Pro Wrestling Only

NWA Weekly PPV

Memphis Mark

Probably because it's less an NWA show than several indies working together. With Mike Bennett in the main event... Nothing against the guy, but really now. Free on Youtube, I'd probably bat an eye at the main event, just for the sake of it. By sheer virtue of working All Out and Dynamite, Thunder Rosa is a much bigger name than anyone there.

So I found one of the low level channels on my TV package actually airs the Championship Wrestling from Hollywood show, and it just happened to be their first two weeks back from the pandemic. 

Other than a little bit of "we've got 6 months of pent up angles we're going to bukkake on your face" it was a pretty decent show. Helps a lot that they were already in a small TV studio so no fans doesn't take nearly as much from their aesthetic as it did for other shows. 

They were doing a lot of plugs for the NWA show since they are pretty much the ones partnering up for this (the "United Wrestling Network" is pretty much them creating a fictional governing body for them and their Arizona offshoot that apparently being booked by Peter Avalon), and I have to say it was a pretty well produced.

So, Mike Benett totally looks like a younger, jacked-up Eric Young. Hey, he's actually quite a good worker too ! Total sprint. 10 minutes or so match with a ref bump ten seconds in. Kamille (who looks even more impressive than on Powerr) back at ringside to prevent Maria to protect her husband, I guess, although she did nothing when Maria gave Mike the belt (which he did not use in a very bad drama spot, as he would have been DQed if he did since the ref was right there). Awful announcing totally overselling the drama and emotion. Match itself was quite a good TV match, kinda like a Cody TNT title defense. Maria really good as a valet still. These two could be used pretty well somewhere.

But, PPV ? Weekly PPVs ? Come on now.

On 9/15/2020 at 9:53 PM, sek69 said:

So I found one of the low level channels on my TV package actually airs the Championship Wrestling from Hollywood show, and it just happened to be their first two weeks back from the pandemic. 

Other than a little bit of "we've got 6 months of pent up angles we're going to bukkake on your face" it was a pretty decent show. Helps a lot that they were already in a small TV studio so no fans doesn't take nearly as much from their aesthetic as it did for other shows. 

They were doing a lot of plugs for the NWA show since they are pretty much the ones partnering up for this (the "United Wrestling Network" is pretty much them creating a fictional governing body for them and their Arizona offshoot that apparently being booked by Peter Avalon), and I have to say it was a pretty well produced.

Championship Wrestling From Hollywood is one of the more underrated promotions out there. It has it's ups and downs like any promotion but for a decade they have put out mostly good TV with the Pearce/Colt feud being their best stuff.

On 9/17/2020 at 5:38 PM, El-P said:

So, Mike Benett totally looks like a younger, jacked-up Eric Young. Hey, he's actually quite a good worker too ! Total sprint. 10 minutes or so match with a ref bump ten seconds in. Kamille (who looks even more impressive than on Powerr) back at ringside to prevent Maria to protect her husband, I guess, although she did nothing when Maria gave Mike the belt (which he did not use in a very bad drama spot, as he would have been DQed if he did since the ref was right there). Awful announcing totally overselling the drama and emotion. Match itself was quite a good TV match, kinda like a Cody TNT title defense. Maria really good as a valet still. These two could be used pretty well somewhere.

But, PPV ? Weekly PPVs ? Come on now.

Good to hear that Bennett did well. Huge fan of his 2016 Impact run and am hoping he and Maria come back.