Pro Wrestling Only

The Wade Keller Appreciation Thread

Loss

Possible. I doubt Dave even pays much attention to saying what plays to the board. Bryan... seems unlikely. My guess is that 90%+ are Bryan Fans who are more than willing to stomp on the 10% who aren't. When you have that, what Bryan writes is already over with them.

John

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has nothing to do with ripping Bryan or Dave and more with really really bad personal attacks being taken lightly by Dave and Bryan.

I don't think Dave's pays attention to any of that stuff. :)

It sounds like Bryan just lets the Fig-4 board be the wild west. That's certainly one way to manage a board: let most anything go and not worry about it.

John

Ive heard a very different story Bix.

I may be remembering some of the specifics wrong, but Rob has always admitted he gave out the login, and Bryan said that was why he was banned.

(It may have also been a free login as part of being a Dr. Keith Show co-host-ish person).

• 2 months later...

Keller returned to his plea to WWE to stop using homophobic slurs and comments such as what Cena said to Justin Gabriel recently on yesterday's Livecast (around 33 minute mark) citing the recent gay teen suicides in press such as Tyler Clementi.

What do you guys think? I know the last time this came up either here or DVDR a few people were defending it beside it has been a wrestling staple to call the heel a sissy. But shouldnt WWE set an example for kids?

As a minor point or an aside Edge is yet another wrestler who has insulted Swagger's lisp last night on Smackdown.

I think Keller's obviously right, though Cena's joke regarding Gabriel was subtle enough that it would fly over most young children's heads. Not that that makes it OK, but it's far from the worst example of homophobia within wrestling this year. Orlando Jordan's portrayal of a predatory bisexual freak heel was much worse in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Not Wade, but Torch related. Bruce's continuing puroresu-denial is funny. Brings back the memory of Dave not buying that Puroresu / プロレス is a real word, and coming up with a new explanation for it not being a real word when people showed him stuff like it being on the cover of Weekly Pro Wrestling... in the name of the magazine. :) They just don't seem to want to let go of the fact that not only didn't "we" make it up, but even Hisa Tanabe didn't make it up: he introduced into the US a real Japanese word commonly used and known over there.

John

Not Wade, but Torch related. Bruce's continuing puroresu-denial is funny. Brings back the memory of Dave not buying that Puroresu / プロレス is a real word, and coming up with a new explanation for it not being a real word when people showed him stuff like it being on the cover of Weekly Pro Wrestling... in the name of the magazine. :) They just don't seem to want to let go of the fact that not only didn't "we" make it up, but even Hisa Tanabe didn't make it up: he introduced into the US a real Japanese word commonly used and known over there.

John

The denial of puroresu being an actual word complete with the translated magazine cover containing said word only for the denial to continue, was truly one of the most bizarre threads I've seen.

I mean, why even go that way if you want to go all tin foil hat denier of reality? That's not even a top 1000 wrestling tin hat idea.

I can't believe I remember that. Ancient history.

Guest Slickster

From Wade Keller's Wiki page:

In 2004, he wrestled Dave Meltzer in a Table match. He defeated him in 14 minutes when he powerbombed him on a flaming table. Meltzer then cried and admitted Keller was better than him.

He also likes the daily show and free range chickens.

Can't be that, Hennig fell down on camera and was clearly drunk during his promo.

Huh? Bruce briefly recapped the incident on his Torch show. On the F4W board someone posted video of that situation so Im up to speed there.

Was Bruce highlighting that particular incident what sent Eric off to intimate that Bruce a paedophile or whatever? What was Eric responding to at the time he made that comment? Do you know Bix, as you confronted Eric about it?

What I mean is that I don't recall what caused Bischoff to go off to that degree but I doubt it was talking about Hennig thing because Hennig was slurring his words during his promo and fell down on camera. There was a lot of discussion about it online in the week or so after it happened. This was also at least a year and a half before Bischoff gave that interview.

• 4 weeks later...