Pro Wrestling Only

2020 Wrestlemania Weekend

Phil Schneider

Looks like some of the indies like Black Label Pro and AAW are going to run shows in the near future in front of no crowds. It's one thing for WWE to do it but these indies doing shows like that seem stupid. Just imagine if someone catches the Coronavirus at one of these shows.  I just don't think it's worth it.

43 minutes ago, Tim Evans said:

Looks like some of the indies like Black Label Pro and AAW are going to run shows in the near future in front of no crowds. It's one thing for WWE to do it but these indies doing shows like that seem stupid. Just imagine if someone catches the Coronavirus at one of these shows.  I just don't think it's worth it.

On the flip side - these guys need the money and indies can't pay them if they're not running shows. WWE can easily eat the talent costs for two months when they have a guaranteed TV contract.

12 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

Yeah. That seems like a beehive that you don't want to kick. All it takes is one person on one show to spread it and it could ruin more than that single company. 

Ideally if nothing else you try and restrict contact between anyone but the wrestlers in the match. Don't run a battle royal under any circumstances. Maybe you can get away with a tag match. But keep it limited.

12 hours ago, SirEdger said:

Personally, I'll take any wrestling distraction I can while this freaking pandemic passes. And since we probably won't have fans in attendance in the foreseeable future, this is our new normal for now.

I have more wrestling distractions than I'll ever watch on endless terabytes of disk space. Cancel all these shows ASAP.