Pro Wrestling Only

So, tonight's RAW

sek69

So you haven't seen him wrestle in three months but dismiss him even though much of the praise is that he's rapidly improving?

Well I've heard the Umaga match bandered around as an amazing match, but to be honest I didn't think it was anything that great.

I also find it hard to imagine that in three months he's gone from being average to being the best worker in the world.

He does kind of work a rapper gimmick. Maybe he thinks he is a race traitor?

Totally.

Fuck me, mate, is your life so pathetic that you have nothing better to do with your time then to track down wherever I post, pull out a joke that was old 6 months ago?

Change the record. Cunt.

I've not watched the match yet. My fiancee taped Raw for me, and I've not had a chance to sit down with it yet, most likely will tomorrow. For what it's worth, I agree with Anarchist on the Umaga match. I liked it and thought it was worked very smartly, but not in a "OMG MOTY" type way.

I thought the Rumble match wasn't that good at all except for that incredibly, incredibly dangerous spot where Cena tried to FU Umaga but hit his head when he fell down instead. I hope he doesn't try something like that again.

WWE ought to name Murdoch's finisher "The Waxahachie Destroyer"

RE: Cena/Michaels. I wouldn't call it a MOTYC or anything, but I enjoyed it for the most part. It's funny, I've been reviewing the NOAH 9/9/06 show, and I've found some parallels between Cena and Akira Taue. Neither of them is much of a move to move ring worker, but both are able to work around that by working smart. Cena did a nice job it in his Rumble match with Umaga, and he did it here as well.

Here is my review off of Segunda Caida

4. Shawn Micheals v. John Cena WWE 4/23

I was shocked at the greatness of the Wrestlemania match, which I figured would be a clusterfuck, and I also figured the ubiquitous "Michaels gets his pin back on TV" match would be even worse. Instead the Wrestlemania match was great, and the TV rematch was even better. Shawn was the real surprise here. The opening chain wrestling section was embarrassing, and I don't know how a guy who has been wrestling for 20+ years can't execute a fireman's carry, and there was a section where they were going toe to toe with strikes which is a terrible idea made worse with Shawn's awful knife edge chops. However outside of those two things he was basically inoffensive. After all of the back work and bumps near the end of the match, I kept waiting for the heat killing Resurrection (you think the Romans could have drawn money after Calvary?) and his long offensive run. It never really happened, instead of dominating, you got the sense the match ending superkick was a last gasp effort, he is guy who has the equalizer in his feet and is never out of a match. It almost felt like Diego Corrales's big comeback in the first Castillo fight, a guy who looks dead landing that one big flurry. I also really loved his crawl for the ropes in the STFU, one of the first times his desperation selling didn't come off as cartoonish.

Okay enough of that shit, because this match was still 1000% John Cena. Starting with his awesome reversal of a go behind, his crazy Dustin bump to the floor, selling the hell out of the arm, talking shit to the ref, ropes course crawling after the first chin music and right up to his KO selling for a 1/8 Chris Adams superkick, he owned it here. The catching the plancha spot is pretty standard, but Cena made it look like he was Charles Atlas. He also really came off like the top guy, like he was the man that needed to be dethroned, while Michaels was the underdog trying to dig deep for one more unlikely win. It was subtlety heelish, but if they keep it subtle it will continue work. I they need to finish with Micheals and put him in a feud with Mark Henry or Orton, someone he can really be a total face against again, but I like how he can play both roles so well.

review i wrote of it for another forum:

Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena, 4/23

Holy shit I need to rewatch Cena/Umaga, but this very well may be my match of the year so far. I think a week before this Michaels cut a pretty awesome promo about how he was tired of losing even though he knew he was the better man, and the pre-match confrontation solidified what it meant. Cena asks Michaels how he can say he's the better man if he dosn't have the title, and basically says he sees through Michaels' act. Michaels may be the Showstopper, but John Cena is the Champ, and it sets up the match perfectly. The beginning is great, Cena outwrestles Michaels and the roles from Wrestlemania are reversed, Cena is great with the confident facials and Michaels is gold here with his, showing exactly where his character is - John Cena beat him at Wrestlemania and the smokescreen of being The Showstopper is gone, Michaels lost his mental edge and now the match up is what it actually is: a balding, skinny, slightly akward looking guy 10 years past his prime against someone younger, stronger, and seemingly better. The opening conveys this really well. The actions itself is great, way better than their WM match. The match has lots of sections, and always uses its very ample time wisely. The section where Cena works over Michaels' back was pretty great and Shawn's bump over the top rope was AWESOME. There were tons of great nearfalls and false finishes, as this started at the top of the hour and no one expected it to go this long. Sweet Chin Music was put over great as a move that could be hit from anywhere, which worked perfectly with Shawn's role. He's the veteran underdog struggling to hold on, frusterated that he might not be as good as he used to be and still thought he was until up against the new Man, but he always has one last ditch move that can be hit anywhere at any time. The finisher sequences were awesome and Cena's teasing of the STFU and Michaels' selling of it was great.

Michaels crawling to the ropes in the STFU was one of the best crawling to the ropes submission spots I've ever seen, with Cena on top of Michaels the visusal was great just to see how much effort it takes and the desperation. The finisher teases were really believable, and with how the timing of the match on the card and how over the finishers were, the FU and SCM near falls were great. The end was awesome, perfectly fitting for how they put over the SCM and I loved how Michaels just fell on Cena. Can't wait for Michaels/Cena III, as the most interesting thing about this series has been how the character evolve through the matches and I can't wait to see how it's handled next.

i am intimidated posting a reivew here!!! :-X