Pro Wrestling Only

Continental Championship Wrestling

GeneJackson95

Oh man, poor Adonis just can't do anything right. He's in big trouble. 

If Al is putting up 5 grand and has Slink in his corner, you have to be ready for anything. Just ask Steve Armstrong.

Nightmares get the win but Desperados quickly get their heat back.

Street and Poffo go at it. That sneaky Woman manages to get one over on Street. I'm sure there's a lot more to come. 

Budro, Dutch and Dundee win a round against the Stud Stable. 

I believe JYD and Magnum have sealed the fate of Sato and Goto. I wonder what was said to send JYD and Magnum running. 

Get well soon Tommy! I know it killed him to have to sit back and watch his cousins go down to the Armstrongs. 

Shocking ending as BRUISER BRODY arrives and destroys Dusty! Chicky's money is well spent here. Khan gets the win. And now we know why JYD and Magnum were nowhere to be found. Genius storyline! 

Bleh is right, Chicky might have the NWA title in no time. 

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Continental Championship Wrestling TV

Airing on Saturday October 16, 1986

Host: Charlie Platt

Co-Host: Ronnie P. Gossett

Ring Announcer: Freddie Miller

Interviewer: Joe Pedicino

(Opening montage rolls and we then go to Charlie Platt in a TV studio in Dothan standing in front a CCW backdrop)

Platt: "Hello everyone and welcome to Continental Championship Wrestling, I'm coming to you from a television studio here in Dothan, Alabama to bring you some unfortunate news and we'll then go to the arena to see this week's matches including the two ring battle royal to determine the last two entrants into the NWA World Title contenders tournament at the big Halloween Havoc event coming up on Halloween night at the Omni in Atlanta, Georgia.  However at this time it's my unfortunate duty to inform you that our NWA World Heavyweight Champion Magnum T.A. has been in a terrible automobile accident.  We don't have many details at this time, all I can say is Magnum could really use your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes along with his family.  Obviously the show you'll see from the arena tonight was pre-recorded so you will hear some mentions of Magnum who was scheduled to team up this Monday in Montgomery with the Junkyard Dog to take on Bruiser Brody and Killer Khan in a steel cage match.  I will be back here in the studio later in the program to speak with JYD and find out what his intentions are for this Monday's match in light of Magnum's terrible accident.  Let's go now to the arena where I was joined by Les Thatcher and of course Ronnie P. Gossett to discuss this week's card in Montgomery along with the attack on Dusty Rhodes by Bruiser Brody."

--------------------------------

(Charlie Platt/Ronnie P. Gossett is joined by CCW Commissioner Les Thatcher)

Platt: "Les, it was a very wild night last week in Huntsville, especially the debut of Bruiser Brody who attacked Dusty Rhodes costing him the stretcher match against Killer Khan."

Thatcher: "That's putting it mildly. There will be not one but two steel cage matches this Monday night at the Civic Center in Montgomery.  First of all last week, I had hoped we could settle the issue between Adrian Street and Luscious Lanny by barring all the seconds from ringside but unfortunately Woman chose to ignore that stipulation and disguise herself to come out of the crowd help Poffo steal a victory…..well I'm here to inform you that due to her actions on Monday ignoring the stipulations, Woman has been fined and suspended indefinitely from Continental Wrestling.  This Monday night Adrian Street will take on Luscious Lanny Poffo in a Steel Cage match where the loser will leave CCW! (Crowd cheers).  Also, with the stunt Chicky Starr pulled last week bringing in Bruiser Brody to attack Dusty Rhodes costing him his stretcher match with Killer Khan, there's really nothing I can do there as it was an unsanctioned match.  Dusty was pretty badly injured and was taken to the hospital and as of now we haven't gotten an update on his condition but I think it's safe to say, 'the American Dream' will be on the shelf for a bit but his friends Magnum T.A. and the Junkyard Dog have demanded a tag team match against Brody and Khan and Chicky Starr has demanded it be in a steel cage!"

RPG: "What do you plan to do about the Southeastern title?"

Thatcher: "We don't know yet how long Dusty will be out of action."

RPG: "I get that….however if you've been paying attention the way my good friend and associate Chicky Starr and I have…..you would realize that with all these tag matches and unsanctioned matches Dusty has had with Killer Khan, TODAY marks thirty days since he's defended the title."

Thatcher: "I don't know if that's true but I will certainly look into it."

RPG: "Of course it's true Les Thatcher, I'm nothing if not honest.  I'm just looking forward to seeing Bruiser Brody win that battle royal tonight and go on to Halloween Havoc."

Thatcher: "Sorry to disappoint you Ronnie, but Brody will not be in tonight's battle royal…..he wasn't on the roster when the match was signed.  In fact, Killer Khan is not in it either."

RPG: "Chicky will NOT be happy about this."

Thatcher: "Well my heart just bleeds for Chicky.  Charlie, we'll have the full card to you by the end of the program."

Platt: "Thanks, Les…..and let's go down to the ring to see the return of Roy Lee Welch, a former U.S. Jr Champion who will be challenging Tom Prichard this Monday night in Montgomery for the title."

====================

MATCH #1:

Roy Lee Welch pinned Jackie Daytona following a neckbreaker

(We cut to Roy Lee Welch entering the dressing room where the Stud Stable is waiting on him)

Ron Fuller: "Hey cousin! What a great win you had there, it's so good to finally have you back here in Continental."

Welch: "Thanks Ron, it's good to be back!"

Ron: "Look, I don't know if you've been watching the show but that idiot Buddy Landel has brought some guys in and we could really use your help here."

Welch: "Oh no guys, I'm just here making one last go at the U.S. Jr title….if I can't beat Prichard for the belt, then I think it's time to call it a career and move on."

Robert: "Well that's perfect Roy, that's what we need is a manager! You'd be perfect! What do ya say?"

Welch: (thinks for a moment) "Wait, that makes it sound like you think I can't beat Prichard…."

Golden: "That's not it at all…..come on man, even if you win that little jr belt or whatever you could still be our manager."

Welch: "Look….I'm no manager but I know just the guy! He'd be perfect for you guys.  He's a real slick guy and sharp as a tack. I'll give him a call and send him your way, he's one of my best buddies."

Ron: Ok...well….sounds good.  Get him in touch with us."

Welch: "I sure will."

====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

====================

(We return to the studio where Charlie is joined by the Junkyard Dog who seems pretty shook up)

Platt: "I'm joined now by the Junkyard Dog, JYD…I know you, like all of us are pretty distraught over what's happened to Magnum and this tragic accident."

JYD: "I'm beyond distraught Charlie, Magnum is a good friend and partner of mine who is in the prime of life, the prime of his career….I mean….he's the World Champion, he's worked so hard and come so far…..it's just…..I just don't know what to say about it Charlie."

Platt: "I know it's hard to talk about or even think about wrestling at a time like this but what do you intend to do about this tag team cage match for this Monday that Magnum was scheduled to be your partner for…"

JYD: "I honestly don't know, it's really the furthest thing from my mind right now……but I don't care if I have to face those monsters by myself, I'll do that if I have to because I know Magnum would do the same if he was in my position and after what they did to Dusty….someone has to try and stop them."

(Jerry Stubbs walks into the frame)

Stubbs: "Forgive me for intruding here guys…..but first of all I want to say that I've got nothing but the utmost respect for Magnum T.A., at the end of our match he showed me respect when NO ONE else around here had in quite a long time. I want to say to Magnum and his family that you're all in my prayers and I know Magnum is going to come back from this better and stronger than ever…..I also wanted to tell you JYD, you know you were one of my favorite tag team partners I've ever teamed with and it would be my honor to team with you Monday night against Chicky Starr's goons who injured Dusty Rhodes last week."

JYD: "Look Jerry, I appreciate the offer…..but I have to tell you…..I can't go into a cage match against two monsters like Brody and Khan with a guy whose been having a nervous breakdown out here on TV, besides I never teamed Jerry Stubbs….i don't need a guy who is a shell of himself….I need my old partner…..I need…MR. OLYMPIA!"

Stubbs: "Well JYD…..I'm sorry but I don't think that guy exists anymore…..good luck on Monday." (Stubbs leaves)

Platt: "I don't know Dog, perhaps even a broken Jerry Stubbs is better than no partner at all."

JYD: (shakes his head and walks away)

====================

MATCH #2:

The Cobra pinned Randy Watson following an inverted piledriver

====================

(The camera pans over to a small stage with a cactus on each corner of the stage with a sombrero on top of each. A large pinata is hanging down right over the middle of the set, with two green director's chairs arranged in the middle with a large banner on the wall behind them that says 'FIESTA GARDEN' on it, we then cut to a smiling Al Madril who has his five thousand dollars in cash fanned out for the camera)

Madril: "Hola Mi Amigos! Are you ready for another episode of the highest rated pro wrestling interview show of ALL TIME, the one and only Fiesta Garden brought to you by our generous sponsor, the Starr Corporation! As always I'm your host, compadre, and role model, 'The Great' Al Madril!  And you know we couldn't do the show without our head of security, former Police Officer, the forty nine time Karate Champion, the innovator of the Crane Kick, and three time winner of the Kumite…..the man Freddy Krueger has NIGHTMARES about, "Unarmed and Dangerous" Ron Slinker! (Slinker as always is sporting his red karate gi and doing his best to ignore the intro) Say hello, Slink!"

Slinker: "Again?"

Madril: (not smiling) "Every week…."

Slinker: (unamused) "Hello Slink…"

Madril: (smiling again) "That's the money right there! That's what keeps them tuning in.  Anyway, this week is another special show as this is going to be the debut of someone I'm told is not only a great wrestler but an amazing entertainer and performer….so welcome his manager, Downtown Bruno!"

(Bruno comes out in a western style suit with all sorts of rhinestones and "diamonds" on it as well as a cowboy hat)

Gossett: (on commentary) "Did Porter Wagoner have a yard sale?"

Madril: "Howdy partner, welcome to the show."

Bruno: "Look Madril, don't get cute with me out here, I've seen your show before and I know you fancy yourself to be the Cheech Marin of pro wrestling but this is serious business."

Madril: "Obviously, as soon as I saw you come out in this get up, I thought to myself, 'he's clearly here to conduct some serious business'. " (laughs)

Bruno: "You know what, I don't have to put up with this….I could have introduced this man on any number of television shows…Johnny Carson, Nashville Now, heck I got calls from Crook AND Chase but no I chose this show and now you wanna treat this like some kinda joke?"

Madril: "My apologizes Bruno, was just having a little fun….I knew that Crook called but I didn't know Chase was onboard as well.  So let's get down to it my friend…..let's get this guy out here."

Bruno: "Ok, so without a further adieu…or adont, see I can be funny too Madril. (Madril smirks as generic sounding country music starts playing over the P.A.) Allow me to introduce to you…a multi-talented entertainer, 'The Sweet Music Man', 'The Music City Sensation' Billy Joe Travis!!"

(Billy Joe Travis comes out carrying a guitar wearing long baby blue tights with music notes down the side and 'Mr. Nashville' on the rear, blue/white cowboy style wrestling boots, and a western style vest blue with white fringe)

Travis: "Howdy Alberto! It's a pleasure for Ol' Billy Joe to be on the Fi-eehsta Gardens here."

Madril: "Wow, you really are country."

Travis: "Aww heck Al, I'm just a good ol' country boy that God blessed with not only immense rasslin talent but the voice of an angel."

Madril: "No kidding, well hell man….how about you go ahead and play a few notes and sing for us."

Bruno: "Uhh no not right now…he uhh"

Travis: "Don't be silly Bruno…..here we go. (Clumsily strums at the guitar and more yelling then singing belts out completely off key) "ALL MY EXES LIVE IN TEXAS…" (Bruno quickly cuts him off as Madril grimaces and tugs at his shirt collar)

Bruno: "Come Madril, what are you doing….you can't ask a performer of his caliber to just sing on the spur of the moment like that, he has to tune his guitar…..do his vocal exercises…plus you have to pay to hear the 'Music City Sensation' perform his hits."

Madril: "His hits? Wasn't that George Strait?"

Travis: "Ok, how about this one? (Slams away at the guitar) YOU GOTTA KNOW WHEN TO HOLD 'EM….KNOW WHEN TO FO…." (Bruno stops him and tells him they've to go)

Madril: (laughing) "Good call Bruno, I'd say it's time to 'fold em'. Well there you have another exciting edition of the Fiesta Garden….and I'm happy to announce that this Monday night I'll be giving another broke wrestler a chance to win FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS, although they really won't have much of a chance as there's no way they can beat….the 'GREAT' Al Madril, isn't that right, Slink?"

Slinker: (Nods in agreement)

Madril: "Slink, if we learned anything tonight….it's that I'm glad you don't talk or dress like a hillbilly from Nashville…but I'd be willing to bet you're a better singer. Wanna sing something for us?"

Slinker: (Disgusted Silence)

Madril: "See, that was much better than Billy Joe Travis. Now if everyone will excuse me, I've got a battle royal to win tonight so I can go on to the Halloween Havoc. Until next time, Adios from the Fiesta Garden!"

====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

====================

(We cut to the interview area where Joe Pedicino will do the lottery ball drawing, he checks the ball for the number and gets the name from the list)

Pedicino: "Tonight's challenger for the Television title will be……Nelson Royal."

---------------------------------

MATCH #3

NWA Continental Television Championship

Terry Taylor pinned Nelson Royal with a backslide in 9:22

=======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=======================

(As we return from the break, we see Sherri Martel in the locker room pacing back and forth while Adrian Adonis sits and stares at the floor)

Martel: "I had such high hopes when I signed you and brought you to Continental….but time and time again, week in and week out you have done nothing but lose and disappoint me."

Adonis: "I know Sherri and I'm sorry…..I don't know what's going on with me.  I just can't get it together."

Martel: "I know, I know. Look…I think you need someone to help you get it together as you say. Look at you, this look is outdated, you look like a lost member of the Village People.  You need to get your confidence back…..you need to reinvent yourself…..I know someone that can help us. I'm going to send you away for a while to someone who will help you and when you come back, you and I are going to get some gold around that waist. (looks down at his waist) or….over your shoulder at least."

Adonis: "I can't leave right now….what about Wendell Cooley?"

Martel: "After that stunt Cooley pulled last week, I know that he's been leading me on and messing with me, but don't you worry about that….I found someone who is going to take care of Cooley…..you just go do what you need to do and I'll deal with Cooley."

(Adonis gets up and leaves the room)

==========================

(Charlie from the studio runs down the card for Monday night in Montgomery, Alabama)

Civic Center

Montgomery, Alabama

Monday October 18, 1986

Bell Time: 7pm

MAIN EVENT

STEEL CAGE MATCH

Bruiser Brody/Killer Khan w/Chicky Starr & Teijho Khan

vs.

The Junkyard Dog/????????

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

STEEL CAGE LOSER LEAVES TOWN MATCH

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda & Mongolian Stomper

vs.

"Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Woman & Man

SIX MAN ELIMINATION TAG TEAM MATCH

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel/"Superstar" Bill Dundee/"Dirty" Dutch Mantel

vs.

The Stud Stable (Robert & Ron Fuller/Jimmy Golden)

10 LASHES TO THE LOSERS

(with Ms. Betsy the Bullwhip)

The Desperados (Ron Bass/Killer Brooks) w/Downtown Bruno

vs.

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

GRUDGE MATCH

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

vs.

Jason the Terrible

NWA U.S. Jr Championship

Tom Prichard w/Sherri Martel

vs.

Roy Lee Welch

Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk

vs.

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) w/Sherri Martel

Al Madril's $5,000 Challenge

==========================

(Platt explains this two ring battle royal will not be like typical two ring battle royals. Essentially this will be two battle royals going on at once with 12 men in each ring, when you're thrown out you're eliminated, you don't go to the other ring)

------------------------------------------

MATCH #4:

TWENTY FOUR MAN TWO RING BATTLE ROYAL

(Last man in Ring #1 and Last man in Ring #2 will be entered in the Halloween Havoc Tournament)

RING #1:

1. Wendell Cooley
  2. Ron Bass
  3. Mongolian Stomper
  4. Killer Brooks
  5. Adrian Street
  6. Tommy Rich
  7. Lanny Poffo
  8. Bill Dundee
  9. Robert Fuller
  10. Jimmy Golden
  11. Nightmare Danny Davis
  12. Nightmare Ken Wayne

**ELIMINATIONS**

1. Ron Bass eliminated Nightmare Ken Wayne
  2. Wendell Cooley eliminated Killer Brooks
  3. Adrian Street eliminated Lanny Poffo
  4. Mongolian Stomper immediately eliminated Street after Poffo
  5. Fuller/Golden eliminated Bill Dundee
  6. Tommy Rich eliminated Nightmare Danny Davis
  7. Mongolian Stomper eliminated Jimmy Golden
  8. Wendell Cooley eliminated Ron Bass
  9. Tommy Rich/Robert Fuller eliminated Mongolian Stomper
  10. Wendell Cooley eliminated Robert Fuller
  11. Tommy Rich eliminated Wendell Cooley after Sherri brought down Jason the Terrible who got in the ring and attacked Cooley and leaving him easy pickings for Rich to eliminate and win ring #1

WINNER--RING #1: Tommy "Wildfire" Rich

Ring #2:

1. Tom Prichard
  2. Brad Armstrong
  3. Johnny Rich
  4. The Bullet
  5. Dutch Mantell
  6. Al Madril
  7. Super Destroyer #1
  8. Super Destroyer #2
  9. Tom Zenk
  10. Tyree Pride
  11. Mr. Wrestling 3
  12. Ron Fuller

**ELIMINATIONS**

1. Tom Zenk eliminated Super D #1
  2. Super D #2 eliminated Tom Zenk
  3. Tyree Pride eliminated Al Madril with a dropkick to the back
  4. Ron Fuller eliminated Mr. Wrestling 3
  5. Johnny Rich and The Bullet went over the top rope at the same time eliminating both
  6. Tom Prichard eliminated Tyree Pride
  7. Dutch Mantell eliminated Tom Prichard
  8. Brad Armstrong eliminated Super D #2
  9. Ron Fuller eliminated Dutch Mantell
  10. Brad Armstrong eliminated Ron Fuller to win ring #2

WINNER RING #2-- Brad Armstrong

Platt: "Well, there you have Tommy Rich and Brad Armstrong will join Buddy Landel, Terry Taylor, and Dusty Rhodes to enter the World Championship contenders tournament at Halloween Havoc."

RPG: "Yeah, but you have to ask….with the recent injury to Dusty Rhodes, will he be physically able to compete in this tournament? Also, if CCW strips Dusty of the Southeastern title as they should…..will they be able to crown a new champion in time to send the new champion in Dusty's place?"

Platt: "That all remains to be seen but join us next week and we'll find out exactly how this all will play out for Halloween Havoc."

© 1986 CONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

Good show this week.  I like how you added the in-studio segments to report on Magnum.  I was looking this week to see how ot was reported in real life but all I could find was an interview with Dusty two weeks later.  Did you ever see the next show?

Enjoying the back and forth with Platt, RPG and Thatcher.  

Awesome to see Wildfire and BA in the tourny

Big show coming up in Montgomery

You knew it was coming but it STILL hits hard. Magnum T.A is truly wrestlings greatest "what if".

The opening exchange was a badly needed moodlightener.

I wonder who Roy's Slick friend could be?

Is even the tragedy of Magnum's accident enough to bring back Mr Olympia?

I love how Madril is a dick too EVERYONE regardless of their alignment.

I don't think you could've picked 2 better then Brad & Wildfire.

Winter or not, it's gonna be HOT in Montgomery!

22 minutes ago, Autistic Dragon said:

You knew it was coming but it STILL hits hard. Magnum T.A is truly wrestlings greatest "what if".

I agree, I've always thought a better way to do these types of games would be a chance to play upon these "What ifs". Rather than following along with what really happened.....it would be more interesting to play it where you could see things like:

What if David Von Erich had lived?

What if Gino Hernandez had lived?

What if Magnum TA didn't have the wreck?

Etc etc  etc 

But every game I've ever been in has always followed along with real life which I don't agree with but it is what it is. I always felt there was a case to be made that if Gino wasn't in Texas maybe he wouldn't have died, if Magnum wasn't in the Mid Atlantic territory, maybe his crashed wouldn't have happened. Just like when '88 rolls around...would Brody get murdered if he wasn't in Puerto Rico?  We did use that logic to keep Patera and Saito out of prison but everything else has followed along with RL.

11 minutes ago, GeneJackson95 said:

I agree, I've always thought a better way to do these types of games would be a chance to play upon these "What ifs". Rather than following along with what really happened.....it would be more interesting to play it where you could see things like:

What if David Von Erich had lived?

What if Gino Hernandez had lived?

What if Magnum TA didn't have the wreck?

Etc etc  etc 

But every game I've ever been in has always followed along with real life which I don't agree with but it is what it is. I always felt there was a case to be made that if Gino wasn't in Texas maybe he wouldn't have died, if Magnum wasn't in the Mid Atlantic territory, maybe his crashed wouldn't have happened. Just like when '88 rolls around...would Brody get murdered if he wasn't in Puerto Rico?  We did use that logic to keep Patera and Saito out of prison but everything else has followed along with RL.

I agree there's a argument that a number of these tragedies wouldn't have happened if the wrestler had simply been somewhere else. Brody in particular stands out in this regard.

Man, even though I knew it was coming, it's still hard to accept what happened to Magnum. It was such a tragedy that his spectacular career was cut short in his prime. I'm glad this game gave him the world title run and respect he so deserved, 

Welch arrives and wants one last Jr. title run. Interesting chat with his cousins. I wonder who he's bringing in for them? 

Will JYD's comments bring back Mr. Olympia? 

Cobra debuts. I think we have a Jr. title contender.

LOL, don't tell Brenda Britton, but is there a better segment than the Fiesta Garden? Comedic gold as Bruno introduces Billy Joe Travis. Travis really made this gimmick work. This is going to be a lot of fun. I cracked up at imagining Slink having to watch all this. 

Lucky lotto winner Nelson Royal. 

Well luck ran out as Taylor retains with the backslide.

Sherri still believes in Adonis. I can only imagine how Adonis will be reinvented. 

2 ring battle royal on TV! Tommy Rich and Brad Armstrong win spots in the incredibly stacked Halloween Havoc greatest tournament of all time. 

Next stop, Montgomery.  

Well done on cutting between Platt in the studio and the show that was originally taped to break the news about Magnum TA. Nice way to cover all your bases with having a taped show but needing to get the information out in the game.

Street vs Luscious in a Loser Leaves Town Cage Match! Yikes!

"Well my heart just bleeds for Chicky" was a great line from Thatcher!

Welch's return and interaction with the Stud Stable was fun stuff. I have to wonder if him setting them up with his friend, might be a repayment for them not believing in him?

Great Promo with JYD and Stubbs showing up. Seriously, top of the line. That builds some major intrigue, that would have the people going nuts.

That may be my favorite Fiesta Garden that you've done! Travis as a hillbilly honky tonk, and Madril just shitting all over it is wonderful.

Yeesh, Terry Taylor pinning Nelson Royal with a backslide sounds like a match that started slow and tapered off from there....

Interesting promo with Sherri and Adrian. Excited to see where this is leading.

Tommy Rich and Brad Armstrong are great choices for Battle Royal winners, and I am now officially pulling for Tommy Rich to become a 2 Time NWA World Heavyweight Champion!!

Great stuff as always!!

Civic Center

Montgomery, Alabama

Monday October 18, 1986

Bell Time: 7pm

Al Madril's $5,000 Challenge

"The Great" Al Madril comes to the ring accompanied by Ron Slinker, Madril whispers something to Slinker who stays behind on the floor as Madril enters the ring and takes the microphone from ring announcer Freddie Miller.

Madril: "Wow Slink, Montgomery is even more pathetic than Birmingham was…..these folks don't look like they've got ten bucks between them….much less five grand like this! (Fans out his cash) So….if there's anybody back there who thinks they have what it takes to win my money……come on down!"

After a few moments the crowd starts to stir as TYREE PRIDE makes his way down the aisle, Madril claps and smiles in the ring as Pride gets close to the ring…..Madril nods at Slinker who comes around the corner and throws a big roundhouse kick like he did at Steve Armstrong last week but Pride ducks causing Slinker to kick the ringpost! Slinker goes down and clutches his ankle and foot as he screams out in agony!  Pride slides into the ring as the referee calls for the opening bell!

$5,000 Open Challenge

"The Great" Al Madril

vs.

Tyree Pride

Madril is livid his plan has backfired, he charges Pride as the bell rings…..Pride side steps him and Madril crashes face first into the turnbuckle…..Pride quickly springs to the top rope and dives off with a sunset flip for the 1--2--3!!!   Pride rolls out of the ring and grabs the money off the announce table and goes out into the crowd to celebrate with the Montgomery crowd who are all on their feet as Al Madril is having a complete meltdown in the ring!!

Terry Taylor/Tom Zenk defeated The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) w/Sherri Martel when Zenk pinned Super D #2 with a crucifix

NWA U.S. Jr Championship

Tom Prichard w/Sherri Martel pinned Roy Lee Welch after he was tripped by Martel, Welch is in the ring looked dejected as Ron Fuller comes down and tries to pump him back up as the leave the ring

GRUDGE MATCH

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeated Jason the Terrible by DQ when about 10 minutes in Jason grabbed his axe handle he brings to the ring and started working Cooley over with it, he struck Cooley several times in the ribs and Cooley had to be helped from the ring and appeared to have either cracked or broken ribs

10 LASHES TO THE LOSERS

(with Ms. Betsy the Bullwhip)

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated The Desperados (Ron Bass/Killer Brooks) w/Downtown Bruno when Davis pinned Brooks after a legdrop off the top rope. The Desperados took off down the aisle before any lashes were given. Referee Tommy Gilbert promised to take this to Les Thatcher and make sure they take the lashes before they are allowed to wrestle again in Continental

SIX MAN ELIMINATION TAG TEAM MATCH

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel/"Superstar" Bill Dundee/"Dirty" Dutch Mantel

vs.

The Stud Stable (Robert & Ron Fuller/Jimmy Golden)

The first elimination came when Robert Fuller kicked his boot against the mat to "load it" and then kicked Dundee in the head and pinned him

The second elimination came when Dutch Mantell pinned Jimmy Golden with a backslide

The third elimination came when Ron Fuller pinned Mantell with his feet on the ropes

The fourth elimination came when Buddy Landel made Robert Fuller submit to the figure four leglock

Ron Fuller and Buddy Landel battled for several minutes until a man CCW fans haven't seen in a while…Slick came down to ringside. Landel went over to the ropes and asked Slick, "what the hell are you doing here?"  Fuller looked quite confused but saw the opportunity, he reached into his tights and put something in his fist…..when Slick went to leave, Landel turned back around and Fuller nailed him with a big right hand with the foreign object….Fuller covers for the pinfall and the win for the Stud Stable! Slick smiles wide as heads on back to the dressing room

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

STEEL CAGE LOSER LEAVES TOWN MATCH

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

vs.

"Luscious" Lanny Poffo w/Man

As "Welcome to the PleasureDome" plays 'Luscious' Lanny has amped up the weirdness as he's wearing a black latex bodysuit as he comes to the ring with only 'Man' as Woman has been suspended.  'Imagine what I can do to you' plays as "Exotic" Adrian skips to the ring with Ms. Linda by his side but no Mongolian Stomper.  Poffo takes the microphone and says he's going to "hurt you in ways you've never even dreamed of".  Street gets the mic and replies, "Don't threaten me with a good time." (Even 'Man' looks a bit uncomfortable with that response) The cage is locked and the fight is on!! Much like last week, it's very hard hitting brutal affair…..after the first few minutes, it appears that Poffo's choice of the latex outfit may have been more than psychological as Street tries to drag him across the chain link but the outfit seems to be protecting him….so Street then decides to grind Poffo's face into it and Poffo is busted wide open!  Street really has the upper hand here until an blatant kick to the groin from Poffo turns things around….Poffo slams Street's face into the cage and then grinds it back and forth and now Street's face is a "crimson mask" as well!  After prancing around the ring for a moment and taunting the crowd, Poffo then locks Street into the 'PAINacle' submission…..Street is in major trouble but the Montgomery crowd is solidly behind him….chanting "Street, Street, Street" until Adrian manages to work his way over to the ropes…..but since they are in the cage and it's no DQ….the ref can't break the hold….finally in an act of desperation, Street reaches up and just buries his fingers right in Poffo's eyes until he releases the hold! Despite breaking the hold, Street is still in a lot of trouble unable to get up off the mat.  Poffo struggles for a few moments to regain his vision….he looks over at 'Man' who points up to the top of the cage.  Poffo picks up Street and slams him back to the mat…..Poffo then climbs to the top rope….and then on to the top of the steel cage. Poffo looks out to the crowd and blows them a kiss….then dives off the top of the cage as Street manages to roll out of the way just in the nick of time and Poffo crashes and burns!! Street now goes to the top rope and crashes down with a knee to the back of the neck of Poffo, Street then locks on a version of the 'Camel Clutch', Poffo refuses to surrender as his arms are flailing….after a few moments he is no longer moving, the referee checks his arm….he lifts it once…it drops……he lifts it twice…it drops…..he lifts it a third time…….it drops!  Adrian Street is your winner!!  "Luscious" Lanny must leave Continental Championship Wrestling…..Adrian and Linda celebrate with the fans as 'Man' carries out the fallen Lanny Poffo.

MAIN EVENT

STEEL CAGE MATCH

Bruiser Brody/Killer Khan w/Chicky Starr & Teijho Khan

vs.

The Junkyard Dog/????????

Bruiser Brody and Killer Khan enter the cage and look like they are ready to commit a crime tonight. 'Another One Bites the Dust' by Queen plays as the entire arena is on it's feet as the Junkyard Dog makes his way down to the ring alone……until unbeknownst to him, Jerry Stubbs wearing a Magnum T.A. t-shirt is following a short ways behind him….as JYD stops just short of the ring to survey the situation. Stubbs taps him on the shoulder…..JYD turns around and sees Stubbs who holds up a finger as if to say, "hold on"…..Stubbs pulls out his 'Mr. Olympia' mask and slips it on as the crowd goes nuts….they quickly enter the cage and the main event commences! This is just a wild brawl as JYD goes at it with Brody and Olympia is going toe to toe with Killer Khan!  It's just a back and forth fight with neither team really getting the advantage for any significant amount of time….when all of sudden, from out of nowhere, someone appears with a set of bolt cutters as they cut the lock off the cage and enter the cage…it's ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER who quickly attacks both JYD and Mr. Olympia with a fork as Teijho Khan quickly puts a new lock on the door given to him by Chicky Starr……JYD and Olympia get massacred at the hands of Brody/Khan/Abdullah!  The Nightmares, Taylor/Zenk, and other random babyfaces try to help but are quickly knocked off the cage…..the fans are near riot mode here as JYD and Olympia are left bloodied and beaten in the cage as Chicky Starr finally calls them off and unlocks the cage! The Starr Corporation gets pelted with garbage as they flee the arena.

It was only a matter of time till Madril's open challenge backfired on him. Good on Pride.

Well The Super Ds may have dropped the ball but Prichard retains the gold. 

Sweet of Ron to console his cousin.

Oh Damn! I wasn't expecting Sherri to bring in Jason! Cooley learned a hard lesson about messing with a woman's heart.

Not only do The Desperados lose but they can't wrestle again till they take their lashes!

The Slickster is back in Continental! He & the Stud Stable are gonna be so much fun.

LOL. I love that Street was able to creep Man out. Interesting strategy by Poffo with the latex. Too bad it didn't work.

Me: You can't possibly get scarier then teaming Bruiser Brody with Killer Khan.

Chicky: I just hired Abdullah the Butcher.

Me: My apologies Senior Starr.

HAHAHAHA! What a way to start the night as Pride gets over both Slink and Madril. This catapults Pride to another level. 

Zenk and Taylor get a nice win over Sherri's Super D's.

Sherri gets her heat back quick and helps Prichard retain. At least Welch can always count on family to lift his spirits. 

Jason gives Cooley quite a beatdown with his axe. 

Nightmares get the win but those Desperados got out of there quick. One way or another those Desperados are going to get those lashes. 

6 man elimination brought the heat. Oh man, Slick with the Stud Stable? Continental will never be the same. 

Street and Poffo tear the house down! I loved the write up here. From the weird and uncomfortable bantering to one hard hitting blood bath. Story telling at its best. Great finish as Street sends Poffo packing. The visual of Man carrying out Poffo was icing on the cake. That's how you blow a feud off. 

YES! Olympia is back! NO! Abdullah is here! What a shocking ending. Chicky's corporation has now taken out Dusty, JYD and Olympia. The Rich's have serious competition for top heel heat. WOW! 

Oh Man.... I really hope Slinker's leg is okay.

Tyree Pride is a dead man!

I am SO looking forward to Slick with The Stud Stable!

Poffo/Street sounds amazing! Well done feud all around. I will do my best to take care of them now!

Glad to see Olympia back where he belongs, but....

Holy Shit! Brody and Abby on the same side!! This is HUGE trouble for Continental.

This place is getting crazy, and I am loving it!

As always... very entertaining.

Slink and Madril might be having a long talk after Pride takes the cash.  This had the fans into it from the beginning.  Great show that leaves us with some questions...  What about the 10 lashes?  Slick?  RL Welch?  Whats next for Street after Lanny is now gone?  Who will help JYD and Olympia?

Cant wait to find out as CCW continues to roll!

It's really interesting to see Magnum TA's accident be integrated into the programme, and added a lot of weight to Jerry Stubbs' star turn. Two back to back cage matches, what a night! I'm so glad Adrian Street got the win, and Lanny Poffo crashing and burning on a dive from the top of the cage is such a great visual, as is the absolute bloodbath Abdullah the Butcher managed to create in the main event. JYD is such a sympathetic babyface.

Continental+Championship+Wrestling+logo.

Continental Championship Wrestling TV
Previously Recorded/Airing on Saturday October 23, 1986
Host: Charlie Platt
Co-Host: Ronnie P. Gossett
Ring Announcer: Freddie Miller
Interviewer: Joe Pedicino

(Show opens with Jerry Stubbs coming down to the ring behind JYD and putting on the Mr. Olympia mask to be his partner, the tape then jumps to where Abdullah the Butcher enters the cage and we see a few moments of the three on one beatdown by Brody/Abby/Killer Khan…..we then cut to the opening montage and then to the desk with Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

Platt: "Hello and welcome to Continental Championship Wrestling, I'm Charlie Platt and joining me once again is none other than Ronnie P. Gossett."

RPG: "I don't know what Jerry Stubbs was thinking but as you can see he got what he deserved."

Platt: "That's the very first thing your going to say on today's television program? Saying Jerry Stubbs deserved that attack because he chose to be JYD's partner and fight in the place of Magnum TA with all that has happened to Magnum."

RPG: "Ok….welcome to Continental Wrestling where last Monday night Jerry Olympia got the beating he deserved for siding with the Junkyard Dog and people such him and Dusty Rhodes." 
(Les Thatcher comes and sits down at the desk between Platt and Gossett)

Platt: "Les, welcome to the show….I know you have a lot of things to cover so the floor is yours."

Thatcher: "Thanks Charlie, you're correct…I do have a lot to cover.  First I want to say that Magnum T.A.'s family appreciates all the cards and letters and support you are showing him and please keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he has a long road ahead of him.  NWA President 'Cowboy' Bill Watts had a tough decision to make this week but based on what the Doctors have told him about Magnum's condition he had to make a call on the NWA World Championship so the decision has been made that the winner of what was the number one contender's tournament coming up at Halloween Havoc, will now be crowned the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion. That's the first major announcement.  The second announcement is that due to what took place last Monday night in Montgomery, I have suspended Chicky Starr, Killer Khan, Bruiser Brody, and Abdullah the Butcher through November 5th, if any of them show their face at a Continental wrestling event, they will be suspended for life! I'm not messing around here."

RPG: "That's not fair!"

Thatcher: "Gossett, would you like to join them?  You've caused enough trouble yourself!"

RPG: "Trouble? All I've done is requested the rules be followed."

Thatcher: (rolls eyes) "So, for those who don't know which would be most everyone.  Ronnie P. Gossett, filed a formal complaint with the NWA Board of Directors over the fact that Dusty Rhodes hasn't defended the NWA Southeastern Championship in over thirty days, in light of that fact, the board has stripped Dusty Rhodes of the title. However, since the Southeastern Champion is supposed to compete in the tournament which is now going to be for the NWA World Championship, they insist that I crown a new champion as soon as possible.  So, with that in mind I have scheduled a sixteen man tournament this Monday night in Jackson, Mississippi to crown a new Southeastern Champion and that new champion will then go on to compete at Halloween Havoc."

NWASoutheasternHeavyweightChampionship.j

SETitleTourneyBrackets.jpg

Platt: "Wow, that's quite the line up of competitors for the championship. What's the latest on the condition of Dusty Rhodes?"

Thatcher: "I contacted Dusty to see if he was able to compete in the tournament, he said that right now his only concern is being by Magnum's side and he had the title belt FedEx'd to the office this week. He said that he will return in due time and when he does, he wants Chicky's men in the ring along with Chicky himself. However, in the meantime we have the tournament this Monday and also on the card, The Nightmares will challenge The Richs for the Continental Tag Team titles. Speaking of the Nightmares, you saw on the tournament graphic that both Ron Bass and Killer Brooks have been signed to be in that tournament, BUT….if they don't come out here on television before the show is over and take the ten lashes they are owed from their 'ten lashes to the losers' match that they lost to the Nightmares, they will be forced to forfeit their spots in the tournament and their opponents will receive a bye to the next round. So, before this show goes off the air, they have to take five lashes each if they want to compete this Monday night in Jackson."

Platt: "Well, there you have it from the Comissioner himself, Bass and Brooks must finally get the lashes they are owed or they will not compete in the tournament. A great show in store for you tonight as Terry Taylor of course will defend the Continental Television Championship, Al Madril will be joined in the Fiesta Garden by 'Exotic' Adrian Street and Ms. Linda, the in-ring debut of the 'Music City Sensation' Billy Joe Travis with Downtown Bruno, we'll see a man who thanks to a win over Al Madril is five thousand dollars richer, Tyree Pride in action, and we'll hear from the Bullet. Before we go to the ring, Ronnie…last Monday night, we saw the return of someone we haven't seen around here in a while when Slick appeared at ringside apparently to help the Stud Stable who seemed shocked by his presence as they were not around the area when he was here before….a cameraman went into the dressing room earlier with Joe Pedicino to get a word with Slick and caught this interesting interaction, let's take a look."
====================
(Slick is in the dressing talking on a payphone when The Fullers and Jimmy Golden enter)

Slick: (hangs up phone) "Heeyyy, what's going on boys?"

Ron: "I don't men to be rude…..but who are you and why did you interfere in our match the other night?"

Slick: "I'm Leroy's friend….he sent me."

Robert: "I'm sure you are Leroy's friend, but who the hell is Leroy?"

Slick: "Yo cousin, Leroy Welch."

Ron: "You mean Roy Lee?"

Slick: "That's what I said."

Robert: "No you said…" (Ron cuts him off)

Ron: "So wait a minute…..you're telling us that YOU are Roy Lee's best buddy he was talking about?"

Slick: "Aww sure man, me and Leroy go way back, brutha."

Robert: "But why did you come down to the ring last week, I mean looking at the way you're dressed, clearly you're some kind of pimp or something."

Slick: "Well, I appreciate the compliment but, nah man…I been out of that game for a while….I'm a rasslin manager, baby.  Leroy knows I'm the best, he said yall needed some help and judging by the fact yall won, I'd say I did my job."

Robert: "We woulda won that match either way…"

Ron: "Now hold up, Robert.  We might be able to work something out with this guy."

Robert: "What?? Are you crazy?? But he's….." (Ron quickly cuts him off)

Ron: "Green…I know what you were going to say, he's green."

Golden: "Well actually he's…." (Ron quickly shuts him down as well)

Ron: "Guys…how about yall let me handle this. Look, what was your name again?"

Slick: "My Momma calls me Kenneth but my associates call me Slick."

Robert: "Slick?? Are you sure you ain't a pimp?"

Ron: "He said he's not anymore Robert, hush!  Well listen Slick, maybe if you can meet us in the middle and dress a little less…..um….well, something a little more Stud Stable-esque if you would."

Slick: (smiles wide) "I got ya brutha! I know just the thing. I'll pick up a new suit and next week on television these folks will think I'm a Fuller too." (Roberts gasps)

Ron: "Umm, ok. Well….we'll bring you in on a trial basis and see how things go."

Slick: "Slap me five and it's deal, brutha!" (Ron reluctantly gives him five and turns to leave)

Robert: "You gotta tell him to knock off the jive talk too." 

Ron: "Robert, hush!"
=============================
MATCH #1:
"Superstar" Bill Dundee pinned Jackie Daytona with a 'Bombs Away' sit down splash off the top rope

Post match: Dundee tells Joe Pedicino that he's happy he gets a chance to get some revenge on Jimmy Golden in this tournament because they aren't done with the Stud Stable by a longshot!

COMMERCIAL BREAK
(Downtown Bruno comes out sporting another Porter Wagoner-esque suit and introduces his newest "mega star", as Billy Joe Travis comes out with his guitar smiling and waving to the crowd, wearing the same get up he had on last week in the Fiesta Garden)
----------------------------------------------
MATCH #2:
"The Music City Sensation" Billy Joe Travis w/Downtown Bruno pinned Randy Watson following his finishing move the "just a swingin" neckbreaker

Post match: Bruno gets the mic and says it's ridiculous that Les Thatcher is making his guys get beat with a whip to enter the Southeastern title tournament, although Billy Joe is going to be in it too, so with three guys in the tournament, there's NO WAY he's not going to be managing the champion afterwards. Billy Joe says he's going to sing a little for the crowd but Bruno quickly grabs the mic and says there's no more time.
==============================
(Backstage Joe Pedicino is with the Bullet in front of the CCW backdrop)

Pedicino: "Bullet, I know you've got revenge on your mind against the Richs but this Monday you are in the tournament for the Southeastern Championship which we now know is a one way ticket to the World title tournament in Atlanta at Halloween Havoc."

Bullet: "That's exactly right, Joe.  While it's easy to get side tracked and focus on all the terrible things that the Richs, especially Tommy Rich has done to me and my great friends, the Armstrongs…..right now I have got to keep focused on that Southeastern title which could lead to that NWA World title which is what we all are shooting for…..so right now that's where my attention is focused….but you best believe that as soon I'm able to get my hands on them boys, dues will be paid….and paid in full!"
MATCH #3: 
"Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride pinned Curley Jefferson with a flying crossbody off the top rope

COMMERCIAL BREAK -

Commercial for NWA Halloween Havoc coming to the Omni in Atlanta on Sunday October 31st

NWAHalloweenHavoc.jpg
(The camera pans over to a small stage with a cactus on each corner of the stage with a sombrero on top of each. A large pinata is hanging down right over the middle of the set, with two green director's chairs arranged in the middle with a large banner on the wall behind them that says 'FIESTA GARDEN' on it, we then cut to what appears to be a very angry Al Madril as Ron Slinker is in a black Gi this week and his ankle and foot is in a cast and he's on crutches)

Madril: (long pause) "I apologize for not being the happy, go lucky, fun loving host of everyone's favorite pro wrestling talk show that I normally am……but after getting ROBBED…(tries to calm down) after getting robbed last Monday night, I'm just not really in a great mood. As you can see, Ron Slinker was injured during this whole debacle…..he looks up and sees what he can only assume is some Haitian refugee or even worse just some guy from South Montgomery running towards the ring and he springs into action but this guy being the well practiced hardened criminal he is somehow managed to evade the three time Kumite champion causing him to shatter his ankle against the ring post. Needless to say, Slink is in an even worse mood than I am. (Slinker glares daggers at Madril for calling him Slink) So, honestly in light of all this happening I just wasn't going to do a 'Fiesta Garden' this week but Les Thatcher reminded me that I'm contractually obligated to do so….so here we are, but what makes matters even worse is that my guest…..my guest this week………ugh, my guest is Adrian Street and his hag Ms. Linda."

('Imagine what I could do to you' plays as Street makes his way out along with Linda)

Street: "Oh Alvin, I'm sorry you're in such poor spirits…..I'm more gay than ever…you know, happy…because I rid Continental of that wretched Lenny Poofer and his flea bag sidekick, Woman and that big bald closet case of his, Angel of Death or whatever he was calling himself."

Madril: "I honestly don't know what I'm allowed to say in response to any of that."

Street: "Well, that's in the past….no need to say anything, Alvin…they are gone, they've been ousted, and good riddance, I say."

Madril: "Can't say I was a fan of those three myself but anyway……"

Street: "So Alvin, I saw you had been out here flashing some money around, challenging people to fight you for it and before I could get rid of Lenny, and try to beat you for it…you've already lost it. That's quite disappointing actually, I had already thought of some things to spend that money on."

Madril: "First of all, I wasn't beaten for it. It was stolen!"

Street: "Oh my word, you mean someone came out and put a gun to your head and robbed you!?!"

Madril: "Well…no, I didn't say I was robbed, I said it was stolen."

Street: "Ohhh, I see….so you were out in the ring wrestling and some dastardly villain went in your bag and stole it."

Madril: "No, not exactly…"

Street: "So they broke in your lowrider and robbed you of your cash and your cheech and chong albums?"

Madril: "This is not a joke! Last week, that no good Tyrese Pride or whatever his stupid name is, came out and caused Slink to injure his ankle and stole my money."

Street: "Aww, poor Slinky. (Slinker is close to losing it) So, how did he steal your money if the most dangerous man in the world supposedly was right there?"

Madril: "Just shut up!! God, I hate you, Street!  Come on, Ron…let's get out of here!"
(Madril storms off his own show with Slinker limping behind on crutches)

Street: (with the 'who me?' look) "What? Was it something I said? Well, I guess we have to wrap this thing up….say good night, Linda."

Linda: "Good night, Linda."

Street: (laughs) "Alvin is right, that is quite humorous. Well, Ta Ta from the Fiesta Garden!" (Blows a kiss to the camera and skips away as the screen fades to black)
RPG: "Platt, that was a travesty….that was the worst Fiesta Garden ever!"

Platt: "Really? I quite enjoyed it, I think that might have been my favorite one. "

RPG: "That figures….."
MATCH #4:
The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated The Galaxians (#1/#2) when Davis pinned #2 with a leg drop off the top rope

Post match: Danny Davis gets the mic and tells the Desperados that the show is nearly over and it's time to take their lashes....After a few moments, Bass and Brooks make their way to the ring, they enter the ring and Bass says, "Let's get this over with!" Ken Wayne straps Brooks and then Davis straps Bass...the Desperados sell it big and try to get out of the rest but it's not happening, the Nightmares rotate back and forth until they both receive their five each. Bass tells them, "This isn't over!" as they storm away, with no sign of Downtown Bruno for some reason.
COMMERCIAL BREAK
(VTR- Footage is shown of the University of Tennessee's Doug Furnas on the football field, lifting weights, running the bleachers, and in a wrestling ring doing drills with Pat Rose while 'Rocky Top' plays in the background)
(Joe Pedicino draws the number and checks this list)

Pedicino: "Wow, this should be interesting! Terry Taylor's challenger this week will be his tag team partner….TOM ZENK!"
-------------------------------------------------
MAIN EVENT
NWA CONTINENTAL TELEVISION TITLE
Terry Taylor wrestles Tom Zenk to a 10 minute time limit draw, there were a few tense moments throughout but in the end the tag partners shook hands and hugged before leaving the ring

© 1986 Continental Championship Wrestling

Les Thatcher has a lot to cover & he does it well. That's quite the tournament he got together on such short notice. Though it will be 2 matches shorter than planned if Bass & Brooks don't take their lashes.

On top of all that, he suspens all of Starr Corporation! Plus Dusty'll be waiting for them when they get back.

The first proper interaction between between Slick & the Stud Stable is everything we could've hoped. I can't wait to see Slick's "Stud Stable esque" attire.

I find it hilarious that Bruno is simultaneously encouraging Travis's country singer act while never ACTUALLY letting him sing.

We get a refreshing change of pace on the Fiesta Garden as Alvin gets trolled out of his own show! 

The Desperados finally get what's coming to them. On the bright side they secure their spots in the tournament Monday.

Nice promo for Furnas.

T&Z collide for the TV Title! Thankfully it seems cooler heads prevai...this time.

WOW! The Halloween Havoc tournament is for all the marbles! Winner walks out with the NWA World title! 

That's not it as a new Southeastern champ will be crowned on Monday. 

Chicky's Corporation is suspended. When they return, they'll have The American Dream waiting for them. 

LOL! I knew Slick and the Fullers would be gold together. I can't wait to see the suit Slick buys. 

Dundee is pumped up and ready for the tournament and Jimmy Golden. 

AWWWW Man, I really wanted to hear a song by Billy Joe. "Just a" swinging neckbreaker, nice touch. 

Bullet is a favorite to win the tournament unless the Rich's get in his face.

It's not everyday somebody gets the better of Al in a verbal battle but Street accomplishes it. I'm sensing this isn't over.

Not a bad week for Tyree. 

Desperados get the lashes and I'm sure the Nightmares loved every minute. Where was Bruno? 

Nice hype vignette of Furnas. These always did a great job of introducing new faces to the territory. 

Fun lottery surprise as Tom Zenk gets the TV title shot. The tag partners go the limit and follow with good sportsmanship. 

Nice update on Halloween Havoc...

Also, you keep making things interesting... this week we got thrown a big Southeastern Tourny!

Awsome interviews again this week.  Slick and Leroy was great.  The Fiesta Garden might have been the best ever.  The back and forth over the stolen money was great.  

Glad you brought Platt and RPG back.  They crack me up.

What will come of Taylor & Zenk?

Love Rocky Top!

Thatcher starts us with the big announcement that the Havoc tournament is now for the NWA Title! That ups the ante!!

Then he suspends Chicky, Khan, Brody, and Abby! Damn, Thatcher means bidness!

RPG gets Dusty stripped of the belt, and that's a fine looking tournament!

Thatcher continues laying down the law, forcing the lashes on Bass and Brooks or they are out of the tournament! Damn!!

Fucking fantastic segment with Slick and the Stud Stable!! This is going to be magic, and I can't wait to see what he is wearing next week. 

Enjoying the Billy Joe Travis gimmick. Can't wait until he is accidentally able to sing!

First Pride steals his money, and now Street takes over his show. Things just keep getting worse for poor Al Madril!!

Zenk and Taylor wrestled a nice, clean, 10 minute time limit for the TV Title. Let's see a rematch and see if it stays nice and clean!

Looking forward to that tournament in Jackson on Monday, and then looking forward to Tommy "Wildfire" Rich regaining the NWA Title!!

Mississippi Fairgrounds Coliseum
Jackson, Mississippi
Monday October 25, 1986
Bell Time: 7:30pm

NWA Southeastern Championship Tournament
Round 1:

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Jason the Terrible with a school boy roll up

"Music City Sensation" Billy Joe Travis w/Downtown Bruno pinned Steve Armstrong with his feet on the ropes

The Grappler pinned "Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda after headbutting him with a loaded mask

Mr. Olympia pinned "Outlaw" Ron Bass w/Downtown Bruno with a sunset flip

The Bullet pinned "Killer" Tim Brooks w/Downtown Bruno with a small package

"The Great" Al Madril w/Ron Slinker (on crutches) pinned Tyree Pride when Slinker hit Pride with the crutch behind the ref's back

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell beat Robert Fuller w/Slick by DQ when Slick got caught trying to interfere, Fuller and Slick had a loud argument in the ring post match

Jimmy Golden w/Slick pinned "Superstar" Bill Dundee when Robert Fuller pushed Dundee off the top rope while Slick distracted the referee allowing Golden to crawl over and get the win

Round 2:

"Music City Sensation" Billy Joe Travis w/Downtown Bruno defeated "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley by count out when Sherri Martel brought Jason the Terrible back down to ringside and Cooley left the ring to go after Jason due to some taunting by Sherri

Mr. Olympia pinned The Grappler with a backslide

The Bullet defeated "The Great" Al Madril w/Ron Slinker with a sleeper

Jimmy Golden w/Slick beat "Dirty" Dutch Mantell by forfeit when he didn't answer the bell to start the match, some fans where saying that the Fullers jumped him in the aisle on his way to the ring and drug him back to the dressing rooms

SEMI-FINALS:

Mr. Olympia beat "Music City Sensation" Billy Joe Travis w/Downtown Bruno with a DDT

Jimmy Golden w/Slick pinned The Bullet when Slick distracted the referee which allowed Tommy/Johnny Rich to come in and spike piledrive the Bullet

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
NWA Continental Tag Team Championship
The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated Johnny/Tommy Rich w/Davey Rich when Davey's interference backfired and he accidently hit Tommy instead of Danny Davis allowing him to get the pin and the Nightmares are the new champions!!
After the Nightmares left the ring with the titles, Davey apologized profusely to a livid Tommy Rich who shoved him a few times as Johnny tried to get in between them….finally Tommy shoved Johnny out of the way and blasted Davey with a big right hand that knocked him to the mat and started putting the boots to him. Johnny grabbed the mic and started scolding Tommy, "What the hell are you doing man? He's family! You don't attack family!" Tommy takes the mic, "I'm sorry Johnny….you're right…what was I thinking?" Then Tommy blasts Johnny right in the face with the microphone, busting him wide open. Tommy goes over and gives Davey a piledriver…..Johnny struggles to back to his feet as he's trying to get the blood out of his eyes, Tommy says, "I'm sorry Johnny, I got carried away man….you know I got a temper…come give your cuz a hug." Tommy hugs Johnny…then kicks him in the groin and shoves him to the mat. "What the hell do you mean, we don't attack family? Hell son, I gave my Momma a piledriver, you know I don't give a damn about some fake ass cousins! Forget you losers, I'm taking back the NWA World title all by myself!" Tommy storms off leaving Johnny and Davey in the ring.

INTERMISSION

MAIN EVENT
NWA SOUTHEASTERN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
TOURNAMENT FINALS
Mr. Olympia pins Jimmy Golden w/Slick with a belly to belly suplex to win the title!
JYD comes down and raises Olympia's hand and presents him with the championship belt as the fans cheer in approval. Olympia is now officially entered in the tournament at Halloween Havoc in Atlanta on 10/31!

The beef between Cooley & Sherri continues throughout the first 2 rounds.

Slick may have fumbled with Robert but he did pretty well by Jimmy.

I don't think I'm alone in saying I didn't expect Travis to make it to the semi's but the way it happened made sense.

Oh man! Tommy's had enough of his "fake ass cousins"! Wildfire walks alone!

Even though I knew it was happening (so sorry for the spoiler last episode) Mr Olympia still had to work for his new championship & his spot in the tournament.