Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - December 16, 2020

MoS

Okay, I know Matt Hardy is a legend, but I hate how prominently he has been pushed, and I don't care how many people he puts over *Eventually*, I still think featuring him this prominently is a mistake. 

On the other hand, their slow build of MJF v. Jericho has been perfect so far. That's an absolute goldmine of an angle. I hope they keep on this path.

That was a great promo by Rosa. However - and genuinely no disrespect to Rosa - Britt remains the only legit star in the AEW's women's division. I hope we have Dr. Baker, our heel world champion soon. That belt needs her. She's genuinely the best thing in the women's division rn

Always love to see Serena and even Ivelisse, who, whatever you might say about her, is a precocious wrestling talent. Big Swole looks so out of place here. I would get it if it was just a lack of wrestling ability. But she is neither big nor particularly swole so I really don't know what her appeal is supposed to be lol

I definitely feel this was a very underwhelming episode of AEW. I get that this booking has led to a lot of interest in the last couple of weeks, but I think the last couple Dynamites have been really underwhelming and have either not led to any cognisant eventual result, or are just prolonging a story - with rather boring characters - that doesn't interest me

2 hours ago, MoS said:

Lol Kingston cut such a great promo, he got PAC to be cheered like crazy as if he is a returning hero. If no one else, at least @C.S. will agree with me about how that shows just what an absolute epic promo Kingston is. An absolute King. So glad to see him in action

Haven't watched the show yet, but I am firmly on the Eddie Kingston train. Not using him properly really exposed that the NWA didn't always necessarily have its finger on the pulse (as much fun as I had watching Powerrr for a while).

Between Private Party, Top Flight and now the acclaimed, there are a lot of young tag teams that really aren't ready for Dynamite yet. Top Flight has potential but man the acclaimed are bad just based on the last two weeks. Maybe they are better on Dark.

How did Janela get a title shot? And why was it no dq? Omega tried but I almost would have rather seen Omega vs Sonny Kiss. Omega/Fenix sounds good. I do miss Moxley though.