seems to have made the booking of SmackDown's Women's Division also a bit screwy). I've just always been of the probably-false opinion that they see money in a Becky/Charlotte program, but keep pushing it off because other flashy, bright "toys" suddenly appear and take their attention away from it.