Pro Wrestling Only

WWE The Horror Show at Extreme Rules - Who booked this crap?

cactus

So yeah, this is about to start in half hour. Someone's going to lose a literal eye tonight. Asuka versus Banks should be good. Some of the stipulation matches sound like they could be WCW in 1995 levels of bad. Can't wait to watch this and question my life choices. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really cannot recall a time when a WWE PPV has had less hype than a TNA/Impact one. I mean, I'm sure somebody could point to one or two instances, but this is literally the same weekend and the expectations/buzz between this show and Slammiversary are just night and day.

I'm going to check this out tomorrow, but don't expect to get all the way through it in one sitting. 

Plusses:

+ Both women's title matches are intriguing to me, especially Asuka/Banks. 

+ The Eye-for-an-Eye and Swamp Match have "car crash"/"so bad they're good" potential. In both cases, I'll readily admit to being more interested in seeing ridiculous ga-ga and over-the-top bullshit rather than actually seeing them try to do straight-up matches. I love comparing Rollins to Triple H, but there's a part of him that's Edge-like too in that I will admit that I prefer him in stipulation matches.

+ McIntyre is squashing Ziggler in under 2 minutes, right? 

Negatives:

- Neither of the two matches on the card (Crews/MVP and New Day/Nakamura & Cesaro) strike me as particularly interesting. I've heard good things about MVP's work on RAW recently, but I guess I thought that was mostly as a manager? Crews doesn't do much for me. As for the SmackDown Tag Titles, Cesaro is always great in tags and New Day really don't have "bad" matches...but having "good matches for good matches' sake" is one of my least favorite WWE tropes. At first I would compare it to putting wrestlers on hamster wheels, but I now get more of the feeling like I'm the one on the wheel, perpetually watching guys like Cesaro and Big E wrestle good matches and wondering "Why don't they do something with this guy?" and realizing that I've been asking that question for 5 years now. 

- There's a chance they actually let Ziggler get some offense in for absolutely no reason.

I doubt I'm going to get through all this tonight. WWE are throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. The gimmick matches are going to be awful, but I'm sure WWE will be happy if it gets people talking. 

Owens and Murphy are having a match on the pre-show. Murphy really wants to be Kenny Omega, doesn't he? He throws a weak V-Trigger. Fun enough indyriffic match. 

5 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Also I just launched the app on my Xbox One and the commentary was set to Spanish for some reason. I'd like to think it was my Xbox trying to look out for me.

I actually set the language to German on the last PPV. I can't speak a lick of German, but Cole and Graves were becoming too much for me. 

New Day once again proving to be the king of the opening match PPV with a really good tables match.  Cesaro & Nak should be just as great as The Bar although except for the New Day and maybe the Usos that division is weak

I feel like I say it every show but is this the time that Alexa turns on NIkki Cross.  

5 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Oh my god

bray wyatt fucking sucks

turn him into a (intentional) comedy character

I will say that using a clip from the Smackdown Karaoke segment as the "most horrifying thing you will see" entertained me a lot more than the Swamp match probably we

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I will say that using a clip from the Smackdown Karaoke segment as the "most horrifying thing you will see" entertained me a lot more than the Swamp match probably we

I mean, it's self aware. If only Wyatt were like this all the time, and not someone we are supposed to take seriously...

LET'S GO TO CARNY BULLSHIT......

IN THREE DEE