Pro Wrestling Only

Pacific Coast Wrestling

rainmakerrtv

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN , January 6th

Eddie Guerrero vs. The Soultaker

Guerrero tried to play a game of cat and mouse with the Soultaker, and did as well as he could, dodging most of the big man's attacks. That came crashing down when, at a point where Soultaker and the ref were distracted, the mysterious masked man ambushed him in the ring with an elbow smash to the back of the head followed by an inverted DDT. Soultaker saw Guerrero knocked out in the ring and hit the Exorcism (Spine Snapper backbreaker) for the win. Cactus Jack, who was accompanying the new member of the Wild Things, was livid at the masked man's interference but Soultaker was willing to take the win.

Louie Spicolli vs. Johnny Ace

Spicolli put in a game effort against the Illustrious One and definitely held his own, but ultimately went down to the Ace Dropper.

Jerry Lynn vs. Erin O'Grady

The Leprechaun really took the fight to Lynn and the founder of the New Generation had his hands full with O'Grady, taking everything he had to put O'Grady down with a Package Piledriver.

Al Snow vs. Steven Regal

With the departure of both Bob Backlund and Robbie Brookside and the dissolution of the Knights Templar, Regal is now out on his own and set on making a name for himself. He showed what he was capable off in his match with the Stormfront member, defeating Snow in a tough match with the Regal Plex.

Rick Steamboat vs. Masahiro Chono

The Dragon and the Blood Syndicate member had an incredibly intense match that went to Steamboat when he blocked an attempt at the STF and wrapped him up in an inside cradle for the pinfall.

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Barry Windham © vs. Brian Adams

It was a battle of two of the most talented big men on the West Coast for the top prize in PCW. "The Crusher" gave the Widowmaker a considerable challenge and, even though Windham was able to hit the Western Lariat on Adams, the champ was taking no chances, putting Adams up top and executing the Superplex to make sure the man from Hawaii stayed down.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Kelowna Memorial Arena, Kelowna, January 7th

Billy Gunn vs. Cactus Jack

The masked man once again made his presence felt , tripping Gunn while coming off the ropes to set him up for a Double Armed DDT to give the match to Cactus. The man from Truth Or Consequences glared at the masked man for his unasked for interference, but the mystery man simply laughed and applauded Cactus' "victory".

Chris Candido vs. Curt Hennig

Mr. Perfect seemed quite surprised at how much of a fight he got from Candido, and it took quite a lot to hit the Perfect Plex for the win.

Alex Porteau vs. Chris Adams

In spite of his usually ruthless tactics, Adams had a fairly taut technical match with the Pug, which went back and forth before Adams took him out with the Superkick.

Brian Lee vs. Fit Finlay

This was a knock down , drag out fight, and Lee really proved himself by withstanding the hurricane of the Fighting Irishman's offence and hitting the Prime Time Slam for the win.

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : The Midnight Express © vs. The Force Of July (The Patriot & The Eagle)

The masked men pushed the champions to the limit, forcing them to get dirty. Lane brought the tennis racquet into the ring against the Eagle, leading to a DQ and giving the FOJ the win if not the titles.

Pacific Television Title Match : Brian Pillman © vs. Doug Furnas

Flyin' Brian closed out the evening by withstanding a considerable challenge from the tough Oklahoman, pinning Furnas with a top rope Sunset Flip

PCW's tag division just got a shot of more adrenaline with the Dreamboats.

After tearing the house down, it looks like Candido wants to band together some LHWS. 

Mike's debut was awesome! 

AHHHHHH ok, the Oregon name makes total sense now. Billy Jack and his men are going to wreck havoc in PCW.

Well, if Bret says this Austin kid has potential, good enough for me. 

Oh man, things are going to get eerie and weird in PCW. 

The new Footloose gets the big win but watch out for this little leprechaun. 

I said PCW was going to get weird and I have to admit I like the craziness the Juice Crew brings. 

Billy Gunn arrives and has already made some powerful friends. And you need friends here. 

Tenryu puts down Payne but now has a returning Blackman to worry about. 

Destruction Crew walks away with the titles but Stormfont is on their tails. 

I have a feeling Austin will be in the thick of things sooner than Bret thinks. 

Widowmaker starts the year just how he left the last one. You're right, the big question in 1989 is who can end his reign. 

Austin looks smooth in his debut. 

Blackman is a machine. 

The title holders better be on high alert because the Oregon Wrecking Crew is for real. 

I'm sure Scotty is quite the ladies man, but his flirting costs the Playboy Club. 

Leprechaun shows what he can do. 

Candido and crew set some high goals for 89. One thing's for sure, this is one exciting group. 

Billy Jack is a madman! 

I'm seeing a big 89 for Bret. 

Edmonton.

All the new faces get a chance to shine.

Haynes stuns everyone by aligning with the OWC.

Blackman returns save Payne from the Syndicate.

Stormfront take the champs to the limit.

Hart gets a hotheaded new student and the Diamond Exchange immediately start messing with him.

New year, Same Pacific Heavyweight Champion.

Victoria.

Stunning Steve shows what he can do.

Blackman shows he's as lethal as ever.

Scotty was too busy making eyes on Trisa to keep his eye on the prize.

O'Grady has wormed his way into Finlay's heart and looks ready to climb the ranks.

Jerry Lynn vows 89 will be the year of the New Generation.

Haynes' new mean streak is paying off.

Hart v Malenko is a technical wrestling fans dream.

Vancouver.

The Jackal seems to be unintentionally(?) driving a wedge in the Wild Things.

Regal could be a wildcard now that he's on his own.

A second successful defense for the Widowmaker.

Kelowna.

It's official. The Jackal is definitely on Cactus shit list.

A pair of title defenses puts a pin on PCW's first loop of 89.

Vancouver,

This mask man is starting to irk Cactus.

Spicoli keeps bringing the fight but tonight belonged to Ace.

Lynn is quickly becoming a LHW contender. 

I think Regal will be just fine on his own.

Steamboat vs. Chono is worth the price of admission. 

It took some doing but Windham retains over a game Adams. Big Weekend for the champ. 

Kelowna,

LOL, who is this masked man? 

Perfect and Adams pick up wins. These two are at the top of their games. 

89 could be Lee's breakout year. 

My guys the Patriots are always in the hunt but seem to get screwed in title bouts. 

Pillman shines again in the main event. 

PCW will be on fire in 89!

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Portland Sports Arena, Portland , on ESPN / TSN, January 12th

Steve Austin vs. Masahiro Chono

A young Steve Austin : r/SquaredCircleRasslin' History 101 on Twitter: "Masahiro Chono as NWA World Heavyweight  Champion back in 1992. https://t.co/bP8EQnXGgA" / Twitter

Young Steve Austin impressed many last week in his PCW debut, but this week marked a considerable upgrade in the level of opposition. He would be facing the hungry and aggressive Japanese star Masahiro Chono, who wasn't going to take it easy on the genial Texan in the slightest. Full credit to Austin, he gave it his best shot and was able to avoid Chono's dreaded STF. One thing he was not able to avoid was the Yakuza Kick, and Chono was able to flatten Austin with it for the win. Austin's mentor Bret Hart was supportive and encouraging after the match, and while he was clearly disappointed, Austin seemed to take the loss in stride.

Chris Candido vs. Art Barr

Chris Candido - IMDbArt Barr aka the Juicer, Beetle juice | Pro wrestling, Wwf, Professional  wrestlers

Candido has been showing a new positive since his reunion with Chris Candido and the establishment of the New Generation. He gave "Beetlejuice" Art Bar quite the run for his money, and it was all Barr could do to keep ahead of them. Then, of course, as surely as night follows day, the mysterious masked man snuck into the ring while the ref was distracted and hit Candido with an inverted DDT. Barr was certainly not one to give up a free pass, and went up top to hit the Frog Splash for the win. Cactus Jack immediately stormed out to the ring from the back, followed by the Soultaker and Big Juice. He demanded the ringside microphone.

Cactus : Alright, freak, you listen up and listen good. I am sick of you sticking your nose in the business of the Wild Things. I don't know who you are, but you are going to tell me what the hell you think you are doing.

Masked Man : Oh, Mister Jack, you know me more than you know. I am the Jackal and I am the salvation of the Wild Things. Let me in, and I will show you all just how Wild the Wild Things can get!

Cactus : Are you kidding me? If you think you can mess with our matches and just waltz into our ranks, you've got to be out of your mind!

Barr : Cactus, we're the Wild Things … "out of your mind" is what we are all about. Besides, I like the cut of his jib. I say we give him a shot. (Soultaker and Big Juice both nod in agreement)

Cactus : Well, it looks like I am outvoted. I guess you are in. But I am warning you, give me one reason to suspect you, and you will wish you have never crossed my path.

Jackal I - Marvel Comics - Spider-Man enemy - Miles Warren - Profile -  Writeups.org

Interview : Don Coss stands in the ring

Coss : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guest shocked the fans when he turned on them and the Southern Boys … Billy Jack Haynes!

The crowd boos as Haynes, accompanied by Gary Albright and David Young, stalks out to the ring. He pays them no mind apart from a deep set scowl that never leaves his face.

Billy Jack Haynes (@BJHWrestling) / TwitterGary Albright (Wrestling) - TV TropesDavid Williams - IMDb

Coss : Well, Billy Jack, the fans certainly seem disappointed with your recent change of attitude.

Billy Jack : The fans ? THE FANS? The fans have never done squat for me! (increased booing) I did what the fans wanted, and it got me nowhere. Sunshine, the Southern Boys, none of them helped me one bit! I play nice with them, and they just stood by and watched when I got screwed out of the Pacific Heavyweight Title! Well, now I'm doing things my way. I have two men with me that I can trust! (Albright and Young nod in agreement) I have their back, and they have mine, and we don't give a damn about anyone else or what they think. We are the Oregon Wrecking Crew and we are going to take over the West Coast. All the big titles are in our sights. Windham, Rhodes, Pillman, Severn, Midnights, Destruction Crew … none of you are safe. Pacific Coast Wrestling will be ours!

Johnny Ace vs. John Raymond

Johnny Ace. What a BOY. : r/OSWReview 

"The Illustrious One" was his usual self satisfied self as he headed out to the ring, and proved he was justified in his satisfaction as he completely dominated Raymond, easily dispatching him with the Ace Dropper. The drama came after the match when Buddy Rose, followed by Scotty The Body, Mike Awesome and Tina Ferrari, came out and approached Ace.

Buddy : Johnny, good sir .. Mister Ace! I've had my eye on you! I think you have what it takes to be a part of the new look Playboy Club. Too many times I've cluttered up the ranks with dumb muscle. The Beach Bums, the Biker Twins … big guys but not much going on upstairs. What I need is smart muscle. Scotty, Big Mike, they know what to do, even though sometimes one of them may lose a bit of focus. (Embarrassed look from Scotty) But they're good guys, like you. Sign on with us and you can write your own ticket, straight to the top. What do you say?

Ace : Mr. Rose, you are on!

The Rainbow Warriors (Vic Steamboat & Brian Adams) vs. Fit Finlay & Erin O'Grady

Vic Steamboat – Online World of WrestlingTop 10 Outstanding Facts about Brian Keith Adams - Discover Walks BlogFinlayMasked Republic on X: "@ryansatin “Leprechaun” Erin O'Grady circa 1997 (pre  Crash Holly) - official @allprowrestling headshot. https://t.co/qnI8bMcVGd"  / X

In their first run in PCW, the Rainbow Warriors developed a following as a team with a lot of potential. Now that both members are back on the west coast and reunited, they seem keep on fulfilling that potential and earning a shot at one of the tag titles. Tonight, the would face the Belfast Bruiser and his young apprentice, "The Leprechaun" Erin O'Grady. The duo was as pugnacious as one could expect, and Steamboat and Adams had to fight hard for every advantage they could get. Ultimately, their familiarity and established teamwork would prove to be the difference, and they were able to hit the Refraction (vertical suplex by Adams setting up a flying cross body press by Steamboat) and score the victory. I am thinking that Jim Cornette and the Midnight Express may well be starting to regret casting Steamboat out from their ranks.

Billy Gunn vs. Chris Adams

BIO/Profil Billy GunnWrestling's Glory Days - Today's Fallen Wrestler Tribute "Gentleman" Chris  Adams Real Name - Christopher Adams February 10, 1955 – October 7, 2001  (Age 46) He would be 57 years old Reason

Billy Gunn hasn't been in Pacific Coast Wrestling for long, but has quickly gained a reputation as a young wrestler on the rise. Not only have the fans rallied behind the lanky Texan, but the Brigade have immediately accepted him into their ranks. Chris Adams and Diamond Dallas Page didn't seem to be particularly impressed at first, but soon found out that he was not someone to underestimate. The amiable Cowboy was all over Adams from the get go, and Adams found himself scrambling to find some sort of advantage. The Diamond Exchange wound up going for subterfuge, with DDP catching Adams when he was whipped into the corner then pulling him out of the way when Gunn followed up with a clothesline. Gunn wound up going hard chest first into the corner turnbuckle, which left him easy prey for the Superkick to give the win for Adams. A tough loss for Gunn but he can still feel proud of the showing he gave.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Portland Memorial Coliseum , Portland , on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN, January 13th

Toshiaki Kawada, Kensuke Sasaki & Eddie Guerrero vs. The Oregon Wrecking Crew (Billy Jack Haynes, Gary Albright & David Young)

Kawada, Sasaki and Guerrero put up a valiant fight but they couldn't withstand the onslaught of the OWC, with Young pinning Guerrero following a Spinebuster Slam

Bret Hart vs. Scotty The Body

Scotty seemed newly focused after the scolding that the Playboy and Tina Ferrari had given him, and Bret seemed a bit surprised at the ferocious fight that he got from The Body. It took not one but two piledrivers to put Scotty down for good, and afterwards Bret definitely looked like he had been in a full fledged war.

Steve Austin vs. Buddy Rose

Despite the welts and bruises from the last match, Bret Hart was in the corner of his pupil Steve Austin. "Stunning" Steve gave a good accounting of himself, but the veteran instincts of Buddy Rose were too much to overcome, as he lured Austin into the Inside Out Backbreaker to score the victory. Bret continued to be encouraging to Austin as he led him from the ring, although Austin seemed quite disappointed by the loss.

The Force Of July (The Patriot & The Eagle) vs. Genichiro Tenryu & Masahiro Chono

This was another hard hitting battle with both teams giving as good as they got. Patriot was able to hold off Tenryu long enough for Eagle to hit the Screaming Eagle (top rope missile dropkick) to give the win to the FOJ.

California Title Match : Dustin Rhodes © vs. Steven Regal

In what is something of a trend for this show, this was a ferocious brawl that spilled to the outside and went to a double countout.

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Barry Windham © vs. Shinya Hashimoto

The evening closed out with a titanic title match between the Widowmaker and the tough Japanese star. Hashimoto was able to dodge the Western Lariat, but when he attempted a DDT, Windham blocked it and turned it around into a waistlock suplex to successfully defend his title.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from McArthur Court, Eugene, January 14th

Mike Awesome vs. Steve Armstrong

Armstrong made his return to the ring, but might have wished that he hadn't as he got flattened by Awesome's power bomb.

Steve Blackman vs. Wayne Bloom

The Lethal Weapon kept his momentum going as he took out the Destruction Crew member with the running Bicycle Kick

The New Generation (Jerry Lynn, Chris Candido, Louie Spicolli, Dragon Azul & Silver King) vs. The Can-Am Express, Fit Finlay, Erin O'Grady & Brian Christopher

This was a long and epic match with all 10 men going all out. There were many high spots and near falls, and the fans were at the edge of their seats in anticipation as to just who would come out on top. Christopher seemed the least interested in cooperating with his teammates, and that wound up costing him as he walked right into the Silver Crash (rolling Fireman's Carry Slam) from Silver King and got him pinned. A major victory for the New Generation, but everyone in the match had gone up in the esteem of the fans.

Rick Steamboat vs. Curt Hennig

The last match was a tough match to follow, but these two superstars were up for the challenge. This was a rematch from San Diego Battleground and ended when Steamboat dodged the Ax Lariat from Hennig and countered with a crucifix to garner the pinfall.

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : The Midnight Express © vs. The Dreamboats (Tommy Dreamer & Glamour Boy Shane)

The young challengers did an admirable job of shutting down the trickery of Jim Cornette's men, but in the end their superior experience proved too much to overcome, with Shane going down to the Double Goozle.

Pacific Television Title Match : Brian Pillman © vs. Cactus Jack

The weekend wrapped up with another great title match. Cactus Jack had a real chip on his shoulder going in and really took it to the champ, but in the end, it was Flyin' Brian who prevailed with the Air Pillman.

Portland.

Austin hits his first snag against Chono.

The Jackal gets voted in but Cactus has an eye on him.

Haynes and the OWC are calling out every body.

Ace gets an invite to the Club.

The Rainbow Warriors are on a roll.

Gunn shows his stuff against Adams but DDP proves the difference maker.

Portland night 2.

The OWC get their first win as a trio.

Hart gets past a newly intense Scotty. Austin isn't as successful against Rose.

The Force with a big win over the dominant Syndicate.

Dustin and Windham close the show by holding onto their gold.

Eugene.

Mike with another Awesome win.

Blackman Wrecks Bloom.

The New Gen show why they are the future.

The Dragon with a Perfect counter to the Ax Lariat.

Another pair of successful defenses this time by the Midnights and Pillman.

Austin paying his dues, but one thing about PCW is they give the young guys some shine. 

Well, Jackal gets the majority vote and it doesn't look like Cactus is too keen on him. 

Haynes has put together one ruthless stable. 

Speaking of stables, the Playboy club has found an ace. 

Rainbow Warriors are quickly becoming contenders. 

Gunn shows what he can do, but having DDP in Adams corner is the difference.

Portland,

Damn, the Oregon wrecking crew is going to wreck havoc. 

Scotty gets focused and even surprises Bret a bit. 

I hope Bret can keep Austin calm. He looks like he's really down on himself. 

Big win for the FOJ. 

Dustin and Regal might have to go at it again. 

Windham is literally unstoppable. 

Eugene,

Mike's powerbomb is pretty awesome.

Blackman is as intense as ever, maybe a little more this time around.

The New Generation are going to excite PCW fans all year long.

Steamboat and Hennig put on another classic. How can you go wrong booking these guys in a match.

Dreamboats find out why the Midnights hold the gold. 

Even after a night of incredible action, Pillman always delivers in the main event. 

PCW has started the new year strong with a series of excellent shows and plenty of tasty matches. The masked man continues to mystify people, and it'll be interesting to see how long he can get away with mucking up the territory before someone pulls his mask off...

The Oregon Wrecking Crew seems to be primed to run the show this year, can anyone stop them? Barry Windham looks unstoppable as well. He might be in a league of his own at this point.

Billy Gunn vs Chris Adams was a great main event. Good stuff there!

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Oakland Alameda County Arena, Oakland, on ESPN / TSN, January 19th

The Jackal vs. Jed Hildebrand

Jackal I - Marvel Comics - Spider-Man enemy - Miles Warren - Profile -  Writeups.org

After the past few weeks of striking from out of the shadows, the mysterious Jackal made his first appearance in a match this week. The other members of the Wild Things were there at ringside to observe their newest member. I don't think either they or Hildebrand were quite ready for what he unleashed. The masked man seemed creased as he let loose an all out assault on Hildebrand, mauling the rookie with crazed offense before putting him away with the Betrayal (top rope flying legdrop). That wasn't enough for the mystery man, as even after the match he locked Hildebrand in the Claws Of The Jackal (Iron Claw) until he was pulled off by Cactus Jack. Jack seemed quite concerned with the behaviour of the Jackal, but the rest of the Wild Things were congratulating their new member on the message he had sent.

Steve Austin vs. Fit Finlay

A young Steve Austin : r/SquaredCircleFinlay

In his brief tenure on the west coast, Austin has wasted no time in getting right into the thick of things, taking on several skilled competitors. Tonight , he would be facing the tough Belfast Bruiser, and while Finlay certainly didn't take it easy on Austin, the Texan fought back with equal determination. As usual, Bret Hart was in Austin's corner, cheering him on. While Finlay was able to defeat Austin with the Rolling Hills, Austin had once again showed his potential and the fans applauded him as he left the ring.

Steve Blackman vs. Cactus Jack

WWE cult hero Steve Blackman unrecognizable as former star makes rare  public appearance alongside the Hardy Boys | The US SunMick Foley on the Cactus Jack character and his unspoken bons with fans -  Sports Illustrated

Perhaps he was trying to keep up with the energy and attitude of the Jackal, but Cactus Jack attempted a similarly frenzied attack on Blackman. Unfortunately for him, he picked the wrong man to try this approach. The Lethal Weapon kept his cool and was able to weather out the storm, dodging out of the way of some of Cactus' offense and biding his time until he hit the running Bicycle Kick for the win. Cactus might be better off fighting his own way instead of trying to match the Jackal.

The Juice Crew (Beetlejuice & Big Juice) vs. Robb Zbacnik & Ryan Aiken

Art Barr | Online World of Wrestling

We seem to be seeing a lot of the Wild Things this evening, and their new tag team of the Juice Crew unleashed their own particular brand of madness on the rookies Zbacnik and Aiken. They easily dominated the duo with a blend of power and speed, swiftly dispatching Zbacnik with the Juice Loosener (Bearhug by Big Juice into a slingshot lariat by Beetlejuice), cackling madly all the way. Something tells me that these guys are going to get along just fine with the Jackal.

Scott Hall vs. The Soultaker

Throwback to when Scott Hall had one of the greatest mustaches in all of  pro wrestling. We're all rooting for you, chico! : r/SquaredCirclePro Wrestling Stories - The Soultaker (Godfather) at the legendary Ribera  Steakhouse during his first tour of Japan, circa 1990 | Facebook

The last member of the Wild Things to have a match tonight was the sinister Soultaker, facing big Scott Hall in a battle of two powerhouses. Hall had pulled off the seemingly impossible feat of beating the Undertaker at San Diego Battleground, but the massive Soultaker was not about to be intimidated. The two rocked the ring with massive power moves, and the crowd were keen to see just who would come out on top. Unfortunately, they would not get an answer this time out, as Curt Hennig rushed out to the ring and attacked Hall, leading to a disqualification result. Disappointing, but it is likely that Hennig and Hall will have to settle their differences in the ring sooner or later.

Brian Lee vs. David Young

Brian Lee Harris — The Movie Database (TMDB) David Williams - IMDb

The evening would close out with "Bulldozer" Brian Lee facing off with a rookie who has quickly earned a name as someone not to be trifled with. "The Roughneck" David Young has made his mark with the Oregon Wrecking Crew as a ferocious competitor and he and Lee had a knock down, drag out fight with neither man holding back. Lee was able to keep out of the Spinebuster Slam but it still took a lot for him to land the Prime Time Slam to finally put down Young. Young had clearly earned Lee's respect as the Brigade member helped him up after the match and shook his hand. Whether it is as a single or part of a team, David Young is a force to be reckoned with.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Cow Palace , San Francisco,  on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN, January 20th

The Dreamboats (Tommy Dreamer & Glamour Boy Shane) vs. Scotty The Body & Johnny Ace

Ace and Tina Ferrari did all they could to keep Scotty focused on the match and not on Dreamboats manager Trisa Hayes, and for the most part, kept him in line. It still wasn't enough to keep him from missing that Shane had tagged out to Dreamer. He had Shane set up for the Body Shot (DDT), but was clotheslined from behind by Dreamer. Shane then held off Ace while Dreamer gave Scotty a Piledriver for the win. Scotty was livid as he left the ring, and it was all Ace and Tina could do to keep him from going after the Dreamboats post match.

Gary Albright vs. Alex Porteau

The Animal and the Pug had a solid technical duel that went to Albright when he pinned Porteau with a Dragon Suplex

Bret Hart vs. David Young

Young had his second match in two nights, once again giving a ferocious battle, this time with Bret Hart. He fought out of every attempt to get him in the Sharpshooter before finally being pinned after a belly to back suplex. The Hitman gave him a nod of respect before leaving the ring.

Billy Gunn vs. Buddy Rose

"The Rough Rider" Billy Gunn gave the Playboy a lot of trouble before being drawn into the Inside Out Backbreaker to give the win to Rose

Dan Severn & Maxx Payne vs. Genichiro Tenryu & Masahiro Chono

Severn was able to keep Tenryu out of the ring long enough for Payne to hit the Payne Threshold (front layout suplex) to score a major victory for the Citadel.

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : The Destruction Crew © vs. The Southern Boys

The Southern Boys continued to struggle to get back on track, failing to regain their Pacific Tag Team Titles when the Destruction Crew defeated them with the Wrecking Ball on Smothers.

Barry Windham & The Undertaker vs. Dustin Rhodes & Brian Lee

This showdown between the Neighborhood Of Evil and the Brigade exploded with Undertaker and Lee brawling outside the ring. Windham was able to take out Rhodes with the Western Lariat, but Undertaker and Lee kept at it long after the end of the match, having to be separated by other members of the Neighborhood and the Brigade.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Selland Arena, Fresno, January 21st

The New Generation (Jerry Lynn, Chris Candido, Louie Spicolli, Dragon Azul & Silver King) vs. The Jackal, The Juice Crew (Beetlejuice & Big Juice), Fit Finlay & Erin O'Grady

Once again, the New Generation had a long and exciting 10 man tag match, this time with a breakout performance from Erin O'Grady. The Leprechaun hit the Pot O' Gold (springboard bulldog) on Spicolli to get the win. Finlay enthusiastically embraced his pupil after the match, clearly proud of what he had accomplished.

Steve Blackman vs. Chris Adams

This was an incredibly close battle with Adams just barely able to dodge the running bicycle kick and hit the Superkick to pull out the win.

Toshiaki Kawada & Kensuke Sasaki vs. The Can-Am Express

Kawada and Sasaki are truly starting to gel as a team, with Sasaki pinning Lafon following a spinning forearm

Al Snow vs. Bam Bam Bigelow

Bigelow showed why he is the Beast From The East, crushing Snow with a slingshot splash

The Rainbow Warriors (Vic Steamboat & Brian Adams) & Eddie Guerrero vs. The Midnight Express & Brian Christopher

Cornette's men were their usual devious selves, plaguing their opponents with their considerable bag of tricks. Eddie was able to get one step ahead of them when it counted, dropkicking Cornette off the ringside apron before executing a rana on Christopher and rolling him up for the pinfall.

Pacific Television Title Match : Brian Pillman © vs. Dean Malenko

The evening closed with another epic match, with Flyin' Brian and the Iceman going to a 30 minute time limit draw.

Oakland.

Eventful night for the Wild Things. Jackal and the Juice Crew look strong while leader Jack goes down in defeat. Soultaker has a big match but gets interrupted.

Another tough lost for Austin.

Young gets caught in the path of the Bulldozer.

San Francisco.

Scotty just can't keep his eyes of Trisa.

A tough win for the Animal.

Young is gaining respect in defeat.

Rose shows Gunn he isn't ready to ride off into the sunset.

Severn and Payne get a bit of payback on the Syndicate.

The Southern Boys continue to struggle.

Taker and his cousin get into a real family feud.

Fresno.

He'd kill me for saying this but it's actually pretty sweet seeing Finlay get so proud of O'Grady.

Adams outkicks Blackman.

Kawada and Sasaki are putting it together.

Bigelow looks like the Beast he's meant to be.

Eddie seems comfortable with the Rainbow Warriors.

Pillman and Malenko take each other to the limit.

Wow, I never thought Cactus Jack would be the odd man out in a very strange group. The Wild Things sure bring something different to PCW. I'm liking these comic book like villains. 

I'm looking forward to the inevitable Hall/Hennig match.

Both Young and Austin have gained some serious respect thus far. 

Cow Palace,

Scotty better get focused. 

Albright can get technical or go into beast mode. Pretty scary combo for opponents. 

Gunn gives a fight but Rose is still the man. 

Severn and Payne make quite a pair. 

Destruction Crew get good timing as the Southern Boys slump continues. 

Looks like we're going to get another round of Taker and Lee. 

Fresno,

Finlay should be proud. Big night for his protege. 

Big win for Adams as he takes down a red hot Blackman. 

Kawada and Sasaki impress with a win over the established Can Ams. 

DDP's men continue to rack up wins. 

Camp Cornette isn't going to forget about Eddie. 

As always, a Pillman match sends the fans home excited and happy. 

New Generation team has some future stars as members who are really very good right now though Erin O'Grady is the star of the match.

This is a very talented roster.

Big win for Tommy Dreamer over Scotty the Body very early in his career. Can he do it again as Scotty is sure to be back.

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Olympic Auditorium , Los Angeles , on ESPN / TSN, January 26th

The Southern Boys vs. The Juice Crew (Beetlejuice & Big Juice)

Rasslin' History 101 on Twitter: "Those "Wild-Eyed Southern Boys":Tracy  Smothers and Steve Armstrong circa late-1980's https://t.co/lWjQI5n5E3" /  Twitter Art Barr | Online World of Wrestling

The Southern Boys have taken quite a tumble in the past couple of months, not only losing the Pacific Tag Team Titles and their manager Sunshine, but sustaining several beatings at the hands of their former friend Billy Jack Haynes and his Oregon Wrecking Crew. Since then, Armstrong and Smothers have struggled to get in gear, and the Juice Crew eagerly took advantage of that. Not a good idea to show weakness in front of a hungry and bizarre team like Beetlejuice and Big Juice, who ran the Southern Boys ragged before taking down Armstrong with the Juice Loosener (Bearhug by Big Juice into a slingshot lariat by Beetlejuice). Hard times for the Southern Boys, but hopefully, they can recover.

The Dreamboats (Tommy Dreamer & Glamour Boy Shane) vs. Daniel Lue & Roger Sexton

Tommy Dreamer on X: "I used to put pro tan on my body nothing on my face  Now I tan my face & nothing on my body #ECW #armheat  https://t.co/PQ3TbfuODg" / XGareth Prichard Jr on X: "Day 15: “Do you know what time it is?”.... was  what you heard before Shane “The Glamour Boy” made his entrance. Another  one of those foreigners who

In a very busy first few weeks of 1989 in PCW, the Dreamboat have emerged as a team to watch, and not just because of their manager, the lovely Trisa Hayes. They have impressed the fans and pulled off some high profile victories, including over members of the Playboy Club. Those victories clearly didn't sit well with said members of the Club, as Scotty The Body, Johnny Ace and Tina Ferrari came out before the match started and gave the evil eye to Trisa Hayes. Trisa didn't flinch and just gave them back a glare of her own until the Dreamboats interposed themselves and the Playboy Club returned to the locker room. The Dreamboats then proceeded to make short work of their opposition, with Dreamer forcing Lue to tap out to the Dream Weaver (modified sleeper hold). The Dreamboats are riding on a wave of success, but will have to expect some sort of confrontation with the Playboy Club sooner or later.

Bret Hart & Steve Austin vs. Billy Jack Haynes & David Young

Bret "The Hitman" Hart - An Evening with the WWE Wrestling Legend -  Tidemark TheatreA young Steve Austin : r/SquaredCircleBilly Jack Haynes (@BJHWrestling) / TwitterDavid Williams - IMDb

Someone else who has made a strong impression in PCW has been Bret Hart's young pupil Steve Austin. While he has faced some tough losses but has shown considerable promise, and his mentor would be by his side for this tag match with members of the Oregon Wrecking Crew. Bret had tested Young's mettle last week, and was full of advice for Austin as he tangled with the "Roughneck". Austin acquitted himself well against Young, but was unable to hit the Stun Gun before Young tagged out to Haynes. Billy Jack levelled Austin with a clothesline, then executed several power moves before hitting the Shoulder Breaker to finish him off. Bret swept in after the match to discourage Haynes from inflicting any further damage, and the look in his eyes convinced the OWC to take him seriously and make a tactical withdrawal. I doubt anyone is going to try to mess with Austin as long as Hart is looking out for him.

Stormfront (Al Snow & Alex Porteau) vs. Fit Finlay & Erin O'Grady

Leif Cassidy | Ring the Damn Bellimage.jpeg.2899852a305fa06798d1ec416bc14978.jpegFinlayMasked Republic on X: "@ryansatin “Leprechaun” Erin O'Grady circa 1997 (pre  Crash Holly) - official @allprowrestling headshot. https://t.co/qnI8bMcVGd"  / X

The duo of Snow and Porteau has been making a determined push to get a shot at one of the two tag titles on the West Coast. They have certainly been coming on strong in any tag match they have had. Their opponents tonight are the Belfast Bruiser and his feisty apprentice. O'Grady managed to get some good shots in before Porteau was able to pin him following a takeover suplex. Stormfront aren't going to be satisfied until they get that title shot.

Mike Awesome vs. Ryan Shoulders

Mike Alfonso - IMDb 

In spite of their troubles with the Dreamboats, the Playboy Club have been walking tall, intimidating their opposition with their hard line attitude. A big part of this has been one of their newest members, the menacing Mike Awesome. "Playboy" Buddy Rose accompanied Awesome to the ring and was clearly pleased as punch with his new charge's fearsome reputation. Awesome proved Rose's faith in him was well founded, destroying Shoulders with crushing power moves and polishing him off with a devastating power bomb. Mike Awesome certainly been living up to his hype … and his name.

Barry Windham & Curt Hennig vs. Dustin Rhodes & Billy Gunn

Barry Windham: Profile & Match Listing - Internet Wrestling Database (IWD)Hi, My Name is: Mr. Perfect, Curt Hennig - Cageside SeatsDustin Rhodes (Character) - Giant BombBIO/Profil Billy Gunn

It didn't take long for the youngest member of the Brigade to jump into the fire of their feud with the Neighborhood Of Evil. Billy Gunn had his fellow Texan Dustin Rhodes by his side as he squared off with the Pacific Heavyweight Champ and Mr. Perfect, but he wasn't about to let himself get pushed around by his more experienced opponents. He gave a good accounting of himself against the Neighborhood, but his luck ran out when he ran right into a precision dropkick to the face by Hennig that stopped him in his track. Hennig then started to fire away with his Perfect offense, but that wound up being cut short when Scott Hall charged into the ring and attacked him. Hall was retaliating for Hennig's attack last week, but this wound up costing his colleagues the match by DQ, and Rhodes and Gunn had to pull Hall off Mr. Perfect. This feud is rapidly heating up to an incandescent level.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the LA Sports Arena, Los Angeles, on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN, January 27th

Kensuke Sasaki vs. The Soultaker

The Soultaker pinned the Japanese rookie following the Exorcism (spine snapper backbreaker).

The Force Of July (The Patriot & The Eagle) vs. The Juice Crew (Beetlejuice & Big Juice)

The Juice Crew showed what they were made of when they gave the highly rated masked team a hell of a fight before the Patriot took Beetlejuice down with the Patriot Missile.

Billy Gunn vs. Genichiro Tenryu

Tenryu brought down Gunn with an Enzuigiri

Shinya Hashimoto vs. Cactus Jack

Hashimoto defeated the unpredictable Cactus Jack with a leaping spike DDT

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : The Destruction Crew © vs. Stormfront (Al Snow & Alex Porteau)

This was a ferocious match that ended in a no contest with all four men in the ring slugging it out and ignoring the ref.

Barry Windham, The Undertaker & Curt Hennig vs. Scott Hall, Dustin Rhodes & Brian Lee

After last night, it would be no surprise that this was a crazy brawl, with Hall being the one to get the win for the Brigade with the Gator Breaker (Fallaway Slam) on Hennig. Once again, his partners had to pull him off Hennig after the match.

Pacific Coast Wrestling Show from the UCSB Event Center, Santa Barbara, January 28th

The New Generation (Jerry Lynn, Chris Candido, Louie Spicolli, Dragon Azul & Silver King) vs. The Can-Am Express, The Midnight Express & Brian Christopher

The New Generation continued their run of standout 10 man matches with another highlight performance. Once again, Brian Christopher couldn't seem to keep himself in check, with even his comrades in the Midnight Express unable to rein him in from going after Silver King. This led him to run right into the Silver Kick (Superkick) and give the win to the New Generation.

Eddie Guerrero vs. The Jackal

After Guerrero hit a crazy dive on the Jackal outside the ring, neither man was able to make it back into the ring in time, leading to a double countout decision.

Toshiaki Kawada vs. Mike Awesome

Despite a determined effort from Kawada, Awesome ultimately prevailed with a Power Bomb

Steve Blackman vs. Erin O'Grady

The Lethal Weapon was able to put down the pugnacious Leprechaun with a thrust kick out of the corner.

Vic Steamboat vs. Masahiro Chono

Chono was able to pin the Demon following a Samoan Drop

2/3 Falls Pacific Television Title Match : Brian Pillman © vs. Dean Malenko

Malenko took the first fall with a  Natural Bridge. Pillman came back to even things up with a spinning wheel kick. Pillman took the final fall with a DDT to successfully defend his title.

LA.

Juice Crew score big win over former champs.

The Dreamboats are on a roll but the Playboy Club are out to bring them to a halt.

Hart asserts himself as Austin's protector.

Stormfront outfight the fighting Irishmen,

When Awesome puts you down, you never come up.

Hall is itching for a piece of Hennig.

LA night 2.

Soultaker claims another victim.

The Force, Tenryu & Hashimoto are score solid wins.

The DC & Stormfront with a wild title match.

Hall is really losing control.

Santa Barbara.

The Next Generation continues to rise.

Eddie shows the Jackal he still knows how to get Wild.

Awesome continues to roll the competition.

Blackman puts down the feisty O'Ryan.

Chono defeats The Demon.

Pillman comes from behind to retain his title. 

Brian Pillman vs Dean Malenko and Steve Austin/Bret Hart vs Billy Jack/David Young stole the show this week. Both were excellent matches. Mike Awesome is also hot out of the gates and has started the year impressively. 

New Generation is stacked. If they stick together, the sky is the limit.

You aren't lying, the Southern Boys have hit rock bottom. They might be down now, but I'm not counting them out just yet. 

Dreamboats vs. Playboy Club, their names alone sell this feud LOL. 

With Bret as his mentor, this Austin kid has a chance. 

Yea, I would say Stormfront is ready for a title shot. 

Mike really is awesome. 

Bring on more of Hall and Hennig. 

LA,

Sasaki might've been thrown off by Soultaker's look. 

My guys the FOJ are still in title contention. 

Tenryu and Hashimoto continue to rack up impressive wins. 

Stormfront get their shot and might get another one. They're hot on Destruction Crew's tail. 

Damn, Hall has been putting some beatings on Hennig. 

Santa Barbara,

The New Generation have been a highlight. Big win over the vets. 

The Jackal is nuts but Eddie can get a little wild himself. 

Awesome gets some stiffer competition and still comes out on top. 

Blackman has been on fire. 

Chono beats Vic tonight, but I want to see him and Ricky go at it again. 

As always, Pillman ends the night on a high note. Props to Malenko for a gallant effort.