Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - May 19 2021

sek69

Ugh fuck this. Blonds loosing is horse shit. I am so sick of the constant interference in the Elite’s matches. This has completely ruined what was a great show to me. 

Blonds were looking like stars. They should have pulled the trigger. Bucks vs Mox/Eddy doesn’t need a title anyway.  I really hated this. 

-Dynamite Thoughts-

Having Mox and Kingston come to the ring first, so they would be there to kick the shit out of The Acclaimed after their rap was great thinking.

The sit out shinbreaker that Shida gave to Rebel looked nasty as hell

The Deeb/Red Velvet match was a lot of fun. I definitely agree that they have something with Velvet. She is small enough to be a great underdog, but is a good enough worker to be totally believable, and she keeps getting better.

I know someone said this last week, but if they keep having Ogogo beat up Billy Gunn and his kids, they are going to babyface him to a lot of us!

A Blondes win would have been a feel good moment, but they would have felt like transitional champions, because they have no one to feud with. Bucks are tied up with Mox/Kingston. FTR and Santana/Ortiz are stuck in the Pinnacle/Inner Circle nonsense. Jungle Boy seems destined to break out on his own. Lucha Brothers aren't being used for shit. The Acclaimed just got beat. Best Friends are afterthoughts. Dark Order are afterthoughts. So, what would you do with them if they won?

You are right about them being transitional champions. What angered me so much was that they talked about dark side of the ring and mentioned many times throughout the show that the Bucks mocked Bryan’s dad and then..they have him tap out. This is not good heat to me. If this had been in the middle of the show, I would have flipped the channel and not come back. Maybe I am overreacting but I taught that AEW would be better than this kind of cheap heat. 

Maybe they could feud with Matt Hardy’s group. Private Party are not doing a whole lot right now. Butcher/Blade when Butcher comes back. Since they are not using TH2, that could give them something to do. I don’t know, I have been so down on the Bucks since the terrible FTR feud that I wanted something else. They still have great matches but the constant interference in the Elite matches is getting on my nerves and not in a good way. 

18 hours ago, Enforcer said:

Mox/Eddy using Onita’s version of Wild Thing is amazing.  

I get a kick out of them taking two weeks (it was two weeks ago that he debuted the theme, right ?) to figure out Onita did not actually come out to the Troggs but to the cover by X. :lol: Also, it confirms 1000% that it *is* an Onita tribute so yeah, I marked out again. That made the episode for me (I mean, I enjoyed most of it anyway, but it could have been the only thing on the show and everything was awesome already).

Also The Acclaimed's rap deal is getting better by the week. I don't know if it was nerves or what, but their intro was horrible at first but saying Eddie looked like a pack of Newports was both hilarious and probably the most accurate description of him ever. 

It doesn't help that The Lucha Bros keep getting hurt. The report came out today that Rey Fenix has been hurt which explains his absence.

I don't really like the loser breaks up stipulation cause I mean its basically saying The Pinnacle wins right? I mean they just got together so why break them up so soon. So I assume they win and the Inner Circle breaks up. Which I am alright with. LaX need to move on actually go help out this tag division. Same with FTR they need to be the champs. I was not happy with Bucks going over and especially when they gave that stupid stipulation of if we lose we break up that had no more build too it cause they said it like a week or two before the match. Just weird booking.

Speaking of I don't really care for The Bucks or this whole Elite angle. I feel The Bucks ruined anything meaningful on their end with playing the tweener too much. I don't care for them as heels now cause they should have done it from the start and as faces they were very MEH....I do wonder what the plan with Omega is. I mean this triple threat with Pac/Orange at DoN is obviously a filler match. It will be fun to watch but no doubt who wins it in the end which takes away from it. I thought I would care more about The Good Brothers but they haven't done anything besides just interfere in matches and that's really about it so them even being apart of this angle is just Meh in my opinion. I don't know really how this angle changes to become interesting. The only positive out of it is Mox/Kingston being great together.

Also this Impact/AEW working thing can just go ahead and end now. It has lead to nothing of note. Kenny being Impact Champion is a complete waste of his time and ours.

59 minutes ago, El-P said:

I get a kick out of them taking two weeks (it was two weeks ago that he debuted the theme, right ?) to figure out Onita did not actually come out to the Troggs but to the cover by X. :lol: Also, it confirms 1000% that it *is* an Onita tribute so yeah, I marked out again. That made the episode for me (I mean, I enjoyed most of it anyway, but it could have been the only thing on the show and everything was awesome already).

I now what to see Moxley spit water while pointing at the crowd!! 

I'm not normally a fan of one sided stips like that, since it usually gives away the finish, but in this case it almost makes you want to see the Inner Circle lose since it seems they've reached the end of what they can do. 

Dynamite was another fun show. I love AEW's undercard and future prospects. The Acclaimed (especially Max Caster), Varsity Blondes, Bear Country, Top Flight, Austin Gunn, Red Velvet etc. Just a really solid future for AEW. Everyone has some sort of personality with the exception of Top Flight, but it appears they are working on the selling point for that team to be its innovation as those guys are always trying something new. AEW uses these men and women really good as well. Austin (and his brother) are on Dark and Dark Elevation stacking up wins again unsigned talent from around the country and the world and build up a good record that looks impressive when going against one of the main stars on Dynamite. Wins and loses being counted really helps with this. Ogogo didn't beat a scrub, he beat a guy that was, IIRC, on an 11 fight win streak.

Which brings me to my next point. I love being wrong. I was wrong about Guevara, Dark Order, Brit Baker, and Red Velvet. AEW has something with Red Velvet, I don't know what it is, but things are starting to click with her. I hope she stays the course and stays focus on the business, because I think she could be a really player for AEW in about two years time.

11 hours ago, fakeplastictrees said:

Dynamite was another fun show. I love AEW's undercard and future prospects. The Acclaimed (especially Max Caster), Varsity Blondes, Bear Country, Top Flight, Austin Gunn, Red Velvet etc. Just a really solid future for AEW. Everyone has some sort of personality with the exception of Top Flight, but it appears they are working on the selling point for that team to be its innovation as those guys are always trying something new. AEW uses these men and women really good as well. Austin (and his brother) are on Dark and Dark Elevation stacking up wins again unsigned talent from around the country and the world and build up a good record that looks impressive when going against one of the main stars on Dynamite. Wins and loses being counted really helps with this. Ogogo didn't beat a scrub, he beat a guy that was, IIRC, on an 11 fight win streak.

Which brings me to my next point. I love being wrong. I was wrong about Guevara, Dark Order, Brit Baker, and Red Velvet. AEW has something with Red Velvet, I don't know what it is, but things are starting to click with her. I hope she stays the course and stays focus on the business, because I think she could be a really player for AEW in about two years time.

You are right about Top Flight. Their whole character is based on doing impressive moves and flying a lot which is kinda boring in a promotion that already employs Rey Fenix.

When they first came in, I taught that they would steal Private Party’s spot but PP have eclipsed then personality wise since the heel turn and I’d rather watch PP than Top Flight.