Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite February 12

sek69

On 2/14/2020 at 9:13 AM, NotJayTabb said:

This weeks show was down 100k viewers, which seems odd given the near universal approval that met last weeks show. Was there some big must-see TV on in America on Wednesday, or are AEW always going to have a fluctuating viewership for the time being?

On 2/14/2020 at 12:53 PM, gordi said:

Season debut of Survivor, maybe? 

On 2/14/2020 at 3:27 PM, Blehschmidt said:

That'd be the only thing I can think of. This is the big all winners season, so it could have potentially drawn quite an audience.

I watched Survivor instead of wrestling - neither card looked compelling to me on paper - so it worked on at least one viewer.

3 hours ago, C.S. said:

I watched Survivor instead of wrestling - neither card looked compelling to me on paper - so it worked on at least one viewer.

Me too. :lol: I couldn't resist seeing all those winners from the past 20 years/40 seasons all playing at once.  And I wasn't disappointed, either. #TeamYul Who are you pulling for, @C.S.?

Dunno about the ratings, but I was busy through the week and caught the episode this weekend. It was excellent. Jericho-Mox and Cody-MJF are terrific builds, and I am loving the evolution of Adam Page's character. Also, holy shit is Santana a good promo. 

I think a storyline of Riho chasing the monster heel and winning her title again will be a huge hit. Riho is a clear ratings draw, and I think AEW have done an excellent job with Nyla. 

The Survivor permier, plus Chicago PD on NBC returning off of a major cliffhanger.

But, I think that was hands down the best Dynamite episode since the show started in October. Literally, the only thing that I didn't care for was the schmozz at the end with all the tag teams. It just felt like a poor excuse to trot them all out and push the battle royal.

Dr. Britt's reference to Whataburger was great. In just a few weeks, she seems to have found her footing on her heel promos.

MJF vs. Jungle Boy looked like it would have been right at home in a Jim Crockett ring, for all the right reasons!

Santana and Dustin both had killer promos, and being in Austin, the crowd was great during Dustin vs. Sammy.

No Cody, which seems like a bad thing, but it gets over the fallout from the lashes, and I can only imagine the intensity we'll see from him in Atlanta this week.

And, AEW's marked improvement the last few weeks, seems to coincide with Tony Khan taking on a more hands on role in the creative end.

10 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

Me too. :lol: I couldn't resist seeing all those winners from the past 20 years/40 seasons all playing at once.  And I wasn't disappointed, either. #TeamYul Who are you pulling for, @C.S.?

Not that you asked me, but since I watched it instead of either wrestling show too, I thought I'd chip in #TeamParvati

6 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

Not that you asked me, but since I watched it instead of either wrestling show too, I thought I'd chip in #TeamParvati

I hear you @Blehschmidt, but the problem she, Sandra and Boston Rob are facing is that they're almost too infamous and have huge targets on their backs...in my opinion.

17 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

Also Yul. :D 

Ironically, I'm not even familiar with most of these people... 

My friend has been trying to get me to watch Survivor for ten years now, but she finally got with me with David vs. Goliath because John Hennigan was on it. Wish I had started much sooner!

Still, I lucked out with what was apparently an all-time great season for my first one. It was certainly better than the seasons since then have been. 

13 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

I hear you @Blehschmidt, but the problem she, Sandra and Boston Rob are facing is that they're almost too infamous and have huge targets on their backs...in my opinion.

Oh, I know. But I rooted for her in her previous seasons, so I can't stop now. If not her, I think Ethan is my second choice. I've been watching since Season 1, and I still find myself liking the earlier winners better. I just find them more memorable. I'm starting to think we'd better start a Survivor thread!