Pro Wrestling Only

Cesaro vs Brad Armstrong

Loss

Cesaro vs Brad Armstrong  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you rank higher?

• Cesaro
    • Brad Armstrong

I'm not sure I've seen a Brad Armstrong performance that was better than very good. He's not someone I'd consider for a top 100. I'm not as high on Cesaro as some, but he's managed to remain interesting for 15 years despite Vince's lack of interest in him, and he has some great efforts on his docket. So this feels like a walkover. 

Armstrong won't and Cesaro is unlikely to make my top 100.  This is a great example of an input/output comparison.  I think Brad Armstrong is better than Cesaro at more things that make for a good professional wrestling match.  But Cesaro's had the opportunity to put together a ton more matches that generally exceed the best that Armstrong could do in his role.  For me that makes it an easy Cesaro vote but I could easily understand someone going the other way for the same reasons.

Cesaro is one of the better wrestlers of this century, an athletic freak who has found fun ways to utilize that to his advantage his entire career. While his offense is something he has a lot of notoriety for, his ability to bring out the best of his opponents is notable. He’s an other worldly base for high fliers, like best in non Lucha history. Plug him in with a random high flier, you will get something really fun. He also works very well in a more “hoss fight” setting, and has real good stuff with the likes of Sheamus and others in his career. He’s a shoo in for my list, no question.

Brad Armstrong is… pretty good. I’d give deeper thoughts, but in my watches of Brad he’s never got past that level to me. 

This is a cakewalk imo.