Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - November 3, 2021

MoS

I thought the Onlyfans comment was clever (IIRC she does have one, I might be wrong), but the implied gangbang line was a little "eeeeh" for me. It's just a weird thing for a babyface to say. Like MJF could have said it and no one would probably bat an eye because his whole gimmick is "crossing the line" in heel promos

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Focusing most of your pre-PPV zhows on the Inner Circle-ATT build as the build to your hottest main event ever is relegated to comedy matches and insider joke booking of a rematch and similar promos probably doesn't help either. MJF-Darby had a great segment but they had done pretty much exactly this a week back, same with Britt. In fairness though, from all indications, this show had to be modified and was put together at the last minute due to the Moxley news. 

1 hour ago, MoS said:

Please give it a rest. No one was offended on Paige's behalf or implied Jericho was shooting on her. It's just a shitty thing for a babyface to say to a heel in 2021. If you as a babyface in 2021 cannot insult a female heel without talking about how big of a slut she is, then you're the problem. The crowd will pop for anything Jericho will say cuz he is a legend, but it felt completely out of place in 2021, and excusing bad content on the grounds of "They worked it out beforehand" is just weak. It wasn't funny, and it didn't even get as over with the crowd as some previous ATT segments.

I know you think every reaction you don't like is just wokism running wild in modern pro wrestling, but sometimes people don't like something cuz it's just shit. If this had been a WWE segment done by someone who hasn't been an Observer source for decades, Meltzer would have been screaming all about it.

I was quoting a post where it sounded like Tetsujin was offended by it, so someone was offended by it. Plus your reply to me sounds like you were offended, when I'm just trying to have a discussion on it. 

I didn't get slut shaming from it at all, It was a play on words.  This slut shaming is something you added and wasn't in the promo. Implying a woman will take on all 5 men is just an easy laugh to get and the crowd popped big for it, so not sure where it didn't get over with the live crowd came from. 

In a different context where it was a more serious promo then yes it could be slut shaming, if you were passing judgment on a person. This was played for laughs and not in a serious manor at all. 

As for wokism I have no issues for genuine racist, homophobic or misogynistic behaviour to being called to account for. But when everything gets called to account, when there's no malice or ill intent, it just weakness' the real stuff for when it does need to be addressed.

As for giving it a rest, this is a forum and I am genuinely interested on other peoples views on these issue's. As if I misunderstood something it's good to talk about it and grow as a person. Or at least understand the other persons view, as I may have missed something in how I saw it.

But I do think a lot of this is because Jericho said it and because of his political views, he's held to a different standard than others and is picked apart more when he does say something.

Also just interested as a separate discussion can a babyface call a heel woman a slut, if she is a slut in storyline or known to be one in real life? This applies to men too, not just woman.

Or is it just a taboo subject and in todays culture sleeping around on your man/woman is not sluttish anymore, just empowering your sexual rights as a human? 

37 minutes ago, ragemaster said:

Also just interested as a separate discussion can a babyface call a heel woman a slut, if she is a slut in storyline or known to be one in real life? This applies to men too, not just woman.

Or is it just a taboo subject and in todays culture sleeping around on your man/woman is not sluttish anymore, just empowering your sexual rights as a human? 

We can have a discussion on this the day wrestling is nuanced enough to book a woman (leave alone a man) sleeping around as the question of sexual enpowerment. Until then, this is such a vague hypothetical that I don't even know how to discuss it. Would this be in the context of someone cheating on their partner? An unhappy relationship? A comedy angle where turns out the husband is gay? I'm not trying to shut down this discussion, by all means go ahead and discuss this if you wish, I just think that until wrestling shows like ten times the maturity it has ever shown, I just find it such a pointless discussion. 

7 minutes ago, MoS said:

We can have a discussion on this the day wrestling is nuanced enough to book a woman (leave alone a man) sleeping around as the question of sexual enpowerment. Until then, this is such a vague hypothetical that I don't even know how to discuss it. Would this be in the context of someone cheating on their partner? An unhappy relationship? A comedy angle where turns out the husband is gay? I'm not trying to shut down this discussion, by all means go ahead and discuss this if you wish, I just think that until wrestling shows like ten times the maturity it has ever shown, I just find it such a pointless discussion. 

In farness it shouldn't be hard to book, would need good wrestlers to emote the right emotion's for it to work correctly. But no way could the WWE book it before it becomes vulgar.  

Suppose could base it loosely on Sunny, Shawn and Chris Candido mess of a situation. 

8 minutes ago, MoS said:

Well, brother Ragemaster, looks like Vince didn't think Keith Lee was a big guy either. He definitely will tower over these AEW wrestlers. If he is healthy and up for it, there's no way I don't pick him immediately if I am Tony Khan

Oh wow I think they be crazy not to grab him, depending on health, hopefully not Nia Jax. Ember moon could be a huge star for AEW and i would grab Mia Yim as well. 

Oh and Gran Metalik , but I think that's it, 

16 minutes ago, ragemaster said:

Oh wow I think they be crazy not to grab him, depending on health, hopefully not Nia Jax. Ember moon could be a huge star for AEW and i would grab Mia Yim as well. 

Oh and Gran Metalik , but I think that's it, 

I would add Biff Busick (Oney Lorcan) to that list, but otherwise couldn't agree more 

Keith, Mia, Ember, Lorcan, Metalik and leave the rest alone!!!

3 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

I don't understand how that happens. I listened to Meltzer explain it on WOR right before the change happened but I didn't get much of it.

It's airing from 5pm-8pm on the west coast, which usually means less live viewing and higher DVR numbers since people are getting home from work/eating dinner/dealing with the kids during that time instead of watching TV. 

4 minutes ago, sek69 said:

It's airing from 5pm-8pm on the west coast, which usually means less live viewing and higher DVR numbers since people are getting home from work/eating dinner/dealing with the kids during that time instead of watching TV. 

Isn't that just further proof that the ratings system is assbackwards? When the west coast wasn't accounted for live viewing they were doing 1 million and now that it is counted (and probably has SOME portion of live viewers), it does 800lk? :lol:

2 minutes ago, sek69 said:

West coast viewers were being counted before, the show was just airing on delay. There's less people watching live at that earlier time and that is putting a dent in the ratings. 

Oh, so they were waiting those 3-5 hours to count them on that delay and they are not doing it anymore (and putting people that watch later with DVR)?

I'm so confused, lol.

lol its OK. They are counting everyone in real time who are watching live. Less people are watching live on the west coast 5-7 their time  than were watching 8-10 their time. Odds are most if not all of those people are watching on DVR later  but advertisers don't like that because then people fast forward through the ads. 

9 minutes ago, sek69 said:

lol its OK. They are counting everyone in real time who are watching live. Less people are watching live on the west coast 5-7 their time  than were watching 8-10 their time. Odds are most if not all of those people are watching on DVR later  but advertisers don't like that because then people fast forward through the ads. 

Ahhh, I see. Thanks man.

Basically, for the West Coast, Dynamite now airs live from 5 - 7 PM instead of 8-10 PM like it used to until 2 weeks back. Airing live means the West Coast gets it in real time instead of during "their" 8-10 PM timeslot which is obviously the far better slot for viewership. Same with Mountain Time Zone viewers. This would affect AEW significantly because it's clear they have a massive fanbase in the West Coast. Hopefully when they move to TBS, they revert to the usual prime time scheduling.

Interestingly, I believe a similar dynamic was also present during the Monday Night Wars, where Nitro would air live from 5-8 PM on the West Coast, and then immediately run into a replay of Nitro from 8-11 PM. Having your network own your promotion can be a very convenient thing sometimes. 

7 hours ago, MoS said:

Interestingly, I believe a similar dynamic was also present during the Monday Night Wars, where Nitro would air live from 5-8 PM on the West Coast, and then immediately run into a replay of Nitro from 8-11 PM.

Yes, the Nitro replay was a thing unless there was a west coast NBA game or some other major programming that day.  Also I think it was more common for TV providers to have time shifted feeds available back then. I had access to west coast versions of a lot of channels back then, and people out west had east coast feeds.