Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Battle of the Belts

MoS

2 minutes ago, Flyin' Brian said:

Is Dustin ok or is him acting winded part of some story they are trying to tell? 

He seems fine now. 

I really don't like that "rush into the ring at the last second to beat the countout and then lay selling again" spot we see so much these days 

Yeah on second thought, Dustin is definitely, if not winded, then not in in-ring condition. It seems to have been laid out to cover for his cardio. Lots of stalling/wandering about/random nothingness with a few big spots sprinkled in between, it's almost an anti-Dustin match  

3 minutes ago, MoS said:

Yeah on second thought, Dustin is definitely, if not winded, then not in in-ring condition. It seems to have been laid out to cover for his cardio. Lots of stalling/wandering about/random nothingness with a few big spots sprinkled in between, it's almost an anti-Dustin match  

Wonder if Dustin had Covid?

It was ok. Picked up about midway through. Something was wrong with Dustin, but he made it work. Cody can’t be out that long, so doing an interim champion is strange. Maybe time for one match for Sammy vs Garcia, then either Sammy is going to lose the title right back to Cody or is going to beat Cody which begs the question why lose to him in the first place?

I totally forgot this was happening.

Cody's Covid diagnosis really put a damper on the show (which is no one's fault, obviously).

I love Dustin, but the Interim Champ bit is hokey at best. 

Sammy needs to turn back heel ASAP. 

Also:

The wrong person won.

That Canadian destroyer raised that match’s stock for me. I mean as soon as you saw the position, you knew it was coming, but the cleanness of it was shocking. 

Overall, I thought this was very good for a 1-hour wrestling show, but underwhelming for a “TV special”. TV specials should be three hours long, and filled with all your top stars. Still the women’s title match is totally worth watching. One of the best matches I’ve seen in early 2022.

Still need to watch the main, but the first two matches were solid. I agree that as a show it was pretty good, but not exactly what you would expect for a special. Felt like another episode of Rampage. I do like that they set up angles/matches for a lot of the talent that haven't got much screen time.