Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - December 8, 2021

Timbo Slice

13 minutes ago, Blehschmidt said:

It would have helped if he'd actually gotten some of the mist on her!!

I'm sure this just leads to Black destroying one or both of the Blondes, but if they are planning to do something with this "House of Black" thing, using that to goth up Julia and put her as a valet for Black wouldn't be the worst idea.

On paper it would be fun but then too many dummies would be making comparisons of Fiend Alexa. 

So much to love on this edition, again. But really now Dynamite is the best TV pro-wrestling show ever, there, I said it.

Coach Tony K. should just pay the rights to use War Machine for Hook. I would mark out the fuck out of that.

Those burns on Cody's arm, yikes. Well, not the worst thing to have the inaugural and two time TNT champ to put over Sammy. The crowd should be molten for that one to.

On 12/9/2021 at 2:18 AM, MoS said:

It will be interesting to see if they ever try to book MJF as a babyface. After all, Piper was actually a face for longer than he was a heel if you think about it, and he kept drawing until into the nWo era. 

It will be a while because he's so ridiculously great as a heel, but yeah, after a point, he'll reach the "We loved to hate you so much that we just want to love you now" level. That whole CM Punk feud has been nothing but gold (apart from a WWE ref too many the other week, at one point I thought it was a bit too much, then again AEW exists in the real world so you can talk about real world stuff that happened elsewhere).

John Silver main eventing Dynamite against Danielson. Crazy 2021.

Next week is a big time show to cap off the year (although I guess the last show will be made special, and in a much more happy way than last year). Deeb vs Shida, Hangman vs Danielson. Oh yeah. Also, a surprise appearance maybe ?

On 12/8/2021 at 8:04 PM, Jmare007 said:

So Long Island is to MJF what Chicago is to Punk and Canada to Bret? babyfaces no matter what?

I’m thinking this was a one-off, also one of the first wrestling events in a spanking new building, so why not spotlight having a regional star on the roster, in a current main-event level feud.

FWIW, Plainview is probably in the center of Long Island, Belmont, where the arena is,  is not that far off from the Queens and Brooklyn border on the west end of the Island.  It’s about a nice, depending on traffic of course, half hour drive away though.

On 12/8/2021 at 8:20 PM, sek69 said:

He's legit a huge hockey fan and the Islanders do suck so I suppose he couldn't resist the low hanging fruit. 

Speaking of low hanging fruit.  I wonder if there is OTB at Belmont Racetrack, literally right across from UBS Arena, during the winter months.  Surprised Punk didn’t run with the idea that many in the crowd were degenerate gamblers that came over from betting on across the country/globe horse racing for most of the afternoon! 

6 hours ago, El-P said:

Coach Tony K. should just pay the rights to use War Machine for Hook. I would mark out the fuck out of that.

Considering what a money-grubbing ghoul Gene Simmons is, he'll probably demand more for the rights than Europe did for The Final Countdown. If they need licensed music for Hook, this can probably be had for far cheaper.