NXT TakeOver: XXV

NintendoLogic

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mad Dog said:

I like Matt Riddle but I feel like he needs to simplify his offense a bit. His matches can get a little incoherent with him trying to show all the stuff he can do. He needs to learn how to keep it in his pants a little more.

Yeah some of those rolling side suplexes were impressive but they got a little convoluted and awkward looking.

1 minute ago, The Thread Killer said:

I feel that if you're on your honeymoon, and you find yourself in the crowd at a Pro Wrestling show holding up a sign that says "Just Married" you might need to reconsider your life choices.

One of my friends was at the AEW press conference and there was a marriage proposal.

My wife and I went to a WEC event on our honeymoon so I can't really speak on that.

2 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

Yeah some of those rolling side suplexes were impressive but they got a little convoluted and awkward looking.

It's more like he's suplexing, then he's moonsauting and then he's MMAing. It's cool he can do all that shit but save some of that shit for other matches.

Only caught the last five minutes of the opener but what I saw was real good, Riddle even doing the Gary Goodridge/Paul Herrara 'elbows of destruction' from one of the early UFC's.

Ladder match was great and Kyle O'Reilly is something else.  That first bump he took onto the ladder cutting his back open must've hurt something rotten.  Forgotten Sons were killing themselves in this and Jaxson was portrayed way stronger than I expected (I rarely watch the TV show).  Awesome finish with the Ford springboard as Blake then takes another crazy bump.  Dude's got some serious potential although I see absolutely nothing in Dawkins.  I'm actually enjoying Beth on commentary and I like how she doesn't feel the need to constantly speak/scream like Mauro and to a lesser extent Nigel, the former has been pretty insufferable at times.  Props to Oney here too before I forget him, understated but a more than solid hand.

I've no interest in the North American title match so am having a break to check out the thread and I'll switch back for Shayna/Io.  Not bothering with the main either.

So short haired-Tyler Breeze looks like a better-looking version of Christian. 

Finish was clever, but the match didn't quite do it for me. Dream's work still looks awkward, which really showed during the reversal sequence they tried. 

9 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

The problem with Dream on the main roster is Dream is just Dream. The guy doesn't have a gimmick because he's just being himself. Vince and creative don't handle real on the main roster. That is why they are going to fuck him up.

What?!

Did you see Tough Enough? Patrick Clark is nothing like Dream. 

It's an act all the way, but it's a damn good one.