Pro Wrestling Only

AWA ALL-STAR WRESTLING

kevinmcfl

Still not buying Doc and Bull on the same page!

Poor Bobby Heenan. 

Interested to see if Curt is leaving, or if this is a turn.

I was very skeptical of doing the Slaughter turn in '84, but you are making it work!

Russians vs Bad News and Hansen in a Loser Leaves Town match!!! Shit just got real!!

Stu screws The Bulldogs. Old Man Hart is becoming a problem.

Flair and Dibiase for 45, yeah, I'd watch that!!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot's of drama and intrigue going on in Stampede.

I like the idea of Bassarab and MX-1 fighting for a push.

Are things ok with Williams and Manny? It seems so but you just never know LOL. I'm sure we'll find out when Slaughter faces Williams. 

WOW! Hennig no shows, leaving Heenan at the mercy of the Road Warriors. An angry Heenan fires Hennig but offers up his contract. Who will go with the Brain? 

The Bad News/Hansen-Russians feud will come to an end in a loser leaves town cage match! This really is the only way to resolve this.

Talk about controversy! Stu throws in the towel and the Bulldogs are irate. Hart Foundation know something's up and offers a rematch. Man I cant wait to see how this turns out.

Dibiase and Flair go the time limit in a classic. No doubt about it, a rematch must happen. 

Things are getting crazy in Stampede!

I have to say I was skeptical of the Slaughter heel turn in '84 as well but it's coming off well and working.

Heenan almost comes off sympathetic here...almost. It will be interesting to see how things turn out with Hennig...though I have a theory of where he might turn up.....

If the term "DTA" was a thing in 1984, that Loser Leaves Town cage match would be the definition of it! Can't wait to see how it plays out!

"Davey screwed Davey" Stu pulls off the Stampede Screwjob...but is it legit? We'll see.

Flair vs. Dibiase turns out to be the clinic we all hoped for!

I have to say I was skeptical of the Slaughter heel turn in '84 as well but it's coming off well and working.

I agree that it was a strange move but I figured, and I am unsure if it was true, that Slaughter as the Patriotic American would not necessarily win him over to the Calgary fans so he could still be the heel.  We had that idea of the heel Canadians coming to the US in the 80's so I took a chance of the Heel American going to Canada.  I am having a lot of trouble finding out too much about what really went on in Calgary so I am just making up things as I go a long.

bPcgGLA.jpg?1

September 7

A montage of wrestling and rodeo falls set to music introduces the show.

Broadcasting to our local affiliates in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and the Dakatos, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents Rocky Mountain Wrestling, coming to you from the KCNS studios in Denver. 

From peak to peak and valley to valley we welcome you Rocky Mountain Pro Wrestling.    I am Cowboy Bob Tallman and we are coming to you tonight from the KCNS studios in Denver.   With me tonight is the President of Rocky Mountain Wrestling, the Lawman, Don Slatton.  Don, what a show they had last Monday in the Molby Arena in Fort Collins and tonight, we will be showing you some of the matches from that great event.

Jos Leduc vs Mike Von Erich

Von Erich has his moments, but this is not Fritz’s show so reality sets in and there is no way for him to handle the crazed Leduc who eventually forces Von Erich to submit in the Inverted Backbreaker

In the post-match interview, Leduc is completely off his rocker and just wants to know what his next assignment is from Ernie Ladd.

Ox Baker vs Superfly Tui

Tui’s aerial acrobatics are fun to watch but he is not big enough and that only lasts so long against Ox Baker.  Tui decided to come flying off the top rope to try and catch Baker with a Cross Body Block by got nailed with a Heart Punch.  Add Tui’s momentum to the Heart Punch and you understand why he needed medical attention.

In the post-match interview, you see why Ox is so scary but you can’t turn away.

COMMERCIAL

Promos for Monday’s show at the Salt Palace in Salt Lake City

Eric Embry vs Sonny King

Eric Embry got the win after evading a bolo punch and connecting with a Piledriver.  The interesting thing here was that Ladd sent down Jose Leduc and Grizzily Boone to take care of Embry who Ladd threw out of the Army last week.  Once they had roughed up Embry, they went over to fellow Army member Sonny King who was just getting to his feet and then beat him pretty good.

Ernie Ladd:  One thing for certain, Ernie Ladd is always around the money…. And when you lose… you don’t get no money.  Well that chump, Sonny King has lost too much lately and ain’t bringing in no money.  So like last week, when the Army beat Eric Embry out of the group, this week, we got rid of another loser and that’s too bad for Sonny cause after I beat that drunken injun, Wahoo McDaniel, to become the Rocky Mountain Champion, we are going to have a big party without Loser Sonny King.

Later in the show, Eric Embry and Sonny King haves recovered enough from their beating and they give a wild interview about how they are coming for Ladd and his Army.      

Ron Bass vs Super Samoan Sakalia

Bass survived a tough match with the Samoan by hitting the Ghordbuster but it took a bit of cheating as Bass had to resort to a low blow to gain control of the wild man had Bass staggering after a few kicks, chops and headbutts. 

Ron Bass on how he feels about his former teammate and Army mate, Eric Embry

“Ron Bass is a winner and why Eric Embry cost me the Rocky Mountain Tag belt.  I was fuming and Embry got what he deserved.  Ernie Ladd wants winners… Ron Bass is a winner…. Eric Embry is a loser.”

Promos for the Salt Palace  

Hillbilly Jim vs Grizzly Boone

The Army continues to roll tonight and much of it has to do with Jos Leduc who again interfered and  helped Boone hit the Giant Splash!

Chris Adams vs Chief Jay Strongbow

And the beat goes on for Ernie Ladd’s group tonight as Adams hits the Superkick for the win but it left Adams wanting more as his interview focused on hurting Mike Von Erich the next chance he gets.

Promos for the Salt Palace

AWA WORLD TAG TITLE: 

The Movement (Tiger Conway Jr. & Shaska Whatley) vs Tony Atlas & Sweet Brown Sugar

Before the match, Tiger Conway asks for the house microphone as Shaska Whatley is holding a briefcase.

Tiger Conway Jr.:  Before our match, I just wanted to tell you two how much the Movement respects you.  I mean what more can we say… just look at you two.  Tony… you are chiseled from stone… the perfect specimen and Sweet Brown Sugar… wow… we have been watching you for some time.  Such a great athlete.  Instead of our match tonight, how about you two, take a look at what’s in this briefcase.

Shaska opens it and we see it is full of money.

Tiger Conway Jr.:  That’s right… we are offering you two, $10,000 to forget this match and come join the Movement.  You two brothas would be great additions and would help the Movement control all of wrestling. 

Tony Atlas:  I think you two suckas are just afraid of losing those AWA tag belts.  I mean Tony Atlas and Sweet Brown Sugar have been a round a long time and you two ain’t never asked us to come join you until the night we about to take those titles.  No Deal…. Ring the bell.

As Atlas and Sugar turn to their corners, Whatley closes the briefcase but uses it as a weapon.  Since the ref had not called for the bell, it was allowed and away we went with a wild brawl.  Eventually, Atlas and Sugar take over and we see Atlas using the Press Slam on Whatley.

WHAM….  Jos Leduc rushed the ring and hits Atlas with a chair causing the ref to call for the bell and gave Atlas and Sugar the win by DQ but the Movement retain their World titles.  Just after the ref hands the belts to Tiger Jr. and Shaska, Shaska hands the briefcase full of money to Jos Leduc and it becomes obvious that the Movement had a Plan B if Atlas and Sugar didn’t take the briefcase.

Jos Leduc, who is doing some serious work for Ernie Ladd, is quickly becoming the most hated man in Rocky Mountain Wrestling as he salutes Tiger and Shaska and they salute him back.

COMMERCIAL

Promos for Monday’s show at the Salt Palace  

LOSER-LEAVE TOWN:  ROCKY MOUNTAIN TITLE:  Wahoo McDaniel vs Ernie Ladd

If this match was not big enough, the success of Ladd’s Army tonight really has the crowd on the edge of their seats.  We get a good 20-25 minute brawl, then we hear the crowd boo as Jos Leduc is making his way to the ring again but then we see Embry and Sonny King attack him from behind.  Inside the ring, Wahoo is on the Warpath and is chopping Ladd around the ring.

ZAP…. The lights go out.

As the lights start to come to, remember it is 1984 and arena lights would take some time to come back on… we see Wahoo McDaniel flat on his back and the Movement, Tiger and Shaska, are on the outside of the ring.

The ref is guessing some funny business went on, but he has no other choice but to make the three count as Ladd covers Wahoo for the win.

The fans are fuming as the know Ladd and the Movement were in cahoots here as the ref hands the Rocky Mountain title to Ladd and Shaska and Tiger celebrate with the new champ. 

A saddened Wahoo walks out of Rocky Mountain Wrestling unemployed. 

COMMERCIAL

Promos for Monday’s show at the Salt Palace

AWA WORLD TITLE MATCH:  Ted Dibiase vs Blackjack Mulligan

It is hard for the fans to get refocused for this match, but it is their beloved Blackjack going for the World title so within a few minutes the energy is back in the building.  Mulligan seems on the verge of winning the title on many occasions but in the end, nobody seems to be able to stop the heels tonight as Dibiase catches Mulligan with a big right hand from a loaded black glove as he retains the World Title.

ROCKY MOUNTAIN PRO WRESTLING

SEPTEMBER 10, 1984

SALT PALACE

SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH

Kendall Windham vs Luke Aduda

Ox Baker vs Jay Strongbow

Johnny Rich vs Taras Bulba

Chris Adams vs Superfly Tui

Ron Bass vs Mike Von Erich

Jos Leduc & Grizzily Boone vs Eric Embry & Sonny King

ROCKY MOUNTAIN TAG TITLE:  Tony Atlas & Sweet Brown Sugar vs The Mountain Men (Rex & Link)

ROCKY MOUNTAIN TITLE:  Ernie Ladd vs Super Samoan Sakalia

Leduc was everywhere tonight and seems to be Ladd's number one hit man. 

Common enemies unite Embry and King as they look for revenge on Ladd's Army.

The Movement try to buy their way out of a match but Atlas and SBS say NO WAY! The Movement working with Ladd's Army is a very dangerous alliance and will cause trouble in the AWA.

Mulligan fights hard but AWA champ Dibiase finds a way to win. 

Big news of the night. Wahoo is out of Rocky Mountain! Ladd gets tremendous heat. I'm sure the fans wanted to riot. 

Ladd's Army is one of the hottest factions going in the AWA. Cant wait to see what's next. 

Ladds Army owns Rocky Mtn between the matches and attacks throughout the show as well as Ladd taking the title and sending Wahoo packing...who can stop them?? I'm a huge Embry fan but he and Sonny King are quite the odd couple....certainly not Mike Von Erich.....it will be interesting to see who surfaces here in Rocky Mtn Pro!

Man, there was no going home happy for the fans that night!!

Ladd runs the show here in the Rocky Mountains!

Loving The Movement ending up working with Ladd when Atlas and Sugar turn them down.

Dibiase cheating to get past Mulligan keeps Blackjack strong and should set up a nice rematch down the line.

Zwho6Q4.jpg?1

September 8, 1984

Music intro with a montage of all the stars of Stampede Wrestling past and present is shown.

Broadcasting to our local affiliates in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents Stampede Wrestling, coming to you from the CHCT Studios in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. 

Ed Whalen:  Hi everybody and away we go with another edition of Stampede Wrestling.  I am Ed Whalen coming to you from the CHCT Studies in downtown Calgary. Today we will be showing some matches from last Monday in the Corral right here in Calgary and I promise you another ring-a ding-dong- dandy of a show so let’s not waste any time and get you right to the action.   

Johnny Rich vs MX-1

It appears that Rich is getting a bit of a tryout here to see how the fans react to him and he does quite well.  He does some bumping and selling for MX-1 and then goes on the attack like a house afire and gets the win with the 2nd Rope Elbow Drop.  MX-1 saves face by attacking after the match is over and roughs up Rich just enough to get him some sympathy.  Ben Bassarab, who has been feuding with MX-1 of late, rushes the ring to protect the newcomer and MX-1 heads for higher ground and we see Rich and Bassarab shake hands. 

Ric McCord vs Gypsy Joe

A contrast in styles here as McCord likes the technical stuff while newcomer, Gypsy Joe is a brawler.  The problem for Joe is that he can’t seem to help himself and cracks McCord with a chair giving the DQ win to McCord.

Promos for Sunday’s show at the Sales Pavilion in Edmonton

Ben Bassarab vs Mr. Pogo with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie

Bassarab has been doing well of late but tonight he is stepping up in competition.  He starts quickly as we get about 8 minutes of a 50/50 match.  The Sheik, seeing that Mr. Pogo is having difficulty, jumps up on the apron to distract the ref and Mr. Pogo tries to thrusts his fingers into the throat of Bassarab but Bassarab was quicker and caught him in a roll up for the win. 

Tito Santana vs Gamma Singh with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie

Tito is thrown right into the fire in his first match in Stampede as he has to deal with Gamma Singh and his bag of dirty tricks.  Santana seems one step ahead of Singh at each turn and eventually gets the win with the Flying Elbow Smash.

POST MATCH INTERVIEWS:

Tito Santana:  Just wanted to say how great it is to be in Stampede Wrestling as it is home to so many of the greatest wrestlers in the sport but make no mistake about it… I consider myself to be right up there with the Ric Flair’s and Sgt. Slaughters of the world and I am not going to stand for people like Sheik Adnan Al Kassie or Gamma Singh breaking rules and bringing our match to the gutter.  If they want to fight like that, I got no problem.  I am one fiery Mexican and if you want a brawl, then I will brawl.  Ariba! 

Promos for Sunday’s show the Sales Pavilion

Paul Orndorff with Bobby Heenan vs Road Warrior Hawk

It is unusual to see the Road Warriors in singles competition, but we get a good one between these two mega stars except for the fact that Hawk seemed unwilling to do much selling in this one which upset Orndorff and the action is pretty stiff.  The two tumble out of the ring and brawl on the floor as we get a double count-out. 

STAMPEDE TITLE MATCH:  Sgt. Slaughter with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs Dr. Death Steve Williams

The match started a bit slow and stiff but picked up when Dr. Death hit the football tackle and looked to be on the verge of victory.  The Sheik, who was tired of losing tonight, jumped up on the apron and distracted the ref again.  Williams, who had Sarge down for more than the three count if the ref was there to count, became frustrated and went to get the ref back on task but this gave Slaughter enough time to recoup.  Sarge kicked out of the late count and makes a comeback as he caught Dr. Death with a Cannon Lariat, followed up with the Cobra Clutch for the submission win.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:

Sgt. Slaughter:  I told all you maggots out there in TV land that Dr. Death was no match for me and tonight I proved it.

When Jim Davies reminded Slaughter and the Sheik about how the Sheik distracted the ref after the football tackle by Williams, Sheik started screaming some Arabic gibberish as the two stormed off.

STAMPEDE TAG TEAM TITLE:  The British Bulldogs vs Bret Hart & Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart

Another classic between four of the top stars in Stampede but what was interesting was that Canada’s Greatest Athlete, Gene Kiniski, was at ringside with Stu Hart.

As for the match, it went to a 30-minute time limit draw with all four men shaking hands at the end and all seems peaceful between these four.  With about two minutes to go, we saw Davey Boy catch Neidhart with a powerslam and it looked like Stu was trying to get the time keeper to ring the bell for an early end to the match before Smith could pin Neidhart.  Stu and the time keeper had some words, but in the end, it had no effect on this awesome contest.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW

Jim Davies wants to know what Gene Kiniski is doing in Stampede Wrestling…

Gene Kiniski:  Well Jim, to tell you the truth there have been some complaints sent in to Verne Gagne  and the AWA Board of Directors about the goings on up here in Calgary that included the time when the Bulldogs tossed in the towel costing Bret Hart the North American title to the time Stu helping the Hart Foundation win the tag titles over the Bulldogs by once again throwing in the towel.  The AWA has sent me here with the title of being the Senior Official.  That means that at times, I will be in the ring as the referee and other times, I will be outside the ring making sure everything is on the up and up.  That is what I was doing tonight when there seemed to be a little problem between the time keeper and Stu but I got that all straightened out.  

Jim Davies:  Well Gene, thanks for the information and we all excited to be having a Canadian sports legend around at the various venues in Stampede Wrestling.

Ed Whalen is with the Hart Foundation where they not only hype up their win tonight and their positive relationship with the Bulldogs but focus on their upcoming AWA World Tag Team Title Match for Sunday in Edmonton.

AWA NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH:  Ric Flair with Bobby Heenan vs Road Warrior Animal

Flair gets the win with the Figure Four as Animals legs were hobble earlier in the match after Heenan pushed him off the top rope causing him to land awkwardly.    

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:

Jim Davies:  So Ric, tonight in Edmonton, you get another shot at Ted Dibiase and the AWA World Title.

Ric Flair:  The Nature Boy is back where he should be… wearing a gold belt.  I had been told all week that Animal couldn’t be stopped.  He was just to powerful… to tough… Well, I left that powerful, tough guy basically crying in pain!  So you ask what is the problem?  Well let me tell you… the problem is that I am wearing the wrong gold belt!  I should be the AWA WORLD CHAMPION. 

Bobby Heenan:  That’s right… last time Ted Dibiase escaped with his belt by….

Ric Flair:  Hold on a minute Bobby, I am not done. I joined your Family because you promised me that together we could rule the AWA,  but in my most important match, you were not by myside. You had been hurt by the Road Warriors as you joined Paul Orndorff in a tag match.  I just want to make sure we both still have the same goal which is putting the World title around my waist.

Bobby Heenan:  Ric baby… you know Stu Hart demanded I put on the wresting tights and join Paul against those two savages.  Trust me… I would have much rather been in your corner against Dibiase then in the ring facing the Road Warriors.  To answer your question…. Of course, the biggest goal for me right now is getting you that AWA World Title and we will achieve that goal Sunday in Edmonton!    

Bobby and Flair give a hug and then continue to talk while walking off set as Jim Davies wonders if there might be some dissention in the Family.

Promos for Monday’s show the Sales Pavilion

LOSER-LEAVE TOWN STEEL CAGE:  Bad News Allen & Stan Hansen vs Nikita Koloff & Nicolai Volkoff

The best way to explain this one…. A WAR! 

As for the end... the impossible happened as Bad News Allen caught Nikita Koloff with a Superplex for the win.  The crowd is in shock as the Russian Nightmare… the man who was invincible just a few weeks ago,  is out of Stampede Wrestling!  The look of shock on Koloff’s face is priceless as Allen has gone from the biggest heel in Calgary history to their hero in under a year.

Post-Match Interview:

Bad News Allen:  I told everyone around… don’t mess with Bad News and that is exactly what these Russians did.  Once again… I am standing tall while the other guy is just out of a job.  First it was the Mongolian Stomper… who you fans loved and tonight it was Nikita Koloff who you fans hated.  What’s that say for about Bad News…. He does whatever he thinks is right and doesn’t care what others think and I am just glad that I found someone just like me in Stan “the Man” Hansen. 

Stan Hansen:  That’s right partner … nobody is safe as long as Bad News and “the Bad Man from Borger, Texas are together.  We don’t care if it is the Hart Foundation and the tag titles or Ric Flair and the North American title… we are here to rule Stampede and there ain’t a darn thing anyone can do about it!

Stu Hart comes out and refuses to talk about Gene Kiniski and his knew role in Stampede Wrestling and he ends the show by giving the rundown of the entire card in the Sales Pavilion on Monday Night.

THE SALES PAVILLION:  SEPTEMBER 8, 1984

EDMONTON

Ben Bassarab vs MX-1

Paul Orndorff vs Ric McCord

STAMPEDE TITLE MATCH:  Sgt. Slaughter with Sheik Adnan vs Tito Santana

ELIMINATION MATCH:  WINNER GETS A STAMPEDE TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:

Road Warriors vs Dr. Death & Many Fernandez vs The British Bulldogs vs Stan Hansen & Bad News Allen

AWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

The Movement (Shaska Whatley & Tiger Conway Jr. vs Brett Hart & Jim Neidhart

AWA NORTH WORLD TITLE MATCH:  Ted Dibiase vs Ric Flair with Bobby Heenan

Ed Whalen:  Folks, make sure to get your tickets to the Pavilion now as it is going to be a wild one in Edmonton.  So, in the meantime and in the in-between time… that’s it, another edition of Stampede Wrestling. 

Johnny Rich shows up and gets a strong win over MX-1 but MX-1 isn't done with Rich yet. 

Love lower card feuds and Gypsy and McCord is a perfect example. 

Bassarab moves up a notch with that win over Pogo.

Tito arrives and makes a splash! He beats Gama then delivers a fired up promo. Tito could be a huge star here.

Orndorff and Hawk have an interesting match that gets heated.

Slaughter gets a HUGE win over Dr. Death! Slaughter is already a top heel in the AWA but this really elevates Slaughter to another level. 

Hart Foundation deliver yet another classic! Things seem ok with both teams but Stu keeps stirring the pot. Gene Kiniski arrives to set things straight! 

Flair gets a big submission win over Animal and looks more than ready for Dibiase. LOL, like Flair calling out Heenan. They hug and things are well...for now.

What an ending! Nikita is gone! Nikita had a tremendous run in Stampede and we'll see where he turns up next. 

Bad News and Hansen could very well rule Stampede! 

Wow....Nikita is the last one I expected to lose and leave town here! I would have been in absolute shock there in the arena watching this...well done!  I'm curious to see where Nikita turns up next.

I think Tito is a great fit here and has a lot of potential in Stampede! I hope he does end up lost in the shuffle with so many big stars here already.

Wow Slaughter beats Doc....which really put hims over the top as the mega heel of Stampede! Can't wait to see what's next for him!

Agreed with Spaldoni about enjoying under card feuds.... It gives everyone more meaning when they're involved in something other than just jobbing or having a good opening match every week/month. The ONLY thing I liked about the Attitude Era was that everyone almost seemingly had a storyline or a position on the weekly programming. Nobody felt like they were just "there" to take up time on the show like they have for the past few years especially.

My rule for myself is, if I have someone on my roster, and they're not designated to be specific for enhancement spot only, then either I need to come up with something for them within a couple of months or give them to somebody who can. Anyone hoarding names just so their roster looks cool but have no intention on using the talent properly is doing a disservice to their league and their fellow writers. I like that you want to take those guys like a McCord and give them something to do from time to time. Getting the most out of your entire roster. Good job with that. 

Slaughter proves to be the real deal for Stampede.

Sad to see Nikita go, but curious what's next for the Russian Nightmare.

I've never heard Heenan call a wrestler baby before... It was funny when he said "Ric baby". lol...

Great match with tbe Bulldogs and the Harts... Interesting promo by Kiniski that followed...

So you have Flair vs. Dibiase but that wasn't enough.... and then this....ELIMINATION MATCH:  WINNER GETS A STAMPEDE TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH Road Warriors vs Dr. Death & Many Fernandez vs The British Bulldogs vs Stan Hansen & Bad News Allen....

Somebody may very well be maimed in that tag match....

Huge card...

bPcgGLA.jpg?1

September 14

Broadcasting to our local affiliates in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and North and South Dakota, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents Rocky Mountain Wrestling, coming to you from the KCNS studios in Denver. 

From peak to peak and valley to valley we welcome you Rocky Mountain Pro Wrestling.    I am Cowboy Bob Tallman and we are coming to you tonight from the KCNS studios in Denver.   With me tonight is the President of Rocky Mountain Wrestling, the Lawman, Don Slatton.  Don, what a show they had last Monday at the Salt Palace in Salt Lake City and tonight, we will be showing you some of the matches from that great event.

Kendall Windham vs Luke Aduda

This match had some added juice as Blackjack Mulligan accompanied Windham to the ring and introduced Kendall as his 16 year old son.  The crowd was in awe that he was able to hold his own in the squared circle even though he was barely of driving age.  When he connected with the Running Bulldog and got the win, the crowd really gave him a nice ovation.  In the post-match interviews both father and son expressed how proud they were of each other!

Ox Baker vs Verlon Biggs

Baker continues his roll of late with a win over Biggs with the Heart Punch and once again, he complains of his lack of competition on his post-match interview

Promos for Monday’s show at the Albuquerque Auditorium  

Johnny Rich vs Taras Bulba

Rich seems to be continuing his auditions for both Stampede and Rocky Mountain Wrestling as he is looking for a full-time contract.  Rich tries to make this a technical match with a bunch of headlocks and armbars but Bulba will have nothing to do with it and brings the match to the gutter.  We eventually end in a Double Count-Out but the fans really seemed to like Johnny Rich and the fight he is bringing to the ring. 

Chris Adams vs Superfly Tui

Tui’s energy, as he enters the ring, helps him get over with the fans but “Gentleman” Chris Adams proved to be just too much for the small Samoan as he put his lights out with the Superkick. 

After the post-match interview, Cowboy Bob just had to agree with Adams that the heels are running Rocky Mountain Wrestling and those wrestlers being backed by Rocky Mountain Wrestling fans just aren’t getting the job done. 

Promos for the Albuquerque Auditorium 

Ron Bass vs Mike Von Erich

VonErich had his moments, but Bass is just too nasty and too experienced and soon takes it to young Mickey with the end coming with the Ghordbuster.  When the match was over, Bass continues to work over VonErich after the match, the crowd erupted when Rufus “Freight Train” Jones rushed the ring.  While he was unfamiliar to many, they loved that he was brawling with Bass.  Eventually, Bass headed for the hills and Rufus checked on Mike VonErich.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:

Rufus Jones:  Blackjack called me the other day and said “Rufus, you got to come down here to Rocky Mountain Wrestling… things are out of control.  I just got in a few minutes ago and I see “Gentleman” Chris Adams attacking Mike VonErich.  You got to be kidding me.  I spent a lot of time in St. Louis and I know all of Mike’s brothers… Kerry…. Kevin… and God rest his soul…. David.  Each of them would tell me what a good guy Chris Adams was and how they were helping him get his start on the sport of Wrasslin… and then I see this.  Come On!  Blackjack is right and I couldn’t help myself.  If young VonErich needs some help… I am here for him… and after what I just saw… Chris Adams you aint no Gentleman and I am coming for you… Maybe good ol’ Freight Train can teach you some manners!

Jos Leduc & Grizzily Boone vs Eric Embry & Sonny King

Again, while Embry and King gave it their all, they were undersized and eventually Leduc and Boone were dirty enough to take over with the end coming on a Big Splash by the 440 pound Boone.  Again, the members of Ladd’s Army took some liberties after the match but again, another duo rushed out to the rescue.  This time it was none other than Manny Fernandez and Dr. Death Steve Williams who really took it to a surprised Boone and Leduc!  Manny Fernandez and Dr. Death are familiar to many fans in our viewing are who have access to CBC (Canadian Broadcast Corporation) and see these two tough hombres on Stampede Wrestling and they are real excited as they think the tide may be turning.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:                      

Dr. Death takes the lead here and explains that he has had his run-ins with Ernie Ladd down in Louisiana and when he heard what Ladd was doing here in Rocky Mountain he knew he had to come in a help Blackjack take care of business.  Fernandez is really excited and wants another piece of Leduc and Boone.

ROCKY MOUNTAIN TAG TITLE:  Tony Atlas & Sweet Brown Sugar vs The Mountain Men (Rex & Link)

Rex and Link barely know the rules to wrestling but they are two tough dudes who are excited to mix it up.  The problem was Sugar and Atlas where up for this type of match.  In the end, we were a little bonzo-gonza with all four in the ring when Atlas Pressed Slam Rex over the top rope while Sugar hit a missile dropkick on Link for the win.

ROCKY MOUNTAIN TITLE:  Ernie Ladd vs Super Samoan Sakalia

It was not so much the match that was interesting here, but it was the fact the Blackjack Mulligan, Rufus Jones, Dr. Death, and Manny Fernandez came down to ringside.  This unnerved Ladd a bit who seemed off his game even though he eventually hit the Big Boot for the win.

When the match was over, Mulligan grabbed the microphone:

“Enough is enough.  Ernie Ladd…. You think you can run roughshod over everyone in Rocky Mountain Wrestling…. Well guess what…. A couple of phone calls and I got my own army.  You can’t bully people like Mike VonErich, who is just getting started in this business, just because you have an Army.  You can’t send 4 goons after Eric Embry or Sonny King just because they didn’t make you enough money!  From now on… Mulligans Men will be everywhere your Army is and the Nonsense is going to STOP!

The show ends with Ernie Ladd slapping the ropes in frustration.

Oh man things are taking a turn in the Rocky Mountains! 

Liking Johnny Rich coming in with some fire. It's no wonder since he's coming in from Continental. 

Ron Bass beats young Mike but the big news is the Freight Train coming in! 

It doesn't end there as Dr. Death and Manny also arrive! Mulligan defiantly called in some heavy hitters to even things up.

Oh man Atlas and SBS take care of the Mountain Men. 

LOL, Ladd is beyond frustrated. 

IVL0ezX.gif

UrZaTnK.jpg

September 8, 1984

Music intro with a montage of all the stars of Stampede Wrestling past and present is shown.

Broadcasting to our local affiliates in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents Stampede Wrestling, coming to you from the CHCT Studios in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. 

Ed Whalen:  Hi everybody and away we go with another edition of Stampede Wrestling.  I am Ed Whalen coming to you from the CHCT Studies in downtown Calgary. Today we will be showing some matches from last Monday in the Sales Pavilion in Edmonton and I promise you another ring-a ding-dong- dandy of a show so let’s not waste any time and get you right to the action.   

Paul Orndorff with Bobby Heenan vs Ric McCord

McCord puts up a good fight but Orndorff gets the win with Piledriver.  Orndorff and Heenan seemed to be struggling to get on the same page and Orndorff walked out on the post-match interview and Heenan was left to answer questions which he simply didn’t have answers to.

Bobby Heenan:  Alright… Listen up all you humanoids ….  I am Paul Orndorff’s manager and he is part of the Heenan Family!  Nothing has changed…. Nor will it!

Tito Santana vs Ciclon Negro

Tito continues to look good as the newcomer to Stampede as he overcomes the tough Ciclon Negro.  Tito is more then willing to throw down with Negro and finishes him off with his Flying Burrito.

In the post-match interview, Jim Davies lets everyone know that if Tito continues to win, he will be in title contention very soon.  Tito seems excited and would love to get his hands on Sgt Slaughter for a chance at that Stampede Title!  Ariba!

WHAM…. Long-time Stampede heel, Butch Moffit has returned and is followed by Sheik Skandar Akbar and the two beat on Santana until they are run off by the British Bulldogs! 

Ed Whalen:  Once again…. More disgusting actions by the Sheik.  It seems like he has added the Outlaw Butch Moffit to his stable of goons and they have set their sights on making sure Tito Santana can’t get his hands on Sgt. Slaughter and the Stampede title.

Sheik Adnan Al Kassie joins Ed Whalen in the studio in  Calgary where he explains that the world famous Mr. Pogo has commitments that will take him all around the globe and will not be back for some time but not to fear as Butch Moffit is back and has joined the Sheiks army which will continue to rid Stampede of all the plagues that surround it like Tito Santana and the British Bulldogs!

Promos for Monday’s show at the Corral in Calgary

Ben Bassarab vs MX-1:  Winner Gets an AWA World Light Weight Title Match This Monday in Calgary

These two have been going at it for a few weeks and tonight the stakes are a bit higher.  Both can really wrestle and we get a nice beginning with a lot of chain wrestling.  With Bassarab one step ahead, MX-1 tries to take this match to the gutter with a low blow Ben recovers and eventually hits the flying crossbody block for the win.  At the post-match interviews, Bassarab is excited to get a shot at Brad Armstrong while MX-1 vows revenge and says that Bassarab was cheating as he grabbed the tights during the pin.

Promos for Monday’s show the Corral

STAMPEDE TITLE MATCH:  Sgt. Slaughter with Sheik Adnan vs Jim Neidhart

Slaughter is a site to behold as he is waving the flag of Jordan as he coms to the ring and the fans are irate.  Neidhart rushes to the ring and attacks before the bell.  He is able to surprise Slaughter and then takes the Jordanian flag and throws it on the ground!  The Sheik is fuming and picks it up and starts to beat Neidhart with the flag pole.  Gamma Singh and Butch Moffit hit the ring and it is a 4-1 attack of the beloved Canadian who is a bloody mess.  The crowd erupted as Tito Santana and the Bulldogs hit the ring and we get a wild brawl that eventually sees the fan favorites in control even though they were at 4-3 disadvantage. 

Sheik and his men are doing a great job of bringing in the heat while Tito’s popularity continues to grow mainly because of Tito’s recent actions of fighting the hated Sheik and his men at every turn.  Even though we never got a title match tonight, the crowd was really amped up.

Promos for Monday’s show in the Corral

WINNER GETS AN AWA TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH ON MONDAY

The British Bulldogs vs Stan Hansen & Bad News Allen

This was to be a 4 team elimination match but the rumor is, the Road Warriors, frustrated that they have not received a return match for the AWA tag titles with the Movement have headed to Worldwide Wrestling in hopes that the bigger venues will get them more attention.  Also, Dr. Death and Manny Fernandez have headed south to Rocky Mountain Wrestling in an attempt to help build the upstart company.  Rumor has it, that the ultimate goal would be to have Stampede and Rocky Mountain Wrestling combine in some fashion, but Stu Hart wants to make sure of one thing…. That this will make money.

So many of the fans are upset that their dream match has been taken away but they still got a real treat.  The Bulldogs didn’t have to sell much here as Hansen and Allen seemed to be causing some actual damage to Davey Boy and Dynamite Kid.  The Bulldogs fought a great fight, but in the end, Hansen hit the lariat on Davey Boy for the win.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:

Hansen and Allen don’t mix any words as they don’t care who the run over.  They had nothing personal against the Bulldogs but that didn’t mean they were going to take it easy.  Both are confident they can beat the Movement for the AWA World titles and it seems like interviewer Jim Davies thinks so to. 

Promos for Monday’s show in the Corral

AWA NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH:  WINNER GETS AWA WORLD TITLE SHOT ON MONDAY

Ric Flair with Bobby Heenan vs Bret Hart

No need to discuss anything but the finish here as with these two, you already know it is going to be a classic.  With the ref down after Flair shoved Bret Hart into him, Bobby Heenan signals to the back and we see Paul Orndorff strutting to the ring.  Orndorff grabs a chair and jumps up on the apron as Flair hooks Hart from behind.  Ed Whalen is screaming about how disgusting the Heenan Family is and how they will do anything to win.  How is Brett going to deal with this situation?

Orndorff looks at Flair who is screaming at him to hit Hart with the chair!  Heenan is screaming at Mr. Wonderful to break his neck.  Interesting comments from a man still in a neck brace from being beaten by the Road Warriors a few weeks back!

Orndorff winds up and swings the chair….

WHAM!

Ed Whalen:  Oh my God!

Orndorff leaps off the apron and absolutely crushes Bobby Heenan with the chair and he crumbles to the ground.  Flair looks on in shock as Orndorff hits the ring with the chair in tow!

WHAM!  Orndorff nails Flair with the chair….

Bret Hart looks on in confusion but is not one to look a gift horse in the mouth so he covers Flair.

Orndorff goes and helps the ref who then makes the three count!

Ed Whalen can’t believe what he just saw as Bret Hart is once again the North American Champion!

As the crowd explodes, they see, Stampede Wrestling’s Senior Official, Gene Kiniski, coming to the ring with the title that Ed Whalen says will be presented to Bret Hart.

Gene Kiniski:  What a match!  What a North American Title Match.  Both Bret and Ric gave it their all…. And as much as it pains me… I am the Senior Official of Stampede Wrestling…. And I …. Uhhh.  Can’t let the title change hands after what we just say.  Due to the interference by Paul Orndorff on Ric Flair…. I reverse the decision and award the victory to Ric Flair.

The crowd is fuming and so is Bret but Flair has that arrogant smirk on his face.

POST MATCH INTERVIEW:

Jim Davies is with Paul Orndorff and demands to know what the hell he just saw!

Paul Orndorff:  I am Mr. Wonderful….I am a star in this sport… Last week you all heard my so-called manager…. Bobby Heenan…. Say that his number one priority was to help Ric Flair get the AWA title.  When I signed on with Heean and his Family, he promised me that I was his main focus…. Well actions speak louder than words!  Heenan, if I did not break your neck tonight…. Don’t worry… I will soon.  As for Ric “Nature Boy” Flair… I am going to show you why Heenan was wrong…. Cause when I beat you to within an inch of your life…. He will realize he backed the wrong horse. 

Back in studio, Stu Hart doesn’t want to talk about Gene Kiniski and how he reversed the ref’s decision to give his son the North American title and simply announces Monday’s night card in the Corral.

THE CORRAL:  CALGARY: SEPTEMBER 15, 1984

Ric McCord vs Gypsy Joe

Ron Ritchie & Johnny Rich vs MX-1 & The Assassin

AWA WORLD LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH          

Brad Armstrong vs Ben Bassarab

6 MAN TAG TEAM MATCH:  STREET FIGHT RULES

Sgt. Slaughter, Gamma Singh & Butch Moffit with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie

Vs

Tito Santana, Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart

AWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: 

Bad News Allen & Stan Hansen vs The Movement

AWA WORLD TITLE MATCH:

Ted Dibiase vs Ric Flair with Bobby Heenan

Ed Whalen:  Folks, make sure to get your tickets to the Corral now as it is going to be one hot ticket with all three world titles on the line this Monday in Calgary.  So, in the meantime and in the in-between time… that’s it, another edition of Stampede Wrestling. 

Kendall gets the nice intro from his Daddy, but that may cost him an ass beating sooner than later.

Johnny Rich getting over nicely, and Rocky Mountain desperately needs some babyfaces, so that is good!

Chris Adams picks up another nice win, and Ron Bass looks to keep it rolling against Von Erich, but Rufus Jones makes the surprise appearance and saves the day!! Things starting to look a little brighter here!!

Oh Man! Now Doc and The Bull have arrived!! Things are turning sour for Ladd real fast!

Mulligan's Men versus Ladd's Army is gonna be a whole lot of fun!!

Orndorff and Tito pick up some wins to open Stampede

Moffit looks to make a big impact by going after Santana, but firing up Tito is a bad idea!

Bassarab vs Armstrong should be a good one

Slaughter's Marauders vs Neidhart, Tito, and The Bulldogs would be a heck of an 8 man!

Yeesh.....The Movement against Hansen and Bad News...... poor Tiger and Shaska!!

HOLY SHIT!! What did Orndorff just do!!

Wow! Flair gets the shot, Bret gets screwed, Heenan gets laid out, Orndorff is the lone wolf....

What an Ending!!!

Tito is quickly becoming a huge fan favorite. Adnan brings in Butch Moffit! Man, Adnan is really protecting Slaughter but Tito has some friends as well. 

Glad Bassarab gets the title shot. Him and Brad will tear the house down.

The fans didn't get the 4 corners match but hey settling for a Bad News/Hansen-Bulldogs match isn't to bad. I would love to see Bad News and Hansen get a title run.

OH SNAP! Orndorff turns on Heenan and Flair! Bret gets screwed and we know Stu is fuming. Some hot new storylines going on.

Looking forward to seeing what happens with Stampede and Rocky Mountain. Whatever happens, Stu wont have to worry because it will be MONEY! 

Kendall Windham with a solid debut in Rocky Mountain alongside Blackjack...good call playing up his age as there's a lot that can be done with that aspect moving forward.

Glad to see Johnny Rich making a splash here as he think he was underrated in real life outside of the Southeast.

Wow....was blown away by the Orndorff turn....as well as the title swerve with Flair/Bret....exciting times in Stampede!

Lots of big stars here. Really liking Tito Santana, and interested with what's up with Paul Orndorff moving ahead....

I know things are always subject to change, but that elimination match that was promised being cut in half to 2 teams really let the wind out of my sails as a fan. That felt too big to just scrap, though I'm sure you have your reasons. Probably wouldn't have stung as much if the main event didn't wind up in a Dusty finish as well. If the fans weren't happy before the main event, they were sure upset by the time Bret had to give the belt back....

Curious to see what happens in the Flair and DiBiase match. That has the potential to be the best match yet in the league...

bPcgGLA.jpg?1

September 21

Broadcasting to our local affiliates in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and North and South Dakota, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents Rocky Mountain Wrestling, coming to you from the KCNS studios in Denver. 

From peak to peak and valley to valley we welcome you Rocky Mountain Pro Wrestling.    I am Cowboy Bob Tallman and we are coming to you tonight from the KCNS studios in Denver.   With me tonight is the President of Rocky Mountain Wrestling, the Lawman, Don Slatton.  Don, …. Things they are a changing here in Rocky Mountain Wrestling.  Ernie Ladd and his Army have been running roughshod over things for a while here… that is until last week.

Lawman Don:  That’s right Cowboy, it seems Blackjack Mulligan has some pretty tough friends and he made a few phone calls and they came a running.  Rufus “Freight Train” Jones, Dr. Death Steve Williams and the Ragging Bull Many Fernandez have all come in to join Mulligan to take on Ladd and his goons and this is going to be a war long remembered in these parts!

Mulligan and his friends come out and are excited about what they are going to do to Ernie Ladd as we find out that the main event this Monday Night in the Denver Auditorium, is going to be an 8 Man Captain’s Tag Match where the winning team will have to defeat the others teams Captain.  Blackjack will captain a team with Rufus, Dr. Death and Manny will Ladd will captain his team of Grizzly Boone, Ron Bass and Jos Leduc!

Black Bart defeated Mike George with the Leg Drop

This is the first match in Rocky Mountain wrestling for both wrestlers and for the first few minutes we had an even match.  Both have some experience as champions in other promotions and they put on a good show for the fans.  Bart and his Black cowboy hat, tobacco spewing mouth, long black coat and evil looks gets him some heat right away and George gets some love just by the fact that he is able to put the big cowboy to the mat with some technical moves.

The problem for Mike George is that nobody knew until Ron Bass showed up that Black Bart was the newest member of the Ernie Ladd Army and with a few dirty tactics from Bass, Bart gets the win.

Ernie Ladd and Bass join Bart at the post-match interview:

Ron Bass:  Ernie Ladd…. You talked about the Army needing winners… well Black Bart is a winner.  A few weeks ago we had to get rid of Eric Embry as he was the loser who cost me the Rocky Mountain Tag Titles.  Well me and Black Bart have teamed all across this land and all we do is win…. I should say the two things we do is win and …. Hurt people!  Tony Atlas and Sweet Brown Sugar… your days as champ are numbered.

Ernie Ladd:  I have been asked …. When is enough, enough?  When is your Army going to be big enough… when are you going to stop adding wrestlers to the Army?  My answer is simple…. When people stop trying to keep Ernie Ladd from getting what he deserves.  I am the best wrestler here… I am the best wrestler in the World.  Just ask that stupid drunken injun Wahoo McDaniel… that is if you can find him.  Just ask that big dummy…. Andre the Giant whose leg I broke… Ask anyone and they will say the Big Cat is the best.  That is anyone not named Blackjack Mulligan.  He thinks he can contain me.  He thinks he can stop me.  So, what does he do …. He calls in re-enforcements like Rufus Jones… like Dr. Death Steve Williams… like Manny Fernandez… like Tony Atlas … and what happens …. he is praised!  He attacks my Army three times last week … Does the Lawman threaten fines… NO!  Suspend them… NO…. but as soon as my Army is successful …. We are called all kind of names.  So, from now on…. My Army will fight fire with fire.  Mulligan adds soldiers… I add soldiers like Black Bart.  Mulligan sucker punches my men…. We Pearl Harbor his.  Be on the lookout tonight.  I feel like getting even.  And as for Monday…. Mulligan… or should I say Captain Mulligan… By Any Means Necessary, You Are Going Down! 

Promos for Monday’s show at the Albuquerque Auditorium  

Before our next match, the Rocky Mountain Tag team champs, Tony Atlas and Sweet Brown Sugar are out to hype their World title shot on Monaday against the Movement which will be inside a Steel Cage!

Tony Atlas:  Pez Whatley

Lawman Don:  Don’t you mean Shaska Whatley?

Tony Atlas:  All I know is his Mama named his Pez so that is what I will call him.  Pez….and Tiger Conway Jr…. last time we met in the ring, you tried to bribe Sugar and me not to whoop you and take those titles.  When that didn’t work, you paid Jos Leduc and Ernie Ladd $10,000 to attack us from behind. 

Sweet Brown Sugar:  This time… there will be no place to hid and nobody to pay off as we got you two in a steel cage and it is going to feel so good to see you flat on your backs as we leave with the titles in hand!

Sonny King defeats Steve Dean with the Bolo Punch

Sonny King:  Each week I come out here and I listen to Ox Baker talk about his Heart Punch and how he has no competition here in Rocky Mountain Wrestling…. Well that is because he has not stepped in the ring with me and my Bolo Punch….

The crowd groans as Ox comes out to the booth and the Cowboy begs for peace!

Ox Baker:  Don’t worry Cowboy Bob…. I’m not going to doing anything right now.  It fact, I can’t.  If you have noticed, its been months sense I have wrestled in studio!  That’s because the Lawman standing right next to you has banned me from wrestling on TV…. You may say you have seen me but that was only on video tape from pre-recorded videos.  Lawman Don has to make sure nobody dies on live TV.  That’s right … this Heart Punch has killed two men and Rocky Mountain Wrestling wants to make sure not to scar any of the little kids out there in TV land by having them watch some jobber get murdered!  But make no mistake about… I got a contract and they can’t stop me from wrestling in house shows!  Sonny King ….  bring you little Bolo Punch to Denver on Monday and it will be the last match you ever wrestle!  I have had no competition of late because people are smart enough to get in the ring with me.  Sonny King…. You and I go way back… all the way to the early days in Memphis… it’s too bad that you won’t be around next week.

Ox simply walks off and you can almost see the fear in Sonny King as he wonders what he has done.

Chris Adams beats Derrick James with the Superkick!

Chris Adams:  Finally, little Mikey VonErich has found some guts.  He is finally going to step into the ring with me on Monday night.  I am so looking forward to Super Kicking his lights out.  I just keep thinking back to my days in Texas when each week Fritz would ask me to watch the back of either Kevin or Kerry as they got another title shot and each week, like a fool, I would rush out and save their arse as Fritz paid me peanuts.  Well, after my foot hits Mikey’s jaw on Monday, peanut butter might be all he can eat.

Johnny Rich vs Man Mountain Link

Johnny Rich keeps finding himself involved in these brawls against some pretty big guys.  Last week was Taras Bulba and this week he is there against the 300+ pound Link but it seems to be what Rich enjoys.  This match goes a good 7 minutes and Rich uses his speed to keep Link off balance and we get a few minutes of arm drags and head scissors.  After that is a brawl and in the end Rich surprises Link with Russian Leg Sweep for the win.

Link is fuming and demands a rematch which Johnny Rich is more them willing to oblige and the fans in Albuquerque will be in for another brawl Monday night.

The Iron Sheik & Nicolai Volkoff defeats Larry Bigly & Tony Monte

The foreign menaces are not new to wrestling but they are new to Rocky Mountain Wrestling, so they really do a good job of bringing in the heat.  Volkoff comes waving the Russian flag and asks everyone to stand while he sings the national anthem of Mother Russia while the Sheik is carrying these two huge clubs, which he called the Persian clubs, and he starts to show off his power by swinging them above his head.  When the crowd boos, he rambles something about America and the spits on the floor.

As for the match… 100% domination with the end coming when Sheik catches Monte in the Camel Clutch.  At the post-match interview both the Iron Sheik and Volkoff say they are here for only one reason… to take the Rocky Mountain Tag titles from Atlas and Sweet Brown Sugar as they are just like the rest of Americans… weak and disgusting.  Sheik explains that Tony Atlas may have a lot of muscles, but they are useless muscles as there is no way he could swing the Persian Clubs like the Iron Sheik and Volkoff can’t wait for Sweet Brown Sugar to leap at him at him with one of his dropkicks so he can swat him away like a little bug and crush him!

Cowboy Bob is put off by these foreign invaders but is also concerned the Rocky Mountain champs are about to have their hands full.

Kendall Windham defeats Rudy Cheatem with the Running Bulldog

The problem here is that as soon as the match was over, Ernie Ladd and his entire army (Grizzly Boone, Jos Leduc, Taras Bulba, Ron Bass & Black Bart) head to the ring.  Ladd enters the ring while the rest of the Army stands guard.  The 6’9, Ladd basically dismantles the young 16-year old Windham who is left a bloody mess.  Blackjack Mulligan and his teammates in the Captains match rush the ring but the numbers game is against them and it takes a few minutes for them to be able to get to the ring.  When the chaos is over, Windham needs medically attention and you can just see that Blackjack is as mad as could be.

Cowboy Bob:  Well it seems like the emotions are going to be running real high this week down in Albuquerque.  Rocky Mountain Champ, Ernie Ladd is doing everything he can to get under the skin of Mulligan and he may have just crossed the line with the damage he did to Mulligan’s kin!

Cowboy Bob tries to get a word in with Blackjack Mulligan who is white hot!

Blackjack Mulligan:  AHHHHHHHH, Ladd… AHHHHHHH…… Ladd….. AHHHHHHH….. Monday Night!

Cowboy Bob:  Well folks as you can see, Blackjack Mulligan is too upset to talk but Monday in Albuquerque is going to be a wild night.  You can bet on that so head on down to the Auditorium in Albuquerque and see Blackjack Mulligan go after Ernie Ladd in an historic Captain’s Match!

ROCKY MOUNTAIN PRO WRESTLING

SEPTEMBER 23, 1984

DENVER AUDITORIUM

Eric Embry vs Taras Bulba

Ox Baker vs Sonny King

Johnny Rich vs Man Mountain Link

The Iron Sheik & Nicolai Volkoff vs Mike George & Ron Ritchie

Chris Adams vs Mike VonErich

AWA WORLD TAG TITLE:  INSIDE A STEEL CAGE!

The Movement vs Tony Atlas & Sweet Brown Sugar

CAPTAIN’S TAG MATCH:  CAPTAIN MUST BE DEFEATED TO WIN

Captain Blackjack Mulligan, Dr. Death Steve Williams, Raggig Bull Manny Fernandez & Rufus “Freight Train Jones

Vs

Captain Ernie “Big Cat” Ladd, Grizzly Boone,  “Crazy” Jos Leduc and Outlaw Ron Bass

September 23rd in Denver may just be the biggest card Rocky Mtn has put together to date!

Rich is certainly going after the big guys here....Link will be quite the test!

Mike Von Erich looks for revenge against Chris Adams....but does he have what it takes to compete with a guy like Adams? This will be interesting!

Ernie Ladd just threw a whole can of gasoline on this fire! This Captain's Match is going to be a brawl!!

Oh man the war between Ladd's army and Mulligan's is escalating to new levels! 

Good to see Bart and Bass teaming up. Always liked them as a team. 

Nice job on the Ox/Sonny build. Very threatening and frightening promo from Ox. 

Adams really wants a piece of Mike Von Erich. 

Loving Johnny Rich. He's come in and is taking on the monsters. This kid has guts.

Things in Rocky Mountain are going to get nuts with Sheik and Volkoff  coming in. 

What way to end the show as Kendall takes a huge beating from Ladd's army! This just adds fuel to Mulligan's fire. 

The Denver card is going to be epic!