Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania Backlash

NintendoLogic

So there's a PPV premium live event tonight. I took a glance at the card, and none of the announced matches appeal to me in the slightest. In addition to three (!) Mania rematches, we've got Happy Corbin vs. Madcap Moss, Bobby Lashley vs. Omos, and Drew/RK-Bro vs. Roman/Usos. I'll check out any matches that get significant buzz after the fact, but I won't be watching live. For those of you who are, here you go.

By the way, it should be noted that Brock was all over the initial advertising for this show despite never being planned to appear. It shows how far WWE is out of the mainstream consciousness when they can engage in blatant false advertising with no repercussions.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not in the least bit interested in this show - no stories, no stakes, it doesn't matter who wins or loses - but I have nothing else to do, so I'll watch anyway with sub-zero expectations and hope for the best.

At least this gives me an excuse to cook a nice steak. 

2 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Cody is such a better fit in WWE, it's amazing. Like I knew his deal would work better here bur it's much better than I imagined.

Cody reminds me of one of those guys who does okay in NXT but is the kind of wrestler/has the kind of character that blossoms on main roster WWE.

Not that I'm comparing NXT to AEW - I'm not - but the step-up in the glitz and glamour of WWE is obvious in both cases.

4 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Having those two big beefy motherfuckers and not go beyond basic brawling is a fucking choice

What's a fucking choice is to run a rematch no one wanted or asked for. Then again, that's the M.O. of WrestleMania Backlash.

Just now, sek69 said:

I suppose I can buy this new Edge character is just a grown up version of Brood Edge, but it still comes off as Great Value House of Black. 

Nah, it's a million times better and more coherent than the abysmal House of Black - and I say that as someone who doesn't even love Edge's version.