Pro Wrestling Only

Twin States Wrestling

GeneJackson95

Johnny V and Platt's bantering adds so much to the show. 

Action Jackson arrives with his Jr. title, but can he hold off Uptown Brown? 

I'm curious to what Barnes had to say. Come on Lester! 

Oh, how this game's missed the Fiesta Garden! 

The Starrs make sure Blackstone's off to a rocky start. LOL, great heel move.

Humps coming in with some serious Russian muscle.

Blackstone gets a much better interview with Ross. USA! USA! USA!

Mr. Olympia is coming home! 

On that note, Cooley's back and so are the Cowboys! We have a real showdown coming up. 

Fire and Flame make an immediate impact with a fireball, but the heat is put out with a suspension. Maybe Johnny's right, Davey shouldn't have moved LOL. 

Can't wait for the first big card. You've put together some great stories in a short amount of time. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TSWResurrectionFBEVENT.jpg

Twin States Wrestling

RESURRECTION

Monday Sept 12th, 1987

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

Bell Time: 7:30pm

Mr. Olympia pinned The Assassin with a backslide

Boris Zhukov w/Sir Oliver Humperdink pinned Brickhouse Brown with a diving headbutt from the 2nd rope

ALABAMA JR. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

"Action" Mike Jackson wrestled "Uptown" Dennis Brown to a 15 minute time limit draw

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

Ranger Ross pinned Soldat Ustinov w/Sir Oliver Humperdink following a 'Combat Kick'

As Ranger Ross was celebrating in the ring waving the American flag, he was blindsided by Boris Zhukov, the two big Russians beat down Ross and laid him out in the ring before draping the Russian flag over him!

FOUR CORNERS ELIMINATION MATCH TO CROWN THE TWIN STATES TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

vs.

Kendo Nagasaki/Tarzan Goto w/Tojo Yamamoto

vs.

Johnny/Davey Rich w/Billy Travis

vs.

Los Mega Starrs (Chicky/Ron Starr)

The Rich Cousins seemed genuinely surprised to see Billy Travis limp out to ringside on a crutch with his knee in a brace but he said he was here to watch their back and "return the favor to them"

Johnny/Davey Rich were the first team eliminated when Nagasaki went to put Davey Rich in a spinning toehold and before he even got it locked in good, Billy Travis threw in the towel from ringside while screaming "ENOUGH ENOUGH, he's gonna kill him!!"  Johnny Rich was livid and got in Travis' face at ringside.  Amidst all the confusion, Nightmare Danny Davis rolled up Nagasaki from behind and got a three count eliminating them from the match as well! While Tojo argued with the referee that Nagasaki was distracted…….Goto blasted Davis from behind with the kendo stick and proceeded to work him over good until Les Thatcher rushed down to ringside and announced that everyone who has been eliminated from this match including Tojo and Billy Travis have ten seconds to leave the ringside area or face fines and suspensions…they quickly exited, but the damage was done on Danny Davis and Los Mega Starrs quickly capitalized on the situation! After several minutes of the Starrs working over Davis, he finally managed to get the "hot tag" to Ken Wayne and Wayne came in guns blazing on both Chicky and Ron Starr! Wayne was getting best of both….until he managed to hit Chicky with the tombstone piledriver and then ascended to the top rope, as Wayne was coming off the top rope with his patented leg drop, Ron Starr suddenly fell down on the ring apron screaming out in pain and clutching his knee….the referee goes over to check on Ron…..as Wayne had Chicky covered for a 1--2--3--4--5--6…. Wayne realizes Davis is still down in the corner from the beating he received earlier, so he goes over to see that the referee's problem is……As Wayne argues with the ref to come make the count, Ron reaches in his boot and pulls out some knucks and tosses them to Chicky……Wayne comes back over to Chicky who blasts him with a big right hand with the knucks on….he shoves them in his trunks unbeknownst to the referee….he then covers for the 1-2-3!!

WINNERS and new Twin States Wrestling Tag Team Champions:

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH

The Cowboys (Johnny Mantell/"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley) fought The Outlaws (Ron Bass/Joel Deaton) to a 'NO CONTEST' in 18:23 when all four men started fighting on the floor and referee Tommy Gilbert could not get them back into the ring forcing him to call for the bell!

MAIN EVENT

Southern Street Fight

"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller pinned George Barnes in a absolute bloodbath that saw them come to the ring in street clothes and hit each other with everything at ringside that wasn't nailed down. The end came when Barnes laid out Fuller with a chair shot. Barnes climbed to the rope with the chair and tried to jump off on Fuller with it but Fuller put his foot up kicking the chair back into the head of Barnes seemingly knocking him old cold….Fuller crawled over and draped one arm over Barnes for the 1-2-3!  The fans erupted as a bloodied Ron Fuller rolled out of the ring and limped to the back while Barnes laid in the middle of the ring selling the finish like death until every fan had left the arena.

A Mr Olympia win gets the night started off right.

But Zhukov brings the good times to a sudden halt.

Jackson & Brown go the distance setting the stage for a rematch.

Ross gets the win but the Russians get the last word.

Travis returned the favor alright. Papa-san always was a sore loser. A distracted ref costs the Nightmares leading to Los Mega Stars capturing the gold.

The Cowboys & the Outlaws have a wild one that doesn't settle anything.

Fuller gets his payback in a bloody brawl to send the fans home happy. How long was Barnes laying there?

Awesome event.  I think you were the one to bring the Four Corner Tag match to Dawn of War and I enjoyed the newest one here a lot.  I had a feeling the Rich cousins were in trouble when Travis came out to offer "moral" support.  

I must admit that I have tried to copy a lot of how I do shows from you.  I enjoy the simple, to the point idea of the matches with the promos, show hosts and chaos being the center of your weekly production.  

Great to have you back!

Olympia gets the fans in a good mood. 

Boris is put over strong. 

Action and Uptown give the fans 15 minutes of work rate wrestling. Rematch! 

Ross wins one for the USA but takes a beating from both Russians. Ross is going to need an ally. 

Obviously Travis has some sore issues with the Richs and makes them pay. I'm liking this story. After a chaotic match, Los Mega Starrs walk out with the titles. Good call.

Cowboys and Outlaws have one heck of a brawl with no winners. We have to get a gimmick match LOL. 

Awesome main event that tears the house down. I loved that finish with Barnes selling like a true pro. That's dedication. 

Twin States is back in a big way! 

TwinStatesLogo1.jpg

Twin States Wrestling TV

Pre-Recorded and airing on 9/17/87

WTVY Channel 4 Studios

Dothan, Alabama

Airing on various stations across

Alabama & Mississippi

(The show opens with a montage of footage from previous Twin States shows in 1985 featuring clips of Ron Fuller, Bob Armstrong, Jos Leduc, The Mongolian Stomper, The Nightmares, Bill Dundee & George Barnes, Mr. Olympia, and others…with a voiceover saying, "Welcome to Twin States Wrestling bringing you great wrestling action from across Alabama and Mississippi, we now take you to your host….Charlie Platt!")

(The camera pans across the lively studio audience before heading over to the desk where Charlie Platt is joined by "Luscious" Johnny V!)

Screenshot_20220915-213308_Facebook.jpg

Platt: "Hello everybody and welcome to Twin States Wrestling, I'm your host Charlie Platt and I'm joined once again by the one and only 'Luscious' Johnny V!"

JohnnyV.jpg

Valiant: "That's right Charlie Platt, the man everyone tunes in to see…..the man who makes this the best professional wrestling show on television today, yours truly 'Luscious' Johnny Valiant!"

Platt: "I certainly admire your modesty, that's for sure Johnny.  We have a great program in store everyone today as we'll be seeing Mr. Olympia make his return to the studio in our opening bout, we'll see the Cowboys in tag team action, as well as the Alabama Jr Heavyweight Champion 'Action' Mike Jackson, also…"

Valiant: "Skip to the best part Charlie Platt….the thing everyone's most excited about!"

Platt: "Oh that's right, the 'Tennessee Stud' Ron Fuller will be here live in the studio."

Valiant: "NO! Not Ron Fuller, are you kidding me? I'm talking about the return of the greatest segment in professional wrestling………..I'm talking about the FIESTA GARDEN, baby!"

Platt: (sighs) "Yes, Al Madril returns with his Fiesta Garden and I understand his guest will be Brickhouse Brown."

Valiant: "Well, the close captioning guys will be working overtime today."

Platt: "What does that mean?"

Valiant: "Well…" (Before Valiant is done stuttering and stammering….George Barnes comes storming out)

GeorgeBarnes.jpg

Barnes: "Give me a microphone!" (Platt hands his over and leaves the area)

Barnes: "Calm down you pansy, I'm not gonna rough you up again! Listen and listen good back there Les Thatcher! I know Ron Fuller got the better of me Monday night and I'm man enough to admit that! For a bloody yank, he's a bloody tough one! But the Generals not happy…this isn't over!"

Valiant: "The General?"

Barnes: "Yes, the bloody General! Did you people really think all this was just coincidence? The General sent me! He sent me because he HATES Ron Fuller! He doesn't want him behind that desk talking during the show and damn bloody sure doesn't want him in the ring! So, Les Thatcher I'm issuing a challenge to Ron Fuller to face me again today in this very studio one on one! I already heard Platt say he's coming here today so make it happen!"

(Les Thatcher comes out)

LesThatcher1986.jpg

Thatcher: "You're right, in fact Ron Fuller just arrived and there's six security guards holding him back and that's the only reason he isn't out here fighting you right now but yes, he insists on accepting your challenge and he will face you today in our main event right here on television."

Barnes: (a rare smile comes across Barnes' face) "Yes…yes….the General will be pleased."

Thatcher: "Who is the General?"

Barnes: "Didn't I tell you?"

Thatcher: "No, you didn't."

Barnes: "Because you'll know who the General is when he wants you to know who he is and not a moment sooner!"

(Barnes leaves and Platt returns to the desk)

Valiant: "Well Charles, it looks like we have our main event for the show."

Platt: "It appears we do and I for one hope the Tennessee Stud finishes what he started on George Barnes in Birmingham last week. Let's go to the ring and see Mr. Olympia in action!"

======================

MATCH #1:

Mr. Olympia pinned Randy Watson following a DDT

(After the match Boni Blackstone invited Mr. Olympia over to the interview area)

BoniBlackstone.jpg

BB: "Welcome back Mr. Olympia another impressive win here today much like the win over the Assassin last Monday night in Birmingham."

Screenshot_20220915-213827_Facebook.jpg

Olympia: "Thank you Ms. Blackstone, it's good to be back here in Alabama and I'm excited that Twin States Wrestling is back up and running! I'm also excited to hear there's going to be a big tournament coming up in October to crown a Twin States Champion, you know that's a title I've held in the past and I've got my sights set on holding it again! Something I'm not so excited about is the fact a former champion such as myself is stuck in the opening match all of sudden. I was in the opener last Monday night, I opened the show today and I'm told I'm in the opener this Monday night as well…..I guess I need to get somebody's attention around here."

(abruptly leaves)

BB: "We'll be right back."

=======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=======================

(As return from the commercial break, footage is shown from Monday night of the Twin States Tag Team title Four Corners match. We see a clip of Billy Travis throwing in the towel to cause the Rich Cousins to be eliminated, and then the finish that saw Chicky and Ron Starr cheat to win the belts over the Nightmares)

Platt: "As you can see, The Nightmares have a pretty solid case on deserving the first shot at the Twin States Tag Team titles and for that reason, they will be getting a shot this Monday in Birmingham, but we also saw the very controversial actions of Billy Travis as he quickly threw in the towel for Johnny Rich when it was obvious he wasn't in any danger of being injured there."

Valiant: "That's just a matter of YOUR opinion, Charles!"

(Billy Travis comes limping out on crutches with a huge brace on his knee)

BillyTravis2.jpg

Travis: "Mr. Platt, it's really insulting for me to hear you say that."

Platt: "I say that because you immediately threw in the towel and Johnny Rich is perfectly fine."

Travis: "EXACTLY! Look at me! Johnny Rich threw the towel in for me, when it was too late! I was already injured! I'm out here on crutches, I'm not cleared to wrestle again until October 3rd. Had he thrown in the towel sooner like I did, perhaps I would be wrestling here today. You think I would be shown a ounce of gratitude but instead, that lunatic got in my face wanting to fight me!"

(Johnny & Davey Rich come out to the desk)

Screenshot_20220915-212922_Facebook.jpg

Johnny: "Are you kidding me right now, Billy? Are you seriously out here spreading this nonsense on television to these fans?"

Travis: "What nonsense Johnny? Davey, you get it don't you? One of us is on crutches right now and the other has a match this Monday night against Tojo and his team! So, who was the one actually looking out for somebody? Johnny waited to throw in the towel because he WANTED me to get hurt so HE could be your partner and wrestle for the titles instead of me!"

Johnny: "There it is….that's what you've been going around telling everyone the past two weeks!"

Travis: "Because it's true, Johnny! You just show up here out of obscurity and you wanted me out of the way so you could team with Davey! Davey, you have to be able to see that!"

Davey: "Now Billy, I can see how it could look that way."

Johnny: "WHAT?"

Travis: "See Johnny, Davey knows it's true…..just like everyone else does!"

Davey: "Now hold on Billy…..hold on Johnny! I didn't say it was true or even remotely possible…..I only said I get how Billy could think it LOOKS that way…"

Johnny: "I don't care how Billy thinks it LOOKS….I didn't intentionally allow him to get hurt so we could be partners again….and he sure as hell didn't throw in that towel last Monday to make sure that I didn't get hurt…he did it to make sure we didn't win those titles!"

Travis: "How DARE you!"

Davey: "Guys….guys…just take a breath and calm down.  Look, I trust both of you and I know that both of you had your hearts in the right place and no one meant to do anybody wrong……Am I correct in believing that?"

Travis: "Well I certainly wasn't trying to do anyone wrong!"

Johnny: "Neither was I, Davey….and you know that!"

Travis: (takes a deep breath) "You know what…..Johnny, Davey is right. We both thought we were doing the right thing and this has all gotten out of hand. Look, I'll be more than willing to prove to you that I'm not trying to sabotage you guys as a team. I know yall have a match with Nagasaki and Goto this Monday and I also know that Tojo will be at ringside doing anything he can to make sure his guys win. I'll agree to be in you guy's corner again to prevent Tojo from interfering and I promise, I don't care if those guys take a buzzsaw to one of yall's legs, I PROMISE I won't throw in the towel, hell….I won't even bring a towel. How's that?"

Johnny: "I don't know if we can trust you."

Travis: "Davey, I get it that he doesn't trust me but I known you longer and we're friends outside of wrestling….I know you trust me.  Just tell your cousin that I'm trustworthy."

Davey: "He's good Johnny, Billy Joe and I have traveled a lot of miles together. I trust him like family."

Johnny: (looking skeptical) "Well Davey, I can't say I trust him….but I damn sure trust you so if you want him in our corner, then I'm good with it."

(Travis hugs Davey and goes to hug Johnny…who instead opts for a handshake and they all leave together)

Valiant: "So I guess that's settled then."

Platt: "We shall see, let's go to the ring."

=======================

MATCH #2:

Boris Zhukov/Soldat Ustinov w/Sir Oliver Humperdink defeated Ray Purchase/Jackie Daytona when Ustinov gave Daytona a running powerslam, then tagged in Zhukov pinned Daytona after a diving headbutt from the 2nd rope!

(Humperdink yells for Blackstone to come put for an unscheduled interview, she comes running)

BB: "Yes, Mr. Humperdink….what's on your mind?"

Hump.jpg

Hump: "What's on my mind little lady is that I've been hearing that after my man Boris Zhukov here left Ranger Danger laid out last week that he's been calling the promoter's office issuing a challenge to Boris Zhukov to a match this Monday night."

BB: "I understand that match has been signed for this Monday night between Boris Zhukov and Ranger Ross and that Soldat Ustinov is barred from the building."

Hump: "What? Why is Ustinov barred from the building?? We didn't agree to that!"

BorisZhukov.jpg

Zhukov: "Tis ok Comrade Humperdink….I need no help to squash a little ant like Ranger Rob. I will destroy him and send him back to Boy Scouts where he come from!"

BB: "I guess we'll find out on Monday night."

Hump: "Oh you better believe EVERYONE will find out on Monday night!"

=========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=========================

MATCH #3:

The Cowboys (Johnny Mantell/"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley) defeated Sammy Hall/Buck Spivey when Cooley pinned Hall after a running bulldog

As the Cowboys are exiting the ring, they are jumped from behind by the Outlaws, Joel Deaton and Ron Bass and the four men brawl around the studio and then out a side door and into the parking lot before Charlie Platt calls for a commercial break!

==========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

EKyanrZ.jpg

As the Fiesta Garden logo fills the screen, the camera swings away from the announce position one hundred and eighty degrees and comes to rest on the newly constructed stage in the WTVY Channel 4 studios.

Each of the four corners of the stage are decorated with a large, fake cactus. Each of which is wearing a different colored sombrero. On the wall behind the stage is a Fiesta Garden banner that is done up in the colors of the Mexican flag and also has streamers and balloons attached to it.

At the front of the stage sits two directors chairs, done in green fabric. One of them has the name Alberto Madril stenciled on the back of it, and the other says Special Guest.

Standing in between those two chairs wearing a pair of blue jeans, a black shirt with a gold chain, and a pair of cowboy boots is none other than the host of the Fiesta Garden..... Al Madril.

FVaHL9A.png

Al is also wearing a huge grin on his face despite the boo's of the crowd that are already coming hot and heavy before he has even spoken a single word.

Al Madril: "Hola Mi Amigos!! Welcome to the return of the single greatest segment in the history of the professional wrestling business, The Fiesta Garden! It's been quite some time since this show has been on the air, because I've spent the last few months trapped in a place that used to be run by a guy named Verne, but is now run by a guy named Jerry. But Verne's kid still works there, even though he is much more of a Jerry's Kid. It's all really confusing!

Anyhow, they had me pretending to be everybody's compadre when the fact of the matter is I didn't really like anybody! Except for Tommy Rich, he's a pretty good guy. If you ever need custom t-shirts, he has a great guy! But, I digress, I'm kinda off on a tangent here. Seriously though, you people have no idea how happy I am to be here in...."

Madril shifts his eyes back and forth for a moment then "sneakily" looks down at his hand. The camera pans down as well but only catches a glimpse of something written there before Madril quickly hides it.

Al Madril: "...Dothan, Alabama!"

That draws a big round of boo's but Madril just smirks.

Al Madril: "I know, I know. I wouldn't want to live here either!"

That draws an ever bigger round of boo's but Madril ignores it and continues.

Al Madril: "Now if you know anything about The Fiesta Garden, you know I didn't come alone! So please join me in giving a big...."

Madril glances at his hand again.

Al Madril: "...Dothan, Alabama welcome to my co-host, mi amigo, my compadre, my personal bodyguard..... PLOWBOY MARTINEZ!!"

YXrW2rb.jpg

Lumbering from behind the curtain comes "Plowboy Martinez" which is obviously Stan Frazier still shoeless and wearing overalls, only he is now adorned in a lucha mask and a sombrero. He slowly makes his way to The Fiesta Garden stage as Madril stands with a look on his face like he has just accomplished one of the greatest feats in the history of mankind. Plowboy comes to stand behind Madril and Alberto is just beaming with pride at the big man.

Al Madril: "Ladies and Gentleman, just look at him! This man is surely the biggest Mexican on the planet! and he is here to guard little old me!! Now, say Hola to the nice people Plowboy....."

Madril holds the microphone back to the masked giant.

Plowboy Martinez: :Howdy Y'all!"

Madril's grin shrinks and his whole face contorts into a look of pure annoyance. He rolls his eyes and shakes his head for a moment, muttering to himself in Spanish. This lasts about 10 seconds, but then he snaps right back into character, the huge fake smile returning to his face.

Al Madril: "Ehh...we'll work on it..."

Madril looks back at Martinez who is now fiddling with the mask and appears to have his beard sticking out of the bottom. He shrugs his shoulders and sighs.

Al Madril: "Okay! Since this is already going downhill fast, I suppose it won't hurt to bring out our special guest this week. Please welcome Outhouse Brown."

Madril covers the microphone and turns to Plowboy and starts obviously chewing him out. In the meantime, Brickhouse Brown comes from backstage and is standing there staring down Madril when he turns back around!

vk5NTFQ.jpg

Al Madril: "HEYYYY!!!! Brickhouse!!! How's it going essa!!!"

Brickhouse Brown: "What was that you just said a minute ago Madril?"

Madril smiles a big grin and then screws his face into a look of fake concentration before speaking.

Al Madril: "Uhhh... about what?"

Brickhouse Brown: "What was that you called me fool?"

Al Madril: "My Special Guest!"

Madril puts on an even bigger grin, apparently quite happy with his perceived genius. Brickhouse isn't having it though, shaking his head No.

Brickhouse Brown: "Unnn-uhhh Sucka! I heard what you said. You think you're some kinda funny man, think you can just run your mouth. How about this Monday night in Birmingham you step your butt in the ring, and we'll see how funny you can be when I bust your jaw!"

Al Madril: "Wait.... wait... wait......"

Brickhouse Brown: "You ain't talking your way out of this one Madril!"

Al Madril: "Just wait....."

Brickhouse Brown: "For what?"

Plowboy Martinez clubs Brickhouse Brown with a giant forearm that sends him hard to the floor of The Fiesta Garden stage.

Al Madril: "That."

Madril stands back and waits for Brown to get most of the way to his feet, and then blasts him in the head with the microphone, sending brown off the stage and back down to the floor.

Al Madril: "Alright Ladies and Gentleman, that's all for The Fiesta Garden this evening. We'll see Outhouse this Monday in Birmingham, and we'll be back next week right here in..."

Madril looks at his hand, but it appears that the ink has smeared in the fracas.

Al Madril: "Ehh, who cares. Come on Plowboy."

The crowd boo's heavily as Madril and Plowboy exit, while security and medical personnel come out to attend to Brickhouse Brown

(As we cut back over to the desk, Johnny V is standing in front of the desk with 'Uptown' Dennis Brown who is decked out in one of his fancy suits and designer shades)

Valiant: (clapping) "First of all….**chef's kiss** kudos to my good close personal friend Alberto Madril for an outstanding edition of the Fiesta Garden, even if you had to deal with that awful guest Outhouse Brown it was still amazing television. Now, I'm happy to be joined by good friend and the soon to be Alabama Junior Heavyweight Champion, 'Uptown' Dennis Brown."

Brown: "Thank you, Johnny it's a pleasure to be here with you even it means being here in Alabama in front of these uncooth rednecks. (louds boos from the studio audience) Now, I could spend several minutes going on about how I'm going to beat Mike Jackson for his worthless Alabama Junior title on Monday but everybody already knows that…..so the reason I'm out here is to introduce my good friend….a man with almost as much style and sophistication as myself, if you can believe that. Here he is…'Gentleman' Jack Hart!"

(Just as it does for Uptown Brown, 'Fame' by David Bowie starts to play as 'Gentleman' Jack Hart comes strutting out wearing a black sleeveless tuxedo jacket covered in sequins along with a sequined bow tie and a top hat)

JackHart.jpg

Hart: "Dennis, Mr. Valiant…..what an honor and a pleasure it is to be introduced by you two to these Alabama peons and despite the fact that Charlie Platt is looking at me like he's jealous of my attire I just want to say I'm happy to be here in Twin States Wrestling and I look forward to competing for that Twin States title in that tournament that's coming up soon."

Valiant: "Well, Jack the pleasure is all ours and it's great to be here in the presence of two dignified gentlemen such as yourself and 'Uptown' Dennis Brown and I think these people have already gotten to see way more of you than they deserve so let's get you guys out of here."

A promo runs of Charlie Platt running down the card for this Monday in Birmingham!

Twin States Wrestling

Monday Sept 19th, 1987

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

MAIN EVENT

LIGHTS OUT NON-SANCTIONED

TEXAS DEATH TAG TEAM MATCH

The Cowboys (Johnny Mantell/Wendell Cooley)

vs.

The Outlaws (Joel Deaton/Ron Bass)

TWIN STATES TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

vs.

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

GRUDGE MATCH (SOLDAT USTINOV BARRED FROM THE BUILDING)
Ranger Ross

vs.

Boris Zhukov w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH

vs.

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

Brickhouse Brown

vs.

"The Great" Al Madril w/Plowboy Martinez

RETURN ALABAMA JR. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

30 MINUTE TIME LIMIT

"Action" Mike Jackson

vs.

"Uptown" Dennis Brown

Mr. Olympia

vs.

"Gentleman" Jack Hart

(Card Subject to Change)

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #4:

Alabama Jr. Heavyweight Champion "Action" Mike Jackson pinned "Ferocious" Freddie Fox with a sunset flip off the top rope!

MikeJackson.jpg

As the referee was raising Mike Jackson's hand and handing him the championship belt, George Barnes hit the ring and attacked Jackson from behind and then tossed him over the top rope to the floor and started yelling, "Fuller get out here…ya damn bloody yank!!"  Fuller hit the ring and we're right into our main event.

=============================

MATCH #5:

MAIN EVENT
REMATCH:

"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller

vs.

George Barnes

This never really gets to be a match as Fuller hits the ring and it's just a wild brawl that goes on for a few minutes until Barnes just blatantly rakes Fuller's eyes in front of the referee…..he then rakes the eyes of the referee and shoves him to the mat, he reaches down and pulls the referee's belt off and starts strapping Fuller with the belt, he then wraps it around Fuller's neck and throws him over the top rope in an attempt to hang the 'Tennessee Stud' right here on television……Wendell Cooley, Johnny Mantell, and the Nightmares all quickly run into break that up and Barnes escapes….Les Thatcher tells Platt that Fuller wins the match by DQ since he attacked the referee and then used the belt. After a few moments Fuller regroups comes over to the desk holding his neck the camera zooms in on the welts on his back from the belt.

Fuller: "Les Thatcher…..I don't have a match for Monday night…but I want you to add one! If that little sawed off weasel wants to strap me with a belt and try to hang me! I want you to put us in a leather strap match on Monday night! Barnes, if you got any guts at all you'll be there and we'll get strapped together and we'll settle this thing once and for all."

Thatcher: "Against my better judgment that match will be added to Monday's card.  Ron Fuller versus George Barnes in a leather strap match!"

Platt: "There you have it fans, what a card for Monday night in Birmingham, get your tickets now and join us for is sure to be a wild night of Twin States Wrestling action, for Johnny V, I'm Charlie Platt and we'll see you here next week!"

---------------------------------------

Executive Producer

Ronald Welch

Producer

Gene Jackson

Floor Director

Boni Blackstone

Match Maker

Les Thatcher

Fiesta Garden Producer/Assistant to Mr. Madril

Bob Blehschmidt

Audio

Howard Moon

Camera

Colin Robinson

Steven Toast

Dennis Reynolds

Bill Gillespie

Charlie Platt's suit provided by 'Suitable Suits' of Dothan

Catering provided by 'Petey's Pizza Palace' of Dothan

© 1987 Twin States Wrestling

WTVYLogo.jpg

From what I've seen of Platt on YouTube I'm not impressed but I love the deadpan snarker gimmick you've given him. Johnny V makes a great foil.

Barnes & Fuller 2 on free TV! But the question....who is The General?

Mr Olympia seems to be feeling a bit unappreciated. That could lead to trouble.

Travis & Johnny have a heated argument forcing Davey into the roll of peacemaker.

Humperdink gets a little hot under the collar hearing about Zhukov's rematch with Ranger Rob Ross but Zhukov doesn't mind.

The Outlaws jump the victorious Cowboys leading to another fun studio brawl.

Madril burying his run in the AWA (what's a Jerry's kid?).... repeatedly forgets the name of the city he's in.... PLOWBOY MARTINEZ... Outhouse Brown.... the return of the Fiesta Garden was everything we could've hoped for!

Uptown Dennis Brown gets some backup in the form of "Gentlemen" Jack Hart.

Barnes does Uptown a solid & puts a hurting on Jackson. He then crosses the line as he tries to hang Fuller! Between their strap match & the Lights out match between the Cowboys & Outlaws, Birmingham is gonna be a warzone.q

Really fun show as always.  Platt and Johnny V. are great together the way you are writing for them.  Awesome!  

Barnes/Fuller and the General-  Big angle for Alabama and I love how you opened and closed with it.  Gives it the added attention to make it feel even bigger!

Johnny & Davey Rich + Travis seems like a perfect angle that works perfectly in Alabama.  These three never got huge national attention but work perfect in a place like this.  You have built such a great roster for your territory.

Hump and the Russians are getting the heat they deserve! While they don't need to win too many house show matches, the heat they get from TV could get all the paying customers foaming at the mouth.

Fiesta Garden had me cracking again with Plowboy Martinez and Outhouse Brown!

Looking forward to the development of all the great angles in Birmingham.  

Right off the bat we get a Barnes/Fuller main event set for today! The story gets more intriguing with The General. 

Olympia wants a little more respect and I think I agree. The man is a legend in these parts.

Travis and the Rich's put it all out there, I'm not sure who to trust LOL. 

Soldat will be banned, Hump throws a fit but Boris is unfazed. Ross better be on high alert.

Outlaws and Cowboys have a wild brawl. This is going to sell a lot of tickets for this Monday night.

And here we go! The Fiesta Garden is back! Bleh has not lost his touch. LOL, only Madril could point out the confusion of a Jarrett led AWA. But hey, at least Madril had a good showing in the War Games. Of course he needs a sidekick and we are introduced to Plowboy Martinez. The interactions were priceless. Brickhouse gets in Madril's face, a beatdown ensues and we have a match set. This was too good. Madril was on his A game. All is right in the game. 

I'm so glad to see the Jack Hart gimmick. He deserves some love and this gimmick will get him some. 

Barnes goes nuts by attacking Jackson and strapping Fuller! We get an added strap match this Monday and Barnes might seriously regret this. 

I agree with Kev, you've done an amazing job putting this roster together and giving us some must see TV, which will pack the houses. 

Twin States Wrestling

Monday Sept 19th, 1987

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

Mr. Olympia pinned "Gentleman" Jack Hart with a small package

RETURN ALABAMA JR. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

30 MINUTE TIME LIMIT

"Uptown" Dennis Brown pinned "Action" Mike Jackson with his feet on the ropes to win the championship in 16:32, Jack Hart came down to the ring and they celebrated like Brown had just won the SuperBowl.

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

"The Great" Al Madril w/Plowboy Martinez pinned Brickhouse Brown

At one point Brickhouse had things well in control, he went to hit the ropes but Plowboy grabbed his foot. Brick then turned his attention to "Martinez", Madril quickly grabbed the referee asking him to look at his eye as he "thinks there's something in it".  Meanwhile Brick came over the top rope with a crossbody onto Plowboy who caught him…then rammed his back into the ringpost before tossing him back into the ring, Madril quickly went over and covered Brown for the 1-2-3!

TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH

vs.

The Japanese team entered first with their manager Tojo Yamamoto followed by Johnny & Davey Rich who were accompanied by Billy Travis who is still on crutches. Once they made it to the ring, Billy Travis requested a microphone in what appeared to be much to the surprise of both Rich Cousins.

Travis: "Guys, I thought about it all week and I felt really bad about how Johnny perceived my actions last week during the tag team title match. So, I went to Les Thatcher and begged and pleaded and finally got him to agree to add a stipulation to tonight's match where the winning team will a get a shot right here next week for the Twin States tag team titles!"

Davey: "Did you hear that Johnny, that's great! All we have to do is win this match and we get a shot at the tag team titles! Thanks Billy!" (Billy high fives Davey….meanwhile Johnny looks skeptical…..Tojo snatches away the microphone)

Tojo: "We should be the one thanking him….because when WE win this match. WE get title shot….not you!"

(Travis snatches the mic back from Tojo)

Travis: "You listen here Tojo! Your guys won't be winning ANYTHING! I'm confident in that…..in fact just to show you how confident I am…..let's make this interesting.  I'm so confident that the Richs are gonna win, how about if they win, all three of you losers have to leave Twin States…..and if you guys win…..all three of US will leave Twin States!"  (Johnny grabs Travis by the arm and you see a small argument has broken out amongst Johnny/Davey/Billy……Tojo after consulting with his guys takes the mic again)

Tojo: "We are confident. Challenge accepted!"

Johnny is clearly not happy but things cool down and the match gets under way.  A very fast paced match that saw the momentum go back forth throughout……Tojo tried to interfere a couple of different times but was cut off by Billy Travis……when it got down to the end of the match, Goto reached into his singlet and pulled out some salt and threw it in the eyes of Davey Rich…..Johnny and Nagasaki wear fighting on the other side of the ring……as the referee tried to get them back out of the ring…..Travis slid into the ring where Goto had Davey covered and broke one of his crutches over the back of Goto and then rolled Davey on top…….just as Travis exited the ring the ref turned around and saw the cover and counted 1-2-3!

Winners: Johnny and Davey Rich who will get a tag team title shot next week, while Nagasaki/Goto/Yamamoto must leave Twin States Wrestling

GRUDGE MATCH (SOLDAT USTINOV BARRED FROM THE BUILDING)
Ranger Ross pinned Boris Zhukov w/Sir Oliver Humperdink with a backslide. However, his victory was somewhat ruined by Humperdink taking off and leaving ringside with the American flag before he could celebrate with it in the ring.

TWIN STATES TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Los Mega Starrs (Chicky/Ron Starr) defeated The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) by count out

It looked as though the Nightmares were about to win the titles thanks to their combo finishing move. Davis hit Chicky with a tombstone piledriver and Kenny Wayne went to the top rope to deliver the leg drop when Ron Starr shook the ropes violently causing Wayne to lose his balance and fall from the top rope down to the arena floor…..it appeared he hit head when he fell as he did not get back up after being counted out. Wayne was then carried out on a stretcher as a very distraught Danny Davis followed along by his side.

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

LEATHER STRAP MATCH

vs.

George Barnes

Barnes came to the ring in full Army fatigues complete with a helmet, saying that "The General" has officially made him a "Sergeant" in his Army and that from now on he will only be addressed as Sgt. Barnes! Fuller came running down the aisle and slid into the ring and the fight was on….it took a few moments before the referee could both men attached to the strap. This was just another brutal fight like last week's match except this week they had a strap to lash each other with…..both men were quite bloody once again and after several attempts back and forth by both…..finally Ron Fuller managed to drag Sgt. Barnes to all four corners and was declared the winner!  Fuller could barely stand as the referee was removing the strap from his wrist when suddenly another man dressed in Army fatigues wearing a mask with a helmet on made his way down the aisle, he then motioned for someone else to follow him and this brought out a very large man also in Army fatigues who fans would quickly recognize as Jos Leduc!  Leduc hit the ring and quickly attacked Ron Fuller, Barnes soon recovered and joined the attack.  At this point in the night, most of the other wrestlers have left the arena. The masked General lights a cigarette and begins smoking it while enjoying watching the attack on Fuller.  Leduc and Barnes use the leather strap and tie Fuller up in the corner, Fuller's face is a crimson mask and the only thing holding him upright is the fact he's tied to the ropes.

What we can only assume is the "General" takes the microphone and in what sounds like a familiar voice begins to speak.

General: "Ron Fuller, I know you are familiar with Sergeant Barnes but now you've met Colonel Leduc as well….you will soon be familiar with my entire army.  My army has one sole objective on this mission and that is to rid professional wrestling of you, Ron Fuller. I've hated your guts for years and years…..you've proven time and time again that you are a low life snake just like the rest of your family yet these simple minded people always end up falling for your lies and cheering you on anyway. You've done so many unforgivable things to my family and myself of the years…..yet these simple minded fans always seem to forgive and forget. So, now they can all cheer you on as my army ends your career in front of their very eyes, cause brother, I don't forgive and I sure as hell don't forget!  For all the battles we've fought over the years……it will be my proudest moment, the day I look down on the tombstone of your career and see the epitaph that reads…..'Here lies Ron Fuller, the so-called Tennessee Stud who fell………to Armstrong's Army'

(with that line, the General removes his helmet then reaches up and removes his mask) While I insist that everyone else calls me the General, you old friend….you can just call me Bob.  On second thought, only my friends call me Bob, you can call me…Mr. Armstrong!"

(The crowd is in utter shock as "Bullet" Bob Armstrong slaps Ron Fuller across his bloody face then spits in it. He rounds up his "troops" and they leave to chorus of boos)

MAIN EVENT

LIGHTS OUT NON-SANCTIONED

TEXAS DEATH TAG TEAM MATCH

The Cowboys (Johnny Mantell/Wendell Cooley)

vs.

The Outlaws (Joel Deaton/Ron Bass)

In a wild brawl that lasted over 30 minutes and saw numerous falls back and forth, The Cowboys finally won the match when Cooley gave Deaton a bulldog off the ring apron onto the floor which resulted in Deaton not being about to answer the 10 count. The match was wild and certainly delivered but the crowd reaction seemed off because the Birmingham fans still seemed genuinely shell shocked by Bob Armstrong turning heel in the previous match, most would concur that probably should have went on last, but Cooley/Mantell got a nice ovation as they left ringside.

The Gentleman has a rough debut courtesy of Mr Olympia.

The Alabama Jr Heavyweight Title is headed Uptown!

Plowboy does good work for Madril.

When Travis added the losers leave stop to the tag match I was sure the turn was coming but he stuck by his friend....oh & Johnny too.

Ross beats the Ruskie but Dink steals ol' glory! Man is that gonna draw heat!

Los Mega Stars retain but the real story is the health of Ken Wayne.

The fans are in shock as Fuller is laid out by Sgt Barnes & Col Leduc....at the order of General Bob Armstrong!

The Outlaws win a chaotic lights out match. I like the bit about the crowd being too stunned by the Armstrong turn to get into it, feels like something that could really happen.

YESSSSSS!!!!!! Fuller vs Armstrong in Alabama.  I had a feeling this was who the general was but wasn't sure.  AWESOME!!!!!

Still not sure if Travis is to be trusted.  I admit I thought the Rich cousins were in trouble with that stipulation.

Plowboy Martinez!!!  I need more!!!

Ranger Ross needs to get the Flag back!!

Really enjoyed reading this after a long day.  Just what I needed!!

Olympia keeps his winning ways going. Maybe now he'll get the respect he's been looking for.

YES! Uptown Brown is wearing gold! 

Madril and Plowboy make quite the team as Brickhouse goes down in defeat.

Travis adds high stakes to the match and after a crutch shot, Kendo, Tojo and Goto are gone and the Rich's get a title shot. I wonder how Johnny will feel about all this? Great angle. 

Ross wins another for USA but Hump steals his flag. Big mistake! 

Mega Starrs retain and even send Wayne out on a stretcher. Good heat for the champs.

WOW! Not in a million years did I see this coming! Bullet Bob, oh sorry, I mean the General has arrived! The General has formed quite an army with Barnes and Leduc. I still can't believe it! I think this is the first time Bob's had a heel run in our world. This is going to be epic! 

After a wild fight, the Cowboys send the fans home happy, but like you said, the fans were still in shock over Armstrong. 

Awesome card Gene! 

TwinStatesLogo1.jpg

Twin States Wrestling TV

Pre-Recorded and airing on 9/24/87

WTVY Channel 4 Studios

Dothan, Alabama

Alabama & Mississippi

(Before the usual opening montage we see a replay of what took place after the strap match between Ron Fuller and Sgt. Barnes last Monday night……..

Fuller could barely stand as the referee was removing the strap from his wrist when suddenly another man dressed in Army fatigues wearing a mask with a helmet on made his way down the aisle, he then motioned for someone else to follow him and this brought out a very large man also in Army fatigues who fans would quickly recognize as Jos Leduc!  Leduc hit the ring and quickly attacked Ron Fuller, Barnes soon recovered and joined the attack.  At this point in the night, most of the other wrestlers have left the arena. The masked General lights a cigarette and begins smoking it while enjoying watching the attack on Fuller.  Leduc and Barnes use the leather strap and tie Fuller up in the corner, Fuller's face is a crimson mask and the only thing holding him upright is the fact he's tied to the ropes.

What we can only assume is the "General" takes the microphone and in what sounds like a familiar voice begins to speak.

General: "Ron Fuller, I know you are familiar with Sergeant Barnes but now you've met Colonel Leduc as well….you will soon be familiar with my entire army.  My army has one sole objective on this mission and that is to rid professional wrestling of you, Ron Fuller. I've hated your guts for years and years…..you've proven time and time again that you are a low life snake just like the rest of your family yet these simple minded people always end up falling for your lies and cheering you on anyway. You've done so many unforgivable things to my family and myself of the years…..yet these simple minded fans always seem to forgive and forget. So, now they can all cheer you on as my army ends your career in front of their very eyes, cause brother, I don't forgive and I sure as hell don't forget!  For all the battles we've fought over the years……it will be my proudest moment, the day I look down on the tombstone of your career and see the epitaph that reads…..'Here lies Ron Fuller, the so-called Tennessee Stud who fell………to Armstrong's Army'

(with that line, the General removes his helmet then reaches up and removes his mask) While I insist that everyone else calls me the General, you old friend….you can just call me Bob.  On second thought, only my friends call me Bob, you can call me…Mr. Armstrong!"

(The crowd is in utter shock as "Bullet" Bob Armstrong slaps Ron Fuller across his bloody face then spits in it. He rounds up his "troops" and they leave to chorus of boos)

(We then go to our usual opening montage of footage from previous Twin States shows in 1985 featuring clips of Ron Fuller, Bob Armstrong, Jos Leduc, The Mongolian Stomper, The Nightmares, Bill Dundee & George Barnes, Mr. Olympia, and others set to the instrumental of Billy Idol's 'White Wedding'…with a voiceover saying, "Welcome to Twin States Wrestling bringing you great wrestling action from across Alabama and Mississippi, we now take you to your host….Charlie Platt!")

(The camera pans across the lively studio audience before heading over to the desk where Charlie Platt is joined by "Luscious" Johnny V!)

Platt: "Hello everybody and welcome to Twin States Wrestling, I'm your host Charlie Platt and I'm joined once again by the one and only 'Luscious' Johnny V!"

JohnnyV.jpg

Valiant: "That's right, you're all blessed once again with my presence here and wow, what a way to start the show, Charles! Bob Armstrong is the General who has declared war on the Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller!"

Platt: "It certainly seems that way and I for one am absolutely shocked and disturbed by the actions of Bob Armstrong as were all the fans on hand Monday night in Birmingham. I understand we will be hearing from Ron Fuller via videotape a little later in this program and we'll see what he has to say about all this."

Valiant: "Well, if he's honest he'll admit that after all the terrible things that he and his family have done to Bob Armstrong throughout his career that he has it coming…..but we all know Ron Fuller has never been honest so lord only knows what he'll have to say about it."

Platt: "We've got a packed show here today, as you know Johnny, we had some unfortunate injuries coming out of Monday night, We'll hear from 'Nightmare' Danny Davis a little later on about the condition of his tag team partner Ken Wayne after that horrific fall he took from the top rope at the hands of Ron Starr on Monday."

Valiant: "Yes, and don't forget that Joel Deaton has an injured sternum after receiving a running bulldog off the ring apron TO THE FLOOR from that lunatic Wendell Cooley! I understand that Ron Bass wants some revenge and has challenged Wendell Cooley to a match in our main event here today!"

Platt: "That is absolutely true, we'll be seeing that match in our main event today, Johnny Mantell also suffered a dislocated shoulder in that Texas Death Match so he'll be out of action for a brief time as well.  I'm excited to say we'll see the new 'Lightning Express' tag team of Scott Armstrong and Tim Horner in action today on the show and we'll also hear from Les Thatcher who has some more information on the upcoming Twin States Heavyweight Championship tournament that will be coming up soon."

Valiant: "But most importantly, my good close personal compadre Al Madril returns today with yet another edition of your favorite show and mine…..the FIESTA GARDEN!!"

Platt: "I suppose he will but right now, let's go to the ring and see the tag team champions in action."

========================

MATCH #1:

Twin States Tag Team Champions Los Mega Starrs defeated Fred Garvin/Ray Purchase when Ron Starr pinned Purchase after the Starrs hit their new spike piledriver finisher they call the "Starr Crunch"

(Afterwards, Boni Blackstone approached them at ringside)

BoniBlackstone.jpg

BB: "Gentlemen, surely you would like to comment on the Twin States Tag Team Championship match you have coming up Monday night with Johnny and Davey Rich after they ran Tojo and his team out of the territory."

chickyandronstarr.jpg

(Chicky rubs his chin for a moment and looks as though he's about to answer when Ron interjects)

Ron: "NO COMMENT!"

(Chicky laughs in Blackstone's face as they hold up their championship belts and walk away)

========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

========================

MATCH #2:

Johnny/Davey Rich defeated Randy Watson/Billy Montana when Johnny pinned Watson with a 'Thesz Press'

Billy Travis is on commentary during the match and he talks about how excited he is that his buddies won that match last Monday and that he was able to negotiate them a chance to get a title shot and that he was able to keep Tojo from interfering and hit "that one Jap" with the crutch to win the match…..Valiant says, "it really sounds like that they owe all of their good fortune to you, Billy."  Travis replied, "Well, that's not for me to say, Johnny V but I certainly don't see how anyone could disagree with that assessment."

(Boni Blackstone calls the Rich Cousins over to the interview area after their match)

BB: "After that huge win last week that saw Tojo Yamamoto and his team have to leave Twin States, it also earned you a shot at the tag team titles this Monday night."

Richs.jpg

Johnny: "We're really excited to be shut of Tojo and his cronies and now we can focus on what's important and that's winning those Twin States tag team titles!"

BB: "Davey, after a rough start…I know you have to be excited that things are finally headed in a good direction."

Davey: "I certainly am….it's good to get to team with my cousin Johnny and like he said….now that Tojo Yamamoto and his boys are outta here….there's nothing standing between us and those tag team titles."

(Billy Travis comes hobbling over on his crutches)

BillyTravis2.jpg

Billy: "Now hold on Davey, I wasn't the least bit surprised when old glory hog Johnny here tried to take all the credit and not even mention that the ONLY reason you guys have a title shot this week is because I went to Les Thatcher and begged him to make that match a #1 Contender's match….but even YOU aren't going to acknowledge it OR the fact that the only reason you two won the match is because I stopped Tojo from interfering and I hit that one guy with my crutch! Even YOU aren't going to acknowledge that!?!"

Johnny: "Here we go…here we go! So here you are showing your true colors….We didn't ask you to do ANY of that! Especially not hitting anyone with that stupid crutch!"

Davey: "Johnny, calm down…..look Billy, I appreciate that you went and negotiated for that match to be a #1 contender's match….we didn't ask you to but we appreciate it none the less. As far as you using the crutch…" (Johnny cuts him off)

Johnny: "No Davey! I'm sick of putting up with this guy's crap! Whether you two are friends or not…I'm sick of it! Listen, nobody asked you to negotiate ANYTHING on our behalf! We didn't need you to get us a title match….and we sure as hell didn't need you hitting anyone with a crutch for us to win a match! If we wanted to be associated with a cheater, we woulda went to the AWA with our cousin Tommy. So, this ends right now! Stay the hell away from us…..I don't wanna see you or that crutch anywhere near that ring on Monday night, or next time it might be ME using it on YOU! Come on Davey!" (Johnny storms off)

Billy: "Did you hear the way he just talked to me, Davey? Me being your best friend and not to mention crippled at the moment! That's disrespectful, Davey! That's disrespectful to you! That's disrespectful to me! That's disrespectful to my Mama watching at home that was so proud of me for winning that match for you guys and getting you a title shot….what are you doing to do about him, Davey??"

Davey: (visibly frustrated) "Look, we've been friends a long time and I'm sorry you're injured. I'm sorry it happened tagging with me….but Johnny is right. I don't want any part of anyone hitting somebody with a crutch to help us win. So, Billy go home and heal up then come back when you're healthy but right now I can't have you two bickering all the time and it's not good for you either. So, just go back home and heal up your knee and I'll see you when you come back."

Billy: (somber) "Ok Davey, whatever you say, buddy. The Doctor says if all goes well I should be cleared to wrestle again by October 1st. Good luck winning those titles on Monday, just promise me one thing."

Davey: "Sure, what's that?"

Billy: "That if you and Johnny win those titles on Monday, you'll give me and the partner of my choosing a title shot when I come back."

Davey: "Well, we have to win them first Billy…after that, we'll see."

Billy: "I guess we will Davey, I guess we will see."

=============================

Platt: "Johnny V, every time I think I have the situation figured out with those three, it just gets more confusing.'

Valiant: "What's confusing about it? Billy Travis has done everything in his power to help out his best friend Davey Rich, but that no good ingrate cousin of his…Johnny Rich is driving a wedge between the two friends and it's a sickening thing to watch!"

Platt: "I don't think that's it at all, but none the less….let's go now to the ranch of the 'Tennessee Stud' and hear what Ron Fuller has to say about what took place last Monday night."

(VTR- Ron Fuller is standing inside a horse stable brushing down one of his prized race horses, his head in bandaged up and he seems to be having an issue lifting his left arm)

RonFuller.jpg

Fuller: "I'm not even there in Dothan today but I know exactly what's happening. Everyone is saying how shocked they are that Bob Armstrong has 'turned bad' and they can't believe he'd do this. Well, I for one am not a damn bit surprised by this because I've been trying to tell people for years and years what a bad person that Bob Armstrong is and always has been.  Sure, he's had a bunch of you fooled and that's what always made it so tough when you fans would side with him when I was against him because I knew what a scum sucking yellow dog he is…..Bob Armstrong is a coward, a thief, and a liar…and those aren't even his worst qualities.  Just look at who he's surrounding himself with…..George Barnes and Jos Leduc! Well Bob Armstrong, desperate times call for desperate measures, boy! I've already whooped George Barnes two weeks in a row so forget him. I want to challenge YOU and Leduc to a tag team match this Monday night! I went out and found somebody to be my partner who can get just as mean, nasty, and dirty as you two can. This man is as bad as they come and like that old saying, he'd wade through hell just to fight a circle saw. So, if you wanna end me so bad, Bob Armstrong….you and your lumberjack colonel buddy meet us in a tag match on Monday night and I'll show you that just like this 'Tennessee Stud' horse of mine right here….it's a whole helluva lot easier to jump on Ron Fuller than it is to jump off! See ya Monday Bob!"

(END VTR)

====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

====================

MATCH #3:

Col. Leduc w/General Armstrong defeated Curly Jefferson in 22 seconds by submission with an over the shoulder backbreaker

(After the Armstrong/Leduc walk over to the interview area where they are met by a very skiddish Boni Blackstone as the fans boo loudly in unison)

BB: "General, it's pretty obvious the fans are not at all pleased with your recent actions towards Ron Fuller."

(Armstrong takes a few moments to glare at the camera, then glares over at the studio audience which makes them BOO even louder….after what feels like an uncomfortable amount of time….Armstrong slowly takes out a pack of cigarettes and lights one….he takes a long drag off of it then blows the smoke in Boni's general direction)

BulletBobBlue.jpg

Armstrong: "Listen Missy, as far as the fans go…..anyone who would cheer for a lowlife like Ron Fuller…well their thoughts and opinions really don't concern me. First of all I want to announce that Sgt. Barnes has been relieved of his duties since clearly he couldn't get the job done.  Let me also make it clear that there's not enough time in this television program for me to list off all the rotten things that Ron Fuller has done to me personally over the years, not to mention my family. Of course Ron Fuller can talk real tough via videotape from somewhere else…..I think it's real appropriate that he sent that interview in from a stable because everything he said was a bunch of horse****!  I don't care who he finds for a partner…..his sorry cousin Jimmy Golden. His goofy brother Robert Fuller……maybe he'll bring that Ric Flair wannabe Buddy Landel back down here.  It makes no difference to me and you can scrape up that guy that Leduc just broke in half and see if he thinks Col. Leduc is concerned about big lanky Ron Fuller and anybody who would be dumb enough to show their face around here as his partner."

BB: "So it's safe to say you have accepted the challenge for the tag team match, I guess the question that's on everyone's mind right now is, what do your sons think of this army you've assembled and how you are going about this war with Ron Fuller?"

(Armstrong closes this eyes as he takes another long drag of the cigarette before responding)

Armstrong: "This battle doesn't concern them, and I refuse to involve them and I would suggest you don't bring it up again. This interview is over!"

(Armstrong's Army storms out)

Valiant: "Good lord Charles, where did you guys find this broad? She's certainly no Barbara Walters I can tell you that."

Platt: "Bless her heart, she's trying. Right now let's go to the ring and see the 'new' Lightning Express in action."

Valiant: "Well enough about her, it's time for the moment you've all been waiting for……let's head over to THE FIESTA GARDEN!!"

=======================

EKyanrZ.jpg

The camera pans over to the Fiesta Garden stage decorated with four large, fake cacti in each corner, each of which is wearing a different colored sombrero. On the wall behind the stage is a Fiesta Garden banner that is done up in the colors of the Mexican flag and also has streamers and balloons attached to it.

Standing partially covering that banner is the six foot, ten inch "Plowboy Martinez" who is shoeless, and wearing overalls as well as a lucha mask and a sombrero.

YXrW2rb.jpg

At the front of the stage sits two directors chairs, done in green fabric. One of them has the name Alberto Madril stenciled on the back of it, and the other says "Special Guest."

Standing in between those two chairs wearing a pair of blue jeans, a black shirt with a gold chain, and a pair of cowboy boots is none other than the host of the Fiesta Garden..... Al Madril.

FVaHL9A.png

The boo's are coming hot and heavy as Madril lifts the microphone toward his mouth, but this only makes the grin on Al's face grow bigger.

Al Madril: "Hola Mi Amigos!! Welcome back to the top show in all of professional wrestling, The Fiesta Garden! As always, I am your host, the man who is undefeated here in Twin States, the man who lives that clean life forever, the man who doesn't even know how to spell the word cheat, Mr. Alberto Madril!"

More boo's, more grinning.

Al Madril: "and this giant hombre behind me, is my personal security, my bodyguard, mi familia, ladies and gentleman, and I use those terms loosely here in Dothan... Plowboy Martinez!! Say Hello Plowboy!"

Madril holds the microphone up for the big man and has a look on his face that says "you better get this right." The big man adjusts his mask, hooks his thumb in his overall straps and leans forward, speaking in an almost sing song voice....

Plowboy Martinez: "Hellloooo Plowboy!"

Madril makes a face almost like he is considering it, then shakes his head, and half turns to the big man.

Al Madril: "Itttt... was better. Butttt.... let's keep working on it. Okay?"

The big man nods his head, and Madril immediately goes back to smiling. Meanwhile, the fans have continued to boo all of this, except for taking a moment to laugh at Plowboy talking.

Al Madril: "Okay! Now, let's get to our very special guest today. The wife of a legendary figure in our sport. Her husband is a former AWA World Heavyweight Champion on top of holding multiple other championships across the world. She is also formerly part of the Rainbow Warriors, which I assume is a women's organization of some sort, but I am sure we will learn more about it during this interview. So please, degenerates and scumbags of Dothan, join me in giving a warm Fiesta Garden welcome to the wife of Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat.... Vickie Steamboat!!!"

9k7OaDB.jpg

Madril screws his face into a look of absolute confusion as this man walks toward the Fiesta Garden stage, steps up and stares Alberto down. There are several moments of uncomfortable silence as Madril stares at the man looking confused, and the man looks less than amused at the antics of Alberto.

Al Madril: "Ummm... Can I help you? Are you an associate of Mrs. Steamboat?"

Vic Steamboat: "Cut the crap Madril! I'm Vic Steamboat!"

Al Madril: "Wait a minute, wait a minute..... WHAT!"

Vic Steamboat: "There is no Vickie Steamboat you idiot. I am Vic Steamboat!"

Al Madril: "Really?"

Vic Steamboat: "Yeah. Really."

Al Madril: "Soooo..... are you trying to tell all of us that Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat is married to a man?"

Madril is grinning again, and Vic Steamboat is looking angrier by the moment.

Al Madril: "Because that would certainly explain the Rainbow Warrior thing!"

Steamboat grabs Madril by the front of the shirt with one hand and raises a fist with the other!

Al Madril: "WOAH! WOAH!! WOAH!!! Calm down.... calm down..... It's okay compadre! MY FAULT!! I just thought Vic was like.. an abbreviation or something! They literally handed me a scrap of paper right before I came out here that said Vic Steamboat, related to Ricky, Rainbow Warriors... that was all I knew!"

Steamboat doesn't necessarily look like he believes Madril, but he lets go of the shirt and lowers his fist. 

Al Madril: "So, are you like "a member" of the Steamboat family? Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge, know what I mean!"

Vic Steamboat: "No, Ricky is my brother."

Al Madril: "Oh Yeah! Right on... (Madril gives a big wink) Brother."

Vic Steamboat: "No, really. Let me say this slow so you can understand. He. Is. My. Brother."

Al Madril: "Really?"

Vic Steamboat: "I've had just about enough of you Madril."

Al Madril: "Look, I am just trying to get the facts here. Fine, let's say I believe you. Then, what is this Rainbow Warriors thing?"

Vic Steamboat: "Well, before I came here to Twin States, I was wrestling out in California as part of a very successful tag team known as The Rainbow Warriors. But, now my partner and I have chosen to go our seperate ways and I am looking to make my mark in singles competition here in Twin States Wrestling."

Al Madril: "I see. I see. So the question is.. did you guys split up because your team name was so stupid? or because he realized that you were Lance Von Steamboat?"

Before Steamboat has time to react to the insult, Madril pops him hard in the face with the microphone. Steamboat clutches his face, but is then clubbed hard in the back by the giant Plowboy Martinez. Steamboat falls from the Fiesta Garden stage to the floor as both Madril and Plowboy look down at him.

Al Madril: "Well, it looks like another episode of The Fiesta Garden has come to an end. I suppose now I'm going to have to beat this guy fair and square like I did that guy last week. Oh well, maybe next week they'll actually give me someone worth talking too. C'mon Plowboy, let's do the best thing there is to do in Dothan.... leave Dothan."

Madril and Plowboy walk out to a round of boo's as Vic Steamboat is pulling himself up off the floor.

=======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK
=======================

MATCH #4:

The Lightning Express (Scott Armstrong/Tim Horner) defeated Sammy Hall/Jackie Daytona when Horner pinned Hall with his 'Natural Bridge' roll up

(Boni Blackstone approaches Armstrong and Horner at ringside)

BB: "Hey guys, let me be the first to officially welcome you guys back to Twin States Wrestling!"

scottyarmstrongUSJrbelt.jpg

Armstrong: "Thanks Boni, it's great to be here….I've had some of the best times of my career down here in Alabama and Mississippi over the past few years and I'm excited to teaming up with our family friend, Tim Horner."

s-l400.jpg

Horner: "Hey, I'm excited to be teaming up with Scott….Brad and myself have had a lot of success in recent years and he's going to be coming here soon as well!"

BB: "He sure is, we'll be hearing more about that in a moment or two. Guys, this Monday you are scheduled to be in a tag team match against "Uptown" Dennis Brown and "Gentleman" Jack Hart…any thoughts on those guys?"

Horner: "Boni, I know DENNY Brown but this is the first I've heard of DENNIS….and I hear ol' Jack isn't that much of a gentleman so we'll be looking forward to stepping in there against those two."

Armstrong: "One thing I do know about Mr. 'Uptown' Brown is that he's the Alabama Junior Champion now and everybody knows that Scott Armstrong is the king of the junior heavyweights in this region!"

BB: "Just one more question Scott, what do you think about your Dad's actions as 'the General' and his Armstrong's Army?"

Armstrong: "No comment Boni, we need to get out of here and start heading on to the next one."

(We cut back to the desk with Charlie Platt and Johnny V)

Valiant: "Asking Bob Armstrong went so well she decided to ask Scott too…..what a dingbat!"

Platt: "Take it easy, Johnny. Right now I wanna welcome out Les Thatcher who has a couple of announcements."

Thatcher: "Next Monday night in Birmingham, we'll be having a one night sixteen man tournament to crown a Twin States Heavyweight Champion, we'll reveal the full brackets next week here on television but I can tell you that Vic Steamboat who debuted earlier in the Fiesta Garden will be in the tournament, Brad Armstrong will be in, Mr. Olympia, and a whole host of others so get ready to a have new champion of Twin States Wrestling.  Also, we're about to run down the card for THIS Monday night in Birmingham. I just wanted to let everyone know that today's main event will determine what type of match we will see on Monday night between Ron Bass and Wendell Cooley.  If Cooley wins today, Monday night's match will be a 'bullrope match' but if Bass wins, then Monday's match will be a 'Bullwhip on a Pole' match. It's gonna be a great card Monday night, Charlie tell everyone what they have to look forward to at the Boutwell Auditorium."

Twin States Wrestling

Monday Sept 26th, 1987

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

MAIN EVENT

TAG TEAM CHALLENGE MATCH

Armstrong's Army (General Armstrong/Col. Leduc)

vs.

"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller/Mystery Partner

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

??BULLROPE MATCH OR BULLWHIP ON A POLE MATCH??

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

vs.

"Outlaw" Ron Bass

Twin States Tag Team Championship

Los Mega Starrs (Chicky/Ron)

vs.

Johnny/Davey Rich

FLAG MATCH

Ranger Ross

vs.

The Lightning Express (Scott Armstrong/"White Lightning" Tim Horner)

vs.

The Uptown Gentlemen ("Uptown" Dennis Brown/"Gentleman" Jack Hart)

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

Vic Steamboat

vs.

Mr. Olympia

vs.

Soldat Ustinov w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

(Card Subject to Change)

=====================

COMMERCIAL

=====================

(We return from commercial to a VTR of 'Nightmare' Danny Davis sans face paint standing outside of a hospital)

Davis: "I just wanted to give everyone an update on my partner Kenny Wayne, while he has suffered an injury from when 'Rotten' Ron Starr caused him to fall from the top rope head first to the floor, luckily it's nowhere near as serious as it could have been….quite frankly he could have been killed or at the very least paralyzed but as it stands right now he has a serious concussion and the doctors are still x-raying his neck to see the extent of the damage.  But the important thing is, he will be on the road to recovery very soon and in the meantime, I'll be on the road to looking for revenge on the Mega Starrs, especially you Ron Starr, they call you 'Rotten' Ron Starr for a reason and you better watch your back because when you least expect it…I'll be there! It might just be YOU riding in the ambulance next time!"

(END VTR)

Platt: "Strong words, from the 'Nightmare' Danny Davis."

Valiant: "There's no need for him to threaten the champs, Ron Starr wasn't trying to injure Ken Wayne he was merely trying to prevent him from jumping off the top rope on his brother, Chicky."

Platt: "Are you serious? I don't know what's more ridiculous….you saying that somebody can shove someone off the top rope to the floor without the intent to injure them….or the insinuation that Ron Starr and Chicky Starr are actually brothers."

Valiant: "They are brothers just like Jimmy and Jerry are my brothers."

Platt: "Now that I'll agree with….let's go to the ring for our main event."

MATCH #5:

Outlaw Ron Bass pinned Wildcat Wendell Cooley when Dirty Rhodes appeared at ringside and distracted Cooley allowing Bass to roll up him from behind with a school boy for the win!

Platt: "Fans, I have no idea what Dirty Rhodes is doing here, hopefully we can get some more insight into this next week but regardless it looks like these two will meet again Monday night in a 'bullwhip on a pole' match."

Valiant: "Ron Bass is the master of the bullwhip, Cooley doesn't stand a chance!"

Platt: "That remains to be seen, fans we'll see you right here next week for more Twin States Wrestling!"

Executive Producer

Ronald Welch

Producer

Gene Jackson

Floor Director

Boni Blackstone

Fiesta Garden Producer/Assistant to Mr. Madril

Bob Blehschmidt

Match Maker

Les Thatcher

Audio

Howard Moon

Camera

Colin Robinson

Steven Toast

Dennis Reynolds

Bill Gillespie

Boni Blackstone's wardrobe provided by 'Fashion Bug'

Catering provided by 'Sonny's Soul Food' of Dothan

WTVYLogo.jpg

Platt & Valiant give a recap on the big show from Birmingham that left a number of Twin States stars in need of some r&r.

What do Los Mega Stars have against Blackstone?

If Billy & Johnny pull on Davey any harder the poor sod is gonna get split in half.

Fuller takes a second to the Alabama fans "I told you so" before throwing down the challenge for a big tag match this Monday.

I have seen some of heel Bob Armstrong on YouTube but he was playing more of a cocky prick then the vengeful ass-kicker you've got here but I was still impressed. Poor Blackstone just can't catch a break today.

The Madril/Frasier dynamic continue to entertain. I think the big man is growing on Madril. Rough debut for young Steamboat though.

Looks like another big night in Birmingham.

Danny Davis looks to become a Nightmare Rotten Ron won't be able to wake up from.

Dirty Rhodes is in the house & has found himself some fellow Outlaws to ride with.

These post show credits are always a delight.

I liked the details with the various injuries from last Monday night. Really adds realism. Nice touch.

It appears the Starrs want to do their talking in the ring. Starr Cruncher is such a great finisher name. 

The Travis/Richs saga continues. Both sides bring up good points. Like Billy and Davey said "We shall see" 

Fuller responds to Bob's actions with a challenge. Can't wait to see who his mystery partner is. This next chapter in the Fuller/Armstrong feud is going to be so awesome! 

Bob shares his views and the fans don't like it. Him smoking his such a heel move. I remember him doing this LOL. 

LOL! Another great Fiesta Garden. Plowboy's improving. Vic Steamboat gets the introduction of a lifetime. Out of all this the "Lance Von Steamboat" line was the icing. Madril's at the top of his game. This did give Vic a lot of attention. Can't wait for their match. 

Lightning Express come in with a bang. I wonder how long it will be before they seriously address Bob. I also noticed Scott's "King of the Juniors" comment. Could there be something there? 

Ron Starr better be on high alert because the Nightmares are coming after him. 

Dirty Rhodes arrives and gives Bass the win. Rhodes is in deep now, messing with Cooley. On the flip side, Bass is a great guy to have on your side.

I'm with AD, the post show credits are a lot of fun. 

Awesome show.  I must admit that I, who know little about the actual history of Alabama, seem to think that Bob Armstrong has a good point.  I mean why are these fans so quick to side with Fuller?  Anyway, this is the angle I am most interested in our game today as it just seems so real and personal.  be fun

Bob vs Ron also seems to leave the rest of the Armstrong family in an interesting place.  Looking forward to all of this.

Speaking a family business?  The Rich cousins seem to have an outsider stirring the pot.  Another great angle that I am looking forward to.  

Great Fiesta Garden this week.  Between Valiant, the Bullet, The Not Starr Brothers and Al MAdril, your hells are getting some BIG TIME HEAT!! I wonder if the babyfaces can stand up to all the pressure.  It is going to be a great ride!

Twin States Wrestling

Monday Sept 26th, 1987

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

Mr. Olympia pinned Soldat Ustinov w/Sir Oliver Humperdink with a backslide

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

Vic Steamboat  defeated "The Great" Al Madril w/Plowboy Martinez by DQ when Plowboy got caught tripping Steamboat as he hit the ropes

The Uptown Gentlemen ("Uptown" Dennis Brown/"Gentleman" Jack Hart) defeated The Lightning Express (Scott Armstrong/"White Lightning" Tim Horner) when Downtown Bruno came to the ring and caused a distraction that allowed ERIC EMBRY to come from out of the crowd and lay out Scott Armstrong with some brass knucks allowing Brown to get the pin

FLAG MATCH

Boris Zhukov w/Sir Oliver Humperdink defeated Ranger Ross when Soldat Ustinov came to ringside threatening to burn the American Flag that Humperdink stole from Ross last week, this allowed Zhukov to climb the pole and retrieve the Russian flag for the win. Afterwards the Russians attacked Ross and left him laying until Brickhouse Brown ran in with a chair to make the save.

Twin States Tag Team Championship

Los Mega Starrs (Chicky/Ron)

vs.

Johnny/Davey Rich

This match was classic tag team match that the fans were really into…..when about 16 minutes in, Billy Travis came to ringside and it distracted but Johnny and Davey Rich who were arguing with him to leave which eventually brought the referee out of the ring to try to make Travis leave…..while all this was happening….Ron Starr was in the middle of the ring screaming outside to the ref to count the Richs out! Meanwhile 'Nightmare' Danny Davis runs down the aisle, yanks Chicky off the apron and rams his head into the ring post laying him out, he then slides into the ring and sprays something onto a rag and comes up behind Ron Starr and places it over his face….which quickly puts him out…..finally security drags Billy Travis away from ringside as Danny Davis runs out through the crowd…..Johnny Rich slides back into the ring and sees Ron Starr out cold as the fans scream "pin him, pin him!"  so Rich covers him….the ref is back in and counts 1-2-3!  The winners and new Twin States Tag Team Champions, Johnny and Davey Rich!  Billy Travis comes back to ringside and is LIVID!! Chicky Starr pulls himself up off the floor, his forehead is bleeding and Ron Starr is still out cold in the middle of the ring.

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

BULLWHIP ON A POLE MATCH

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeated "Outlaw" Ron Bass by climbing the pole and retrieving the bullwhip! He lashes Bass several times with it, as Dirty Rhodes runs out to try and help Bass, Cooley lights him up with the whip as well sending both men running towards the dressing room!

MAIN EVENT

TAG TEAM CHALLENGE MATCH

Armstrong's Army (General Armstrong/Col. Leduc)

vs.

"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller/Mystery Partner

General Armstrong and Col. Leduc made their way down to ringside with 'Military Drum Cadence A' playing over the PA system to a loud chorus of 'boos' from all the fans in the Boutwell Auditorium. "Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller came down to the ring by himself and then introduced his "mystery partner"…………

The one and only…..MONGOLIAN STOMPER who came tearing down the aisle and stormed right into the ring and this match was under way with a four way brawl to start! The referee was never able to restore any kind of order to turn this into any semblance of a tag team match and after several minutes of fighting and the ref being shoved down at least once by all four participants as he tried to get someone…anyone….into a corner to get this thing settled down he finally threw out the match and declared it a 'NO CONTEST' As the crowd loudly boo'd the referee's decision, Les Thatcher came down to ringside and declared that along with the tournament to crown a Twin States Champion next Monday night, he was also adding a non-sanctioned steel cage tag team match between these two teams! The crowd erupted with approval! Thatcher also announced that tickets would be on sale for next week's show at the box office as they left the building tonight!

Olympia beating a Russian in the opener definitely got the crowd going.

I'm sure Plowboy will be getting an earful on next week's fiesta garden.

Bruno & Embry both make their return coming to the aide of the Uptown Gentlemen.

Ustinov threatening to burn the flag leads to his comrade winning the flag match. Hope there was enough security at ringside for all this.

An absolute clusterfuck leads to the Rich Cousins becoming the NEW Twin States Tag Team Champions!

Cooley uses Bass' own bullwhip to get payback on him & Dirty Rhodes both.

Fuller brings in the Stomper and the result is so crazy that the ref can't even get the match started! After the announcement of the rematch being in a cage, I wouldn't be surprised if the tickets are already sold out.

Olympia racks up another win in the opener. 

Plowboy's interference backfires this week which gives Steamboat the DQ win. Probably not the satisfying win Vic wanted but still a win. 

Love the Uptown combo of Brown and Hart. Things turn way up with both Bruno and Embry returning. Twin States is catching fire again. 

I can see why Ross was distracted. That was some serious heat, literally. The Russians follow with a beat down but luckily Brickhouse was in the building. 

Mass chaos in the tag title bout! I loved every minute because of the multiple storylines involved. In the end, the Rich's are holding gold. 

Cooley's the man! He puts a whipp'n on both Bass and Rhodes. 

Fuller sure got himself a great partner in Stomper. I don't think Bob and Leduc were ready for him. All out brawl ends the show which leads to a cage match for next week. 

I would have been more than satisfied leaving this show. 

TwinStatesLogo1.jpg

Twin States Wrestling TV

Pre-Recorded and airing on 9/17/87

WTVY Channel 4 Studios

Dothan, Alabama

Alabama & Mississippi

(The show opens with a montage of footage from previous Twin States shows in 1985 featuring clips of Ron Fuller, Bob Armstrong, Jos Leduc, The Mongolian Stomper, The Nightmares, Bill Dundee & George Barnes, Mr. Olympia, and others to the instrumental of Billy Idol's 'White Wedding'…with a voiceover saying, "Welcome to Twin States Wrestling bringing you great wrestling action from across Alabama and Mississippi, we now take you to your host….Charlie Platt!")

JohnnyV2.jpeg

Valiant: "Charles, I'm excited because this Monday we'll crown a Twin States Heavyweight Champion!"

Platt: "We certainly will Johnny and as a matter of fact let's take a look at the line up for the first round of the tournament as well as the big tag team steel cage match that was signed based off the wild brawl last Monday night."

(Graphics appear as Platt runs down the card for Monday night in Birmingham)

Twin States Wrestling

Monday Oct 1st, 1987

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

Twin States Wrestling Heavyweight Title Tournament

Round 1:

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry w/Downtown Bruno

vs.

Vic Steamboat

Shaska Whatley

vs.

Brad Armstrong

Tiger Conway Jr.

vs.

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

"Outlaw" Ron Bass

vs.

Scott Armstrong

Mr. Olympia

vs.

"Gentleman" Jack Hart

"Rotten" Ron Starr

vs.

Brickhouse Brown

Ranger Ross

vs.

vs.

"White Lightning" Tim Horner

MAIN EVENT

STEEL CAGE GRUDGE MATCH
"General" Bob Armstrong

"Colonel" Jos Leduc

vs.

The Mongolian Stomper

------------------------------------------

Valiant: "Wow, look at some of the stars that are coming in to compete for the Twin States Championship."

Platt: "That's right, including a couple of familiar faces to the territory that are over in the interview area joined by Boni Blackstone."

(Boni Blackstone is joined by Shaska Whatley and Tiger Conway Jr.)

BoniBlackstone.jpg

BB: "I'm joined now by Shaska Whatley and Tiger Conway Jr who are no strangers to the fans of the Twin States, they were once a part of 'the Movement' and now they are returning to compete in the Twin States Championship Tournament this Monday night in Birmingham."

Movement2.jpg

Shaska: "That's right, Ms. Lady….we are here to take ALL the gold in the Twin States Rasslin! It don't matter if I win it, or if my man Tiger here wins it, cause it's all in the family, baby!"

Tiger: "He's exactly right! There was a time we were a part of the Movement….and the truth is we never stopped being a part of a MOVEMENT in rasslin.  Taking a look around I see our man, Brickhouse Brown is here so maybe it's time to bring him back in the fold and get this Movement going in full effect!"

BB: "I'm not sure Brickhouse will be interested as he and Ranger Ross have their own issues with Oliver Humperdink and his Russians."

Shaska: (laughing) "Ok Ms. Lady, I'm sure you know Brickhouse better than we do (rolling his eyes).  Listen, Ranger Ross is a brutha too…so maybe he needs to quit all that American flag waving and join up in a real Movement….a cause that may help him succeed in this business cause waving that American flag and fighting for 'tha man' ain't gonna get him nowhere!"

Tiger: "You got that right, but let's not talk about it no more Shaska, let's remind these people what we all about!"

Shaska: "Now ya talkin'! Watch this, Ms. Lady!"

MATCH #1:

The Movement (Shaska Whatley/Tiger Conway Jr.) defeated Buck Spivey/Jackie Daytona when Whatley pinned Daytona after a flying headbutt

===========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===========================

MATCH #2:

Brad Armstrong pinned Randy Watson following a Russian Leg Sweep

(After the match, Charlie Platt joined Brad Armstrong at ringside)

Platt: "Brad, we're excited to have you back and I know you'll be competing in the Twin States Championship tournament this Monday night."

BradArmstrong.jpg

BA: "I'm excited to be here and I'm very excited at the opportunity to put some gold back around my waist."

Platt: "That's great to hear, I do want to ask you….do you have any comment on what's going on with your father, Bob Armstrong and Ron Fuller right now."

BA:  (long pause) "Mr. Platt, my father is his own man and what's going on between him and Ron Fuller is a long standing personal issue that I choose not to get involved with……but like I said, I'm excited to be back and look forward to competing for the championship. Thanks!" (abruptly leaves)

Valiant: "Great job, Charlie Blackstone….(shakes his head)  And now for something completely different. Let's go to the Fiesta Garden with the 'Great' Al Madril!"

============================

EKyanrZ.jpg

The camera pans over to the Fiesta Garden stage decorated with four large, fake cacti in each corner, each of which is wearing a different colored sombrero. On the wall behind the stage is a Fiesta Garden banner that is done up in the colors of the Mexican flag and also has streamers and balloons attached to it.

Obscuring the banner is the six foot, ten inch "Plowboy Martinez" who is shoeless, and wearing overalls as well as a lucha mask and a sombrero.

YXrW2rb.jpg

At the front of the stage sits two directors chairs, done in green fabric. One of them has the name Alberto Madril stenciled on the back of it, and the other says "Special Guest."

FVaHL9A.png

Madril has a smile on his face as the boo's of the crowd come hot and heavy. He rolls his eyes and mouths the word "Stop It" before beginning the show.

Al Madril: "Hola Mi Amigos!! Welcome back to the highest rated segment in all of Twin States Wrestling, The Fiesta Garden! I am your host, the most handsome man in all of Twin States Wrestling, the Latin Lover, Alberto Madril!"

The jeers are deafening, but Al doesn't seem to notice.

Al Madril: "and this giant of a man behind me is my one man security detail. My personal bodyguard. The man who needs to learn how to make sure the referee isn't looking.... Ladies and Gentleman... Plowboy Martinez!! Now, since you owe me one for this past Monday, let's try and get this right. Say Hello Plowboy!"

Madril takes a deep breath, closes his eyes, and holds the microphone up over his head for the masked man. Martinez clears his throat very loudly, which has Madril muttering under his breath, and then leans forward.

Plowboy Martinez: "Hello Plowboy."

Madril's eyes snap open and he looks absolutely shocked. He bring the microphone back down and turns to Martinez.

Al Madril: "Hey!! You got it! That was great big guy! Keep that up, and I'll get you an extra box of moon pies... I mean taco's before we head out of town tonight!"

When Madril turns back toward the camera, Plowboy does something of a hillbilly two step behind his back and then goes right back to standing stoically with his arms crossed. Madril meanwhile launches right into it...

Al Madril: "Okay folks, tonight I have a very special guest. A long time personal friend of mine, a man of class, honesty, dignity, and many other words that end in Y. Ladies and Gentleman, Sir Oliver Humpderink!"

Hump.jpg

Oliver Humperdink comes to the stage in his best colorful shirt and sunglasses combination, with his red mane looking as poofy as every. He and Madril are all smiles as they greet one another with an over exaggerated handshake, followed by a hug.

Al Madril: "Compadre! It's so good to see you! How have you been?"

Oliver Humpderdink: "Alberto! It's good to see you too Brother, but I gotta tell you.... things haven't been going so good here in Twin States. My men have a thorn in their side, and I'm sick of it!!"

Al Madril: "Well Hump, let's get into that, but first, why don't you tell me about your men, and bring them out here."

Oliver Humpderdink: "First, from the frozen tundra of Stalingrad, six feet five inches tall, three hundred pounds.... Soldat Ustinov!"

SoldatUstinov.jpg

Oliver Humpderdink: "and his partner, from the heart of the Soviet capital, Moscow. Six feet two inches tall, two hundred and fifty pounds, the Russian War Hammer known as Boris Zhukov!"

BorisZhukov.jpg

Humperdink is clapping for his men as Madril stares and nods his head in amazement as they come to his stage. The fans hate all of this with a passion!

Al Madril: "Oliver, I have to tell you, these men are very impressive. Tell me and all of these wonderful people here in Dothan more about them."

Oliver Humpderdink: "Well Alberto, Soldat Ustinov was in the AWA earlier this year where he was never given a fair shake. So he has spent the summer traveling across this country fighting anyone who would step into the ring with him."

Al Madril: "Yeah, I know all about not getting a fair shake in the AWA. Try having the number one show in wrestling, but being told you can't do that because a blonde wig sitting on two plastic jugs is taking up all the air time."

Oliver Humpderdink: "Huh. So on top of being biased against foreigners, the AWA also has a rodent infestation."

Al Madril: "It would appear so. Anyhow, tell me about Boris."

Oliver Humpderdink: "Well, Boris has also been a victim of bias in this business. He was working up in New York where he should have been a top star. But instead of allowing him to shine, they saddled him with a decrepit tag team partner that probably should have retired a year ago."

Al Madril: "Ennh, I hear everything in New York runs about a year behind schedule. So, now you have them here, together in Twin States, but like you said earlier, you have a thorn in your side. Let's talk about that."

Oliver Humpderdink: "RANGER ROSS!! You started this war by attacking Soldat Ustinov and parading that American flag around the ring. Then Boris arrived and these two men showed you the true power of the Soviet Union and the House of Humperdink, but that wasn't enough for you! Un-Uh! So last week, big Boris beats you in the flag match, and that should have been it. Ranger Ross and the U.S. of A. broken and beaten, but here you are again, running your mouth and throwing out challenges! Now you claim you are going to find someone to team up with you to fight both of these men? HA HA! Don't make me laugh Ranger Ross. You are fighting a war you can't win, and only an idiot would stand beside you. So sure, we accept your challenge. But when you can't find anyone fool enough to fight with you, prepare to get beaten down like the dog that you are."

Boris Zhukov: "FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!!"

Soldat Ustinov: "FOR THE HOUSE!!"

Oliver Humpderdink: "That's right!!"

Al Madril: "There you have it Ladies and Gentleman, this Monday night, these two....(Madril glances first at Ustinov, then at Zhukov).... Russian athletes are going to destroy Night Ranger, or Ranger Danger, or whatever his name is. Then next week, make sure you tune back in for the next exciting episode of the number one show in all of professional wrestling, The Fiesta Garden. Good Night Everyone!"

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #3:

"Rotten" Ron Starr w/Chicky Starr pinned Frank Rizzo after a piledriver

(Johnny V comes over to ringside and tells Boni Blackstone to "beat it")

Valiant: "Ron, I don't blame you for not wanting to talk to that dingbat broad the past few weeks, but I know you have to have some things on your mind about how you and Chicky got robbed of the tag team titles last Monday night."

chickyandronstarr.jpg

Ron: "Your damn right we do! Those idiot Rich Cousins are running around here with OUR titles all because of that little star faced midget, Danny Davis! You listen to me Danny Davis, you better reserve you a hospital room next to that partner of yours because when we get our hands on you, you're going to be carried out just like he was!"

Chicky: "Ronnie…Ronnie…settle down. Listen, Johnny…….are we mad about having our belts stolen? Of course we are! Will we get revenge on the little Nightmare? Of course we will! Will we get our titles back from the Richs? Of course we will! But first things first! This Monday night, Ronnie is in the tournament for the heavyweight title! So right now, all of our focus is on making Ronnie the Twin States champ. Once that's taken care of…..we'll seek revenge on ALL of those who have wronged us!"

Valiant: "See Boni! That's how you do an interview!

(VTR- we see the highlights from the Twin States Tag Team title match from last Monday night where Johnny and Davey Rich won the titles. We then go to a promo from Billy Travis shot in the dressing room at the Boutwell Auditorium immediately after the show on Monday night)

BillyJoeTravis.jpg

Travis: "Wow, I underestimated you two. I mean I'm not shocked that Johnny Rich would stoop to having Danny Davis interfere to help you guys win the tag team titles but I really expected better from you Davey. But, you guys did it. So, Davey….let's see if you’re a man of your word. I've got a tag team partner who wants nothing more in life than to get you two in the ring! If you boys are any kind of champions, hell any kinda men at all…you'll put those titles on the line against me and my partner right here on this television show next week!"

(END VTR)

(When we return from the VTR, Boni Blackstone is joined in the interview area by Johnny/Davey Rich)

Boni: "First of all, congratulations on winning the Twin States tag team titles last week."

Johnny: "Thank you very much Boni, we're proud to be the champs!"

Davey: "We certainly are and we thank these great fans for supporting us!"

BB: "I know you guys just heard from Billy Travis as we all did and heard his challenge for a championship match here next week. Do you accept?"

Richs3.jpg

Johnny: "No, we don't."

Davey: "Wait, what?"

Johnny: "No, we don't. Billy Travis hasn't done anything since he's been in Twin States to earn a tag team title shot and we don't even know who his partner is…..clearly they haven't been teaming up until now and there's plenty of other teams who have been competing in Twin States that have earned a title shot before him and his partner that he's clearly too embarrassed to even mention their name."

Davey: "Look, I say we accept the challenge. Don't make us look like cowards, Johnny."

Johnny: "We don't look like cowards, they simply haven't earned it. I'll tell you what Davey, how about this…we'll face Billy Travis and his partner here on TV next week in a non-title match and if they can beat us. We'll give them a title shot the following Monday. Is that fair."

BB: "Sounds fair to me."

Davey: "If it sounds fair to Boni, it sounds fair to me."

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #4:

Mr. Olympia pinned Roy Munson after a DDT

Mr. Olympia skips the interview and just leans over the desk and yells….."After I win that title on Monday night, let's seem them try to stick the Champion in the first match" …..then storms off.

Olympia+Blue.jpg

(Boni Blackstone is joined in the interview area by Downtown Bruno/Eric Embry/Dennis Brown/Jack Hart)

BB: "Last Monday night we were shocked to see this man, Downtown Bruno along with Eric Embry as they helped these two man Dennis Brown and Jack Hart get the win over Scott Armstrong and Tim Horner."

DowntownBruno2.jpg

Bruno: "First of all, I don't like what that implies when you say we 'helped' these men defeat Armstrong and Horner….they won that match on their own Eric Embry and myself just came out and gave them some moral support…..and by the way from now on you refer to this group of men as the 'Downtown Connection', even though Dennis Brown is Uptown, he's still cool with Downtown Bruno!"

BB: "The reason I said you helped them was because you distracted the referee while Eric Em…." (Embry cuts her off)

EricEmbry2.jpg

Embry: "Why are you talking about old stuff, Boni? That's in the past, we're done with that…the bottom line is Dennis Brown and Jack Hart BEAT Scott Armstrong and Tim Horner… anything else is just boring unimportant details. If you want to talk about something current….if you want to look to the future let's talk about the fact that either myself or Jack Hart will be the Twin States Heavyweight Champion by this time next week."

BB: "That's another question I have, why are you and Jack Hart in the tournament but not 'Uptown' Dennis Brown?"

Bruno: "Are you out here just to start trouble, lady?  Look, do you see that championship belt around Dennis Brown's waist? He's already the Alabama Junior Heavyweight Champion…that's why he's not in the tournament…..no other reason than that!"

BB: "I wasn't trying to start trouble I was just curious about that, I'm also curious about what will happen if Eric Embry and Jack Hart in up across the ring from each other in one of the later rounds. Who will you support Bruno?"

Embry: "I don't like you, Blackstone! I just met you and I DO NOT like you. We'll cross that bridge when we get there, I'm sure that if Jack and I end up facing off and I'm sure we will because none of these other wrestlers around here could beat either one of us….we'll have a fair, technical wrestling match and the best man will win."

Bruno: "Good answer Eric, so to sum things up Boni Blondestone, it's not a matter of IF Jack Hart and Eric Embry will face of, it's just a matter of when and when they do it will be the greatest match you've ever seen and whoever the better man is on Monday night, they will walk out the champion…..but what you can count on is….whether it's Jack, or whether it's Eric….one of them will be the new champ and it's like Mama says, it beez that way sometimes."

Embry: "I love when he says that."

(Brown looks like he was about to say something as everyone walks away)

(Les Thatcher comes out to the desk)

Thatcher: "After the wild brawl that could not be contained enough to have a regular tag team match, I banned Bob Armstrong, Jos Leduc, Ron Fuller, and Mongolian Stomper from the studio today and we'll see this thing get settled on Monday night inside the steel cage."

Platt: "That's good to hear, we didn't need that kind of chaos happening here today."

Thatcher: "No, we certainly don't. We're excited about Monday night, we're going to have an early bell time since there's going to be more matches due to the tournament, but the great news is…even with more matches on the card, which means more wrestlers, as well as the big steel cage match….there will be no increase in ticket prices and free parking! So get down to the Boutwell Auditorium for a HUGE night of Twin States Wrestling action and I'm also excited to announce we're about to be hitting the road and having shows in all the great towns across Alabama and Mississippi so get ready as Twin States will be coming very soon to a town near you!"

Platt: "That's all great news but right now let's head to the ring for our main event!"

MAIN EVENT

MATCH #5:

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Dirty Rhodes following a running bulldog but was attacked after the match by "Outlaw" Ron Bass, they got the better of Cooley for a few moments until Brad Armstrong ran in to make the save.

Platt: "With Johnny Mantell still out with an injury, thank goodness Wendell Cooley's former tag team partner Brad Armstrong was here to have his back."

Valiant: "Well, Mr. Armstrong may just end up regretting sticking his nose where it don't belong."

Platt: "That remains to be seen, but thank you all once again for joining us, we'll see you Monday night in Birmingham and right back here next week for another great episode of Twin States Wrestling!"

(Credits Roll)

Executive Producer

Ronald Welch

Producer

Gene Jackson

Floor Director

Boni Blackstone

Producer of the Fiesta Garden/Assistant to Mr. Madril

Bob Blehschmidt

Match Maker

Les Thatcher

Audio

Howard Moon

Camera

Colin Robinson

Steven Toast

Dennis Reynolds

Bill Gillespie

Boni Blackstone's wardrobe provided by 'Fashion Bug'

Plowboy Martinez's wardrobe provided by 'Goodwill'

Catering provided by 'Casa De Taco' of Dothan

WTVYLogo.jpg

Round 1 of the tournament is stacked with several men who would make a worthy champion.

Shaska & Tiger are back in Twin States & are ready to rebuild the Movement.

Brad sidesteps the question about his father to focus on his big opportunity to become the Twin States Heavyweight Champion.

Madril & Martinez are slowly getting on the same page. Ouch, Al takes a few shots at the folks in New York. Humperdink sends a powerful message to Night Rang...I mean Ranger Dang...I mean Ranger Ross.

Los Mega Stars finally give a proper interview running down their many enemies.

The Rich/Travis saga continues with Johnny agreeing to give Billy & his mystery partner a chance to earn a title shot.

Mr Olympia has had just about enough of the this disrespect.

Brown seems to be on the fringe of the new Downtown Connection.

Thatcher arrives with a huge announcement that Twin States is going back on tour.

Cooley wins the main event but ends up in a beatdown until Brad makes the save.

"Plowboy Martinez's wardrobe provided by 'Goodwill" LOL!

The tournament is full of worthy title holders. Looking forward to it. 

The Movement is back in Twin States! Ever since Bleh gave them their big push, they've remained strong in our world. I think Ross should hear them out. 

The Armstrong boys remain neutral in their Dad's and Fuller's issues. We'll see for how long. 

Plowboy doing that little side step cracked me up. HAHAHA, if there's one thing the AWA regrets, it's not having Madril on the Beauty Shop. I think Brenda had a lot to do with that behind the scenes. Hump and the Russians get a good showcase. Madril played it cool and probably thought it was best not to mess with 2 big bad Russians. However, he does get his shots in on Ross's name.

The Rich's/Travis story has been so good! The plot keeps getting better. I cant imagine who Travis is bringing in. Awesome stuff. 

Olympia's frustrations might be the motivation he needs to win the title. 

Bruno and Embry give all the right answers, but I wonder what's on Dennis's mind. 

Twin States is on the road again.

Cooley still has a friend in Brad Armstrong. Cooley's got to be considered to be a tournament favorite. 

AD beat me to it! Plowboy's wardrobe provided by Goodwill was too damn funny. 

Looking forward to the Twin States Tournament.  So many great matches that I have no idea who will get out of the first round, never mind win the title.  

Again, the highlight for me was all the great promos.  Shaska, Tiger, Al Madril with Humperdink, The Rich cousins, Bruno etc... These really tell an awesome story and then the back and forth between Platt, BB and Valiant.  It is the perfect Soap Opera for men.  Great show

Can't wait to see the mystery partner for Billy Travis!!