Pro Wrestling Only

Say what you will about WWE fans.....

sek69

Someone at TSM said the crowd was hot tonight because it was full of drunk gamblers who were comped....Anyway

Well, anyway yes it was suprising to hear the reaction. WWE has this weird dynamic where certain crowds are hot for the product and basically cheer or boo any pushed wrestler and then the next show no one gets a reaction. Cena seems to be the only wrestler to be guarenteed some kind of reaction. Throughout the summer HHH and Shawn were getting tremendous reactions in certain cities and barely any in others. I can only imagine what the average fan is thinking at home about the inconsistency.

Guest evolution93

long-time lurker first-time poster. While we are talking Raw, I thought it was a good show. It was one of those Raws that happens once in a while where they keep it in the ring and it worked. I'm glad the fans responded pretty well to Hass and Benjamin getting back together. More as it comes to me. Oh, yeah I like Umaga killing Jeff Hardy too, not ideal because it doesn't do much for a title that will be defended in a cage at NYR, but it was good for Umaga.

CHANEY: So what're we going to do about this Beale son of a bitch?

HACKETT: I suppose we'll have to kill him. I don't suppose you have any ideas on that, Diana?

DIANA: Well, what would you fellows say to an assassination?

-Paddy Chayefsky's Network

;)

John

MICHAEL: Where does it say that you can't kill a cop?

HAGEN: Come on, Mikey...

MICHAEL: Tom, wait a minute. I'm talking about a cop -- that's mixed up in drugs. I'm talking about ah - ah - a dishonest cop -- a crooked cop who got mixed up in the rackets and got what was coming to him. That's a terrific story. And we have newspaper people on the payroll, don't we, Tom? And they might like a story like that.

HAGEN: They might, they just might...

MICHAEL: It's not personal, Sonny. It's strictly business.

-Mario Puzo's The Godfather

;)

John

What's worse than Flair still showing up is that he can still deliver a promo better than 9/10 of the roster. He is also one of the few wrestlers that the crowd genuinely cares about. What does it say about McMahon's company when the only guy besides Cena who fans can respond to is a guy who should have retired for good in 1994. Seriously, the same situation happened with Nitro when Flair was in the highest rated segments, delivered the best promos and made the fans care more than any other talent on the roster.

What's worse than Flair still showing up is that he can still deliver a promo better than 9/10 of the roster.

That's almost as bad/sad as fiftysomething years old Finlay coming back and automatically becoming one of the top two or three workers in the company, and top 10 in the world.

I mean, this guy 10 years ago was nowhere close to top 10 in the world.

(By the way, this is not a Finlay diss and I think he fucking rules)