Pro Wrestling Only

Who's working with who, the thread

sek69

Since CMLL felt compelled to put a video out on their Youtube channel confirming their partnership with New Japan was still strong, I thought it would be interesting to see which companies are working with whom in 2021:

AEW:  New Japan, Impact, AAA (although they can't work with anyone in the US due to lawsuits)

New Japan: AEW, CMLL, Impact, ROH (maybe? Marty Scrull just showed up here after getting fired from ROH, not sure how that will go down)

Impact: AEW, New Japan, AAA (same disclaimer as above)

WWE: Still has ties with UK indies but none of them appear to be running shows anytime soon

It still amazes me how the business has gone from using footage from one territory to promote someone's arrival in another, to the WWF/E mindset of pretending the competition doesn't exist while at the same time doing everything to run them out of business, to Tony Khan using some form of wizardry to get multiple major promotions from across the globe to work together.

Except of course CMLL/AAA, which will always be locked in an endless feud because CMLL is run by people who have legendary grudge holding skills.

MLW seems to be working with AAA and maybe NOAH (they haven't mentioned it recently, though), and seems to have at least an open relationship with New Japan since they were referenced on the Super J Cup.

New Japan probably still has a relationship with Rev Pro in the UK that will probably kick up when people can travel again.

WWE has some sort of ties with Progress in London, WXW in Germany, Evolve in the US, and ICW in Scotland. All of those indies have had their shows during the pandemic end up on the network. 

Doesn't AEW some sort of working relationships with a lot of the stronger regional indies? Places like Game Changer Wrestling, PWG, House of Hardcore, etc.... all of their underneath talent still was working those places regularly, especially prior to the pandemic. Some of their top guys do to, just this weekend Moxley worked GCW. 

MLW has a working relationship with The Crash in Tijauna, if the Crash is still in business, they haven't ran a show in a year. 

ROH has a working relationship with Maryland Championship Wrestling as does Evolve. 

Big Japan had a long working relationship with WXW before the pandemic. They also worked with GCW and DTU on garbage shows.  

And in Japan everybody other that New Japan seems to be using guys from every other company because nobody has enough depth on their roster to fill out a whole show. 

2 hours ago, joeg said:

Doesn't AEW some sort of working relationships with a lot of the stronger regional indies? Places like Game Changer Wrestling, PWG, House of Hardcore, etc.... all of their underneath talent still was working those places regularly, especially prior to the pandemic. Some of their top guys do to, just this weekend Moxley worked GCW. 

I think they just let their people work indies as long as it doesn't clash with any AEW dates. I'm sure it builds a lot of good will with them though, since they are used to WWE playing hardball with everyone.

AEW with NWA, whatever that means today.

2 hours ago, joeg said:

MLW has a working relationship with The Crash in Tijauna, if the Crash is still in business, they haven't ran a show in a year. 

Plus considering Konnan severe health issues lately, I doubt will hear about the Crash for a long time (that is Konnan's promotion, right ?).

36 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I think they just let their people work indies as long as it doesn't clash with any AEW dates.

Yes, I think so to. #independantcontractors.

15 hours ago, joeg said:

WWE has some sort of ties with Progress in London, WXW in Germany, Evolve in the US, and ICW in Scotland. All of those indies have had their shows during the pandemic end up on the network.

Evolve is dead since last summer and WWE purchased their tape library and trademarks.