Pro Wrestling Only

Superstars of the Superstation

Captain Redneck

Nice round of shows again with your House shows giving us a lot of insight into your angles.  Would love to here more from Hacksaw Reed and Wildfire on tv but that is my own bias as they were two of my favorites.  

Was surprised to see Roop save Daniels but Roop was awesome as both a heel and a babyface.  He was very underrated in my opinion.  I hope Hansen respects that AWA TV title more than he did the AWA World title in real life.  I heard he ran it over with a truck or something before giving it back to Verne.  He should make a great champ and will be hard to beat.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, kevinmcfl said:

Nice round of shows again with your House shows giving us a lot of insight into your angles.  Would love to here more from Hacksaw Reed and Wildfire on tv but that is my own bias as they were two of my favorites.  

Was surprised to see Roop save Daniels but Roop was awesome as both a heel and a babyface.  He was very underrated in my opinion.  I hope Hansen respects that AWA TV title more than he did the AWA World title in real life.  I heard he ran it over with a truck or something before giving it back to Verne.  He should make a great champ and will be hard to beat.

I like to give everyone TV time as a way to build programs and characters. Reed & Rich will be getting more TV time shortly. I need to build up the lower mid-carders and mid-carders first.

April 13th
WTBS STUDIOS:

Note: This is an hour show due to Atlanta Braves Baseball at 7:05:

VTR shows Ole & Arn Anderson, along with Buzz Sawyer attack Bob & Brad Armstrong in the dressing room in Columbus Ohio as the Armstrong's  were leaving. They injure both men and Tommy Rich , Iceman Parsons chase them away with objects that can't be seen.

Gordon Solie: Welcome from the Peach State of Georgia to this abbreviated version of the Superstars of the Superstation. Here with me is Tommy "Wildfire" Rich. Tommy, we have just shown the footage captures by one of our cameramen who happened to be filming the event in Columbus Ohio. The Andersons and Buzz Sawyer really did a number on The Armstrong's.
Rich: You know Gordon, I'm getting sick and tired of all this jumping that has been going on around here. If you want a fight, then do it face to face like a man. (crowd cheers). The Armstrong's got beat up pretty good and.... ( Out comes Ole Anderson & Buzz Sawyer)
Ole: So Rich, you said come out here and face you man to man if you want to fight? ( Sawyer who was circling Rich, attacks him and Anderson joins in on the fun). They grabs Rich and throw him into the ring post. Rich is bleeding as Anderson and Sawyer kick and stomp at the face of Rich. A few wrestlers try to help but the duo disposes on them easily. Finally, Scott Hall, Iceman Parsons & Butch Reed see what's happening and chase the duo away. 

commercial break.

Solie: Well what was typical from those 2 individuals as they like to jump someone to gain an advantage. Here with me now is "Big" Scott Hall
Scott Hall: I hope that Tommy is ok, Gordon. You know, Tommy is right in that people around here like to attack when the numbers game is to their advantage. 
Solie: I hear that you want to make a challenge to someone today?
Hall: That's right Gordon. I want to challenge Yokozuna right here, right now to a match here on TV today. (crowd cheers) (out comes Sivi Afi)
Afi: (laughing) So you want a match with the great Yokozuna there big man? (starts to push Hall)
Hall: Quit pushing me!
Afi: What are you going to do about it? (Hall pushes Afi to the floor) (crowd cheers as Hall walks away)
Afi: (furious) How DARE you do that to me? I'm a chief in my native land and that would be grounds for death if you did that where I come from. You want a match, well you got one. (storms off)

David Sammartino ( with Angelo Poffo) vs. Ken Timbs

Sammartino simply overpowers the smaller Timbs in this one. David works on the back of Timbs with various suplexes and slams. The end happens after Sammartino hits a hunched over Timbs with an elbow to the back, which sends him to the mat. Sammartion picks up his pray and lifts him up into his Dad's Argentine Back breaker and Timbs quickly submits.

WINNER via Submission, David Sammartino

Angelo Poffo: I have to say one thing in that Rich and the Armstrong's got what they deserved! Those 3 have been a thorn in our sides for a while and it was good to see what happened to them. (crowd boos)
Solie: You are certainly a deranged person
Poffo: Deranged? More like a man who sees an opportunity and grabs it, no matter what it takes.
Solie: So your son Lanny has been on quite the roll lately.
Poffo: That no good son of mine is going to get what's coming to him as well. My man right here (pointing to Sammartino) is going to take out Lanny and hopefully knock some sense into him.
Solie: What about when Lanny hit you over the head with that chair?
Poffo: That's what I'm talking about. That boy needs to know some manners and learn that his Dad can still whip his butt anytime I want to

commercial break

Lanny Poffo vs. Chick Donovan

Poffo and Donovan start out chain wrestling and neither man can get an advantage. Poffo is able however, to use his quickness to get Donovan off- balanced and he has Donovan trapped in a head scissors. Donovan makes his way to the ropes to break the hold. Poffo releases the hold and as he tries to get up, Chick hits Poffo low. Referee Scrappy McGowen sees this and as Donovan tries to explain that it was an accident, McGowen throws the match out and declared Poffo as the winner. After the match, Angelo Poffo tries to comes into the ring to attack Lanny, but Lanny sees him and Angelo runs to the safety of the dressing room.

WINNER via DQ, Lanny Poffo

Solie: Are you alright Lanny?
Lanny: (catching his breath) I'm fine Mr. Solie. I'm not to sure that low blow was an accident as I think that My dear ol' Dad paid Donovan to do that so he can try to jump me from the back like the coward that my Mother said he was.
Solie: So Lanny, do you have a plan on how to deal with David Sammartino, as it seems like your Dad is sending him after you?
Lanny: Well David is certainly a strong and powerful man, but he also has a weak mind in letting my Dad to control him the way he does.
Solie: What are you going to do if/when your Dad tries to get involved?
Lanny: ( looks at Gordon and simply says, "I don't know")

commercial break.

National Heavyweight Champion "Hacksaw" Butch Reed vs. Omar Atlas

Reed just purely dominated the veteran with his power and surprising quickness that he gained while playing for the Kansas City Chiefs. Reed thorws Atlas around like a rag doll and sets Atlas up with a Military Press Slam and as Atlas is on the canvas, Reed climbs to the top and launches himself off the ropes and hits his flying football tackle to get the pin fall.

WINNER via pin fall, The National Heavyweight Champion, "Hacksaw" Butch Reed

Solie: Another impressive win Hacksaw.
Reed: Thanks Gordon. I'm here to talk about a man who is a low down sucka' and his name is Jim Duggan. That cross-eyed fool keeps on jumping me from behind when I'm fighting that other sucka' Buzz Sawyer. We are all sick and tired of this and I'm here to challenge Duggan to a match here next week for my title (holds up belt)
Solie: That's some news Butch.
Reed: Sometimes Gordon, you have to face these people on terms that you don't want to,  to get them in the ring and settle things man to man. Duggan has done nothing to deserve a title match, but I will give him one just to get him in the ring. (crowd chants "Hacksaw")

commercial break.

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan vs. Jim Powers

Duggan attacks Powers before the match and throws him to the outside. Duggan follows him and gives Powers a piledriver on the concrete floor. Powers is out and referee Nick Patrick calls for the bell. This match is a no contest as the bell never rang Duggan walks over to Solie.

Duggan: Reed, I got you where I want you (laughs). You fell for my trap and as I already knew that I could out smart you as quite frankly, you are dumb. I'm going to get that belt next week and I will be the only true Hacksaw around here (walks away to boos).

Solie: Well that's all we have for you this week as next week we will be on for our regular 2 hours as the National Heavyweight Title will be on the line as the battle of the Hacksaw's will happen right here on TV. So long from the Peach State of Georgia and see you next week.

Nice show to hype up all the angles.  To me, Georgia was always about these giant groups of Babyfaces and Heels going after each other and you did a nice job of showing that here as each interview talked about the attack on Rich and the Armstrongs.  Might be a good place for a Lumberjack match or a survivor series gauntlet type match

Show opens up with a ton of heat on the Andersons and Sawyer....it's fun that you have Tommy Rich alligning with the Armstrongs here while Johnny Rich is alligned with the Armstrongs in Southeastern.

How much longer will Lanny put up with this aggression from his father....this has been a fun angle so far.

The Battle of the Hacksaws should be a barnburner!

April 15: Wheeling Civic Center in Wheeling, West Virginia

1. Les Thornton & Jim Powers over Omar Atlas & Ken Timbs in 12:58
2. "Iron" Mike Sharpe over Shawn Michaels in 9:15
3. Heaven's Angels over Joe Lightfoot & Chick Donovan in 7:36
4. Kelly Kiniski over Brian Adias in 17:34
5. Iceman Parsons defeats The Iron Sheik in 10:43
6. TV TITLE: (c) Stan Hansen defeats "Mean" Mike Miller in 19:03
7. Lanny Poffo DDQ David Sammartino in 15:29
8. STEEL CAGE: Ted Dibiase defeats The Masked Superstar after Gary Hart passes Dibiase a foreign object in which Dibiase put in his glove in 27:36. After the match Gary Hart dragged Angelo Poffo in the ring and Dibiase & Hart beat on Poffo until The Superstar & David Sammartino was able to get Poffo out of the ring.

April 16th: Veterans Memorial Field House in Huntington, West Virginia

1. "Iron" Mike Sharpe over Sivi Afi in 13:20
2.  The Iron Sheik defeats Terry Daniels by submission in 9:18
3. Killer Karl Krupp over Pez Whatley in 14:22
4. Brian Adias 20 minute DRAW with Kelly Kiniski
5. David Sammartino over Iceman Parsons in 19:28
6. NATIONAL TAG TITLES: (c) The Long Riders defeat The Fantastics in 25:39 when Bill Irwin loaded his boot and kicked Tommy Rogers in the head to get the pin fall.
7. NATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: (c) "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 45 minute DRAW with "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
8. Ole Anderson & Buzz Sawyer over Tommy Rich & Stan "The Man" Hansen in 24:46

April 17th: Toledo Sports Arena in Toledo, Ohio

1. Pez Whatley over Doug Vines in 13:52
2. Jeff Sword defeats Norvell Austin in 11:07
3. Brian Adias over "Mean" Mike Miller in 18:40
4. Yokozuna defeats Scott Hall via CO after 14:38
5. Bob Roop & Terry Daniels defeat The Iron Sheik & Ivan Koloff by DQ in 14:29
6. TV TITLE: (c) Stan Hansen defeat Ole Anderson in 21:31
7. Tommy Rich DDQ "Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer in 17:53
8. David Sammartino over Lanny Poffo in 28:55
Before the match, Tommy Rich and Buzz Sawyer started to brawl into the arena. Ole Anderson aided Sawyer as they worked over the arm of Rich. Stan Hansen helped out Rich and chased Anderson & Sawyer away. Rich was helped to the back
9. The Masked Superstar defeats Ted Dibiase 36:17 after Angelo Poffo handed a piece of Steel so the Superstar could load his Mask and headbutt Dibiase for the win.

April 19th: Baltimore Civic Center in Baltimore, Maryland

1. "Iron" Mike Sharpe over Chick Donovan in 9:43
2. "Pistol" Pez Whatley & Norvell Austin 20 Minute DRAW with Heaven's Angels
3. Chris Markoff over Shawn Michaels in 14:22
4. Yokozuna DDQ Scott Hall after 8:09
5. Brian Adias over Kelly Kiniski in 17:20
6. The Fantastics over Ivan Koloff & The Iron Sheik in 15:47
7. "Mean" Mike Miller over Iceman Parsons in 20:45
8. Arn Anderson defeats Brad Armstrong in 4:29 after Armstrong injured his leg during the match and he couldn't continue.
9. NO DQ: Tommy Rich over Ole Anderson in 33:27
10. NATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: (c) "Hacksaw" Butch Reed defeats "Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer in 48:36
11. Ted Dibiase defeats David Sammartino ( sub for Masked Superstar) in 19:33

The show kicks off with a bang as footage is shown of the Andersons and Sawyer beating down the Armstrongs. I used to love it when they showed footage like this. 

Back live and Sawyer and Ole put a beating on Rich. Oh man it looks like the inevitable feud between Rich and Sawyer has begun. Man I cant wait for this one. 

Speaking of feuds, the one between Lanny and Dad has really developed into a heated one. Lanny better be on guard as his Dad looks to finish him off. 

I liked the Hall/Afi segment to keep the Hall/Yoko storyline moving. LOL, Afi was good here.

Both Hacksaws look strong on TV. Who's going to claim the Hacksaw name???

Fun loop. Looks like Hart and Dibiase can be just as dirty as Superstar and Poffo. 

Rich and Sawyer go through round 1 on the loop.

Reed and Duggan battle with no clear cut winner yet. 

One little gem I caught was the Heaven's Angels/Pez/Norvell match that ended in a draw. I'm a sucker for lower mid card matches. 

Even though he lost, Mean Mike put in a better effort against Hansen in the rematch. 

April 20th
WTBS Studios:

VTR: Shows the brawl from Toledo Ohio involving Tommy Rich and Buzz Sawyer. Ole Anderson helps Sawyer until Stan Hansen comes to Rich's aid. Hansen helps Rich to the back as Rich is holding his right arm.

Solie: Welcome back to another 2 hours of Superstars of the Superstation. This week we have a special challenge match for the National Heavyweight Championship involving "Hacksaw" Butch Reed vs. "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan. We also have an updated on Tommy "Wildfire" Rich after the incident in Toledo the other evening. (crowd cheers) First I like to welcome out Bob & Brad Armstrong. How are you gentlemen doing?
Brad: Mr. Solie, I'm a bit sore still, but I'm well enough to get Arn & Ole Anderson in that ring (girls scream). We are tired of all of this back jumping and it's time to put an end to this.
Bob: Gordon, you know that Brad is young and full of vigor, so he heals up a bit more fast then I do these days. Brad is right, ;look at what happened to Tommy Rich last week. It was the same ol', same ol' involving Pig Face Anderson and this time, his little puppy dog, Buzz Sawyer. Tommy is fine but you boys better watch out as your time is coming and it's coming soon.

Jim Powers & Shawn Michaels (with Les Thornton) vs. Pat Rose & Chick Donovan

The veterans control the match early on as Les Thornton is shouting instructions to Michaels & Powers. Rose has Powers in the corner and as he tags Donovan in, Powers is able to see an opening and hits Donovan with an elbow to the chops. Powers makes his way over and tags in his partner. Michaels comes in and throws a drop kick, which takes down Chick. Michaels climbs the ropes and leaps off the top, but Donovan moves as Michaels hits the canvas. Donovan bounces off the ropes and hits a knee drop to the jaw of Michaels and goes for the cover. Rose cuts off Powers as Donovan hooks the near leg and gets the 3 count, much to the chagrin of the fans in the studio. After the match, Thornton scolds the two rookies as Donovan & Rose point and laugh after their opponents.

WINNERS: Pat Rose & Chick Donovan

Solie: That was a tough break Shawn.
Thornton: Gordon, we had a game plan heading into this match and the two rookies here decided to go against it and look at what happened, they lost. (staring at Powers & Michaels) If the two of you want to listen and improve, then I will continue to help you. If you go against what I laid out for the both o you, then you are on your own. (Thornton walks off)

commercial break.

"Russian Bear" Ivan Koloff vs. Terry Daniels (with Bob Roop)

The youngster tries to get a quick start on the former world champion, but Koloff is too intelligent to get into a speed type of match against the younger Marine. Koloff backs Daniels into the ropes and knees him in the stomach, which is followed by a double axe handle to the back of Daniels' neck. Koloff starts to rough up the youngster and yelling over at Roop telling him that Russia is #1. Koloff gets a bit too cocky as he turns his back to Daniels and Daniels goes for a backslide. Koloff kicks out at 2 and is visibly angry. He attacks his young opponent and really starts to bend the rules, choking him and only releasing when referee McGowen gets to a count of 4. Roop climbs onto the apron and this allows Koloff to throw Daniels to the floor. Koloff and Roop go nose to nose and out of nowhere, The Iron Sheik grabs Daniels and kicks him in the head with the point of his curved boot. McGowen doesn't see this and Daniels is busted open. Koloff sees the blood on the face of the youngster and starts to bite and claw at the cut. After about a minute of this, McGowen is able to stop Koloff to check on the cut as the blood is really pouring down his face. McGowen decides to wave off the match and to get the victory to Koloff. As The Sheik and Koloff celebrate, Roop gets into the ring to check on Daniels. 

WINNER: "Russian Bear" Ivan Koloff via referee stoppage.

Solie: I hope that the 2 of you are proud of yourselves, trying to injure that young man.
Koloff: Proud of ourselves? Of course we are proud as I won the match. You Americans are no match for the superior Russian athlete and with my old comrade The Iron Sheik at my side, we are going to take over the area. 
Sheik: IRAN #1, RUSSIA #1, USA, pooohy. (crowd boos)

Solie: (crowd boos) Now I have The Masked Superstar with his manager Angelo Poffo. Mr. Superstar, you are continuing your rivalry with Ted Dibiase and it's starting to get more and more vicious by the week.
Superstar: Gordon Solie, all I'm going to say is that when a man cheats, you cheat back. I'm going to use the same tactics as that cheat Dibiase and as long as he has that Chicago gutter slime Gary Hart with him, he will continue to get some of their own medicine.
Solie: Ummm, if I remember correctly, it was you who went after Dibiase and started things off.
Poffo: This is where you are wrong Solie. It was Dibiase who started this and WE are going to finish things. If you remember correctly, it was Dibiase and that gutter trash Hart who used the brass knuckles against this man right here the other night. It was Hart who passed it to him through that cage and they were the ones who tried to cripple me after the cage match. If it wasn't for this brave gentleman and David Sammartino's bravely, I could be in a wheelchair right now. (crowd cheers)
Solie: Well the 2 of you can try and settle your differences in a Coal Miners Glove on a pole match.
Superstar: That's correct. When I'm the one to climb up that pole, I will be able to use that loaded glove anyway I damn well please. I'm going to rearrange his and Gary Hart's face in one night. And one of thing, if Lanny Poffo wants to try and interfere in this match to help his buddies, then he will suffer the same fate.

commercial break.

Norvell Austin & "Pistol" Pez Whatley vs. "Iron" Mike Sharpe & Omar Atlas

This is basically a squash as Whatley and Austin are too quick for their opponents. Atlas is in the ring the entire match as Whatley & Austin tag in and out. The end is when Austin tags in Whatley and whips Atlas into the ropes and Whatley comes off with a flying headbutt to finish off Atlas.

WINNERS: Norvell Austin & "Pistol" Pez Whatley

Solie: Big win for this newly formed team.
Whatley: THAT'S RIGHT GORDON!. We want to be known as the The Gunslingers. I'm the Pistol while Norvell is the ,38 special!
Austin: We want one thing and it's those Tag team belts that those Long Riders own, for now. They might've slipped by the Fantastics, but they won't get by us.. (crowd cheers. Tommy Rogers comes out)
Rogers: I hate to come out here Mr. Solie, but I'm here to set the record straight and that we are STILL the #1 contenders for the National Tag Team Championship.
Whatley: Oh really, why don't you put that claim up against us next week right here in that ring right there.
Rogers: We can do that. Mr. Solie, can you tell the matchmaker to send us a contract for next week?
Solie: I will see on what I can do.

commercial break.

Solie: (crowd chants, "Ain't no way you can beat Tommy, ain't no way") As you hear by the crowd, my guest is Tommy" Wildfire" Rich. Tommy, how are you feeling?
Rich: Gordon, did anyone hear say about being FIRED UP! I'm doing fine and I'd like to thank my old tag team partner, Stan" The Man" Hansen on helping me out of that jam the other night. You know Gordon, I thought our feud between myself and Buzz Sawyer was over, but I guess that I was wrong in thinking that way. He's a crazy son of a gun and he's not that bright either if he's listening to "Pigface" Ole Anderson for advice. Sawyer, watch your back as I have friends watching mine.

TV TITLE MATCH: (c) Stan" The Man" Hansen vs. Sivi Afi

Afi attacks before the bell and starts to rake the eyes of Hansen. However Hansen fights back and is throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Afi. Afi is dazed & confused as Hansen throws him from pillar to post. Hansen sets Afi up for and crashes down with a high vertical suplex. Hansen gets up and after several knees yo the upper chest of Afi, he picks him up to whip him into the ropes and hits him with that Lariat and it's all academic as Hansen covers as Nick Patrick counts to 3.

WINNER: TV Champion, Stan Hansen via pin fall

commercial break.

National Heavyweight Title Match: (c) "Hacksaw" Butch Reed vs. "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan 30 minutes time limit

Reed & Duggan are trash talking and referee Patrick takes the belt. Reed & Duggan are both being cautious as neither wants to make a mistake that the other one can capitalize on. Duggan has Reed against the ropes and walks back for a clean break and when Reed's guard is down, he charges in with a forearm to the chest. Duggan works an armbar and side headlock for about 8 minutes, until Reed can power out of it and make it to the ropes. Duggan kicks Reed in the ribs and Reed hits the floor. Reed climbs back at the count of 6, but Duggan is waiting and kicks him back to the floor. This time Reed slowly climbs up by grabbing the ring apron and as Duggan's feet are near the ropes, Reed grabs one and yanks him down to the mat. Reed then pulls Duggan to the floor and rolls back into the ring. Duggan is furious and charges back in, but Reed catches him with a soup bone to the head and Duggan falls flat to the mat. Reed hits several elbow drops which hurt Duggan. Reed looks hot and starts to choke out Duggan. Patrick counts to 3 and then 4 and Reed releases, but get a stern warning from Patrick. Reed now has a spinning toe hold on Duggan, but then drops all his weight onto the leg/knee  and Duggan screams in pain. Reed works on the leg as we are now 24 minutes in without a pin fall attempt. Reed picks Duggan up for a slam and climbs to the top. Duggan staggers up and sees Reed jump and Duggan pushes Patrick into the fire and goes down in a heap. Duggan waves his hand and Ole & Arn Anderson, along with Buzz Sawyer hit the ring for a 4 on 1 attack. They pound on Reed, trying to injure the powerful right arm of the champ. Ole Anderson climbs the ropes as the other 3 hold Reed down. Ole is about to jump as the crowd jumps to their collective feet and out comes The Armstrong's, Stan Hansen and Tommy Rich, who pushes Ole off the ropes. It's a 4 on 4 battle as Patrick has called for the bell. After a minute or so goes by, The Armstrong's, Hansen & Rich clear the ring of the Anderson's and Duggan & Sawyer.

WINNER: via DQ. "Hacksaw" Butch Reed

Man you have WTBS wrestling down! Reading your shows brings back memories.

Rich vs. Sawyer is the feud of all feuds! Cant wait to watch this progress.

TBS vets Chick and Rose pick up a win against young Michaels and Powers. Thornton isn't to happy.

Sheik helps Koloff get the win over Daniels by busting him open. Looks like a Sheik/Koloff-Roop/Daniels feud is in gear.

Gunslingers- Love the name. Looking forward to their match with the Fantastics next week

Hansen takes Afi down as he retains the TV title. It's going to be hard to take the title from Hansen. 

Blockbuster main event as Reed and Duggan go at it. Chaos ensues as we get a 8 man brawl to end the show! 

Great show that set up a lot of good storylines. 

April 21st: Municipal Auditorium in Columbus, Georgia

1. Omar Atlas over Joe Lightfoot in 8:33
2. "Iron" Mike Sharpe defeats Ken Timbs in 12:06
3. The Gunslingers over Jim Powers & Shawn Michaels in 14:29
4. BODYSLAM MATCH: Yokozuna over Scott Hall in 15 minutes when Hall couldn't slam Yokozuna
5. COLUMBUS STREET FIGHT: Brad Armstrong over Arn Anderson in 22:48
6. TV TITLE MATCH: (C) Stan "The Man" Hansen over Ole Anderson in 16:47
7. Tommy Rich over "Mean" Mike Miller in 7:27
8. David Sammartino over Lanny Poffo in 18:52 after Angelo Poffo cold cocks Lanny with brass knuckles

April 23rd: Cobb County Civic Center in Marietta, Georgia

1. Pat Rose over Chick Donovan in 9:10
2. Bob Roop over The Iron Sheik in 14:22
3. "Russian Bear" Ivan Koloff over Terry Daniels in 10:08
4. NATIONAL TAG TITLES: The Fantastics DQ WIN over (c) The Long Riders in 19:53
5. Iceman Parsons over "Mean" Mike Miller in 15:30
6. MARIETTA STREET FIGHT: Bob Armstrong over Ole Anderson in 26:39
7. The Masked Superstar over Lanny Poffo in 17:34
8. Ted Dibiase & Gary Hart over David Sammartino & Angelo Poffo in 28:55
9. STEEL CAGE MATCH: Tommy Rich over Buzz Sawyer in 21:37
10: NATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: "Hacksaw" Butch Reed DDQ "HACKSAW" Jim Duggan in 10:44

April 24th: Augusta- Richmond County Civic Center in Augusta, Georgia

1. Heaven's Angels over Jim Powers & Shawn Michaels in 11:57
2. "Norvell Austin DRAW Bobby Fulton in 20 minutes
3. Tommy Rogers over "Pistol" Pez Whatley in 17:32
4. "Mean" Mike Miller over Scott Hall in 13:28
5. Brian Adias over Kelly Kiniski in 16:07
6. Ole & Arn Anderson over Bob & Brad Armstrong in 15:30
7. NATIONAL TAG TITLES: (c) The Long Riders over Tommy Rich & Lanny Poffo in 22:19
8. Masked Superstar & David Sammartino over "Hacksaw" Butch Reed & Iceman Parsons in 24:49 after "Hacksaw" Duggan knocked out Parsons with a 2x4.
9. Ted Dibiase over "Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer in 38:22 due to blood loss.

April 26th: Macon Coliseum in Macon, Georgia

1. Shawn Michaels over Pat Rose in 10:33
2. Jim Powers over Chick Donovan in 13:47
3. Scott Hall DDQ Yokozuna after 14:38
4. The Gunslingers over Heaven's Angels after 14:20
5. Bob Roop DDQ The Iron Sheik after 11:52
6. Ted DIbiase & Tommy Rich over The Masked Superstar & David Sammartino in 36:29
7. TV TITLE MATCH: (c) Stan Hansen over Arn Anderson in 11:45
8. NATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: (c) "Hacksaw" Butch Reed over "Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer in 18:54

Superstars is such a good read every time, and like people have mentioned, you have wrestling on WTBS down.

Looking forward to Rich/Sawyer mixing it up some more.

Liking the Gunslingers already, and a match with the Fantastics should prove to be a damn good one.

The feud between Reed and Duggan is heating up, and I feel like we'll be see'ing a big time gimmick match in their future.

You might want to check the 4/23 tag match result, I think it was meant to be Angelo instead of Lanny in the match against Hart/Dibiase

2 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

Superstars is such a good read every time, and like people have mentioned, you have wrestling on WTBS down.

Looking forward to Rich/Sawyer mixing it up some more.

Liking the Gunslingers already, and a match with the Fantastics should prove to be a damn good one.

The feud between Reed and Duggan is heating up, and I feel like we'll be see'ing a big time gimmick match in their future.

You might want to check the 4/23 tag match result, I think it was meant to be Angelo instead of Lanny in the match against Hart/Dibiase

Thanks for the catch. I'm glad everyone is enjoying the product.

I agree, these loops are a lot of fun. Nice touch naming those street fights after the city they're in. 

Reed, Hansen and the Long Riders are having some good runs as champions. 

Liked the wrestlers and managers tag bout. That's old school. 

Yoko and Hall continue to have some fun lower card encounters. 

Of course my favorite match on the loop was that Rich/Sawyer cage match. 

April 28th
WTBS Studios:

VTR of Bob Armstrong being carried to the back after a tag match in Augusta Georgia between the Armstrongs & Andersons.

Solie: We have a lot of action this week and with Atlanta Braves baseball at 7:05, we must get to the ring.

National Tag Champs The Long Riders vs. Ken Timbs & Chick Donovan

The Long Riders attack as the bell rings and Scott Irwin has Timbs in the corner. The Irwin's tag in and out, keeping Timbs to their side of the ring. The end happens when Scott whips Timbs into the ropes and Bill comes off with a vicious bicycle kick to the face. Bill covers for the easy victory.

WINNERS: The Long Riders

Solie: So, what do the Champs think about the match between The Gunslingers & The Fantastics for the #1 contender spot.
Bill: It doesn't matter to us as either team will go down to the toughest team in the country.
Scott: We have already beaten the midgets too many times to count and these Gunslingers think they want some of us? Be careful what you wish for as it might be hazardous to your health.

commercial break

Solie: (crowd cheers) I like to bring in Tommy "Wildfire" Rich and Brad Armstrong to talk about the Andersons & Buzz Sawyer. Tommy, it appears that Bob Armstrong has been injured according to the clip shown before the show.
Rich: That's right Gordon. Bob is pretty banged up after the Andersons jumped him after the match the other night. Between that and Buzz Sawyer & Ole Anderson jumping me last week, we have decided to make a few challenges for the Omni on May 12th. Sawyer, Ole, I want a tag team match between the 2 of you on the 12th. I plan on bringing in a partner for the match as Brad has his own challenge to make.
Brad: That's right Tommy. Mr. Solie, they hurt my dad really bad and he won't be able to wrestle for a while. So since Tommy is challenging Sawyer & Ole Anderson, I want to challenge Arn Anderson to a Loser Leaves Town match on May the 12th. ( crowd cheers) I hope the 3 of you have the guts to answer this like men for once in your lives.(walks off set)
Solie: Woah, that is some kind of news coming from Brad Armstrong. It will be interesting to hear the response of those 3 gentlemen.

Killer Karl Krupp (with Angelo Poffo) vs. Pat Rose

Krupp dominates the young veteran using some rough tactics. Krupp worked on the neck and head the entire match and Krupp used the Iron Claw to put away Rose for the victory.

WINNER: Killer Karl Krupp

Solie: So it appears that you have a new charge in this man right here.
Poffo: This man as you called him is the toughest man in Europe and he goes by the name of "Killer" Karl Krupp. He's the one who taught Baron Von Raschke the Iron Claw 
Solie: He seems impressive and I guess that this man will help keep Ted Dibiase and Gary Hart away from you.
Poffo: Are you saying that I'm afraid of Gary Hart? (laughs) What a joke that is. I'm afraid of no man and the reason I brought Krupp here is to win championships and not for so called protection. (walks off)

The Iron Sheik vs. Terry Daniels

Koloff and Roop has been barred from the ringside area for this match as the Sheik uses his experience to get the early advantage on Daniels. Daniels is able to take a bit of control when he reverses a suplex into a O'Connor Roll for a 2 count. Daniels uses his amateur knowledge to surprise the former Olympian by keeping him down on the canvas. It's a back and forth affair as Daniels is surprising the Iranian, but the Sheik takes control once again after kicking Daniels. Referee Scrappy McGowen goes over to check on the former Marine to see if he can continue. While he does this, the Sheik does something to the point of his curved boot and when the match continues, he kicks Daniels square in the jaw with the point of his boot. Daniels falls over like he was hit with a shotgun. The Sheik goes over and applies the Camel Clutch to Daniels who is already knocked out after the kick. Referee McGowen calls for the bell and awards the match to the Iron Sheik.

WINNER: The Iron Sheik

commercial break. 

Solie: I have hear at this time Ole and …..
Ole Anderson: Listen Solie, these people know who we are. We are the team that ran the Arnstrongs out of the area (laughs)
Sawyer: Tommmmmmy Rich, we accept your challenge for the 12th as there are no 2 men who can beat us. Your mystery partner will end up the same way that you will and that's leaving on a stretcher.
Ole: Also Solie, I'm accepting on Arn's behalf the challenge from Bob Armstrong's son, as Arn has a match already in the ring.
Solie: Well then lets go to the match already in the ring.

Arn Anderson vs. Omar Atlas

The young Anderson has things way under control as he is simply too much for the veteran Atlas. The finish happens when Arn picks up Atlas for  suplex, but drops him face first onto the mat. Arn covers as Nick Patrick counts to 3.

WINNER: Arn Anderson

Arn Anderson: Brad Armstrong, I will prove on the 12th that I was the workhorse of our team. You were the weak link and you will always be the weak link no matter what. The Andersons will do what the Andersons are famous for and that's hurting people!

For the #1 contender of the National Tag Team Championships: The Gunslingers ( "Pistol" Pez Whatley & ".38 special" Norvell Austin) vs. The Fantastics

Bobby Futon and Pez Whatley start off and both men are cautious. Neither man wants to give the other an advantage and after several minutes, both men tag out. Rogers & Austin tie up and Rogers takes Austin down with a side headlock. Austin tries to roll Rogers up several times, but can only get either a 1 or 2 count at best. Austin is able to reach the ropes for the break. Both men are at their feet as the station have to go to a commercial break.

As they come back from break, it's Fulton with a leg lock on Austin. Fulton works the legs as Austin is a high flyer and Fulton knows that they need to slow things down as it's a rare time in that The Fantastics aren't the quickest team in the ring. The pace picks up after Austin is able to get free and tag in Whatley. Whatley thorws the first punch in the match, knocking Fulton to the canvas. Whatley scoops up Fulton for a body slam and then follows up with several elbow drops. Whatley get a 2 count and continues to work on the head and neck of Fulton. Whatley & Austin tag in and out as Rogers is on the outside getting antsy. The action picks up even more as Fulton catches Whatley with a knee lift after Whatley set a bit too early for a back body drop. Fulton crawls over and tags in Rogers. Austin enters the ring and gets an dropkick for his troubles. Whatley takes advantage of the distraction and hits Rogers with a chop block after Rogers gets off the mat. However, Whatley misses an elbow drop and Rogers is back on his feet. Rogers climbs to the top rope and dives onto a prone Whatley with a crossbody block and covers him for the 3 count in a surprise ending. Both teams come into the ring and shake hands after the match

WINNERS: New # 1 contenders The Fantastics

Solie: Tommy, Bobby congratulations on your victory over a very tough and game team.
Rogers: This now means that we want out shot at the Omni on the 12th.
Fulton: Long Riders, you will now HAVE TO defend your titles against us now. You have ducked us more times then I can remember and only want to face us in non-title matches saying that we need to prove ourselves to you. I think now it's time for you to prove YOURSELVES to us and these people.

Big win for The Fantastics, and the match for the belts should be a good one. But The Irwins have been dominant as hell.

Anderson/Armstrong, Loser Leaves Town? Hmmm. Something interesting going down here. Gotta root against Brad, don't wanna see the MWC split up.

Excited to see who the mystery partner is!

Fucking Braves game. Man that shit used to piss me off!!

April 28th: Grand Rapids Auditorium in Grand Rapids, Michigan

1. Hiro Saito DRAW 15 MINUTES Les Thornton
2. Jim Powers over Sivi Afi in 8:25
3. Bob Roop DDQ The Iron Sheik after 17:23
4. Ivan Koloff defeats Terry Daniels in 10:48
5. Ole Anderson over Iceman Parsons in 19:11
6. TV TITLE: (c) Stan Hansen over "Mean" Mike Miller in 11:27
7. The Fantastics over Heaven's Angels in 14:36
8. Lanny Poffo over "Killer" Karl Krupp in 15:39
9. NATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: (c) "Hacksaw" Butch Reed over David Sammartino in 26:44
10. Ted Dibiase over Arn Anderson in 21:47

April 30th: Saginaw Civic Center in Saginaw, Michigan

1. Shawn Michaels over Pat Rose in 11:52
2. Scott Hall over Ken Timbs in 4:30 by submission
3. Yokozuna defeats Jim Powers in 5:10
4. Iceman Parsons over "Mean" Mike Miller in 12:28
5. The Iron Sheik & Ivan Koloff over Bob Roop & Terry Daniels in 14:33
6. Scott Hall DQ WIN over Yokozuna when Sivi Afi interfered in 10:20
7. The Masked Superstar over Lanny Poffo in 21:46 after Angelo Poffo slipped the Superstar an object which he used to load his mask.
8. Brad Armstrong over Ole Anderson in 17:24
9. NATIONAL TAG TITLES: (c) The Long Riders over The Gunslingers in 11:52
10. NO DQ: "Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer over Tommy "Wildfire" Rich in 28:39
11. STEEL CAGE: Ted Dibiase over David Sammartino in 39:21

May 1st: Wheeling Civic Center in Wheeling West Virginia

1. Johnny Rodz over Jim Powers in 6:31
2. Heaven's Angels over Bob Roop & Terry Daniels in 13:52
3. Scott Hall over Sivi Afi in 11:29
4. Brian Adias over Kelly Kiniski via DQ when Gene Kiniski interfered after the Oriental Spike in 15:44
5. Lanny Poffo over "Killer" Karl Krupp in 10:25
6. TV TITLE: (c) Stan Hansen over David Sammartino in 14:19
7. The Gunslingers  20 MINUTE DRAW with The Fantastics
8. CHAIN MATCH: "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan over Iceman Parsons after Buzz Sawyer interfered in 27:45
9. TEXAS DEATH MATCH: Ted Dibiase over The Masked Superstar after 17 falls in 46:39
10: NO DQ: Gary Hart over Angelo Poffo in 8:12

May 3rd: Baltimore Civic Center in Baltimore, Maryland

1. Johnny Rodz over Charlie Fulton in 9:34
2. Yokozuna over Scott Hall in 14:01
3. Iceman Parsons over "Mean" Mike Miller in 15:39
4. Tommy Rogers over Scott Irwin in 11:48
5. "Pistol" Pez Whatley over Bobby Fulton in 14:53
6. "Wild" Bill Irwin over Norvell Austin in 13:07
7. Kelly Kiniski over Brian Adias in 23:33
8. BUNKHOUSE MATCH: Tommy Rich & Stan Hansen over Ole Anderson & Buzz Sawyer 30:42
9. Lanny Poffo over David Sammartino in 17:33
10. TEXAS DEATH MATCH: "Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer defeats Tommy Rich after 11 falls in 38:27
11. NATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: "Hacksaw" Butch Reed DDQ "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan after 14:11
12. Brad Armstrong, Ted Dibiase & Gary Hart over Arn Anderson, The Masked Superstar & Angelo Poffo after Hart pinned Poffo in 24:30

Fantastics defeat the Gunslingers in a fun TV main event to become number 1 contenders. Will the Fantastics finally get the straps? 

Speaking of the straps, Long Riders dominate a squash and show just why they are the champs.

Challenges made as Rich is bringing in a partner to face Ole and Buzz. Brad challenges Arn to a loser leaves town match to finish this once and for all. 

Poor Terry Daniels gets the loaded boot again. 

Ut Oh, Poffo brings in Killer Karl Krupp. That means trouble. 

Dibiase had a great loop. 

That Rich/Hansen- Sawyer/Ole bunkhouse match was a must see.

Hacksaw Reed continues his solid reign as National Champ. He might be in line for an AWA World title shot. 

8 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

Big win for The Fantastics, and the match for the belts should be a good one. But The Irwins have been dominant as hell.

Anderson/Armstrong, Loser Leaves Town? Hmmm. Something interesting going down here. Gotta root against Brad, don't wanna see the MWC split up.

Excited to see who the mystery partner is!

Fucking Braves game. Man that shit used to piss me off!!

Next week there will be no Braves baseball.

Hoping the Fantastics can pull off the win this time against the Long Riders!

Some great matches on this week's loop....Gary Hart over Angelo Poffo in a no DQ was surely fun to watch.

Bunkhouse Tag Match with Rich/Hansen vs. Ole/Sawyer would have had me begging my dad to take me to Baltimore...and we lived in Mississippi!