Pro Wrestling Only

USWA

spaldoni

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Roanne Fieldhouse 12-13-84

TN.jpg.2e36f543dc293d122df550faa084a3e9.jpg

A music video is shown of highlights from WrestleStorm 84. Highlights include Tom Prichard winning the battle royal. The Movement interfering and helping Roosevelt Jones defeat George Wells in a ghetto street fight. Later, The Movement enlist Sonny King to manage Jones. Adonis and Murdoch retain the TNT titles defeating The Roughnecks. Rick Martel debuts and defeats Jumbo Tsuruta. Super Samoans beat the Cuban Assassins in a tornado match. Carlos Colon beats Hercules Ayala for the Brass Knuckles title. Solidarity upsets the Fabulous Ones for the AWA Southern tag titles. Curt Hennig sends Tully Blanchard packing by defeating him in a last man standing match. Ted Dibiase retains the AWA World title by defeating Buddy Landel. And Jerry Lawler revealed Jerry Blackwell as his mystery partner and they went on to defeat Dundee, Idol and Dream Machine in a steel cage bout. 

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of TNT wrestling here on the USA Network. Well as you just saw, WrestleStorm 84 was a huge success and a historic night for TNT wrestling. All I can say is I cant wait for WrestleStorm 85. We've got a big night of wrestling tonight. Because he won the battle royal at WrestleStorm, Tom Prichard will get his TNT title shot tonight against Bill Dundee. Also tonight will be a tag team battle royal and the winners will face the TNT tag champs Adrian Adonis and Dick Murdoch next week on our special Christmas show. More on that later. And Jerry Blackwell makes his TNT televised debut. Fans let's get to the ring. 

TNT Brass Knuckles Champ Carlos Colon vs. Gary Williams

The fans cheer as the new brass knuckles champ makes his way to the ring. The match is all Colon. He swings Williams to the ropes and flips him over with a knee to the mid section. Colon climbs to the top rope. Williams staggers up and Colon nails him with a flying clothesline to get the pin! The fans cheer as Colon holds his brass knuckles title high. 

Colon cuts a promo and says he came here for the hard hitting competition and will take on TNT's toughest. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: As mentioned earlier, next week TNT will present a special Christmas gift for the fans. On that show every title will be defended. The winner of tonight's TNT title bout between Dundee and Prichard will defend the TNT title against Jerry Lawler! Austin Idol will defend the TV title against Rick Martel. Solidarity will defend the AWA Southern tag titles against The Super Samoans. Carlos Colon will defend the brass knuckles title against Boris Zhukov and the winners of tonight's tag battle royal will get a TNT tag title shot. Should be a fun night....

Boos as Johnny Valiant comes out.

Valiant: Hold on just a minute baby. I'm here to make a bombshell of an announcement. That's right, I have acquired the rights to none other than The Amazing Ricky Vaughn! 

Boos as Vaughn arrogantly walks out in a glitter robe.

vaughn.png.197b919c0e8a67a4c75f889d2e525a90.png

Footage is shown from WrestleStorm as Vaughn attacks his partner McGhee during the battle royal and rams him into the steel post. 

Valiant: This phenomenal wrestler was held back by that loser Scott McGhee. Well now he gets the spotlight he deserves. I'm taking him to the stars and it starts now.

"The Amazing" Ricky Vaughn w/Johnny Valiant vs. Steve Rooney 

Vaughn works over Rooney with ease then slaps his face. Vaughn swings Rooney to the turnbuckles and charges in with a clothesline. Vaughn suplexes him back then goes to the top rope and hits a diving knee drop for the win! 

Boos as Valiant raises Vaughn's arm. Vaughn points to himself and holds up the number one sign. 

Commercial Break 

TNT Tag Champs Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis vs. Sam and Sean Smith

The champs make quick work of their opponents as Murdoch hits a brainbuster on Sam then tags in Adonis. Adonis clamps on the Goodnight Irene and gets the win! The fans boo as they head to the podium. 

Lance: Ok champs, you will be defending the titles against tonight's battle royal winners. 

Murdoch: Who cares who wins tonight because the only thing they win is an ass whip'n by us! 

Adonis: That's exactly right! There's nobody man enough to take these titles and we're going to prove that once again come next week.

Murdoch: Bring em on! 

Lance: Ok they seem focused and ready. Fans, at WrestleStorm Mike Shaw and DJ Peterson were unable to participate in the battle royal. I understand we have some footage of what went down in the hallway right before the battle royal. 

Footage is shown of the Blonde Bombers (Jerry Grey and Steve Regal) attack Shaw and DJ. They beat them with chairs and slam them against the walls. 

Boos as Johnny Valiant once again comes out with his Blonde Bombers. 

Lance: Just what was that all about. 

Valiant: The theme tonight is that Valiant's men are no longer taking a back seat to anyone! Fat Shaw and Dumb DJ announced they were forming a team, well good for them but my Blonde Bombers are a real tag team and what you just saw was a statement. Those idiots want to be a tag team? Well my Blonde Bombers showed them what a real team is all about.

Lance: Ok, well both of those teams will be in the battle royal. I don't think that was a smart move. The battle royal is next.

Commercial Break 

TAG TEAM BATTLE ROYAL- Winner gets a TNT tag title shot 

Teams- Rolling Thunder (Shaw/DJ), The Blonde Bombers, The Cuban Assassins, High Octane (Poffo/Savoldi), Gino Brito and Tony Parisi, The Oates Wrecking Crew, Roughnecks, and Curt and Larry Hennig! 

When one member of a team is eliminated, the team is eliminated.

The bell rings and it's chaos! Rolling Thunder go right after the Blonde Bombers and pound away. The Oates are fighting with Brito and Parisi, High Octane and The Roughnecks are trading blows. The Hennigs and Cuban Assassins are going at it. 

Brito and Parisi are eliminated as Ted Oates throws Parisi over the top rope.

High Octane and The Roughnecks are both eliminated as all four men fight over the top rope. 

Blonde Bombers are eliminated as Shaw and DJ hoist Grey up and toss him onto the floor.

Cuban Assassins are eliminated as the Hennig's double clothesline them over the top

Steve Regal and Johnny Valiant jump into the ring and attack Shaw. DJ runs over and shoulder blocks them through the ropes. While that is happening, the Oates take advantage and throw Shaw over the top. 

It's down to the Oates and Hennigs. Both teams hammer away on each other. Gene Anderson is on the outside cheering his team on. Oates take Larry down and proceed to double team Curt. They hang him over the rope and try to hoist him over. Larry gets up. Gene shouts at his men. Ted looks back and gets clotheslined over the top rope just as Curt regroups and back drops Jerry over the top rope! 

The fans roar as Larry and Curt Hennig celebrate while Gene is throwing a fit. 

Commercial Break

Lance: Larry and Curt, come on over. Wow! Congratulations. It's really good to see you two together.

Curt: Lance, now that our issues with Tully Blanchard are all over, my Dad and I decided to have some fun and team up. 

Larry: I still have some fight left and I want to make the most of it by teaming with my son. The Hennig's are back together for one more run! 

Lance: Unbelievable. Back to the ring. 

Roosevelt Jones w/Sonny King vs. "Downtown" Denny Brown 

Before the bell rings, King says something to Jones and Jones runs over and nails Denny from behind. Jones throws Denny out of the ring and follows. King is shouting encouragement as Jones stomps away. Jones picks up Denny and rams him headfirst into the steel post, busting Denny open. Jones picks up Denny and slams him on the concrete. Jones gets up on the apron and is ready to jump down on Denny but Cocoa Samoa runs out and gets in front of Denny and warns Jones. Officials come out to stop this. 

Commercial Break

Lance: Oh my, Denny Brown was stretchered out of here. Thank goodness Cocoa Samoa showed up. 

Boos as Sonny King and Roosevelt Jones come out.

King: I told you and all these idiots, Roosevelt Jones was going to get his due. The Movement in TNT is alive and well. Denny Brown was just a victim and Cocoa Samoa, you want to stick your nose in our business?

Jones: That just means you're next boy! Just ask George Wells what happens when you cross the movement. 

Lance: A very dangerous twosome indeed. Well joining me now are the new AWA Southern tag champs, Carl Fergie and Gary Young along with Art Crews and Mark Fleming collectively known as Solidarity. Well with a little help, you guys managed to upset the Fabulous Ones at WrestleStorm. 

Fergie: All for one 

Young/Crews/Fleming: And one for all! 

Fergie: We did it Lance! We really did it! Solidarity are the new AWA Southern tag team champions. And guess what? Since we are a unit we get to pull out the Freebird rule.

Young: That's right, the Freebird rule.

Crews: Yea, the Freebird rule

Fleming: (smiling and nodding) the Freebird rule

Fergie: That means any one from Solidarity can defend these here titles. So next week, Super Samoans, you just don't know which two members of Solidarity you'll be facing. (Laughs) Ah the beauty of being in a group and the perks of being champions. 

All of them: Solidarity! 

Commercial Break

Hercules Ayala storms the podium.

ayala.jpg.c5833d3387eef59bc5dd45003733e725.jpg

Ayala: Why don't I get the rematch with that gutless Colon next week!?!? Why?! Because he's afraid! That's my title Colon! 

Ayala yells at Lance. 

The fans cheer as Jerry Blackwell comes out for his TNT televised debut.

blackwell.jpg.266179788a7827d58b1d2d444d032f3e.jpg

Ayala storms towards the back but stops as Blackwell is standing in front of him. Ayala yells and points at Blackwell. Ayala walks by as Blackwell stares at him. Blackwell heads towards the ring WHAM! Ayala nails him from behind! Ayala gets him down and just pounds away on his head with closed fists. Ayala keeps pounding away until Carlos Colon runs out and stops it! Ayala warns Colon as he backs away. 

Lance: Wow, what a night it's been. I...

Boos as Gene Anderson comes out. 

Gene: This will be short and simple. First off, those Hennig's don't know what family unity is all about. The Oates Wrecking Crew know exactly what that's about and they're going to show the Hennig's what family unity is all about. Next up, I'm so disgusted on how Jumbo Tsuruta has been treated here since his arrival that I've decided he needed time away from TNT until his unfair treatment gets resolved. He's going back to Japan until further notice. That is all! 

Lance: Boy tensions are high tonight. Before we come back for the  TNT title main event, let's hear from  Jerry "The King' Lawler, who was at a special autograph signing.  

Lawler: I cant tell you how sweet WrestleStorm 84 was. I cant tell you how fun it was as Jerry Blackwell and myself totally dismantled Dundee, Idol and Dream Machine. Next week I get to finally have a chance at regaining the TNT title. Dundee, if you're lucky enough to get past Prichard tonight then you get me next week. I've got you just where I want you! 

Commercial Break 

TNT Title Bout

"Superstar" Bill Dundee (C) vs. "The Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard

dundee.jpg.13ef523972778f5994d1bfb498397407.jpgVS prichard.jpg.5cdbf42f3d5f82121d5369bb1ff81f33.jpg

Dundee's ribs are taped but he still manages to taunt the fans and Prichard as he holds up his title. The bell rings and Dundee is yelling and pointing at Prichard. Dundee turns his attention to the booing fans. Prichard swings Dundee around and unloads with punches, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Dundee staggers up and Prichard puts him down with a running forearm blast. Prichard hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a forearm drop 1..2..Kick Out. Prichard reaches down but Dundee grabs his tights and hurls him through the ropes. 

Dundee regroups. Prichard hops on the apron. As he enters the ring, Dundee nails him with a knee to the head. Dundee picks Prichard up and vertical suplexes him back. Dundee swings off the ropes and drops an elbow 1..2..Kick Out. Dundee chokes Prichard on the middle ropes, then runs back and hits a body guillotine. Dundee body slams Prichard and climbs to the top rope. Dundee goes for a flying knee drop but Prichard moves! 

Prichard regroups. They both stagger up. Prichard punches Dundee then swings him to the turnbuckles and charges in with a running shoulder thrust. Prichard hits Dundee with several shoulder thrusts then hip tosses him over. The fans boo as Dream Machine comes out and circles the ring. Prichard gives him a warning point. Prichard swings Dundee to the ropes and drop kicks him down. Prichard hops on the middle ropes and nails Dundee with a elbow drop 1..2..Dundee gets his shoulder up. 

Prichard body slams Dundee then picks him up and sets him on the top turnbuckle. Prichard hops up and goes for a Superplex. Just as Prichard has Dundee up, Dream Machine reaches in and trips Prichard. Dundee falls on top 1..2..3! 

Massive boos as Dream Machine runs in the ring and helps Dundee up. The Ref hands Dundee the TNT title and Dundee holds it up as the boos reign down. 

Next Week's Special Christmas Gift to the fans TV Special

TNT Title Bout 

"Superstar" Bill Dundee (C) vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler 

AWA Southern Tag Title Bout 

Solidarity (C) vs. The Super Samoans 

TV Title Bout 

"The Universal Heartthrob" Austin idol (C) vs. Rick Martel 

Brass Knuckles Title Bout 

Carlos Colon (C) vs. Boris Zhukov w/Ratamyus

TNT Tag Title Bout 

Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis (C) vs. Curt and Larry Hennig 

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must say that I was rooting for the Hennigs in the big tag match.  Looking for ward to seeing them go for the title.

Nice development of Ricky Vaughn.  I think he really needed a manager in real life as he was not great on the mic

Roosevelt Jones is one of my favorite character developments in the entire game.

Knocking down Blackwell is a bug accomplishment for Ayala.... wonder if Colon will be next.

Prichard should have known that he wasn't going to get a fair shot with Dundee... think the Dr. needs some  friends.

Wow... TNT is giving away a major card for the fans on Christmas

• 2 weeks later...

TNT Special Christmas Gift to the Fans TV Show @ The Roanne Fieldhouse 

TN.jpg.2e36f543dc293d122df550faa084a3e9.jpg279019981_usa.jpg.4613b5e5bcdb2c512660b0655a271e87.jpg

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to a very special TNT program here on the USA Network. You will see 5 title matches tonight. That's right, 5 title matches! Before we get to the action I want to bring out the owner of TNT, Mr. Jerry Jarrett. Jerry I understand you have a major announcement to make. 

Jarrett: Thank you Lance. First I want to say how much I enjoyed TNT wrestling and the tremendous success the promotion had working under the AWA banner in 1984. As you know the wrestling industry is changing at a rapid pace. For the past few weeks I've been in meetings with Verne Gagne and the USA network executives. After some serious talks, the USA network felt it was time for TNT to withdraw from the AWA and become it's own entity. I pondered this for quite a while and then had a one on one meeting with Verne Gagne. The meeting ended with a handshake. So I want to officially announce that as of January 1st, 1985, TNT will become the United States Wrestling Association, the USWA. There will be a lot of talent coming in and going out. I will give you a full agenda in the days to come. I want to thank all the fans who supported the TNT brand. 1985 will be a great year as the USWA will bring you non stop action here on the USA network. In the meantime, enjoy tonight's incredible action. 

Lance: Oh my! Big news indeed. Well I have to say TNT will end with a bang with tonight's program. Very exciting times ahead. Well, let's get to the ring. 

AWA Southern Tag Team Title Bout

Solidarity (Carl Fergie and Gary Young) (C) vs. The Super Samoans (Tui and Sakalia) 

The Samoans head towards the ring. WHAM! Their attacked by the Oates Wrecking Crew! The Oates beat them down then slam their heads into the steel post. They double slam Tui on the concrete then do the same to Sakalia. The Oates leave the Samoans laid out and bleeding.

Commercial Break 

Lance: I don't know what that was all about...

Solidarity (Fergie, Young, Crews and Fleming) come out to boos. 

Fergie: Well I guess we retain the titles. Solidarity my brothers! 

Young, Crews, Fleming: Solidarity! 

Lance: Just a minute. During the break, I was informed you will be defending those belts, right now. Your challengers are due in the ring. 

The fans explode as the Fabulous Ones come out! 

Fergie: No! We beat them fair and square to win these belts! This isn't fair! 

Lance: (smiling) Well it's official and you better get in there. 

AWA Southern Tag Team Title Bout 

Solidarity (C) vs. The Fabulous Ones 

Crews and Fleming are on the apron yelling at the Fabs. The fans are booing. Crews and Fleming turn around and yell at the fans. Fergie and Young join in. The bell rings and the Fabs don't waste any time. They double dropkick Young from behind and he goes through the ropes. They send Crews and Fleming flying off the apron with forearm blasts. They swing Fergie to the ropes and double back drop him. Keirn picks him up, swings him into a superkick from Lane 1..2..3!!!! 

Mega Pop!!! 

The fans go crazy as the Ref gives the Fabs the belts. The Fabs hold them high as the crowd goes crazy! 

The winners and NEW AWA Southern tag team champs, The Fabulous Ones! 

fabs.jpg.c8c7ad79abd9b98113f9b45e08d39aed.jpg

Commercial Break 

Lance: Wow! The Fabulous Ones have regained the AWA Southern tag titles. I'm not sure what the future holds for those titles but right now the Fabulous Ones can enjoy the moment. Back to the ring. 

Brass Knuckles Title Bout 

Carlos Colon (C) vs. Boris Zhukov w/Ratamyus 

The bell rings and Boris is on the attack. Colon fights back and knocks Boris threw the ropes. Colon goes out after him but Ratamyus jumps him from behind. Colon turns around and hammers away then throws Ratamyus across the floor. WHAM! Hercules Ayala nails Colon from behind! Ayala pounds away on Colon. Boris gets up and grabs his chain. Ayala holds Colon and Boris nails Colon with the chain! Boris chokes Colon with the chain as the bell rings. Ayala is kicking Colon as the fans boo. 

The boos turn to a thundering roar as SGT. SLAUGHTER runs out!!!!!! 

slaughter.jpg.285d7107cab2e2f20a1a3355c9bf377e.jpg

Slaughter clotheslines Ayala from behind! Boris doesn't have time to react as Slaughter clotheslines him down! Ratamyus gets up and runs towards Slaughter but Slaughter grabs him and clamps on the cobra clutch! He swings him around and throws him into Boris as the fans go wild! 

Commercial Break

Lance: Fans, Sgt. Slaughter has arrived! He helped Carlos Colon out of here. The last thing Boris Zhukov, Ratamyus and Hercules Ayala were expecting was Sgt. Slaughter. Unbelievable! Another title bout is ready to go. 

TV Title Bout 

"The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol (C) vs. Rick Martel 

Idol gets a lot of heat tonight while the fans give Martel a lot of love. Great back and forth match as the tide turns several times. Idol has Martel in trouble as he puts him down with a back elbow smash. Idol hits a vertical suplex and follows with a standing leg drop 1..2..Kick Out. Idol hoists Martel up and goes for a shin breaker but Martel flips over and dropkicks Idol from behind. Martel fires up and scoop slams Idol. idol staggers up and Martel scoop slams him again. Martel swings Idol hard into the turnbuckles and follows with an overhead back suplex. Martel goes outside on the apron and hits the slingshot splash ding ding ding! 10 minutes wasn't enough time as the TV time limit expires. 

Martel and the fans are disappointed. Idol is laid out as the Ref sets the title on his chest. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Martel had the title within his grasp. Just another 3 seconds and I think he had the match won. I'm sure he'll get a rematch after that tremendous showing. TNT tag title match is up next. 

TNT Tag Team Title Bout 

Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis (C) vs. Curt and Larry Hennig 

The Hennigs won the tag team battle royal to earn this shot. 

Good match going. Curt works a majority of the match but Larry has his moments displaying his power. Adonis and Murdoch show of their brilliant teamwork and work Curt over pretty good. Curt finally makes the hot tag to his Dad! Larry clotheslines both Murdoch and Adonis. Murdoch rolls out of the ring as Larry works over Adonis. Larry hits a running powerslam 1..2..Murdoch runs in and kicks Larry. Curt runs in and nails Murdoch with a beautiful high dropkick. Larry body slams Adonis and tags in Curt. Curt works over Adonis. 

There's a commotion from the fans. 

Lance: wait a minute! That's Baby Doll. What's she doing out here? 

doll.jpg.6aaae5270da9110c0b1a1222b8793cec.jpg

Baby Doll distracts Curt which allows Adonis to tag in Murdoch. Murdoch charges but Curt hip tosses him and follows with a running neck snap. Curt grabs Murdoch and executes the Northern Lights suplex 1..2..Adonis breaks it. Larry runs in and pounds Adonis to the corner. The Ref is tied up with Larry and Adonis. Curt gets up but Baby Doll runs in the ring and hits him with a loaded purse! Murdoch rolls over and covers. The Ref runs over 1..2..3! 

BOOS as Baby Doll smiles and leaves. Larry attends to his son as Murdoch and Adonis roll out of the ring and grab their titles. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: I don't know why Baby Doll was out here and what her interest was in that match but she helped Adonis and Murdoch retain the TNT titles. What a shame. Well fans our main event has a lot of history. Let's take a look. 

A video music montage is shown of the Dundee/Lawler feud. 

TNT Title Bout 

"Superstar" Bill Dundee (C) vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler 

The fans have been waiting for this one on one title bout since Dundee won the title from Lawler a few months ago. The Ref holds up the title as Dundee is pointing and yelling at Lawler. Boos as the Dream Machine comes out. Cheers as the Ref bans Dream from the match. Dream throws a fit as Security comes out and escorts him away. 

Dundee is throwing a fit as the bell rings. Lawler swings Dundee around and pounds away with fists. Lawler swings Dundee into the turnbuckles. Dundee hits hard and staggers out as Lawler back drops him. Dundee staggers up and Lawler puts him down with a big right fist 1..2..Kick Out. Lawler reaches down but Dundee grabs his singlet and pulls him through the ropes. 

Dundee regroups. Lawler gets on the apron but Dundee sends him flying with a high knee. Dundee goes to the outside, picks up Lawler and slams his head on the apron and rolls him back in the ring. Dundee chokes Lawler on the bottom rope then swings back and hits a body guillotine. Dundee executes a backbreaker 1..2..Kick Out. Dundee stomps on the back then hits a vertical suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Dundee yells at the Ref. Dundee chokes Lawler and breaks at the 4 count. Dundee repeats this then slams Lawler. Dundee hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee drop 1..2..Lawler gets his shoulder up. Dundee is furious as he holds up 3 fingers to the Ref. Dundee stomps on Lawler then slams him. Dundee climbs to the top rope but argues with the fans. Dundee goes for the Bombs Away but Lawler moves! 

Both men are down then start to stagger up. Lawler hits Dundee then hits him again then lowers his strap and the fans go wild as he unloads on Dundee! Lawler grabs Dundee by his hair, holds him then drops him with a big right fist. Lawler hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a fist drop 1..2..NO! Lawler pulls Dundee up! 

Lance: What is Lawler doing? He had the match won.

Lawler shakes his head NO. The fans cheer as Lawler hoists Dundee up and piledrives him down! Once again Lawler shakes his head NO. Lawler hoists Dundee up again and again PILESRIVES him down! 1..2..3!!!!! 

MASSIVE POP!!!! 

Lawler stands up and holds his arms up to the roaring fans. The Ref hands him the title and Lawler raises it high as the fans are on their feet cheering.

The winner and NEW TNT champion, Jerry The King Lawler! 

lawler.jpg.7202793afa6a4c006d2626dc2929d3ac.jpg

Lance: What a way to end the year and what a way to end TNT. Fans what can I say, 1984 has been an amazing year. It will only get better as the USWA kicks off 1985. 

Looking forward to USWA

Great opening as the Samoans get jumped by the Fab Ones step in and Win the belts.  Fab Ones are a great choice to hold the belts

Great first appearance by Sarge.  He is much better as a fan favorite then a heel

Looking forward to Martel and Idol going more than 10 minutes.  That is a fun match up

Interesting pairing with Baby Doll joining Murdoch and Adonis.  I think Baby Doll could have used a fist instead of a purse.  She was one big lady.  She is going to cause chaos in the USWA

Dundee vs Lawler... What a way to end TNT and head to 1985!

• spaldoni changed the title to USWA

United States Wrestling Association NEWS

uswa.jpg.5d95a85fc62a22bdaa41dd96698d75cf.jpg

More big news coming out of the USWA. With all the recent happenings in the AWA, Jerry Jarrett has worked a deal with Bill Watts to acquire the WCCW territory. The USWA will consist of both the former TNT and WCCW territories and will be broadcast every week on the USA Network. Jarrett said the TV shows would be moved to the Civic Auditorium in Knoxville TN. He feels this will give the USWA an updated look and feel. He's also excited to announce that occasional TV shows will be coming from the historic Sportatorium in Dallas. 

Jarrett's first order of business is to crown the first USWA Heavyweight Champion. He has decided that the final TNT champ Jerry Lawler will face the final WCCW champ Nick Bockwinkel in a winner take all unification match. 

Austin Idol will remain TV champ and Kerry Von Erich will remain Central States Champ. 

A tournament will crown the Central States Tag Team Champs.

The Brass Knuckles title will be retired. Since Carlos Colon was the champ, he will receive a guaranteed USWA title shot in the near future. 

Jarrett will determine the USWA Tag Team champs by setting up a match between the last AWA World champs, The Movement and the last AWA Southern tag champs, The Fabulous Ones.

The TNT tag titles will be retired. Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis were outraged by this decision. They felt they should of been in the title match but Jarrett explained the AWA titles had more history and said Adonis and Murdoch would get a future title shot. Murdoch responded by throwing his title on the ground and quitting. Adonis said he may or may not be back. 

Stay tuned as Lance Russell will bring you the USWA each and every week. 

USWA Wrestling TV @ The Civic Auditorium, Knoxville TN 1-3-85

The intro is a montage of USWA wrestlers in action while Def Leppard's Rock Rock Til You Drop is playing. 

Lance: Hello everybody and happy new year! Welcome to the historic first episode of USWA wrestling here on the USA network. The USWA promises to bring you non stop action week in and week out. We have an outstanding show for you. You'll see Sgt. Slaughter taking on Boris Zhukov. Jerry Blackwell goes one on one with Hercules Ayala. Dream Machine takes on Mr. Wrestling 2. All that plus the Central States Champ Kerry Von Erich and a whole lot more. Before we get to the action, please welcome out the owner of the USWA, Jerry Jarrett. 

Jarrett comes out smiling and waves to the fans. 

Jarrett: Thank you Lance. I'm so very pleased the USWA is now firing on all cylinders. I have a big announcement. In 2 weeks at the Jackson Coliseum there will be two big matches to determine our USWA champions. First, the last holders of the TNT tag titles, the Fabulous Ones will take on the last holders of the AWA world tag titles, the Movement and the winners will be declared the USWA tag team champions. The main event will see the last WCCW champ Nick Bockwinkel take on the last TNT champ Jerry Lawler in a unification match for the USWA Heavyweight championship. History will be made in Jackson on January 18th.

Boos as Nick Bockwinkel walks out. Bock is wearing a suit and has the WCCW belt on his shoulder. He walks to the podium and looks out at the crowd with distain.

bockwinkel.jpg.dc4e52d5e7315d11b9084d15ece22014.jpg

Bock: Jerry Jarrett, with all due respect, I cannot believe you are actually going through with this sham. The entire wrestling world knows that I am the real undisputed champion. I dominated WCCW and simply put my record there says it all. Without any doubt, I stand here as the true champion. Jerry Lawler is a second rate peon and quite frankly I think you and him are in cahoots. You would love nothing more than for your golden boy to represent your promotion. A class act like Bill Dundee was a fighting champion but of course you made him defend the TNT title when he was injured and of course that scoundrel Lawler took advantage. Lawler, you should be ashamed of yourself. I'm asking you to be a man and come out here to hand over your title and forfeit our match. Bottom line is you simply don't deserve this opportunity. 

Massive cheers as Jerry Lawler comes out with the TNT strap on his shoulder. He looks around and nods at the fans. 

lawler.jpg.7202793afa6a4c006d2626dc2929d3ac.jpg

Lawler: Let me stop you right there Bockwinkel. In other words, stop talking! We are no strangers to each other and if memory serves I've come out on top more than once. But I'm not here to talk about the past. The USWA is the future of wrestling and I plan on being the champion and leading the USWA into a new era. I'm in this match because this here title says I deserve it. Oh and the next time you make accusations of me playing politics well like you say, quite simply I'll punch you in the mouth! 

Cheers as Lawler holds up his title and exits. 

Bock: Jerry Jarrett, I hope you didn't bet the bank on him because if you did, you'll be a broke man and I'll be running this place. 

Lance: Ok, wow the battle lines have been drawn. I for one cant wait for that big unification match up. Fans let's get to the action. 

The Grapplers vs. Sean and Sam Smith

The masked Grapplers dominate their opponents and the end comes when Grappler 1 hoists Sam up in a bearhug and Grappler 2 hits a clothesline from the middle ropes to get the easy pin! 

Commercial Break 

Scott McGhee vs. Tiger Chung Lee 

Lee comes out in a black gi and kendo stick. McGhee is pumped up and ready to go. Competitive match as the action goes back and forth. Lee gets the advantage and works McGhee over with kicks, chops and choking. McGhee comes back with forearm uppercuts and a body slam.

There's a commotion in the crowd as Ron Slinker slowly circles the ring and observes the match.

McGhee drops an elbow on Lee 1..2..Kick Out. Slinker grabs Lee's kendo stick and sets it on the apron then starts yelling up at McGhee. McGhee goes to the ropes and warns Slinker. Meanwhile Lee rolls over and grabs his kendo stick. McGhee turns around and Lee levels him with the stick. The Ref signals for the DQ. The bell is ringing but Lee goes on an onslaught with the kendo stick and just punishes McGhee. Lee smiles and exits the ring. Slinker goes over and whispers something to Lee and they leave together. HMMMMMMM. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Scott McGhee was helped out of here. I have no idea what that was about between Slinker and Lee. Well fans we've.....Whoa hold on a sec! I cant believe what I'm seeing. 

Massive boos as Tully Blanchard struts out with Baby Doll.

tully.jpg.93f8b29e0840b6a92c13994dd155a4ec.jpgdoll.jpg.6aaae5270da9110c0b1a1222b8793cec.jpg

Lance: What the heck? Tully Blanchard you lost a loser leaves town match to Curt Hennig a few months ago. What are you doing here? 

Tully: You hold on Lance! That was a TNT match and brother this is USWA (Laughs) which means I'm back baby so you and all these idiots can deal with that! As far as Curt Hennig goes. Well, remember the Christmas show? Remember when Baby Doll here clocked Curt Hennig (Laughs) well she did that for me (Laughs) Baby Doll, that was so beautiful. Now, I would love to have given Hennig another beating but that coward left town with his dear old dad. So it's time to move on. That dope Jerry Lawler was out here talking about the new era. Lawler! Hate to break it to you but you're looking at the new era. Tully Blanchard is here for gold and what I want brother I'm going to get! 

Lance: Unbelievable! Tully Blanchard is back along with Baby Doll. Talk about a dangerous pair. Back to the ring. 

"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal w/Johnny Valiant vs. Todd Rooney 

regal.jpg.2ff6d726c52458291650af6b018ca399.jpg

Regal looks smooth tonight as Valiant constantly applauds his efforts. Regal executes a hanging vertical suplex then follows with a leg drop from the tops rope to get the win. The fans boo as Valiant holds up Regal's arm then escorts him to the podium. 

valiant.jpg.25af71e4ed21a3d415670eacbbc6f806.jpg

Valiant: 1985 is going to be my year Lance and I'll tell you why. You just saw what the incredibly talented and amazing athlete Steve Regal is. Hey they don't call him Mr. Electricity for nothing Jack. He's going to take the USWA by storm! Next up, come on out boys. 

Boos as Ted and Jerry Oates walk out. 

Valiant: Just before Gene Anderson left the area, I made the deal of a lifetime with him. I bought the contracts of the Outstanding Oates Brothers. That's right! After I saw that beating they gave the Super Samoans on Christmas I just had to have them. They did that because they deserved a title shot and those filthy savages didn't. Lance, 1985 is going to be my year. Bet on it!

Commercial Break

Lance: Fans, before we get to the ring for his match, it's my pleasure to bring out the Central States Champ Kerry Von Erich.

Huge pop as Kerry comes out and slaps hands with the fans.

kerry.jpg.61e2c7ef25394dcb31eaaeaa6515875b.jpg

Kerry: Lance, it's my honor to be here in the USWA and defend this prestigious Central States title! I'm ready for the competition and I'm ready to defend this title against all comers.

Lance: Sounds good to me. Oh hold on, Killer Brooks what are you doing out here.

Brooks: Kerry and I go way back. I can tell you, him and his entire family are yellow. He talks big well prove it you gutless punk. Put that title on the line right here and now against me!

Kerry: You want a shot? Let's do it!

Lance: Ok! We've got an impromptu title match...right now!

Central States Title Bout

Kerry Von Erich (C) vs. Killer Brooks

Brooks attacks at the bell and works Kerry over with punches and stomps. Brooks body slams Kerry, holds the ropes and drops several knees. Brooks executes a backbreaker. Brooks climbs up to the top turnbuckle but spends to much time arguing with the fans. Kerry gets up and slams Brooks off the top rope! Brooks staggers up and Kerry knocks his block off with a discuss punch 1..2..3!

Huge pop! Kerry smiles and holds up his title as the fans continue to cheer.

After Kerry exits, Ron Slinker is back out. He gets in the ring and helps Killer Brooks up. He whispers something to him and helps him out of the ring. HMMMMMM.

Commercial Break

Lance: Fans, I've been told that next week's main event will be for the TV title as Austin Idol will defend against Rick Martel. Joining me now is the current USWA TV champ Austin Idol.

Idol struts out as Joan Jett is blasting on the speakers.

idol.jpg.034390abaf1a4cd657e913366305a351.jpg

Idol: Lance, darling, the toast of the coast, the universal heartthrob and the greatest Television champion in history is here! The ratings for the USA network just sky rocketed. Next week they'll reach record numbers as the millions of viewers will get to see yours truly in action. Rick Martel, you took me to the time limit last time but next week I'm going to be geared up and ready to rock. You don't stand a chance darling!

Idol flexes his right bicep and gives the camera a wink. 

Lance: Only Austin Idol. Lets go back to the ring for a colossal match up. 

"Crusher" Jerry Blackwell vs. Hercules Ayala 

blackwell.jpg.266179788a7827d58b1d2d444d032f3e.jpgayala.jpg.c5833d3387eef59bc5dd45003733e725.jpg

These two have had their issues recently and it shows tonight as this match never officially gets underway. Neither man makes it to the ring as they just have a hard hitting brawl all around it. Several prelim wrestlers have to come out and break it up. They break free a couple times and continue to punch away on each other. It's pure chaos as we go to the commercial. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: My goodness that was a fight. Obviously this one isn't over by a longshot. Right now please welcome out the man who will be going for the TV title next week, Rick Martel. 

martel.jpg.8791508a0ed5421c50669b83b91624b0.jpg

Martel: (Smiles and waves to the fans) Thank you Lance. I'm here in the USWA for the competition and to win a title. Next week I get that chance. Austin Idol, the time saved you last time but next week will be a different story. I've got your number. 

Martel exits

Lance: Ok, that should be a fantastic match up. Let's go...wait a second, it seems Bill Dundee and the Dream Machine have something to say.

Boos as Dundee comes out with the Dream Machine. 

Dream: Mr. Wrestling 2 makes his return to the ring tonight huh? Listen up you masked imposter. There's only room for one masked wrestler here and that's me babay! Not only are you going down tonight but your mask comes off! 

Dundee: As you can see we're upset and rightfully so. I was cheated and robbed out of the TNT title by that backstabbing and gutless Jerry Lawler! I should be in that match with the great Nick Bockwinkel. Lawler doesn't stand a chance! So tonight Mr. Wrestling 2 is going to feel our wrath. 

dundee.jpg.13ef523972778f5994d1bfb498397407.jpg

Lance: Ominous words from Dundee and Dream Machine. Back to the ring in what should be another wild one. 

Sgt. Slaughter vs. Boris Zhukov 

Thundering boos as Boris is in the ring waving the Russian flag. Boos turn to a roar as Sgt. Slaughter comes out waving the US flag! 

The bell rings and the brawl is on. Fists are flying and these guys lay into each other. Slaughter gets the early advantage and goes to work on Boris. Boris turns things around with a eye rake and body slam. Boris goes for a knee drop but Slaughter moves. Slaughter regroups. Boris staggers up and Slaughter puts him down with a clothesline 1..2..Kick Out. Slaughter swings Boris into the corner and charges in but Boris lifts his knees and nails Slaughter. While the Ref is looking over Slaughter, Boris is loosening the top turnbuckle and takes it off. Boris stomps away on Slaughter then lifts him up by his hair. Boris runs with Slaughter and is about to slam his head on the exposed turnbuckle but Slaughter blocks it and slams Boris's head on it! Boris flys back and down. Slaughter slowly stalks him then clamps on the cobra clutch! The Ref drops Boris's arm 3 times and it's over! 

The fans are up and cheering as Slaughter waves the US flag around! 

slaughter.jpg.f2390d67ab017f1ff335203987f530ab.jpg

Commercial Break 

Lance: With me now is Carlos Colon. Carlos you were the final Brass Knuckles champion and are out here to officially retire the title. However, I've been told that you will receive a USWA title match against the winner of the big Bockwinkel/Lawler unification match. 

Colon holds up his Brass Knuckles title one last time as the fans cheer then sets it on the podium. 

Colon: It's a dream come true as I will have the opportunity to wrestle for the greatest title in wrestling, the USWA title. Mark my words I'll be ready for both Bockwinkel and Lawler. 

The fans cheer as Colon smiles and raises his fist to them. 

colon.jpg.df5c80283fd3edef392a672cd9d7edea.jpg

Lance: Well said, what a classy individual. Back to the ring. 

Matt Borne and Gary Young w/"Cool" Carl Fergie vs. Gary Williams and Vic Dutro

Pure showcase for Borne and Young as they just demolish their opponents. The end comes when Borne and Young hit a double rib breaker on Vic for the win. Williams comes in to help his partner but Borne and Young hurl him over the top rope. Fergie gets in on the fun and stomps away on Vic before heading to the podium with his men. 

borne.jpg.16708151535d55004ea86c17c88f5187.jpgyoung.png.a018e2a6f93f5a9cfcd79a3a613763e3.png

Fergie: Just keep your mouth shut and listen up Lance. You know what I did? 

Lance: Wha..

Fergie: I told you to shut up! I went out and acquired a manager's license. Yea that's right! Then you know what I did? 

Lance: N...

Fergie: Once again, shut up! I went out and put together an unbeatable team. Focus your four eyes on Matt Borne and Gary Young because you're looking at the next tag team champions. 

Fergie points his finger and pokes Lance in the chest. 

Lance: You really have a bad attitude. 

Fergie: Lance! I like that! You genius! You can call this team Bad Attitude! See, you are good for something.

fergie.jpg.f93c65b6e22cfcd916c3f46ccfd3c126.jpg

Fergie, Young and Borne have a good laugh before leaving. 

Lance (rolls his eyes) We'll be right back for our main event. 

Commercial Break

Lance: Before we get to our final match, next week you'll see Austin Idol defend the TV title against Rick Martel. We'll hear from both the Fabulous Ones and The Movement regarding their big tag team match for the USWA tag titles. The Super Samoans will be in action along with the debut of a tag team consisting of George Wells and Brian Adias known as the Naturals. All that and much more. Lets go to the ring. 

Mr. Wrestling 2 vs.The Dream Machine w/Bill Dundee 

1990558959_wrestling2.jpg.f161a8f0376aff8ad4dabba52505f575.jpg

For the past few months, the injured Mr. Wrestling 2 was guiding Jessie Barr as Mr. Wrestling 3. Barr has decided to venture up north. Mr. Wrestling 2 said he's fully heeled and is itching to get back in the ring. 

The fans are cheering as Mr. Wrestling 2 enters the ring. Boos as Dundee leads Dream Machine into the ring. The bell rings but Dundee is yelling and arguing with the Ref. While this is going on, the Dream Machine is loading something in his mask while the fans are screaming at the Ref. Mr. Wrestling 2 walks over and is telling Dundee to exit. Dundee waves his arms and walks to the outside. Wrestling 2 turns around and Dream Machine head butts him with his loaded mask. Wrestling 2 is knocked out as Dream drops an elbow 1..2..3! 

Massive boos.

Dundee hits the ring and holds up Mr. Wrestling 2. The fans are outraged as Dream Machine starts to pull off his mask. Now the fans are in riot mode. 

All of a sudden the Grapplers hit the ring and believe it or not the fans going wild for them as they punch away on Dream and Dundee. They swing Dream to the ropes and double clothesline him down. They hammer Dundee into the ropes and double clothesline him over the top. 

They go back and put the boots to Dream. The fans are up and cheering as they start to pull the mask off Dream. They punch and stomp Dream while they pull on the mask.

HUGE POP as they yank the mask off!!!!!! 

The Dream Machine is Troy Graham! 

troy.jpg.04067da456e5eb63c7eb3f4ca17b170f.jpg

Lance: Oh my! I cant believe it! The Grapplers have unmasked The Dream Machine and revealing none other than Troy Graham.

The show ends as the Grapplers hold up the Dream Machine mask. 

grapplers.jpg.408acf3d2d13235c4aedaf324fca1294.jpg

Wow... great start to USWA

Bock vs Lawler is priceless

Ron Slinker comes in and goes after Casey.  Interesting little feud here

Baby Doll... right where she belongs.  You stole my new promotion idea to welcome back the loser from a loser leave town match.

Nice stable that Valiant is building!

Interesting to see Kerry without Kevin... Nice win here over Brooks

Nice job getting some big names in the ring but not giving away too much.... Blackwell and Ayala was fun while it lasted.

I could just here the crowds chanting USA USA as Slaughter goes over Boris... What a TV match

The Unmasking.... on TV... wow, you have an audience for ever

USWA TV @ The Civic Auditorium, Knoxville TN 1-10-85

Highlights are shown from last week's show as the Grapplers unmask the Dream Machine revealing him to be Troy Graham! 

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of USWA Wrestling here on the USA Network. Big show lined up as Austin Idol will defend the Television Title against Rick Martel. Joe Savoldi takes on Roosevelt Jones of the Movement. Denny Brown goes one on one with Mark Fleming accompanied by Carl Fergie. Tully Blanchard along with Baby Doll will be in action and we'll be hearing from The Movement and the Fabulous Ones . All that and a whole lot more. Right off the bat I want to bring out the Grapplers.

It's surreal hearing the fans cheer for the Grapplers as they head to the podium.

Lance: You boys sure made history last week as you unmasked the Dream Machine. I'm sure you have a lot to say about that.

Grappler 1: Hey we don't like anybody and we'll put down any team that gets in our way! However we respect Mr. Wrestling 2, the man is a masked legend. There was no way in hell we were going to stand by and watch two gutless punks like Dundee and Dream Machine strip him of his mask. We did what we did and gave them a dose of their own medicine. So if Dundee and Graham want to do something about it, well we aint going anywhere!

Lance: Ok, there you have it. Well now would be a great time to bring up the upcoming Central States Tag Team Tournament that will be held on January 25th in Corpus Christi Texas. You boys will be apart of the 8 team one night tournament.

Grappler 2: We came here for titles and I want those other 7 teams to know, the Grapplers are walking out of the arena with those belts!

Lance: The Grapplers mean business. That will be a great night of action indeed. And of course don't forget about next week in Jackson. Huge unification night as Nick Bockwinkel and Jerry Lawler will face off for the USWA Title. Fans, let's go to the ring.

Super Samoans vs. Gary Williams and Todd Rooney

The fans cheer on the Samoans as they work over their opponents with high octane offense. The end comes when Sakalia puts down Rooney with a Samoan Drop then tags in Tui, who flies off the top ropes with a splash for the pin!

Samoans cut a promo about being in the Central States Tag Tournament and are elated to find out that they'll be facing the Oates Brothers in the first round. They talk about how the Oates costed them their title match on Christmas and will be out for blood at the tournament.

Commercial Break

"Jumping" Joe Savoldi vs. Roosevelt Jones w/Sonny KIng  

savoldi.jpg.dda79ff105d8c0fcd0d968f2184ebb79.jpgjones.jpg.e226daf61ed069701ee1481a92205daf.jpgking.jpg.056737f7d9da124e4efe68c8a4783746.jpg

Savoldi has impressed fans with his high flying offense and is looking to climb the ranks. Jones has been nothing but confident since joining the Movement and is now even more threatening with Sonny King in his corner.

Pretty good fast paced match that goes back and forth. Savoldi works Jones over with hip tosses, arm drags and dropkicks. The tide turns when King trips Savoldi and Jones capitalizes with a clothesline. Jones slams Savoldi and chokes away. Jones controls the match for a bit. Jones swings Savoldi to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Savoldi swings back and puts Jones down with a clothesline. Savoldi fires up and goes to town. Savoldi back drops Jones then climbs to the top rope. Jones staggers up and Savoldi nails him with a missile dropkick! Savoldi covers 1..2..Wait a minute! Shaska Whatley and Tiger Conway hit the ring and put the boots to Savoldi! 

The Ref calls for the DQ.

Jones staggers up and joins in as does King. They continue to beat down Savoldi. The fans roar as the Fabulous Ones hit the ring and clean house! 

The Movement regroup but KIng tells them to hold off. The Fabs help Savoldi but don't take their eyes off the Movement. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Wow, things got crazy in a hurry. The Fabulous Ones helped Savoldi out of here. Ok, here comes the Movement. 

King: You shut your mouth Lance Russell! People better open their eyes and realize that we are a brotherhood and we have each others backs no matter what! Now, next week in Jackson, the so called Fabulous Ones are going to find out first hand what the Movement is all about! 

Whatley: That's right! We gonna whip those boys and take home the USWA tag titles! 

Conway: You boys haven't got a prayer! 

Lance: Ok, next week in Jackson it will be The Movement versus The Fabulous Ones for the USWA tag team titles. Back to the ring. 

The Naturals (Brian Adias and George Wells) vs. Trent Watkins and Lou Simms 

adias.jpg.f39f0f075c417a36da18c252f6afa4c7.jpgwells.jpg.d20cce11fdd9ab28b968e62f7f8b9638.jpg

Because of their tremendous athletic backgrounds, Adias and Wells have been dubbed the Naturals. 

They live up to their name as they gel really well and show off some solid chemistry. The end comes when Adias executes an airplane spin on Simms then tags in Wells, who finishes him off with a flying football tackle for the pin! 

The Naturals cut a promo on the upcoming Central States tag tournament and say their ready to take on all comers! 

Commercial Break (Adds for this week's house shows in Louisville KY and Hammond IN) 

"Downtown" Denny Brown vs. "The Technician" Mark Fleming w/"Cool" Carl Fergie 

Last week Fergie announced he acquired a manager's license and introduced his tag team Bad Attitude (Matt Borne and Gary Young) Fergie has also enlisted the services of his old Solidarity buddy Fleming. 

Fleming gets control early thanks to Fergie distracting Denny. Fleming shows off his wrestling ability and executes a number of suplexes but cant put Denny away. Fleming misses a knee drop and Denny regroups. Denny comes back with some suplexes of his own but cant put Fleming away. Fleming rakes Denny's eyes and Denny stumbles back to the ropes. Fergie hops on the apron and holds Denny. Fleming charges with a flying high knee but Denny elbows Fergie in the gut and moves. Fleming nails Fergie and sends him flying. Denny rolls up Fleming 1..2..3! 

Big Pop! 

Denny rolls out of the ring and celebrates with the fans. 

Commercial Break

Lance: How about that! Denny Brown takes advantage and gets the win over Mark Fleming. 

Fleming helps Fergie to the podium then Fergie.

Fergie: (pushes Fleming away) Get your hands off me! Damn it! How could you embarrass me and lose that match? I manage winners and you my friend are far from it. As of right now, Mark Fleming is on his own. No room for losers, now get lost and let me hype up my team of Bad Attitude as they gear up to be Central States Tag champs. 

Fleming: Hold on Carl. I was trained by none other than Lou Thesz! Don't you ever call me a loser.

Fergie: Looooooser! Now beat it! 

Fleming: Ok, I'll tell you what. Why don't you get in the ring with me next week and we'll see who the loser is. 

The fans cheer.

Fergie: Well... now I'm focusing on managing but just to teach a loser like you a lesson, sure I'll put the boots on and do just that. 

Fleming: You better put your working boots on because you're in for a long day.

Lance: Ok, we have a match set for next week. I think Carl Fergie is in for quite a wrestling match. Back to the ring. 

Tully Blanchard w/Baby Doll vs. Vic Dutro

Man, Tully and Baby Doll really get heat tonight. Tully mostly just toys with his opponent before putting him out of his misery with the Slingshot Suplex for the easy pin. The fans boo as Tully and Baby Doll arrogantly walk to the podium. 

Lance: Fans, I have another big announcement. Jerry Jarrett has decided to add another title to the USWA. To honor our new territory in Texas, the USWA will add the Texas Title. On January 25th, the same night as the Central States Tag tournament, there will also be a battle royal and the winner will be declared the Texas Champion. Tully Blanchard, I understand you'll be in that battle royal. 

Tully: I said last week I was here to win gold and that's exactly what I'm going to do. You and all these idiots know my history in Texas so who better to represent Texas than yours truly. It will be a walk in the park. Nobody is conditioned like me and therefore nobody stands a chance. Time to go Baby Doll, I don't want to be here longer than I have to. 

Lance: (rolls his eyes) Fans we'll be right back

Commercial Break

Baron Von Raschke vs. William Hillman 

baron.jpg.7061aa72609aff001998272cf636d314.jpg

The fans boo as Baron just about breaks all the rules. While Baron is stomping away on Hillman, Ron Slinker appears at ringside and seems to like what he sees. We saw Slinker last week as he was scouting Tiger Chung Lee and Boris Zhukov. 

Baron finally ends the match as he clamps on the claw for the win. The fans boo as Slinker enters the ring and says something to Baron. Baron smiles and walks out with Slinker hmmmmmmm. 

slinker.jpg.25812a1ac1e9b8a3cd1815e525e0f883.jpg

Lance: Still not sure what Ron Slinker's intentions are but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. Fans, listen to this blockbuster main event for next week's show. Jerry Lawler will team with Jerry Blackwell to take on Nick Bockwinkel and Hercules Ayala. Lot's of bad blood there. Also, Mr. Olympia makes his USWA debut and Sgt. Slaughter will be here. Should be a great show. Joining me now are the Fabulous Ones. 

Big Pop! 

Keirn: Movement, yea your good at the numbers game but when things even up, well I think we exposed you for the true cowards you are! 

Lane: You think your going to come into Jackson and walk out with the USWA tag titles? Think again! You're looking at the best team in wrestling and brother we're going to show you that first hand in Jackson. 

Commercial Break 

Rolling Thunder (DJ Peterson and Mike Shaw) vs. Sam and Sean Smith

dj.jpg.29d27d5cb55d61339a58e6abb3737f16.jpgshaw.jpg.f516f204e627d5726c8d1e3100d85dc6.jpg

The fans have taken a liking to the hard hitting powerhouse team of Shaw and Peterson. They easily dismantle the Smith brothers. The end comes when DJ nails Sean with a flying shoulder tackle from the top rope then tags in Shaw, who finishes things off with a big splash! 

Lance mentions that Rolling Thunder will be facing the debuting team of Johnny Rich and Wendell Cooley known as the Regulators, this weekend in Louisville. Shaw and DJ say they're ready for the challenge and looking forward to it, then it's on to the Central States Tag Tournament. 

Commercial Break 

TV Title Bout 

"The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol (C) vs. Rick Martel 

Big match feel as Idol taunts Martel with the title before handing it over to the Ref. They have a good stare down and exchange some words. The bell rings and the match is on! 

Idol charges but Martel hip tosses him over and follows with a high dropkick that sends Idol out of the ring. The fans boo as Idol staggers up and starts to walk away. Martel goes out and grabs him then hurls him back in the ring. Martel swings Idol to the ropes and back drops him, Idol staggers up and Martel scoop slams him and follows with a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Martel swings Idol to the turnbuckles and charges in but Idol nails him with a boot to the head. Idol regroups.

Idol stomps on Martel then grabs the ropes and drops several knees. Idol hits a vertical suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Idol swings Martel to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash then follows with a running knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Idol yells at the Ref while holding up 3 fingers. Idol starts to work on Martel's leg by kicking it then dropping elbows on it. Idol hoists Martel up and hits a shin breaker! Idol clamps on the Las Vegas Leglock! The fans are cheering Martel on as he fights it. Martel uses all his strength and reaches the ropes. Idol wrenches away before breaking at the Ref's count of 4. Idol spends to much time arguing with the Ref. Martel uses the ropes to pull himself up and limps around to shake it off.

Idol grabs Martel and swings him to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Martel swings back and puts Idol down with a running forearm blast. Martel regroups. Idol staggers up and Martel nails him with a dropkick. Martel limps around as Idol staggers up. Idol kicks Martel in the gut then swings him into the turnbuckles. Idol charges in but Martel moves and rolls to the apron. Idol falls back as Martel grabs the top rope and hits a slingshot splash 1..2..3!!!! 

The fans get up and cheer! 

The Ref gets the TV title and hands it to Martel then raises his arm as the fans go wild! Martel smiles and holds the title high as the show ends. 

martel.jpg.8791508a0ed5421c50669b83b91624b0.jpg

Jackson Coliseum 1-18-85

For the USWA Title

Jerry "The KIng" Lawler (last TNT Champ) vs. Nick Bockwinkel (last WCCW Champ)

For the USWA Tag Team Titles

The Movement (last AWA World tag Champs) vs. The Fabulous Ones (last AWA Southern tag champs)

Corpus Christi TX 1-25-85

8-Team Tag Tournament for the Central States Tag Team Titles 

Battle Royal for the Texas State Title 

USWA @ The Hammond Civic Center, Hammond IN 1-11-85

The Naturals (Brian Adias /George Wells) vs. Bad Attitude (Matt Borne/Gary Young) w/"Cool" Carl Fergie

Solid opener as both teams are looking to rise the USWA rankings. The Naturals show off their athleticism and chemistry while Bad Attitude shows off their aggressiveness. Things turn into a pier six brawl and get crazy when Wells tackles Young through the ropes. The Ref is distracted by this, which allows Fergie to interfere and clock Adias from behind and allows Borne to hit a Northern Lights suplex for the win.  

Winners of the Match- Bad Attitude

Larry Zbyszko vs. Mr. Olympia 

Neither wrestler has made their USWA TV debut yet but the fans are defiantly familiar with both men. Larry really pisses off the fans as he spends the first few minutes of the match on the outside stalling. The fans cheer as Olympia finally catches him on the outside and goes to town before hurling him back in the ring. Olympia controls for awhile until a low mule kick by Larry turns the tide. Larry spends just as much time yelling at the fans as he does working over Olympia. Olympia makes a comeback and hits a big knee lift just as the bell rings signaling a draw. Olympia is disappointed but at least Larry is still laid out. 

Official Ruling- A 15 minute Draw

The Fabulous Ones and "Jumping" Joe Savoldi vs. The Movement (Whatley/Conway/Jones) w/Sonny KIng 

This one is a wild one and is all over the place. The poor Ref is earning is money here. At one point the Fabs and Savoldi hit dropkicks and send the Movement through the ropes. Fabs and Savoldi are on fire as they take it to the Movement. Movement make a comeback and really work Lane over in the corner. Lane eventually makes the hot tag to Keirn and he cleans house. Keirn tags in Savoldi and he continues to keep things going until Whatley swings him in the corner and Savoldi takes a beating by all 3 men and also KIng. The Fabs try and stop the triple teaming but the Ref eventually gets them back in the corner. The beating was to much for Savoldi as Whatley and Conway finish him off with a double Russian Leg Sweep for the win. 

Winners of the Match- The Movement

Sgt. Slaughter vs. Baron Von Raschke

Slaughter gets the fans back in the groove as he comes down the aisle waving the American Flag. Baron jumps him at the bell and takes control. Baron has Slaughter in serious trouble but the fans rally Slaughter back. Slaughter comes back with a vengeance and takes it to Baron but cant put him away. Baron breaks the rules and turns the tide. Baron signals for it and applies the claw! Slaughter is on his knees but somehow the fans are able to once again rally him back. Slaughter punches his way out of the claw and fires up. Slaughter goes on a terror and eventually clamps on the Cobra Clutch to get the win! The fans are on their feet as Slaughter waves the Flag.

Winner of the Match- Sgt. Slaughter 

Kerry Von Erich (C) vs. Tully Blanchard w/Baby Doll  

This one is a barn burner as both men take it to each other. Kerry gets control and back drops Tully then follows with a military press slam! Things change as Baby Doll distracts Kerry which allows Tully to nail him with a high knee to the back. Tully gets several near falls but cant put Kerry away. Baby Doll even sneaks in some choking but Kerry wont go down. Kerry makes a hot comeback and has the fans cheering as he punches away on Tully. Kerry puts him down with a clothesline and follows with a knee drop from the middle ropes 1..2..Baby Doll is on the apron and distracts the Ref. Kerry gets up and warns Baby Doll. Baby Doll is yelling at Kerry. Tully sneaks up from behind but Kerry turns around and kicks him, then swings off the ropes and nails him with a discuss punch 1..2..Baby Doll hits the ring and scratches Kerry's eyes. The Ref signals for the DQ. Kerry shakes it off but Baby Doll has already pulled Tully out of the ring. 

Winner of the Match by DQ- Kerry Von Erich 

The Grapplers vs. Ron Slinker and Killer Brooks 

Slinker has been on TV scouting certain wrestlers and Brooks was one of them. Grapplers have won over the fans by recently unmasking the Dream Machine on TV. Slinker and Brooks work well together and give the Grapplers a rough match but in the end the Grapplers finish it off as Grappler 1 hoists Brooks up in a bear hug as Grappler 2 hits a clothesline from the middle ropes to get the pin. 

Winners of the Match- The Grapplers

Nick Bockwinkel vs. "Crusher" Jerry Blackwell 

The fans boo as Bockwinkel takes off his jacket and shows off his WCCW title. Bock grabs the house mic and looks over at Blackwell. 

"To show what a fighting champion I am. I am willing to put the real title on the line against you. Blackwell, you're credible enough for a shot, nowhere in my league but credible" 

Bock hands over the mic and raises the WCCW title as the fans boo. The Ref doesn't hold up the title as the announcer announces it's no longer recognized. Bock throws a fit and berates both the Ref and the announcer. The Ref quickly signals for the bell but Bock isn't done yelling at him. 

Blackwell slowly walks over and swings Bock around and unloads then grabs him by his hair and smashes his head on the turnbuckle several times. Blackwell swings Bock to the opposite corner and Bock fly's over the turnbuckles and onto the floor as the fans go wild. Bock finally staggers to the apron and Blackwell grabs him and suplexes him back in the ring. Blackwell spends the next few minutes destroying Bock. Blackwell slams Bock, swings off the ropes and goes for a splash but Bock moves. Bock slowly recovers and starts to work over Blackwell. It doesn't last long as Blackwell is on fire tonight. He unloads on Bock then picks him up and twirls him around for a slam but Bock's boot hits the Ref and the Ref goes down. Blackwell slams Bock down but sees the Ref is out. Blackwell tries to revive the Ref. Bock slowly gets up, crawls over and nails Blackwell with a low blow. Bock rolls out of the ring and grabs a wooden chair. He gets back in. Blackwell is on his knees. Bock cracks the chair over Blackwell's head, busting him open. Bock throws the broken chair out of the ring, then pulls the Ref over. The fans are booing as the Ref counts 1..2..3! 

Winner of the Match- "The Self Proclaimed Real Champion" Nick Bockwinkel 

Low key here, even if it's a draw, I can chalk it as a big moral victory for Mr. Olympia against Larry Zbyszko. If you can hold your own the way he did with Larry Z, that's nothing to sneeze about. Gonna make a bold statement that Olympia will be in the Central States title picture in no time!

USWA @ The Louisville Gardens, KY 1-12-85

"Downtown" Denny Brown vs. "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal w/Johnny Valiant 

Fast paced back and forth match to open the show. At the 8 minute mark, Denny is in control and hoists Regal up on the turnbuckles. Denny goes for a superplex but Valiant runs over and grabs his ankle as Denny falls back with Regal on top 1..2..3! 

Winner of the Match- Steve Regal 

Rolling Thunder (DJ Peterson/Mike Shaw vs. The Regulators (Wendell Cooley/Johnny Rich)

The fans from the old TNT have taken a liking to Rolling Thunder while Cooley and Rich come in as fan favorites from other territories. The match is hard hitting but clean. DJ and Shaw show off their power moves while Cooley and Rich rely on their offensive teamwork. Rolling Thunder take control but cant get the pin. Regulators hang in there as the 10 minute time limit expires. Cooley helps Rich up and both teams are staring at each other. DJ and Shaw finally show them respect by offering a handshake. The fans cheer as both teams shake hands. 

WHAM! Rolling Thunder attack the Regulators! They double slam Cooley then they swing Rich to the ropes and DJ nails him with a flying shoulder tackle as Shaw follows with a body splash! They stomp on Cooley before leaving to a chorus of boos.

Official Ruling- A 10 minute Draw

Scott McGhee vs. Tiger Chung Lee

These two had a match on TV and thanks to help from Ron Slinker, Lee beat McGhee with his kendo stick allowing McGhee to pick up the DQ win. 

The bell rings and McGhee is all over Lee. He swings Lee to the corner and follows with a running forearm uppercut then swings Lee to the opposite corner and does the same. McGhee slams Lee and follows with a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Lee gets his foot on the rope. During the break, Lee rakes McGhee's eyes and takes over. McGhee starts to fight back but Lee puts him down with a kick. A frustrated Lee goes to the outside to get his kendo stick. The Ref is warning him. McGhee staggers up and Lee swings the kendo stick at him but McGhee ducks, kicks Lee in the gut, grabs him by the waist and hits a back suplex 1..2..3! 

Winner of the Match- Scott McGhee

Carlos Colon vs. Hercules Ayala

These two have carried their historic feud over to the USWA and have been going at it. Tonight is no different. The first few minutes is just a brawl as they fight inside and out of the ring. The Ref is having a hard time controlling it. They once again fight to the outside. Finally the Ref has no choice but to count both men out. The bell is ringing but they keep fighting. 

Official Ruling- A Double C.O.

The Super Samoans vs. "The Outstanding" Oates w/Johnny Valiant 

This one started on Christmas when the Samoans were scheduled for a tag title bout. However, the Oates had a problem with this and attacked the Samoans, costing them their chance to compete. 

The Samoans take early control and work over Ted with quick tags and solid teamwork. Tui slams Ted and tags in Sakalia, who comes off the middle ropes with an elbow drop 1..2..Jerry breaks it. Tui comes in and hits Jerry but the Ref guides Tui back, allowing Jerry to clothesline Sakalia. Jerry drags Ted to their corner and tags himself in. The Oates work Sakalia in the corner. Jerry hits a hammerlock body slam then grabs Sakalia's arm and tags in Ted. Jerry holds the arm as Ted comes off the ropes with a knee to the arm. Ted covers 1..2..Tui breaks it, then punches Jerry off the apron. Tui slams Ted before going back to his corner. Sakalia rolls over and tags in Tui. Tui is a house of fire as he punches away on Ted. Jerry charges in but gets back dropped. Valiant gets on the apron but Tui punches him off. Pretty soon all four men are fighting. While the Ref is distracted with Sakalia and Jerry, Valiant runs in the ring with a loaded towel but Tui kicks him, grabs the loaded towel and whacks Ted over the head then covers. The Ref turns around and counts 1..2..3! 

Winners of the Match- The Super Samoans

TV Champ Rick Martel vs. "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol

2 days ago, Martel defeated Idol to capture the TV title. Tonight's match is non title. 

Idol is not happy as he yells at Martel while pointing at the TV title. The bell rings and Idol attacks Martel. Idol punches Martel down then stomps away and drops several knees. Idol chokes Martel on the ropes then picks him up and slams him down. Idol body slams Martel 2 more times then drops an elbow 1..2..Kick Out. Idol is livid and yells at the Ref. Idol swings Martel to the ropes but misses a back elbow, Martel swings back and drop kicks Idol down. Martel regroups and takes control. Martel swings Idol hard into the turnbuckles, Idol staggers out and Martel scoop slams him, then hops on the middle ropes and comes back with a diving back elbow drop 1..2..Idol gets his foot on the rope. Martel vertical suplexes Idol 1..2..Kick Out. Martel swings Idol to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Idol kicks him then clotheslines Martel down. Idol regroups. Idol swings Martel into the corner and charges in with a clothesline. Idol swings Martel to the ropes and hits a back elbow smash 1..2..Kick Out. Idol slams Martel then hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee drop 1..2  Martel gets his shoulder up. Idol berates the Ref. Idol hoists Martel up for a shin breaker but Martel flips over, pushes Idol to the ropes and rolls him up but Idol rolls through it and grabs the tights but Martel rolls through that 1..2..3! 

Idol is furious and is yelling at the Ref while Martel rolls out of the ring and celebrates with the fans

Winner of the Match- Rick Martel 

Jerry "The KIng" Lawler vs. "Superstar" Bill Dundee

This is a rivalry that will probably never end. These guys traded the TNT title and Lawler came out as the last holder of that title. Lawler faces Bockwinkel next week for the USWA title but tonight Dundee stands in his way. 

This is just about what you would expect from these 2. They go back and forth as they just pound away on each other. It isn't long before both men are bleeding. They fight to the outside and Dundee pushes Lawler into the steel post then grabs Lawler's head and slams it on the apron. Dundee hurls Lawler back in the ring. Dundee slams Lawler and hits a standing leg drop 1..2..Lawler gets his foot on the ropes. Dundee grabs Lawler and chokes him on the middle ropes then swings back off the ropes and his a body guillotine. Dundee executes a backbreaker, chokes Lawler with his boot and rakes it across his face. Dundee hits another backbreaker then climbs to the top rope. The fans boo as Dundee holds out his arms in pure arrogance. Dundee leaps off the ropes and goes for his Bomb's Away but Lawler moves! Dundee hits hard as Lawler regroups.

Lawler gets up and pulls his strap down as the fans go wild. Dundee staggers up and Lawler nails him with several Memphis style punches. Dundee is wobbling but Lawler grabs his hair and keeps him up as he continues to punch away. Lawler slams Dundee then hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a fist drop. Lawler doesn't cover and once again goes to the middle ropes and crashes down with a fist drop. Lawler picks up Dundee and hoists him up and crashes him down with a piledriver 1..2..3! 

The fans roar as Lawler now has his eyes set on the USWA title. 

Winner of the Match- Jerry Lawler 

USWA TV @ The Civic Auditorium Knoxville TN 1-17-85

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of USWA Wrestling here on the USA Network. So much to talk about. We have a blockbuster of a main event as Jerry Lawler and Jerry Blackwell will take on Nick Bockwinkel and Hercules Ayala. As you all know, tomorrow night in Jackson, Lawler and Bockwinkel will face off for the USWA Title. Also tonight, Mark Fleming will take on Carl Fergie in a special challenge match. Sgt. Slaughter faces Killer Brooks. Johnny Valiant's main man Steve Regal will take on Denny Brown. Mr. Olympia makes his televised debut and the Central States Champ Kerry Von Erich will be in action. 

I have some sad news to report. The Fabulous Ones have left the territory. During the last year of TNT, the Fabulous Ones had a great 6 month reign as champions then recaptured the titles to become the last TNT tag champions. On behalf of USWA we want to thank the Fabulous Ones for all their hard work and wish them the best of luck. The Fabs were scheduled to face The Movement in Jackson to determine the USWA tag team champions. So, tonight Jerry Jarrett has signed a match between the Grapplers and Super Samoans and the winners will face the Movement for the USWA tag titles tomorrow night in Jackson. Ok let's get to the ring for that big match up. 

Winners face the Movement for the USWA Tag Titles

The Grapplers vs. The Super Samoans 

Both teams want that title shot and it shows as the match is hard hitting and fierce. Grapplers take control and work over Tui. They put him down with a double back elbow smash and follow with a double elbow drop. Tui shows off his toughness as the Grapplers cant finish him off. Tui finally makes the tag to Sakalia and Sakalia works over Grappler 2 with thrusts and kicks. Grappler 2 tags in Grappler 1 but Grappler 1 is back dropped by Sakalia. Sakalia follows with a knee drop then hoists Grappler 1 up and executes a Samoan Drop 1..2..Grappler 1 barely gets his shoulder up. Sakalia tags in Tui and they hit a double slam. Tui swings off the ropes and hits a leg drop 1..2..Kick Out. Tui works over Grappler 2 then tags in Sakalia. Sakalia hits a suplex then goes to the top rope and comes down with a flying elbow but Grappler 1 moves, rolls over and tags in Grappler 2. Grappler 2 slams Sakalia then comes off the middle ropes with a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Grappler 2 swings Sakalia to the ropes and clotheslines him. Grappler 2 tags in Grappler 1. They double suplex Sakalia 1..2..Tui breaks it. Grappler 2 sends Tui flying with a running forearm blast. Grappler 2 hoists Sakalia up in a bearhug as Grappler 1 comes off the middle ropes with a diving clothesline 1..2..3! 

After a minute, Tui helps Sakalia up. Both teams stare at each other. The Grapplers extend their hands and the fans cheer as both teams shake hands. Wow, The Grapplers are changing for the better. Unbelievable. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Ok, the Grapplers will face the Movement in Jackson for the USWA tag titles. Let me get a word with the Grapplers.

The Grapplers said they don't like anybody but that doesn't mean they don't have some respect for some people and tonight the Super Samoans got their respect. They say they cant say the same for the Movement and if the Movement want to break some rules well the Grapplers have been known to do that as well. 

"Downtown" Denny Brown vs. "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal w/Johnny Valiant 

Action packed back and forth match up as these guys trade move for move. Denny gets the upper hand and goes to work as he hip tosses Regal over and follows with a scoop slam and a vertical suplex 1..2..Valiant puts Regal's foot on the rope. Denny gets up and goes to the ropes and warns Valiant. Valiant distracts him long enough for Regal to get up and nail Denny from behind with a high knee. Regal hoists up Denny and executes a Northern Lights Suplex 1..2..3! 

The fans boo as Regal rolls out of the ring and Valiant raises his arm. They head to the podium. 

Lance: Well Regal gets the win but he can thank his manager for that one.

Valiant: Whoa hold on a minute Lance. Regal won that match on pure athleticism and ability. Now, there seems to be a new TV champion running around name Rick Martel. Listen up Ricky boy, Mr. Electricity is coming after you and the title. Get ready!  

Lance: Valiant and Regal make the challenge to TV champ Rick Martel. Before we go to a commercial, here's some pre recoded comments from The Movement.

Sonny King: Tomorrow night in Jackson will be a glorious night indeed. My man Roosevelt Jones finally gets his due and will beat that Texas pretty boy punk Kerry Von Erich for the Central States Title! Next, my boys Shaska and Conway. These guys are so bad that the Fabulous Ones skipped town because they were so scared. There's no denying, you're looking at the baddest team in wrestling. Those USWA tag titles are ours! 

Commercial Break 

Sgt. Slaughter vs. Killer Brooks w/Ron Slinker 

It appears Slinker has formed an alliance with Brooks as he's out here with him. The fans go wild as Slaughter enters the ring and sends a warning to Slinker. Slinker and Brooks are yelling and pointing at Slaughter. As soon as the bell rings Slaughter clotheslines both men over the top rope. Slaughter goes to the outside and hurls Brooks back in the ring. Slaughter swings Brooks to the ropes and clamps on the Cobra Clutch! All of a sudden Tiger Chung Lee, Boris Zhukov and Baron Von Raschke hit the ring and ambush Slaughter! 

The Ref signals for the DQ.

They beat down Slaughter then hold him as Slinker gets in the ring and slaps Slaughter. They continue to beat down Slaughter until Baron clamps on the claw! Baron wrenches away as Slaughter is on his back. Lee grabs his kendo stick and hits away on Slaughter's ribs. Brooks and Boris take turns stomping on Slaughter. Slinker signals the men and they exit the ring and head to the podium. 

Slinker: Listen up! I have spent a lot of time piecing together a unit. Every unit needs a captain so you're looking at Captain Ron Slinker. Boris and Baron will be the next Central States Tag Champs because they're a damn cohesive unit. Killer Brooks is the henchman and protector of the unit. As everybody knows I'm a legit black belt but Tiger Chung Lee's martial arts skills are second to none. All of us together will be an unstoppable unit! Sgt. Slaughter just found that out! 

Lance: Ok, it appears Ron Slinker has made is intentions known. A very dangerous unit indeed but they better be ready for a war when Slaughter comes for them.

Commercial Break

Footage from the Louisville Gardens as Rolling Thunder (DJ Peterson and Mike Shaw) and The Regulators (Wendell Cooley and Johnny Rich) battle to a draw. After the match, Rolling Thunder brutally assault The Regulators. 

Lance: After watching that despicable act, I have some questions for these men. 

Boos as Rolling Thunder walk out. 

Lance: Just what was that all about? I mean, these fans really believed in you and The Regulators fought a hard clean match. There was no call for that. Come on. 

DJ: Thanks to my partner, I have seen the light. Tell em Mike. 

Shaw: I simply told DJ that these fans will do nothing but hold us back. Do we want titles or do we want to cater to these ungrateful idiots? I mean what have they really done to help us? That's right...Nothing! Now we can do what we were meant to do and that's destroy any team that gets in our way! Regulators! You got in our way! Next up is the Central States tag tournament. 

DJ: And that means the titles are as good as ours! Nobody will stop us! And we mean nobody! 

Lance: I guess in their minds that all makes sense. That killer instinct along with their power could be devastating. That Central States tag tournament happens next week in Corpus Christi. I've been informed that the High Flyers are coming in to participate in the tournament. Also that night will be the big battle royal to crown our Texas State Champion. Should be a great night of action. Back to the ring. 

Mr. Olympia vs. Trent Watkins

olympia.jpg.44d6d011fa6690360de2df09f8ed805c.jpg

Olympia works over Trent with body slams, knee drops and elbow drops. After a good showcase, Olympia wins the match with a Sleeper. Olympia slaps hands with the fans then heads to the podium. 

Mr. Olympia cuts a promo and says he'll be in the upcoming battle royal and plans on walking out with the Texas State Title! 

Commercial Break 

Special Challenge Match

"The Technician" Mark Fleming vs. "Cool" Carl Fergie

Last week Denny Brown defeated Fleming. Afterwards Fergie severed his alliance with Fleming and called him a loser. Fleming mentioned his training with Lou Thesz and says he's not a loser and challenged Fergie. 

Fergie's mouth is running non stop as he's constantly yelling at Fleming. Unfortunately for Fergie, his mouth isn't as good as his wrestling skills tonight. Fleming pulls out the amateur skills as he just picks Fergie apart. Fergie comes back with some rulebreaking but it's short lived as Fleming is fired up tonight. Fleming hits a gut wrench suplex followed by a double arm suplex followed by a vertical suplex. Fleming hoists Fergie up and hits a Fireman's Carry slam for the decisive 1..2..3! 

The fans cheer as Fleming gets a most satisfying victory. 

fleming.jpg.67abfb1cbef429450f2538c9cde29453.jpg

Commercial Break 

Lance: Ok, Carl Fergie has joined me. Tough loss.

Fergie: (Still shaken up) Oh wow big deal, he beat a retired wrestler now manager. I could beat him any time if I wanted but I don't want to because all my focus is on my team Bad Attitude and the Central States tag titles. Just one week to go until Matt Borne and Gary Young raise those titles high in the air. 

Lance: There you have it from Carl Fergie. Back to the ring for another USWA debut. 

"Timekeeper" Mike George vs. Vic Dutro 

George is impressive in his debut as the veteran shows off his skills. George finishes off Dutro with a running shoulder breaker for the pin. George gives the fans a wave and heads to the podium. 

Mike.jpg.62eca3fd399acbcc92b2cd83cc982258.jpg

Lance: Welcome to the USWA Mike George. I know you have an impressive resume of titles and I'm looking forward to watching more of you in action. 

Mike: Thank you very much Lance. I've...

Massive boos as Larry Zbyszko walks out! 

Lance: Whoa hold on a minute! Larry Zbyszko what are you doing out here?

789070312_larryz.jpg.6903c6fe9fbdec655cf4483b5d4fb3a9.jpg

Larry: You know, I was suppose to make my televised debut next week but I just couldn't take it anymore. I just couldn't sit back and watch a spudhead like this guy get precious air time. I heard some ridiculous story that you got the timekeeper name because you would successfully predict your match times. Yea, you predicted the times of your defeats. I mean it sickens me to even be out here with a guy who's not even close to being in my league. I've beaten the best the world has to offer while this guy predicts the times of his losses.  

George: Can you do us all a favor and shut your mouth! If you want a match with me all you have to do is ask. 

Larry: You're not qualified to be in the ring with me but I guess I could use a tune up. Matter a fact, I'll guarantee you and all these spudheads that I can beat you in less than 5 minutes. What do you say timekeeper?

Larry puts his finger on Mike's chest and nudges him. 

The fans go wild as Mike slaps Larry across the face!!! 

Mike: Sounds good to me. 

Lance: (smiling) We'll be right back 

Larry: (holding his face) Did you see that cowardly cheap shot! 

Commercial Break 

Central States Champ Kerry Von Erich vs. Gary Williams 

Of course Kerry is way over with the fans as they cheer every move. Kerry lifts Williams over his head for a military press/slam. Williams staggers up and Kerry puts him down with the discuss punch for the win! 

Kerry is fired up and says he's more than ready for his Central States title defense in Jackson against Roosevelt Jones of The Movement! 

Commercial Break

Main Event 

Jerry "The King" Lawler and "Crusher" Jerry Blackwell vs. Nick Bockwinkel and Hercules Ayala

Lawler and Bock will wrestle for the USWA title tomorrow night in Jackson. Blackwell and Ayala have been in some wild brawls so there's a lot of heat in this match.

Bock plays mind games and spends most of the time avoiding and antagonizing Lawler. Ayala and Blackwell just hammer away on each other. Both men knock each other back and tag in their partners. Bock tries to stall but Lawler goes at him and hip tosses him over. Bock gets up and Lawler tags him with several Memphis style punches. Lawler winds up and punches Bock to the corner. Bock tags in Ayala. Ayala charges and Lawler back drops him and tags in Blackwell. Blackwell slams Ayala, swings off the ropes and crashes down with an elbow 1..2..Bock kicks Blackwell on the head. Lawler storms in and pounds Bock into the corner. The Ref is trying to break them up. As the Ref is getting Bock back in his corner, Lawler and Blackwell double slam Ayala. Blackwell follows with a big splash! The Ref runs over 1..2..3! 

Bock is beside himself as Lawler and Blackwell celebrate while the fans are on their feet cheering. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Wow what a match as Lawler and Blackwell get the big win. Don't forget tomorrow night in Jackson, Lawler versus Bockwinkel for the USWA title, The Movement versus The Grapplers for the USWA tag titles...

Hercules Ayala storms the podium.

Ayala: Blackwell! Blackwell! This will end! Tomorrow night in Jackson we are to wrestle but I want a loser leaves town match! I need to rid you! You're finished Blackwell! Finished!

Lance backs up as Ayala pushes over the podium!  

Jackson Coliseum 1-18-85

For the USWA Title

Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Nick Bockwinkel 

For The USWA Tag Team Titles 

The Movement w/Sonny King vs. The Grapplers 

Loser Leaves Town 

Crusher Jerry Blackwell vs. Hercules Ayala 

Kerry Von Erich (C) vs. Roosevelt Jones w/Sonny King 

Larry Zbyszko vs. "Timekeeper" Mike George 

Corpus Christi TX 1-25-85

8-Team Central States Tag Team Title Tournament 

High Flyers

Super Samoans

The Naturals (Wells/Adias)

The Regulators (Cooley/Rich)

Boris Zhukov/Baron Von Raschke 

Oates Outstanding

Rolling Thunder (Shaw/DJ)

Bad Attitude (Borne/Young)

USWA @ The Jackson Coliseum, Jackson TN 1-18-85

"Jumping" Joe Savoldi vs. "Captain" Ron Slinker

Savoldi has Slinker bumping all over the place with hip tosses, arm drags and dropkicks. Slinker puts his martial arts skills to use as he comes back with thrusts, chops and kicks. Savoldi makes a big comeback and sends Slinker up and over with a back drop. Savoldi climbs to the top rope and attempts a missile dropkick but Slinker gets out of the way as Savoldi crashes on the mat. Savoldi staggers up and Slinker rolls him up with a handful of tights to get the win. 

Winner of the Match- Ron Slinker 

The Naturals (Brian Adias/George Wells) vs. Oates Outstanding w/Johnny Valiant 

Naturals start off strong and take it to the Oates. They hit a double back drop on Jerry. Ted rushes in and gets double back dropped. They swing Jerry to the ropes and put him down with a double clothesline. As the Ref guides Wells to his corner, Ted clips Adias behind the knee. Oates control the next few minutes and really work Adias over. Ted holds Adias as Jerry comes off the top rope with a double axe handle to the head 1..2..Wells breaks it. The Ref maintains order and guides Ted to the corner which allows Wells to scoop slam Jerry and drag Adias to his corner. The Ref turns around as Wells tags in. Wells cleans house with slams, punches and clotheslines. Both Oates try and get to Wells but Adias storms in and everybody is brawling. Valiant gets on the apron but Adias sends him flying with a forearm blast. Ted charges but Adias hurls him over the top rope. Adias swings Jerry to the ropes and Wells puts him down with a football tackle 1..2..3! 

Winners of the Match- The Naturals 

Scott McGhee vs. Tiger Chung Lee w/Ron Slinker 

On last night's TV, Slinker introduced his unit of Boris Zhukov, Baron Von Raschke, Killer Brooks and Tiger Chung Lee. McGhee and Lee have had some issues.

Lee hands his kendo stick to Slinker and Slinker points it at McGhee before exiting through the ropes. Lee jumps McGhee at the bell and nails him with several chops. McGhee fires back with European uppercuts then swings Lee to the corner and charges in with a huge uppercut. McGhee hiptosses Lee over and follows with a neck snap. McGhee picks up Lee and slams him down then swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop 1..2..Slinker distracts the Ref. McGhee gets up and heads over to Slinker. As they argue, Lee sneaks up from behind but McGhee turns around and blasts Lee with several punches then drops him with a big right hand. The Ref is looking down at Lee as McGhee swings back of the ropes but Slinker nails McGhee on his back with the kendo stick. McGhee falls to his knees. Lee gets up and nails McGhee with a karate kick to the face 1..2..3! 

Winner of the Match- Tiger Chung Lee

Larry Zbyszko vs. "Timekeeper" Mike George 

George made his TV debut last night but Larry arrived on the scene and spoiled his interview. Larry told the so called timekeeper he would beat him tonight in under 5 minutes. 

Well Larry doesn't come through as the fans cheer when the announcer says 5 minutes have gone by. This distracts Larry and allows George to take over. George puts Larry down with a back elbow smash then puts him in a hammerlock and slams him down. George hoists Larry up and hits a running shoulder breaker 1..2..NO! Larry gets his foot on the rope. The Ref gets George up as Larry rolls out of the ring. Larry really tests the fans patience as he spends a lot of time stalling on the outside. Finally George goes out after him. Larry rolls into the ring. George follows but as he gets on the apron, Larry runs over and snaps his head on the top rope. Larry drags George into the ring and executes a swinging neckbreaker 1..2..3! 

Winner of the Match- Larry Zbyszko 

Kerry Von Erich (C) vs. Roosevelt Jones w/Sonny King 

Jones and King get massive heat as they taunt the fans. Those boos turn into a defining roar as Kerry makes his way down the aisle.

The bell rings but King is yelling at Kerry, this allows Jones to nail Kerry from behind with a clothesline. Jones is tenacious as he pounds away on Kerry. Jones slams Kerry down then chokes him with his boot and follows with a boot rake across the face. Jones lifts Kerry up and drops him on the top rope. Jones grabs the top rope and drops several knees. Jones picks up Kerry and drops him with a jumping headbutt 1..2..Kick Out. King is on the apron yelling at the Ref. Jones swings Kerry to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Kerry nails King and King fly's of the apron. Jones charges Kerry but Kerry blocks his punch and fires away then swings Jones to the ropes and dropkicks him down. Kerry hoists Jones over his head and slams him down. Kerry swings Jones hard into the turnbuckles. Jones staggers out and Kerry nails him with the discuss punch 1..2..3!

Winner and still Central States Champ- Kerry Von Erich

Loser Leaves Town

"Crusher" Jerry Blackwell vs. Hercules Ayala  

These guys have been involved in quite a few brawls. On TV last night, Blackwell pinned Ayala in a tag match. Ayala stormed the podium and challenged Blackwell to a loser leaves town match. Blackwell accepted. 

The bell rings and the brawl is on! These guys have a furious exchange and it doesn't take long before their on the outside fighting. Ayala swings Blackwell towards the steel post but Blackwell reverses it and Ayala crashes into it. Ayala is busted open. Blackwell hurls Ayala back in the ring and lands a big elbow drop 1..2..Ayala barely gets his shoulder up. Blackwell slams Ayala, swings off the ropes and crashes down with a knee drop 1..2..Once again Ayala barely gets his shoulder up. Blackwell swings Ayala into the corner and charges in with an avalanche but Ayala moves. Blackwell hits hard and falls back as Ayala carry's the momentum and rolls him over 1..2..3! Ayala is still out of it as he slowly rolls out of the ring. The bloodied Ayala stands up but falls back down. 

Winner of the Match- Hercules Ayala

Match for the USWA Tag Team Titles

The Grapplers vs. The Movement w/Sonny KIng

The Movement are in this match because they were the last reigning AWA World Champs (of course they were stripped of the titles but King says his men were never beaten). The Fabulous Ones were the last TNT champs and were originally in this match but they left the territory. The Grapplers defeated The Super Samoans to get in this match.

The crowd cheers as the Ref holds up the USWA tag titles. King is not in a good mood as he has choice words for the Grapplers. Shaska and Conway try to take advantage and attack the Grapplers but the Grapplers were ready and knock them out of the ring. King regroups his men as the Ref gets order.

Grapplers control the early portion as they slam the Movement all around the ring. The Grapplers don't give the Movement any time to catch their breath as they keep on them. The tide changes thanks to a trip from King on the outside on Grappler 2. The Movement double team and work Grappler 2 over in the corner. The Movement hit a double suplex. Shaska covers while Conway holds Grappler 2's legs but Grappler 1 runs in with fists flying. He knocks Conway out of the ring, swings Shaska to the ropes and clotheslines him down. Grappler 1 goes back to his corner. Grappler 2 rolls over and tags him in. Grappler 1 slams Shaska. Conway runs in and gets a scoop slam. Grappler 1 hoists Shaska up for a suplex but Conway nails him from behind. Whatley rolls over and tags in Conway. Conway pushes Grappler 1 in the corner and kicks him while Shaska chokes him. While the Ref is breaking it up, KIng gets on the apron and chokes Grappler 1. Grappler 2 charges and knocks King down with a punch. This turns into a pier six brawl! The Grapplers double clothesline Shaska over the top rope. They swing Conway to the ropes and double clothesline him down. Grappler 1 hoists Conway up as Grappler 2 nails him with a clothesline from the top rope 1..2..3!!! 

Huge Pop! 

The Movement slowly regroup and King leads them out.

The fans are cheering as the Ref hands the Grapplers the USWA tag titles. The Grapplers hold them high.

Wait a minute. WHAM!!! 

Dream Machine Troy Graham (who was unmasked on national TV by the Grapplers) and The Universal Heartthrob Austin Idol hit the ring and attack the Grapplers. They beat them down. Graham and Idol pick up the tag belts and start pounding down on the Grapplers! Security hits the ring. Idol and Graham leave the ring with the titles as the fans throw garbage at them. 

Winners of the Match and new USWA Tag Team Champs- The Grapplers 

Match for the USWA Heavyweight Title

Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Nick Bockwinkel 

Both participants are in the ring. Lawler is wearing the TNT title and Bock is wearing the WCCW title. They have a stare down and exchange some words. They hand the titles over. The Ref gives them to an official. Another official hands the Ref the new USWA title. The fans cheer as the Ref holds the title up to Lawler and Bock then to the fans. 

The bell rings as Lawler and Bock continue their stare down. Bock slowly backs up then throws a punch but Lawler blocks it and unloads then swings Bock to the ropes and back drops him. Bock gets up but Lawler scoop slams him down. Bock staggers up and Lawler scoop slams him again then picks him up and executes a hanging vertical suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Lawler swings Bock to the ropes and puts him down with a big right punch and follows with an elbow drop 1..2..Bock gets his shoulder up. Lawler reaches down but Bock grabs his singlet and hurls him through the ropes.

Bock staggers up to regroup. Lawler gets on the apron and Bock punches him off. Bock walks around and clears the cobwebs. Bock goes to the outside, picks up Lawler and slams him on the concrete. Bock picks up Lawler, slams his head on the apron and hurls him back in the ring. Bock gets in, picks up Lawler and slams him by the ropes. Bock grabs the ropes and drops several knees on Lawler's leg. Bock grabs Lawler's legs and drops repeated elbows on the leg. Bock grabs the legs and clamps on the figure four! Bock wrenches away as the fans cheer Lawler on. Lawler is fighting it as Bock applies the pressure. The fans roar as Lawler reaches the ropes. Bock wrenches away until the Ref forces him to break. Bock reaches down but Lawler grabs him by his hair and punches up at his face. Lawler grabs Bock's trunks and hurls him through the ropes. 

Lawler grabs the ropes and helps himself up then limps around and regroups. Bock gets on the apron but Lawler grabs him and punches away then hurls him over the rope and back in the ring. The fans go wild as Lawler lowers his strap! Bock staggers up and Lawler unloads with Memphis style punches. Bock is teetering, Lawler winds up and puts Bock down with a big punch. Lawler picks up Bock and slams him down, swings off the ropes and drops a knee. Lawler hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a diving fist drop 1..2..3!!! The fans are up and cheering as is Lawler. No wait! The Ref sees Bock's foot under the rope and shows Lawler. The fans are livid. The match continues. 

A disappointed Lawler regains his focus. He picks up Bock but Bock rakes the eyes and starts to swing Lawler across the ring but Lawler reverses it but the Ref gets sandwiched and goes down as Bock collides with him. 

Lawler rubs his eyes then picks up Bock. The fans cheer as Lawler hoists Bock up and crashes down with a PILEDRIVER! Lawler covers but the Ref is still down. 

The fans boo as ADRIAN ADONIS runs in the ring and blasts Lawler with a chair! Adonis picks up Lawler and crashes him down on the chair with a DDT!!! 

Adonis grabs Bock and sets him on Lawler. Adonis gets out of the ring as the fans are in riot mode. 

The Ref slowly crawls over 1....2....3! 

NO! 

Massive boos! 

Bock is still reeling. The Ref helps him sit up. Bock sits in the corner as the Ref hands him the USWA title. Bock grimaces and is barley able to hold the title up but somehow manages a slight and arrogant grin. 

Winner of the Match and USWA Champion- Nick Bockwinkel! 

The only way the finish of the main event would've gotten more heat than it did here was it actually happened in Memphis instead of Jackson.  Adrian Adonis as Bock's partner in crime will be fun to follow. I'm interested to see how far you can go with this, considering that I've mostly seen the Adorable version of Adonis my whole life and less of what he did with Jesse Ventura and Dick Murdoch when they were totally badasses.

- Slinker always rated high in the 'scummy' meter

- Big win for The Naturals, as they rise up the tag team rankings. 

- Zybysko gets a solid win over Mike George

- Big title defense for Von Erich, and he gets the tough win. 

- Let's all say goodbye to Blackwell, as he hopefully moves on to bigger and better things. Ayala is continuing to get a decent push here. 

- Big win for The Grapplers, but they immediately have new challengers with Idol & Troy Graham. 

- Bockwinkel merges the title, and now Lawler has a new title to chase after. 

Really solid show and looking forward to how the USWA continues.

Sorry for falling a little behind.  

The TV show was packed full of craziness

The Grapplers gave the only reason they could be babyfaces as they did it to protect the Masked legend... Mr. Wrestling II.... Very creative!

So happy the Movement is back and strong as ever.   That was one of the best angles we had in 1984!

Carl Fergie is moving up the ranks of heels in this game and now he is going after the Lou Thesz trained Fleming.... interesting but my money is on Fergie as he just keeps moving on no matter what happens to him.

Tully and Baby Doll.... must always stay focused here but that's easy as BD was easy to focus on

Idol-Martel.... Idol could do it all on the mic and Martel could do it all in the ring... this is going to be HOT

What is Ron Slinker doing... seems like he is getting an Evil Bunch together!  Keep an eye on this as you are the master of the MId-Card

Will catch up on the House Shows later today... Great job

First... On to Jackson

Like seeing the House Show recaps here as we really see your pecking order

Like Ron Slinker's role here.  He is moving up the ladder and soon might be on par with Carl Fergie as a midcard heel with mega heat!

Crusher vs Ayala would have been a great one to see

Like VonErich staying with the belt... How far can he go without Fritz

Great work from TV to House show as we see first see the Grapplers take out Dream Machine and unmask him then they take out the Movement only for Dream and Idol to come out for revenge!  Really well booked.

Well Lawler found out that this is not Memphis anymore!  Bock with help from Adonis is in control of USWA!

USWA TV @ The Civic Auditorium, Knoxville TN 1-24-85

Highlights from Jackson are shown as Adrian Adonis interferes in the Bockwinkel/Lawler match. Adonis hits Lawler with a chair then DDT's him on the chair. Adonis sets Bock on top of Lawler for the pin. Bockwinkel is the USWA champion! 

The Grapplers defeat The Movement to become the USWA tag team champs! Afterwards Troy Graham and Austin Idol attack the Grapplers and leave with their titles. 

Lance Russell: Hello again everybody and welcome to another edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA Network. So much going on, so lets get right to it. Please welcome out the USWA promoter Jerry Jarrett. Jerry, I know you have something to say so the time is yours. 

Jarrett: Thank you Lance, right now I would like to ask the USWA champion Nick Bockwinkel to come out. 

Boos as Bock arrogantly walks out wearing a suit and sporting the USWA title on his shoulder. 

Jarrett: Last week was a historic night in the USWA as we crowned the first USWA champion. I was hoping for a clean victory but things didn't turn out that way. I should strip you of that title. Just why was Adonis out there? This isn't the first time you've relied on interference. I want you to know that those shenanigans will not be tolerated especially by our champion. What do you have to say for yourself? 

Bock grins then looks down. More boos as Adrian Adonis comes out. 

Adonis: (Looks at Jarrett) Turn off the interrogation light inspector. Mr. Bockwinkel never asked for my assistance. I acted alone and I'll tell you why. Jerry Jarrett, you play favorites and I for one am damn tired of it! You forced Dick Murdoch and myself to retire the TNT tag titles, fine but you didn't even give us a rightful spot to wrestle for the USWA tag titles. Murdoch left the territory and I was going to do the same but then I thought of something better. There was no way in hell I was going to let your precious golden boy Lawler walk out of Jackson with the USWA title. And I made damn sure he didn't! Lawler doesn't deserve that title. Nick Bockwinkel is a class act and that's why he's standing here with the title. Now everything is right in the USWA and if that gutter rat Lawler wants to do something about it, well I aint going anywhere! 

Adonis shakes Bock's hand and congratulates him. 

Bock: Mr. Adonis is a very admirable and honest man. The world needs more men like him. Jerry Jarrett, there you have it. 

Jarrett: The Ref made the count and the decision will remain but I'll be watching you Nick. As for you Adrian. Jerry Lawler called me from the hospital and demanded a match with you. When he's healthy he will get that match. 

Jarrett exits. Adonis doesn't seem to care as he follows.

Bock: Now that that's all cleared up. The reason I'm wearing the USWA title is because of my ability, cunning, athleticism, sheer guts and most of all my wrestling skills. Jerry Lawler just doesn't match up to any of that. I'm at the top of the mountain where I belong and I'm ready for all challengers. Good day Mr. Russell. 

bockwinkel.jpg.dc4e52d5e7315d11b9084d15ece22014.jpg

Lance: Ok, wow that was a lot to digest. I'll be speaking with Bockwinkel's next challenger later on. Fans, don't forget, tomorrow night at the Corpus Christi Convention Center there will be an 8 team tournament to crown the Central States tag team champs. Also on that card, there will be a battle royal to determine the Texas State Champ. Let's go to the ring.

Tully Blanchard w/Baby Doll vs. Vic Dutro 

Tully dominates and even holds Dutro by the ropes so Baby Doll can slap him. Tully finally finishes Dutro off with the Slingshot Suplex for the easy pin. 

Tully cuts a promo and says the battle royal is just a formality because he's walking out the Texas State Champion! 

Commercial Break 

Oates Outstanding w/Johnny Valiant vs. Sam and Sean Smith 

oates.png.b4e838cfb24d6d3edc57ec29ba5d6d39.png

The Oates look impressive as they tune up for the tournament. Jerry puts Sam in a hammerlock and slams him down then holds the arm as he tags in Ted. Ted comes off the ropes with a knee to the arm and covers 1..2..3! 

Boos as Steve Regal joins them at the podium. 

Valiant: Lance baby! Did you just see that wrestling clinic the Oates Outstanding displayed? No question about it, you're looking at the next Central States tag champs. Speaking of champs, next week Ricky Boy Martel is going to lose his TV title because he faces Mr. Electricity in a TV title bout. 

Regal: Ricky Boy! I've been overlooked long enough, brother your TV title is mine! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans, I have some news regarding tomorrow's tournament. The High Flyers were suppose to compete but due to previous booking commitments they will not be able to participate. However we do have a substitute team and they're in the ring. Boy do I have some questions for them after their match.

Bob DellaSerra and Gino Brito Jr. vs. Trent Watkins and Ray Royce 

This very unusual pairing surprisingly are gelling well as they send Royce up and over with a double back drop. Gino executes a hanging suplex and tags in Bob. Bob hoists Royce on his shoulders and hits a fireman's carry slam for the pin!

Lance: Gentleman,  I have to say I'm very surprised you're teaming up. Back in TNT you guys were on opposite sides and really going at it. I assume you've made amends? 

Gino: Exactly. Bob and I both live in Montreal and one day we bumped into each other. After an uneasy moment we got to talking and one thing's for sure we both love Montreal and we both love wrestling. Why not put our petty differences aside, embrace our culture and team up. 

Bob: We came to an agreement and here we are. You know we believe in Montreal's symbol and were calling ourselves the Coat of Arms. 

Boos as Ron Slinker leads out The Legion (Boris Zhukov and Baron Von Raschke). 

Slinker: Coat of Arms? That's your symbol? I know about symbols because I'm a black belt. I don't care what your symbol is because The Legion here is going to win the tournament! The Legion were set to face the High Flyers in the opening round and when the High Flyers found that out, they withdrew. So now you jackasses get to suffer a most humiliating defeat before you even get started. So why don't you boys just go back to Toronto and save yourselves the embarrassment. 

Brito and DellaSerra step closer but The Legion step in. Security rushes out before tempers flare. 

Commercial Break 

TV Champ Rick Martel vs. Gary Williams 

Martel looks great tonight as he simply outclasses Williams. Martel wins the match with a flying body press. 

Martel cuts a promo and says he's going to be a fighting TV champion and looks forward to his match with Regal next week. The fans cheer as Martel holds up the TV title. Martel turns around to walk away and WHAM! 

Regal superkicks him down! 

Valiant picks up the TV title and hands it to Regal. The fans boo as Regal smiles and holds it up then drops it on Martel. 

Commercial Break 

Bad Attitude (Matt Borne/Gary Young) W/ "Cool" Carl Fergie vs. William Hillman and Todd Rooney

Bad Attitude work over their opponents as Fergie cheers them on. Bad Attitude execute a double rib breaker to get the pin! 

Fergie cuts a promo and says next week on TV will be a glorious one because Bad Attitude will out here with the Central States titles! 

Lance: Ok, all the top teams will be gunning for those titles tomorrow night....

Boos as Sonny King leads out the Movement.

King: Here we go again! New territory same story! Everybody in Jackson saw that the illegal Grappler made the pin. The Movement was cheated and does Jarrett say anything about it? Hell No he didn't! This isn't over! However I do have some good news to share. Tomorrow night in Corpus Christi, Kerry Von Erich was set to  defend his Central States title against Roosevelt Jones but unfortunately Roosevelt is injured so now Kerry will defend against either Whatley or Conway. That's right, which ever one the Movement wants. That punk Von Erich can kiss his title goodbye! Jarrett! You owe the Movement and brother we will collect. 

Commercial Break 

Hercules Ayala vs. Paul Glader 

ayala.jpg.c5833d3387eef59bc5dd45003733e725.jpg

Ayala destroys Glader then clamps on the bearhug, rams him into the turnbuckles and belly to belly suplexes him over for the pin! Ayala picks up Glader by the hair and hurls him over the top rope then goes to the podium.

Ayala: Jerry Blackwell! You messed with me and now you're gone! Let that be a message to all those in the battle royal! I'm coming and I'm winning the Texas Title! 

Lance: Wow, he's more intense than ever. Ayala will be in the big Texas Title battle royal tomorrow night. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans, we were suppose to see Wendell Cooley and Johnny Rich in tag action but I understand Wendell has some information to share. 

Wendell: Lance, Johnny and I were really looking forward to making our USWA televised debut tonight as we were to tune up for the tournament. I'm not sure where Johnny is and I'm trying to get a hold of him. I know nothing will keep him away from the tournament and I know he'll be there tomorrow night. We haven't forgotten what Rolling Thunder did to us and we have them in the first round. Don't worry, Johnny Rich will be there! 

Lance: Well I hope Johnny Rich is ok and I'm sure wild horses couldn't keep him away from the tournament. Ok, well I think now is a good time to bring out the number one contender to the USWA title, please welcome out Carlos Colon. 

colon.jpg.df5c80283fd3edef392a672cd9d7edea.jpg

Cheers as Colon pumps his fist to the fans. 

Colon: Lance, I cant tell you how happy I am to be receiving a shot at the USWA title! I've worked hard for this opportunity and believe me I'll make the most of it! 

Commercial Break 

Scott McGhee vs. Artie Wheeler 

McGhee will be in the Texas Title battle royal. He looks fired up tonight as he swings Wheeler into the corner and follows with a running uppercut. McGhee grabs Wheeler, spins him around and hits a German Suplex for the pin! 

McGhee celebrates with the fans but from behind Tiger Chung Lee hits McGhee with his kendo stick! Lee hits McGhee several times with the kendo stick before leaving. 

Lance: It's obvious the issues between McGhee and Lee aren't over. Both men will be in the battle royal and I'm sure will cross paths. 

Commercial Break

Boos as "Dream Machine" Troy Graham and "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol are standing at the podium with the USWA Tag Titles. 

troy.jpg.04067da456e5eb63c7eb3f4ca17b170f.jpgidol.jpg.034390abaf1a4cd657e913366305a351.jpg

Lance: You know those belong to the Grapplers, right? 

Idol: Shut up Russell! My main man Graham has something to say.

Graham: Did those masked jerk offs think they were going to unmask me on national TV and get away with it? Did they honestly think I wouldn't be looking for some payback? Well if they did then they're stupider than I thought. They took my mask and we took their titles! These here titles are ours! You're looking at the most charismatic and talented team in wrestling. 

Idol: Darling he's so right. 

Jerry Jarrett walks out.

Jarrett: You're not the champs. Those titles belong to the Grapplers now hand them over or both of you are suspended. It's that simple. 

Graham: Why should we? They started it and we finished it! 

Jarrett: Hand them over now or start walking. 

Idol: Relax baby, he can have them, don't worry we'll get them back in a flash.

Graham: Yea you're right babay. Listen up Jarrett we want a title match with those ugly Grapplers!

Jarrett: Funny, that's exactly what the Grapplers want. You all will get that match.

Idol and Graham smile then  drop the titles on the ground and leave. 

Commercial Break 

TV Main Event 

"Timekeeper" Mike George vs. "Captain" Ron Slinker 

Both men will be in the Texas Title Battle Royal tomorrow night.

Slinker attacks at the bell and goes to work on George with karate kicks, thrusts and of course choking. George fires back with big right fists and a scoop slam. George hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a knee drop 1..2..Slinker gets his foot on the rope. George swings Slinker to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow drop. George hits a vertical suplex and follows with an elbow drop 1..Killer Brooks runs out and hops on the apron to distract the Ref. The Ref goes over and yells at Brooks. George walks over and is pointing at Brooks. Slinker staggers up then runs over and karate kicks George on the back of the head. George falls back and Slinker covers while Brooks holds George's foot 1..2..3! 

Brooks helps Slinker up and the fans boo as they celebrate.

Massive roar as SGT. SLAUGHTER hits the ring!!! 

Slaughter sends Brooks through the ropes with a clothesline. Slinker tries to run but Slaughter grabs him. Slaughter puts Slinker down with a big right fist! 

The Legion run out but the Coat of Arms is right behind and nail them. Both teams are fighting on the outside as Slinker rolls out of the ring and runs to the back. Brooks and The Legion follow. The Coat of Arms get in the ring to check on Mike George. 

Lance: Sgt. Slaughter is back. Last week Slinker and his unit did a number on Slaughter but I think... 

Slaughter pops up. 

Slaughter: Slinker! You maggot! Do you realize what you've done? You started a war! I will not stop until I've taken each one of your maggots down! One by one they will fall and it starts tomorrow night in the battle royal! 

slaughter.jpg.285d7107cab2e2f20a1a3355c9bf377e.jpg

Lance: What a way to end the show. Fans tomorrow night in Corpus Christi, champions will be crowned. I'll see you next week. 

Corpus Christi Convention Center tomorrow night

8- Team Central States Tag Team Tournament 

The Super Samoans

The Legion 

The Naturals

Bad Attitude

Cooley/Rich

Oates Outstanding 

Coat of Arms

Rolling Thunder 

Texas State Title Battle Royal

Tully Blanchard

Mr. Olympia

Sgt. Slaughter

Ron Slinker

Scott McGhee

Hercules Ayala

Mike George

Killer Brooks

Mark Fleming 

Tiger Chung Lee

Larry Zbyszko

Bruce Hart 

Kerry Von Erich (C) vs. Shaska Whatley or Tiger Conway w/Sonny KIng 

Nice use of the TV show to hype up the house show in Corpus Christi.  By the way, that is a great card for Corpus Christi.

Thought Adonis just coming out and saying he helped Bock was cool and sets up Lawler vs Adonis down the road.  This allows you time, even in Memphis, where Lawler doesn't need to be the champ or the challenger.

Valiant is such a slime ball that he is getting better and better at drawing heat on your shows!  He is one to watch.  

Regal vs Martel will be fun as they both have a lot of in-ring talent.  

Sarge as a fan favorite is a perfect choice to go after Slinker and his band of misfits.  This has potential to be an Army vs Army feud that could go on and on... Looking forward to see who joins Slaughter in this

USWA @ The Corpus Christi Convention Center 1-25-85

Central States Tag Team Title Tournament 

Round One 

The Super Samoans vs. Oates Outstanding w/Johnny Valiant

These teams have been feuding for the last month, so as soon as the bell rings they go at it. Valiant gets out of the ring quick. After some brawling, the Samoans dropkick the Oates out of the ring. Valiant regroups his men as the Ref gets control. Samoans control early and almost get a pin on Ted when Sakalia slammed him and Tui followed with a jumping elbow drop. Oates come back when Jerry nailed Tui from behind with a forearm blast. The Oates work Tui over in the corner. They hit a double suplex and Jerry follows with a knee drop but they cant put Tui away. Tui eventually makes the hot tag and Sakalia cleans house. Valiant hops on the apron and Sakalia puts him down with a kick. The Oates try and double team Sakalia but Tui runs in and it's chaos. Tui back drops Ted as Sakalia executes a sunset flip on Jerry 1..2..3! 

Winners by pin fall - Super Samoans 

Rolling Thunder vs. "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley and Johnny "Crash" Rich 

The fans boo as Shaw and DJ are in the ring taunting them. Cooley comes to the ring but he's alone. Where's Johnny Rich? The Ref is talking with Cooley. Shaw and DJ demand a forfeit. It looks like Cooley is ready to go at it alone but the fans cheer as Johnny Rich heads up the aisle. Rich talks with Cooley and it appears they're ready to go. 

Cooley starts the match against DJ. Cooley is on fire as he takes DJ over with hip tosses then nails him with a dropkick. DJ fly's back and tags in Shaw. Shaw charges but Cooley ducks and fires away with fists, swings him to the ropes and dropkicks him down. Cooley swings off the ropes and hits a leg drop 1..2..DJ runs in and drops a knee on Cooley. Shaw tags in DJ. They swing Cooley to the ropes and put him down with a double fist shot. Rolling Thunder really work Cooley over for a few minutes. Shaw misses a splash and the fans cheer Cooley on. Cooley crawls to the corner and right before he makes the tag, Rich hops off the apron. The fans are booing as Rich stares at Cooley then walks off. Rolling Thunder capitalize and end up finishing Cooley off with a double clothesline! 

The winners of the match by pin fall- Rolling Thunder

The Legion (Boris and Baron) vs. Coat of Arms (Brito and DellaSerra)

There's already animosity as these teams had a confrontation on TV.

The match is hard hitting. DellaSerra works the leg of Boris and tags in Brito. Brito applies the figure four but Baron comes in and kicks Brito. DellaSerra blasts Baron and they fight in the corner. The Ref gets control but not before Baron gets a cheap shot in on Brito. Legion takes control and double team Brito in the corner. Baron chokes Brito as Boris hammers away on his head then tags in Baron. Baron applies the claw! DellaSerra runs in and nails Baron. Boris runs in and brawls with DellaSerra. Boris rakes DellaSerra's eyes then kicks Brito and holds him. Baron swings off the ropes for a clothesline but Brito ducks and Baron hits Boris. DellaSerra hits a back suplex on Boris as Brito rolls up Baron 1..2..3!

The winners of the match by pin fall- Coat of Arms

The Naturals (George Wells/Brian Adias) vs. Bad Attitude (Matt Borne/Gary Young) w/ "Cool" Carl Fergie  

Back and forth match between 2 newly formed teams. Wells swings Young to the ropes and powerslams him over 1..2..Kick Out. Wells tags in Adias. Wells slams Young as Adias comes off the middle ropes with an elbow drop 1..2..Borne makes the save. Adias reaches down to pick up Young but Young rakes the eyes, dives over and tags in Borne. Borne takes Adias down with a forearm blast. Borne slams Adias, hops on the middle ropes and hits a forearm drop 1..2..Kick Out. Borne hits a backbreaker then goes to the top rope and goes for a bombs away but Adias moves as Borne crashes down. Adias tags in Wells. Wells suplexes Borne 1..2..Young breaks it. Wells pounds Young to his corner. Borne staggers up but Wells turns around and puts him down with a spear! Fergie gets on the apron and is distracting the Ref. Adias runs over and nails Fergie with a punch. Young nails Adias and they're brawling. Fergie gets a chair and gets back on the apron and is going to hit Adias but Wells runs over and grabs the chair. Borne all of a sudden just drops. Fergie is yelling at the Ref and telling him Wells hit Borne with the chair. The Ref sees Borne and sees Wells with the chair. The fans boo as the Ref disqualifies The Naturals. The Naturals are furious and pound away on Bad Attitude and send them through the ropes with punches. 

The winners of the match by DQ- Bad Attitude

Semi-Finals

The Super Samoans vs. Rolling Thunder 

Samoans do a good job using their teamwork to keep Rolling Thunder off guard. Rolling Thunder come back with their brute power. DJ swings Sakalia to the corner and follows with a running knee to the mid section. DJ follows with several knee thrusts then scoop slams Sakalia and tags in Shaw. Shaw slams Sakalia and hits a standing leg drop 1..2..Sakalia gets his foot on the rope. Rolling Thunder continue to work over Sakalia. DJ swings Sakalia to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Sakalia kicks him, dives over and tags in Tui. Tui is on fire as he unloads on DJ. Tui back drops DJ, swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop 1..2..Kick out. Tui swings DJ to the ropes and hits a crossbody block 1..2..Shaw drops an elbow. DJ tags in Shaw and Shaw throws Tui all over the ring. Rolling Thunder now work over Tui. Shaw swings Tui into the corner and goes for an avalanche but Tui moves! The fans go wild as Tui tags in Sakalia. Shaw staggers up and Sakalia drops him with a thrust kick. Sakalia drops several consecutive elbow drops 1..2..DJ breaks it. Tui runs in but the Ref guides him back. DJ picks up Sakalia and holds him as Shaw swings off the ropes but Tui trips Shaw. Sakalia headbutts DJ through the ropes. Tui gets in the ring. They swing Shaw to the ropes and nail him with a double superkick! Shaw goes back and through the ropes. Shaw stumbles around and falls back down, DJ runs over and gets Shaw back on the apron but it's to late as the Ref counts to 10! 

The winners of the match by C.O.- The Super Samoans

Coat of Arms vs. Bad Attitude w/"Cool" Carl Fergie

Brito and DellaSerra have defiantly put their past differences aside as they show off some excellent teamwork. Borne and Young are a new team as well but you wouldn't know it as they show off some solid chemistry. At the 10 minute mark, Coat of Arms are in control as Brito tags in DellaSerra. Brito executes a back suplex as DellaSerra clotheslines Borne 1..2..Young breaks it. Brito runs in and goes after Young but the Ref stumbles and gets caught between them and goes down. 

Boos as The Legion hits the ring and put a beating on Brito and DellaSerra. They double slam DellaSerra and throw Brito out of the ring. The Legion leaves as the fans throw garbage at them. Fergie is beside himself as he's encouraging Borne and Young. Bad Attitude get up and hit a double rib breaker on DellaSerra. Young drags the Ref over as Borne covers 1..2..3! 

The winners of the Match by pin fall- Bad Attitude

Mr. Olympia, Sgt. Slaughter, Larry Zbyszko, Tully Blanchard, Hercules Ayala, Ron Slinker, Scott McGhee, Killer Brooks, Tiger Chung Lee, Mike George, Mark Fleming, Bruce Hart

Of course Baby Doll is on the outside. 

The Ref holds up the Texas Title before going to the outside. The bell rings and it's a melee. 

Blanchard gets the first elimination as he hurls Fleming over the top rope. 

McGhee and Lee really go at it and eventually fight over the top rope.

Bruce Hart does pretty well and eliminates Mike George.

Ayala comes from behind and hurls Hart over the top rope. 

Slaughter clotheslines both Slinker and Brooks over the top rope.

It takes both Slaughter and Olympia to eliminate Ayala.

It's down to Blanchard, Larry Z, Slaughter and Olympia. 

Larry Z and Slaughter are fighting at the ropes. Slinker and Brooks haven't left yet and are on the outside yelling up at Slaughter. Slinker grabs Slaughter's foot which allows Larry to toss him over the top rope. Larry is laughing and looking down at Slaughter as Slinker and Brooks double team Slaughter, pick him up and throw him into the steel post, busting him open. 

While Larry is watching this, Olympia comes from behind and hurls him over the top rope. 

Blanchard comes from behind but Olympia turns around and fires away. Olympia is all over Blanchard as he punches him to the ropes. Blanchard hits him low and regroups. Blanchard swings Olympia to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Olympia swings back and clotheslines Tully over the top rope but Tully lands on the apron. Tully starts to slide off but Baby Doll pushes him back up. The Ref runs over but Baby Doll denies everything. Baby Doll walks around the ring and gets on the apron and starts yelling at Olympia. Olympia is warning her. Tully gets up, runs over and sends Olympia over the top rope with a high knee! 

The fans boo as Baby Doll gets in the rings and hugs Tully. The Ref hands Tully the title and the fans keep booing as Tully smiles and holds the title high.

tully.jpg.93f8b29e0840b6a92c13994dd155a4ec.jpgdoll.jpg.6aaae5270da9110c0b1a1222b8793cec.jpg

The Winner and new Texas State Champion- Tully Blanchard! 

Finals for the Central States Tag Team Titles

The Super Samoans vs. Bad Attitude w/ "Cool" Carl Fergie

The Ref raises the titles high. Fergie walks over and grabs the titles then yells over at the Samoans. The Ref takes them back. 

Both teams want the titles and go all out to win them. Samoans bust out all their high octane offense while Bad Attitude are nothing but ruthless. At the 20 minute mark, Sakalia hoists Young up and executes a Samoan drop then tags in Tui. Tui fly's of the top rope with an elbow drop 1..2..Borne barley makes the save. Sakalia sends him into the turnbuckles with a high kick. While the Ref guides Sakalia back, Borne charges and clotheslines Tui down. Borne drags Young to the corner and tags himself in. Borne swings Sakalia to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow drop. Borne hits a backbreaker then goes to the top rope. Borne crashes down with the Bombs Away 1..2..Tui makes the save! Young runs in but Tui punches him to the corner. The Ref gets control. Borne swings Tui to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Tui swings back and hits a diving headbutt then tags in Sakalia. Sakalia hits a gut wrench suplex then follows with 5 consecutive elbow drops. Sakalia hops on the middle ropes and hits a knee drop 1..2..Young breaks it! Tui runs in and him and Young are brawling in the corner. The Ref is trying to break them up. Fergie is on the outside, wrapping something up in a towel. Sakalia goes for a piledriver on Borne but Fergie gets on the top rope and crashes down on Sakalia with the loaded towel! Fergie rolls out of the ring. Borne puts his arm over Sakalia. The Ref sees this, runs over and counts 1..2..3! 

Massive Boos! 

Fergie drags Borne out of the ring. Tui knocks Young through the ropes then checks on Sakalia. 

The Ref hands Fergie the titles as Borne and Young try and regroup. 

The Winners of the tournament and new Central States Tag Team Champions- Bad Attitude! 

borne.jpg.16708151535d55004ea86c17c88f5187.jpgyoung.png.a018e2a6f93f5a9cfcd79a3a613763e3.png

Kerry Von Erich (C) vs. Shaska Whatley w/ Tiger Conway and Sonny KIng 

Whatley represents the Movement tonight as Roosevelt Jones is injured. 

tones.jpg.fddd1bd02bc46ab15b9285b6af90d46e.jpgking.jpg.056737f7d9da124e4efe68c8a4783746.jpg

The numbers game is a factor early as King and Conway distract Kerry allowing Whatley to attack at the bell. Whatley stomps Kerry down at the ropes then grabs the top rope and chokes Kerry with his boot. The Ref backs Whatley off which allows King and Conway to get in their cheap shots. Kerry staggers up but Whatley sends him through the ropes with a dropkick. King and Conway stomp away then hurl Kerry back in the ring. Whatley swings Kerry to the ropes and hits a diving cannonball headbutt 1..2..Kerry gets his shoulder up! The fans fire Kerry up. Whatley swings Kerry to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Kerry stops, grabs Whatley's head and slams it down on the mat. The fans are going crazy as Kerry makes his comeback. Kerry hammers away on Whatley then slams him down and follows with a standing fist drop. Kerry swings Whatley to the ropes and executes a military press slam! King gets on the apron but Kerry knocks him off with a punch. Conway gets on the apron but Kerry knocks him off the apron. Whatley staggers up but Kerry runs over and hits a bulldog 1..2..3! 

HUGE POP! 

Kerry is celebrating but WHAM! He's nailed by Roosevelt Jones! What's he doing here?? 

Conway and King get in the ring and put the boots to Kerry. Whatley staggers up and joins but wait! The fans are cheering as the Naturals hit the ring! 

It's a wild brawl! Kerry staggers up and everybody is fighting! 

Kerry and The Naturals punch The Movement members out of the ring and stand tall as the fans are up and cheering! 

kerry.jpg.61e2c7ef25394dcb31eaaeaa6515875b.jpg

The Winner of the Match and still Central States Champ- Kerry Von Erich 

So what is up with Johnny Rich... cant wait for the next show!

As soon as you reminded us that Baby Doll was at ringside for the Battle Royal, I just had a feeling Tully was coming out with the belt!

Big night for the heels as thy win 2 of the 3 title matches but all is right in Texas as the show ends with a VonErich win!

Fun show!  USWA is on fire!

TV at Knoxville

- Fun interview w/ Adonis & Bockwinkel to start off things
- Tully looks dangerous
- Oates as heels is interesting, and well, a stable of Steve Regal and the Oates needs a Valiant
- Solid win for Martel, even though he needs to more wary of Valiant & Regal 
- Hmm, I wonder where Johnny Rich is. 
- Colon coming in for a shot is interesting
- Graham & Idol are a good team, and always a fun interview.
- Big debut for Slaughter

Corpus Christi

- Super Samoans put The Oates back in their place. 
- Maybe Johnny Rich got some bad advice from his cousin? 
- Solid upset win for The Coat of Arms 
- Interesting win for Bad Attitude, as they manage to get their opponents DQ'd 
- Solid wins for The Super Samoans and Bad Attitude to get to the finals 
- Tully's the right choice to be the Texas champ, especially with Kerry also being a champ, as along w/ Baby Doll, he can be a great top level heel to upset the crowd, and get the babyfaces like Slaughter more over. 
- Big title win for Borne & Young, but you don't want two Samoan's upset at you.
- The Movement end things in a DQ, but thankfully, Kerry has some allies to keep things even. 

Solid set of shows, to move things forward, and get things settled in Texas.

USWA TV @ The Civic Auditorium Knoxville TN 1-31-85

Highlights are shown of Tully Blanchard winning the Texas Title battle royal. A montage is shown of the Central States tag title tournament with Bad Attitude winning the titles. 

Lance Russell: Hello again wrestling fans and welcome to another edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA network. Big show tonight as Rick Martel defends the TV title against Mr. Electricity Steve Regal. Also in action will be Sgt. Slaughter, Carlos Colon, Wendell Cooley, Adrian Adonis and the USWA tag champs The Grapplers. You will also see then debut of "Bronco" Bruce Hart. We'll hear from the USWA champ Nick Bockwinkel, Carl Fergie and his Central States Tag Champs Bad Attitude. Well here he comes along with Baby Doll, the newly crowned Texas State Champ Tully Blanchard. 

Tully: Lance Russell I hate to say I told you so but I told you so. I said the battle royal was just a formality and it was. I won the battle royal and here I am, your Texas State Champion. It's just a shame I have to be here on TV in Tennessee. This title is so much bigger than this state and quite frankly so am I. Anyways, Tully Blanchard is a fighting champ but the only problem is there's nobody worth fighting. 

Lance: Well now hold on. I've been told that Mr. Olympia will be getting an opportunity. 

Tully: You mean that masked buffoon? Come on! I easily disposed of him in the battle royal. 

Lance: With a little help from Baby Doll.

Tully: Shut up! Mr. Olympia cant even lace my boots. This is a joke and a bad joke. He's not worthy of a title shot or my time. 

Cheers as Mr. Olympia comes out. 

Olympia: I was in the back and am sick and tired of listening to you. 

Baby Doll: Hold on Tully, don't waste your time. I can sure handle this well I guess I can call him a man. Listen up, you're not getting a title shot because simply put, you're not man enough. That mask says it all. You're a scared little boy hiding behind a mask. I'll prove it right now. 

Baby Doll just SLAPS Olympia!! 

Olympia pauses then walks towards Baby Doll. 

WHAM! 

Tully nails on the back of his head with the title! 

Tully: That's that. 

Lance: (Looking down at Olympia) We're going to need some help out here. 

Commercial Break 

USWA Tag Champs The Grapplers vs. Todd Rooney and Gary Williams 

Pure showcase as the Grapplers dominate their opponents. The finish comes when Grappler 1 hoists Rooney up in a bearhug and Grappler 2 nails him with a clothesline from the middle ropes to get the pin! 

Lance mentions when Graham and Idol stole the Grapplers titles but Jerry Jarrett forced them to give them back. Lance says the Grapplers will be defending the titles against Graham and Idol this weekend in Clarksburg. 

Grapplers cut a promo and call Graham and Idol chickens and thieves. Grapplers say they're going to administer some justice this weekend. 

Commercial Break 

Adrian Adonis vs. Vic Dutro

adonis.jpg.44984636a353e9597a657418e408a2b1.jpg

Adonis gets massive heat as the Tennessee fans haven't forgotten what he did to Jerry Lawler.

Adonis punches, kicks and stomps Dutro down. Dutro staggers up and Adonis kicks him then puts him down with the DDT for the pin! The fans boo as Adonis heads to the podium.

Lance: Well these fans are sure letting you know how they feel.

Adonis: You really think I care!

Lance: Well here's something you and the fans might care about. On March 14th, the USWA will present it's first closed circuit card of the year. The event will take place in Indianapolis and it's called Scores to Settle. The first match signed is you facing Jerry The KIng Lawler!

Huge Pop

Adonis: Oh is that suppose to scare me? Yea I'm shaking. This is the best news I've heard in months. Lawler! You're nothing but a lowlife gutter rat! When I get my hands on you I'm going to beat you down to the ground boy! Then I'll finally rid the USWA of Jarrett's favorite. 

Commercial Break 

"Golden Boy" Jerry Grey vs. Goldie Rogers 

grey.jpg.53a335eec8e41ffcd4e5ed0a9ac42e33.jpggoldie.jpg.de2b3237bf2c457a4122c4ab14451ef8.jpg

These two were in TNT awhile ago and make their returns tonight. 

These guys go back and forth. Rogers takes control as he slams Grey by the ropes then grabs the top rope and drops several knees. Rogers hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee 1..2..Kick Out. Rogers swings Grey to the turnbuckles and charges but Grey gets his knees up. Grey comes back with a slam followed by a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. The two battle back and forth and are in a furious slugfest when the bell rings, signaling a draw. 

Commercial Break 

Johnny Valiant is at the podium with Lance.

Valiant: I was in the back getting my man Steve Regal ready for his TV title match but I had to come out here because of what I just saw. I cant believe Jerry Grey and Goldie Rogers were out here taking up valuable TV time while Oates Outstanding don't even get a match tonight. What the hell is going on? I once managed both Grey and Rogers and there's a reason I'm not managing them anymore. Because they're losers, washed up and don't have any talent. Whoever booked those second rate losers in a match should be fired. 

Cheers as Goldie Rogers comes out.

Rogers: Listen up Jack! You got something to say? Say it to my face! 

Valiant: Whoa, slow down baby. I was just....

Valiant is backing up but he stops and turns around to see Jerry Grey standing behind him. Valiant is scared out of his mind. Grey and Rogers grab him by his shirt and hurl him into the ring. Before they can get in the ring, the Oates run out and attack them. All four men are brawling into the commercial break. 

Commercial Break

Carlos Colon vs. Trent Watkins

Colon has the fans fired up as he puts Trent down with a big fist. Colon does a cartwheel then clotheslines Trent down. Colon swings Trent to the ropes and hits a diving headbutt. Colon climbs to the top rope. Trent staggers up and Colon hits a diving clothesline for the pin! The fans cheer as Colon pumps his fist to them. 

Lance: Big win for Carlos Colon. Colon will get a USWA title shot in 2 weeks at the Hemisfair Arena. On that note please welcome out the USWA champ Nick Bockwinkel. Nick, you have to be impressed with what you just saw. 

Bock: I'm not impressed. Carlos Colon is a good competitor but I'm impressive. In two weeks time, one Carlos Colon will find out who he's dealing with. I never get tired of saying this but I am the most premier dominate wrestler in the world and that's why I'm the one and only true champion. Colon you will be just another notch on my impeccable resume. 

Commercial Break 

Viewers come back and see Les Thornton standing in front of a castle.

les.jpg.0a23e8ec29398a19b807c6fa6cf3b761.jpg

Les: For decades the United Kingdom has proven it's superiority to the world in terms of wrestling. It's now time to show America just what I'm talking about. Soon you will see the greatest wrestler to ever put on a pair of tights. His name is Tony St. Clair and he's simply the best. 

tony.jpg.c0c376e154153263dacb429e6d3111bb.jpg

Lance: Ok, Les Thornton is bringing Tony St. Clair to the USWA. St. Clair will make his debut at the big Scores to Settle event on March 14th. His opponent is in the ring right now. 

"The Technician" Mark Fleming vs. Earl Cantrell 

Fleming puts his amateur skills to work as he outwrestles his opponent. Fleming backdrops Earl, as Earl staggers up, Fleming executes a rolling cradle for the pin! 

Fleming cuts a promo and says he'll be up for the task on March 15th against Tony St. Clair. 

Commercial Break 

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley vs. Sean Smith 

Cooley is on fire as he hip tosses Smith over and follows with a dropkick. Cooley scoops Smith up and hits the Oklahoma Stampede for the win! The fans cheer as Cooley heads to the podium. 

wendell.jpg.3f16e8749a246c99075a8ebc9316640c.jpg

Lance: Good win Wendell but I have to ask, what's going on with Johnny Rich? First he no shows on TV, then he just walks out on you in a tournament match. 

Cooley: Lance, I wish I had an answer. He never gave me an explanation. Then he showed up at the match only to walk out on me. Johnny Rich! Big mistake brother! I gave you a chance and you left me high and dry. You better not show your face here because if you do it's going to be hell to pay! 

Commercial Break 

Super Samoans vs. Randy Jones and Paul Glader  

Samoans look sharp tonight as they execute some high flying maneuvers. Sakalia hoists Glader up and Samoan Drops him back then tags in Tui. Tui comes off the top rope with an elbow drop for the pin! 

Lance: Big win for the Super Samoans. Lot's of teams gunning for a title shot and speaking of champs, I want to bring out the newly crowned Central States tag champs Bad Attitude along with their manager Carl Fergie. 

Fergie: That's Cool Carl Fergie! Get it right Lance. Now, why don't you formally congratulate my team of Matt Borne and Gary Young. Come on, do it! 

Lance: I was getting to that. Congratulations on winning the tournament and titles. 

Fergie: That didn't sound to sincere but what would I expect from a nerd like you. Now USWA better get ready because the best team going today are rocking the Central States tag titles. Bad Attitude is at the top and nobody is going to knock them off and I mean nobody! I understand the Super Stooges are first in line? 

Lance: Super Samoans

Fergie: The only thing that means is the Super Stooges are the first to go down! 

Fergie and Bad Attitude have a good laugh before leaving. 

Lance: (Rolls his eyes) Our big TV title bout is next. 

Commercial Break 

TV Title Bout 

Rick Martel (C) vs. "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal w/Johnny Valiant 

Valiant distracts Martel at the bell and Regal tries to attack from behind but Martel turns around and fires away on Regal, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Regal staggers up and Martel scoop slams him then hops on the middle ropes and comes back with a back elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Martel swings Regal to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Regal kicks him and regroups. Martel staggers up and Regal nails him with a superkick 1..2..Martel gets his shoulder up. 

Regal swings Martel into the corner and charges in with a knee to the mid section. Regal follows with several knee thrusts then grabs Martel by the hair and hurls him over. Martel sits up and Regal executes a neck snap. Regal swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop 1..2..Martel gets his shoulder up. Valiant and Regal berate the Ref. Regal hoists Martel up and hits a delayed vertical suplex. Regal picks Martel up and delivers another delayed vertical suplex. Regal goes to the top rope and motions around his waist like the title is his. Regal fly's off and goes for a leg drop but Martel moves! 

Regal is rolling around in pain as the fans fire Martel up. 

Martel picks up Regal and suplexes him back. Martel picks Regal up and executes a swinging neckbreaker. Valiant gets on the apron. Martel walks towards Valiant. Valiant is yelling at him. Regal staggers up and charges Martel with a high knee but Martel moves and Regal nails Valiant! Valiant fly's off the apron. Martel grabs Regal, swings him hard into the turnbuckles. Regal staggers forward, Martel scoop slams him, goes outside to the apron and hits a sling shot splash 1..2..3! 

Huge pop! 

The fans are up and cheering as Martel holds the TV title high. 

Commercial Break

Lance: Rick Martel retains the TV title in a hard fought match. Johnny Valiant and Steve Regal are still in the ring. We're set for the debut of Bruce Hart. 

"Bronco" Bruce Hart vs. Neil Ramsey 

The Ref finally gets Regal and Valiant out of the ring. The fans cheer as Hart makes his way out. Regal and Valiant are in his way. Hart tries to walk by but Valiant starts yelling at him. 

WHAM! 

Regal nails Hart from behind and throws him into the steel post, busting him open. Regal picks up Hart and suplexes him on the concrete! 

Valiant gets Regal out of there as Goldie Rogers and Jerry Grey come running out. They look down at Hart and signal for medical assistance. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Bruce Hart has been helped out of here. What a shame as we were all looking forward to his debut. Steve Regal sure spoiled that with his despicable actions. I sure hope he's ok. Fans before we get to our last match, next week's big main event will be Central States Champ Kerry Von Erich and The Naturals facing all 3 members of The Movement. Should be a good one. 

Sgt. Slaughter vs. Jason James 

Slaughter gets the fans back into things as he swings James to the ropes and clotheslines him down. Slaughter pulls James up and clamps on the cobra clutch! It's over! The fans chant USA as Slaughter heads to the podium. 

Slaughter: Slinker! I told you I was taking all of your maggots down one by one and this weekend it starts with you Baron Von Raschke! One by one until I get to you Slinker! Sgt. Slaughter has declared war! 

Lance: There you have it. Fans in Odessa wont want to miss that one. I'll see you all next week.