Pro Wrestling Only

2020 Wrestlemania Weekend

Phil Schneider

We are back on the "Too many Mania shows" discourse which I'm staunchly against. Excited what we get this year. Hoping they don't do Cassandro dirty on the Effy show. Let them light it up.

Pizza Party has announced Caveman Ugg vs. KTB but more importantly Yehi vs. Makabe II. The match last year was a hoot. Excited that this promotion gets to run it back a year later after a year of growth. Already seeing the value of that promotion with Oswald Project, a real unique talent, starting to break out with bookings for GCW, Beyond, and CHIKARA this month alone.

Gage vs. Low Ki should be good...but I think I'm more interested in Gage vs. Bonnar. Two dudes with truly weird presence. Bonnar gonna throw that spinning roundhouse bby! Also hoping that means he is on Bloodsport. 

I'll be in Tampa that weekend and will be attending a bunch of shows, but I am not sure which ones yet. I've been torn on going to PROGRESS or Bloodsport on Thursday, but seeing Barnett/Moxley announced has made me more inclined to attend Bloodsport and with Ki/Gage on afterwards, I may head to the ICW show after Bloodsport.

They've announced a ton of others for that ROH card including Jay Lethal. I went to the ROH Supercard in Lakeland during WrestleMania 30 weekend, I won't make the same mistake again.

I'm not sure why they run shows so far away from everyone else. Orlando and Tampa are quite the long drives from Lakeland and there will be a ton of quality cards on that day and at that time, so I don't get why anyone would want to head out of Tampa to catch a single show far out. Plus the majority of the guys on the ROH card will be working for other companies in Tampa that weekend.

Our schedule for WrestleMania weekend is looking like:

Thursday -- Bloodsport or PROGRESS and the WWN SuperShow or ICW, depending if I'm not too tired.
Friday -- Spring Break
Saturday -- wXw, TakeOver and TakeOver Hangover.

If it's like last year, the really high-profile Collective shows like Spring Break and Bloodsport will be pay-per-event in FITE TV, with other stuff like AIW, Effy's Brunch, ICW, etc. should be live on IWTV. 

The WrestleCon stuff all ended up on Highspots on a next-day VOD basis last year, and I expect the same this year.

The Evolve/WWN stuff will stream live on WWN for the 14 wrestling bloggers and 3 actual fans that have WWN subs :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 11:27 PM, clintthecrippler said:

If it's like last year, the really high-profile Collective shows like Spring Break and Bloodsport will be pay-per-event in FITE TV, with other stuff like AIW, Effy's Brunch, ICW, etc. should be live on IWTV. 

The WrestleCon stuff all ended up on Highspots on a next-day VOD basis last year, and I expect the same this year.

The Evolve/WWN stuff will stream live on WWN for the 14 wrestling bloggers and 3 actual fans that have WWN subs :)

Smart Mark tweeted last night that only Prestige, ICW NHB and Beyond are streaming on IWTV, which is a shame compared to last year's line up. The Collective isn't really good value for me at £130-odd, especially as I'll be spending most of Saturday at the football, so I'll probably just watch the 3 IWTV streams and use the rest of the weekend to catch up on other recent shows