Pro Wrestling Only

RIP Jose Lothario

NintendoLogic

Very sad to hear.

and then we have the WWE statement on his passing which begins....

"Despite never winning a WWE-sanctioned championship or competing at WrestleMania, Jose Lothario – born Guadalupe Robledo on Dec. 12, 1934 – made a lasting mark on the WWE Universe by simply agreeing to train a cocky teenager from San Antonio, Texas. A cocky teenager that grew up to become WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels."

Wow.

I heard that cocky teenager grew up to achieve his boyhood dream?

i have heard good things about him but only know him as “Chawn’s” creepy uncle in 1996. Any matches worth checking out on the network? I have avoided the dark days of world class pre 83 but there must be some super sock gems.

36 minutes ago, Herodes said:

i have heard good things about him but only know him as “Chawn’s” creepy uncle in 1996. Any matches worth checking out on the network? I have avoided the dark days of world class pre 83 but there must be some super sock gems.

Check out Lothario vs Bugsy McGraw from ep 13 (3/20/82) of WCCW on the Network. Killer little match 

14 hours ago, Herodes said:

A lot of the higher end Houston NWA On Demand is being uploaded to YouTube by various folks as well since that service went kaput last year. I believe all the matches against Gino Hernandez are on YT somewhere now 

18 hours ago, Herodes said:

We have a Complete and Accurate Jose Lothario up at SC to start

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2015/12/complete-and-accurate-jose-lothario.html

11 hours ago, coyote said:

Curious why Dave omitted the reason Shawn and Jose had a falling out (disagreement over money with Shawn's wrestling school). Dave reported it several times in the past but left the obituary up to interpretation.

I don't remember him mentioning it when I reread a bunch of the Observers on the archive, what was the cause of the falling out?