GeneJackson95

Twin States Wrestling

Monday Oct 3, 1987

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

Bell Time: 7pm

Twin States Wrestling Heavyweight Title Tournament Results

Round 1:

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry w/Downtown Bruno pinned Vic Steamboat with a school boy roll up and a handful of tights

Brad Armstrong pinned Shaska Whatley with a small package

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Tiger Conway Jr. following a running bulldog

"Outlaw" Ron Bass pinned Scott Armstrong after hitting his face first piledriver

Mr. Olympia pinned "Gentleman" Jack Hart w/Downtown Bruno with a sunset flip

"Rotten" Ron Starr w/Chicky Starr defeated Brickhouse Brown by count out when Chicky distracted the referee while Ron was brawling with Brown on the floor, from out of nowhere, Soldat Ustinov ran down and blasted Brick from behind with the flag pole, and then rammed him head first into the ring post. Meanwhile Ron Starr rolled back into the ring and Chicky got down off the apron which led to referee Larry Brock coming over and counting Brown out

Ranger Ross fought Boris Zhukov w/Sir Oliver Humperdink to a double count out, Ustinov ran down post match and helped Boris put a beatdown on Ranger Ross until Brickhouse Brown (with his head bandaged) ran down with a steel chair to make the save

"The Great" Al Madril w/Plowboy Martinez pinned "White Lightning" Tim Horner after hitting him with a horseshoe that was slipped to him by Plowboy Martinez when the ref wasn't looking

Round 2:

Brad Armstrong pinned "Flamboyant" Eric Embry w/Downtown Bruno, at one point Bruno got up on the ring apron and got the referee's attention to allow Embry to throw powder in the face of Armstrong, who ended up kicking Embry's hand causing the powder to go into Embry's eyes which allowed Armstrong to pin Embry with a school boy roll up

"Outlaw" Ron Bass defeated "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley by forfeit when Cooley did not come to the ring when his music played. A referee went back to the locker room to get Cooley but came back and said that Cooley's gear bag was still in the locker room but Cooley is nowhere to be found. The referee then had no choice but to award the match to Ron Bass who will move on to the semi-finals

Mr. Olympia w/"Nightmare" Danny Davis defeated "Rotten" Ron Starr w/Chicky Starr with a sleeper hold. Olympia came to the ring and announced that if Ron Starr could have Chicky in his corner who isn't a manager then he could have Danny Davis in his corner who also isn't a manager. Ron Starr complained but Les Thatcher came down and announced that either both could stay at ringside or both men could go, but neither one be allowed at ringside singularly.  The Starrs talked it over for a moment and then opted for both to stay. Davis kept on eye on Chicky and prevented him from interfering on a couple of different occasions….until Olympia locked Ron in a sleeper, Chicky jumped up on the ring apron but was snatched back down and punched by 'Nightmare' Danny Davis and Ron Starr eventually faded and went down to the sleeper

Due to the double count out in the Ranger Ross/Zhukov match, Al Madril gets a bye into the semi-finals

SEMI-FINALS:

Brad Armstrong pinned "Outlaw" Ron Bass with a flying crossbody from the top rope

"The Great" Al Madril w/Plowboy Martinez pinned Mr. Olympia with Plowboy holding Olympia feet so he couldn't kick out and somehow referee Tommy Gilbert didn't see it

Twin States Wrestling Heavyweight Title Tournament Results:

FINALS: As Al Madril and Plowboy Martinez were making their way down the aisle to the ring, from outta nowhere….WHAM! Mr. Olympia ran up from behind and whacked Plowboy with a chair….the big man went down and Olympia who had seemingly snapped cracked Martinez with the chair a few more times before security and other wrestlers were able to contain him.  Madril was now standing in the ring alone looking distraught as Brad Armstrong made his way out.

Brad Armstrong pinned "The Great" Al Madril with a backslide to win the Twin States Heavyweight Championship!

MAIN EVENT

STEEL CAGE GRUDGE MATCH
"General" Bob Armstrong/"Colonel" Jos Leduc defeated "Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller/The Mongolian Stomper in 18:32 of a brutal bloody cage match when Leduc pinned Stomper after putting him up on his shoulder and ramrodding him head first into the cage multiple times. After the match, Armstrong and Leduc turned their attention to Ron Fuller and Armstrong instructed Leduc to do the same to Fuller, but as Leduc put Fuller on his shoulder.  Brad and Scott Armstrong came down and tried to reason with their father. Bob while not looking happy at all about the situation called off Leduc and they immediately left the cage while Brad and Scott stuck around to see about Fuller and Stomper.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tournament was so well done.  So many little details that made it so exciting.  The attacks by Ustinov on Brickhouse, Brickhouse coming back out to save Ranger Ross, the  horseshoe (my favorite), the powder by Bruno, where is Cooley, AWEOSME!!

I had a bad feeling that Madril was going home with the title.  I could only imagine what the Fiesta Garden would have been like!

I wonder what is being said in the locker room between the Armstrongs!!  Interesting.  

I've always been amazed at your ability to write this one night 16 man tournaments. The way you take everyone's feud into account is a real inspiration.

What the hell did the Outlaws do to Cooley?

How the hell do you miss Plowboy.... doing anything really?

Al Madril as champion would've been hilarious but Brad definitely earned it tonight.

The Army wins in the cage but is stopped from taking the Stud out for good as the General's sons finally get involved & seem to say they don't agree with his goal.

Twin States is on fire!

Like the others have said, your tournaments are so well done. Every match had some kind of heat.

I liked how all the storylines were continued. The Russians/Brickhouse/Ross. The Nightmares/Starrs. Then we get intrigue with what happened to Cooley. A heel backfire with Bruno. All great stuff.

I really thought Olympia was going to win the tournament but Plowboy spoils it. Olympia does get payback, and, in a way, that helps Brad Armstrong take it all. Good call having a good guy Armstrong hold the title. 

After all that, we get a bloody and awesome cage fight. Leduc looked like a monster! The General wants more but his sons somehow talked him out of it. The saga continues. 

Great show! 

TwinStatesLogo1.jpg

Twin States Wrestling TV

Pre-Recorded and airing on 10/8/87

WTVY Channel 4 Studios

Dothan, Alabama

Airing on various stations across

Alabama & Mississippi

(The show opens with a montage of footage from previous Twin States shows in 1985 featuring clips of Ron Fuller, Bob Armstrong, Jos Leduc, The Mongolian Stomper, The Nightmares, Bill Dundee & George Barnes, Mr. Olympia, and others…with a voiceover saying, "Welcome to Twin States Wrestling bringing you great wrestling action from across Alabama and Mississippi, we now take you to your host….Charlie Platt!")

(The camera pans across the lively studio audience before heading over to the desk where Charlie Platt is joined by "Luscious" Johnny V!)

Screenshot_20220915-213308_Facebook.jpg

Platt: "Hello wrestling fans and welcome once again to Twin States Wrestling, I'm Charlie Platt joined as always by the one and only 'Luscious' Johnny V!"

JohnnyV2.jpeg

Valiant: "That's right Charles, I'm here as always to boost the ratings and give you the facts!"

Platt: "Well, the fact this week is we have a short show today due to the early start time of today's Alabama football game so we're going to be moving quickly to make sure we have plenty of time for our main event as Johnny and Davey Rich will face Billy Travis and whomever this partner is he has and if they win they will get a shot at the Rich cousins this Monday night for the Twin States tag team titles."

Valiant: "Two things Charles. Number one, Mr. Travis would like for everyone to go back to referring to him as Billy JOE Travis. Number two, I know who his partner is….and let me tell you that you are going to be blown away…but more importantly…..The Rich Cousins are going to be blown away!"

Platt: "Can you tell us who the partner is?"

Valiant: "Can I? Of course! Will I? Absolutely not!"

Platt: "Well thanks for nothing as usual Johnny V. What a night last Monday night was, it was a crazy night that saw a new Twin States Champion crowned in Brad Armstrong. Wendell Cooley is missing, we have reason to believe that Ron Bass and Dirty Rhodes are involved in that so Les Thatcher has suspended Bass and Rhodes until we find out where Cooley is and what took place in Birmingham. We saw Plowboy Frazier cost Mr. Olympia his match with Al Madril in the tournament."

Valiant: "Plowboy Frazier? You mean Plowboy Martinez?"

Platt: (rolls eyes) "Sure….Plowboy Martinez. We later saw Mr. Olympia get revenge with a steel chair on Plowboy before the finals of the tournament."

Valiant: "Yes we did, and tell me something Charles. How can Ron Bass and Dirty Rhodes get suspended for something that nobody can even prove they did? For all we know that coward Wendell Cooley just got scared and fled the arena to keep from facing Ron Bass again. Meanwhile, there's footage of Mr. Olympia beating poor Plowboy Martinez, a poor immigrant to our great country half to death with a steel chair and he's not suspended? That's a travesty!"

Platt: "Be that as it may, Johnny V…..right now we want to welcome out the new Twin States Champion, Brad Armstrong."

(Brad Armstrong comes out to the desk wearing the championship belt where Charlie Platt comes around to meet him)

Platt: "Congratulations Brad on a great win. I know you'll make a great and honorable champion."

BradArmstrong.jpg

Brad: "Thank you Mr. Platt, I'm honored to be the champion and I'm looking forward to defending this title against all the great competition here in the Twin States."

Platt: "I also want to ask you about later that night when you stepped into the cage and stopped your father and Jos Leduc from perhaps injuring and ending the career of Ron Fuller, the way they seemingly have the Mongolian Stomper."

Brad: "Well Charlie, it's one thing for injuries to happen in the course of a match and while what happened to the Stomper was unfortunate it did happen during the actual match itself.  You called me honorable, and I'd like to think that's true but everything I know and have learned about being honorable I learned from my father Bob Armstrong and I just didn't want his personal issues with Ron Fuller to blind him from his honor and let him do something in that ring in front of that audience that he might later regret."

(Ron Fuller comes out)

RonFuller.jpg

Fuller: "Brad Armstrong, you listen to me and listen good! First and foremost I didn't need you or your goofy brother coming out there to help me, you understand? Never in history, has a Fuller EVER needed the help of an Armstrong! Secondly, if you have an ounce of honor in you it certainly didn't come from that no good daddy of yours…" (Brad cuts him off)

Brad: "You hold up a minute Mr. Fuller….you can say you didn't need our help and that's fine….the people who were there know the truth, but what you aren't going to do is come out here and run down my father and you sure as hell aren't going to question his honor!"

Fuller: "Look here boy, the only reason and I do mean the ONLY reason you have that belt around your waist right now is because I was busy dealing with your daddy and wasn't allowed to enter that tournament or else I would be standing here the champion right now!"

Brad: "Is that what you think?"

Fuller: "No kid, that is what I KNOW!"

Brad: "Ok then, I said I was excited to defend this title against all the top contenders….then how about you first. This Monday I'll put this belt on the line against you in Birmingham in my first defense of the title."

Fuller: "Perfect…that's just perfect but one more thing. I don't see your Daddy out here with you, I guess he's off smoking cigarettes or off in the woods playing G.I. Joe in his camouflage army clothes but I have a guy that has a bone to pick with him and wants a match with him Monday night if he's willing to accept the challenge."

Brad: "I'm sure he's more than happy to oblige, Mr. Fuller."

Fuller: "You know, I do appreciate you being respectful kid and calling me Mr. Fuller, but after Monday night you can drop all the formalities and just call me champ."

(Fuller leaves to a mixed crowd reaction)

=======================

MATCH #1:

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry w/Downtown Bruno pinned Parker Williams following a piledriver

=======================

(Charlie Platt runs down the card for Monday night in Birmingham)

Twin States Wrestling

Monday Oct 10, 1987

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

Bell Time: 7:30pm

MAIN EVENT
Twin States Heavyweight Championship

Brad Armstrong

vs.

"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong

vs.

Ron Fuller's Mystery Opponent

TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH
Ranger Ross/Brickhouse Brown

vs.

Boris Zhukov/Soldat Ustinov w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

Alabama Jr Heavyweight Championship

"Uptown" Dennis Brown w/Downtown Bruno

vs.

Scott Armstrong

TAG TEAM CHALLENGE MATCH
Mr. Olympia/"Nightmare" Danny Davis

vs.

Los Mega Starrs (Chicky/Ron)

"White Lightning" Tim Horner

vs.

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry w/Downtown Bruno

Vic Steamboat

vs.

"Gentleman" Jack Hart w/Downtown Bruno

============================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

EKyanrZ.jpg

The camera pans over to the Fiesta Garden stage decorated with four large, fake cacti in each corner, each of which is wearing a different colored sombrero. On the wall behind the stage is a Fiesta Garden banner that is done up in the colors of the Mexican flag and also has streamers and balloons attached to it.

At the front of the stage sits two directors chairs, done in green fabric. One of them has the name Alberto Madril stenciled on the back of it, and the other says "Special Guest." 

Standing in between those two chairs wearing a pair of blue jeans, a black shirt with a gold chain, and a pair of cowboy boots is NOT the host of the Fiesta Garden Al Madril, instead it is some random Mexican guy holding a microphone.

"Hola Amigos. My name is Hector. I am here tonight in..."

Hector looks down at his hand.

"...Dothan, Alabama to read the following prepared statement from "The Great" Al Madril."

Hector removes a piece of paper from the pocket of his jeans, unfolds it, and begins to read.

"Dear Miscreants, Derelicts, and White Trash of Alabama, and also Johnny V who may be the only person in the building today who doesn't fit into any of those categories.

Due to the unprovoked attack on Plowboy Martinez this past Monday night by Mr. Special Olympia, and the resulting loss by myself to Brad Armstrong due to being in complete and utter shock at the heinous assault perpetrated on my compadre and personal bodyguard, I am hereby cancelling this weeks edition of The Fiesta Garden.

I understand that this will likely cause a massive drop in the ratings for Twin States Wrestling on television and a huge dip in attendance at the building, but you must understand that when a masked maniac is allowed to run wild and commit assaults because he has been defeated by a superior athlete, I can not in good faith come to the arena without my bodyguard.

As I write this statement, we don't yet know if Plowboy is going to recover. This man has been a lifelong friend of mine since last month, and I am just overcome with emotion when I think of all the good times we had together, and what Olympia did to him. Like the time when he got out of jail, and we had to put our band back together to raise money to save the orphanage we grew up in.....or the time those two guys dared us to drive from Georgia to Texas and back hauling illegal beer in the back of an eighteen wheeler while this crazy cop and his son chased us across the country. Anyway, I am getting overcome with emotion and off subject.

As I was saying, The Fiesta Garden is cancelled for this week. I am also calling for the immediate termination of Mr. Olympia from Twin States Wrestling, and for myself, "The Great" Al Madril to be granted an immediate rematch with Brad Armstrong for the Twin States Championship at a time of my choosing when I am not under extreme mental distress and feeling the threat of bodily harm by a crazed maniac in a mask.

Thank You,

Al Madril"

With all of that said and the boo's coming heavy, Hector folds up the paper, places it back in his pocket, nods his head, and walks off the stage toward the back.

---------------------------------------------

Valiant: "Can you believe this Charles? Not only did Special Olympia ruin the Twin States title tournament by costing Al Madril the victory due to his violent, unprovoked assault on Al's oldest friend and compadre that poor innocent immigrant Plowboy Martinez, he's now also ruined today's television by causing the Fiesta Garden to get cancelled. This is truly the darkest day in Twin States Wrestling history. I hope something gets done about this by Les Thatcher, don't you agree."

Platt: (stares blankly) "It's tragic, now let's go to the ring and see 'Nightmare' Danny Davis and Mr. Olympia in action."

Valiant: "What? Mr. Olympia? Suspend him!"

MATCH #2:

Mr. Olympia/"Nightmare" Danny Davis defeated Randy Watson/Jackie Daytona when Olympia pinned Daytona after a DDT

=============================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=============================

MATCH #3:

MAIN EVENT

NON-TITLE MATCH

Johnny/Davey Rich

vs.

Billy Joe Travis/Partner

Travis comes out to the desk and insists that the champions come out before his partner is introduced because he "wants to see their faces when he comes through the curtain".  Travis is decked out in his sequined western attire he wore in his previous run in Alabama, and also carrying a guitar. Johnny and Davey Rich come out to the ring completely unamused by all this. Travis says he has a special song to "welcome back" his partner to Alabama. He starts strumming his guitar and poorly singing the lyrics to the TV show 'Welcome Back Kotter' as his partner busts through the curtain and it's………..

80s-PRO-WRESTLING-PHOTOS-TOMMY-WILDFIRE-

TOMMY "WILDFIRE" RICH!! 

Rich comes out wearing a t-shirt that says "The ONLY REAL RICH in Wrestling" on the front and on the back it says "Luck Fawler" which tickles Johnny V to the point of not being to comment for several moments due to laughing. Platt says he doesn't get it, Johnny says he'll explain it "off the air".  Johnny and Davey don't seemed thrilled to see their "cousin" back but don't seem to rattled by it. Travis' knee that has kept him out for weeks due to injury has a large brace on it.  The match starts and to everyone's surprise both Travis and Tommy Rich walk to the middle of the ring and offer a handshake to Johnny and Davey who refuse at first but finally shake their hands without incident….much to their surprise.  Platt can't believe that Tommy and Billy Joe are actually wrestling a completely clean match, no rules are being broken, clean breaks, the whole nine yards.  After a few minutes the pace picks up and the action starts to get a bit more intense when Travis leap frogs over Davey but when he comes down his knee buckles and he falls to the mat clutching his knee.  Tommy looks very concerned and says "easy Davey, his knee went out again" which the mics pick up.  Davey leans down to check on Travis who is screaming in pain but suddenly pulls Davey into an inside cradle while grabbing a handful of tights….1-2-3!!    Billy Joe Travis and Tommy Rich have gotten the win and will now get a Twin States Tag Team Title shot this Monday night in Birmingham!

Valiant: "Great victory for Billy Joe Travis and 'Wildfire' Tommy Rich!"

Platt: "Fans, I'm honestly still in shock that Tommy Rich is back here in Twin States and now at the fact that he could be wearing tag team gold after this Monday night….make your plans to be there and make sure you join us right back here next week for more Twin States Wrestling!"

(credits roll)

Executive Producer

Ronald Welch

Producer

Gene Jackson

Floor Director

Boni Blackstone

Producer of the Fiesta Garden/Assistant to Mr. Madril

Bob Blehschmidt

Match Maker

Les Thatcher

Audio

Howard Moon

Camera

Colin Robinson

Steven Toast

Dennis Reynolds

Bill Gillespie

Charlie Platt's suit provided by 'Suitable Suits' of Dothan

Tommy Rich's t-shirt provided by 'Terry's Tees and Things' at the Northside Mall in Dothan

Catering provided by 'SOUPerb Soups and Sandwiches' of Dothan

© 1987 Twin States Wrestling

WTVYLogo.jpg

Platt & Valiant's bickering is golden every week. I love how passive aggressive Platt is.

Fuller is decidedly NOT grateful for Brad & Scott's assist & his firey insults get him a title shot.

Embry with a win for the Downtown Connection.

Stacked card for Birmingham. Can the Stud end Brad's reign before it really gets going? Who is he sending after the General? Will Scott prove that he is in fact the king of the junior heavyweights in this region?

No Fiesta Garden? NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Goddamn you Special Olympia!

Tommy Rich-The Only Real Rich in Wrestling- is back in the territory that made him a star! Luck Fawler LMFAO! Billy Joe fakes a relapse and now he & Wildfire could be tag team champions this Monday!

Nice to finally know where Tommy gets those shirts.

More intrigue added to the Fuller/Armstrong's saga. Bob's a heel, Brad's a babyface. Fuller's a babyface against Bob but plays heel against Brad. This is great stuff! 

Embry gets in a quick showcase. 

Another stacked card coming. I can only imagine who Fuller is bringing in as Bob's mystery opponent. 

BOOOOO! No Fiesta Garden! However, Madril's letter was hilarious! "My lifelong friend since last month" LOL! Then he uses classic movies as his own stories. This was comedy at its best. 

The laughs continue as Platt announces Olympia in the next match, with Johnny yelling "Fire him!" 

The biggest moment of the night goes to the return of TOMMY RICH! I popped big time. This is where Tommy became a legend in our game. Billy Joe pulls one over on Davey and has earned him and Tommy a title shot. Oh man I really really really want to see them with a title run. 

After all this time, we finally found out where Tommy gets all his shirts. Luck Fawler might be the best one yet HAHAHA! 

Twin States Wrestling

Monday Oct 10, 1987

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

Vic Steamboat wrestled "Gentleman" Jack Hart w/Downtown Bruno to a 10 minute time limit draw

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry w/Downtown Bruno pinned "White Lightning" Tim Horner with his feet on the ropes

TAG TEAM CHALLENGE MATCH
Mr. Olympia/"Nightmare" Danny Davis defeated Los Mega Starrs (Chicky/Ron) when Ken Wayne came to ringside which distracted Ron allowing Davis to roll him up with a school boy roll up for the pin

Alabama Jr Heavyweight Championship

Scott Armstrong pinned "Uptown" Dennis Brown w/Downtown Bruno when Bruno's interference backfired, Bruno tried to throw powder in Armstrong's eyes but he ducked and it went in Brown's instead…..Armstrong then hit the blinded Brown with a superkick then covered him for the win and the Alabama Jr Heavyweight Championship.  Afterwards, Bruno berated Brown for being "too weak to do his job and hold Armstrong". Brown was too worried with trying to see to argue with Bruno and was eventually helped to the back by the referee as Bruno continued yelling at him as they went down the aisle

TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH
Ranger Ross/Brickhouse Brown defeated Boris Zhukov/Soldat Ustinov w/Sir Oliver Humperdink when The Movement (Shaska Whatley/Tiger Conway Jr) came out and interfered unbeknownst to Ross and Brown at first.  After the match, Shaska got on the mic and told Brown and Ross that since they "owe them one now", he expects they now understand that "the bruthas gotta stick together in this business" and that they are now ready to join the Movement.  Brown and Ross are shaking their heads "no" but before they can respond, Zhukov and Ustinov attack Whatley and Conway from behind with their chains……Brown and Ross then attack the Russians…..and it's a wild melee until security and other wrestlers run down to break it up.

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong

vs.

Ron Fuller's Mystery Man

Ron Fuller comes down to the ring first, alone and calls for Bob Armstrong to "bring your cowardly butt on out here so you can see who I bring down here to take you out of Twin States Wrestling."

With that "Bullet" Bob Armstrong comes down without the camo and to his old George Thorogood 'Bad to the Bone' theme song but he does still have Jos Leduc with him who is no longer in the camo garb either.

Fuller: "Well 'General' I see you are still hiding behind your so called 'Army' there."

Armstrong climbs in the ring followed by Leduc….he takes a 2nd microphone: "Ron Fuller, nope I'm done with all that Army business but Leduc called me and told me he wanted to be here to have my back."

Fuller: "That's funny….he called me and told me he wanted to BREAK your back!"

WHAM!! Leduc blasts Armstrong from behind. The bell rings and the match starts. Leduc works over Armstrong for several minutes while Fuller watches on from ringside. Finally, Bob started mounting a comeback and just when he had things going his way, Fuller hit the ring and jumped him from behind prompting the referee to call for the DQ on Leduc.  Brad Armstrong quickly ran in and evened the odds……causing Fuller and Leduc to powder out of the ring and leave.

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
Twin States Tag Team Championship

Billy Joe Travis/Tommy "Wildfire" Rich defeated Johnny/Davey Rich to win the Twin States tag team titles when Tommy pinned Johnny after Billy Joe broke his guitar over his head while the referee was distracted putting Davey out of the ring after a missed hot tag.  (side note: Tommy Rich came to the ring wearing a t-shirt that read- MY "COUSINS" SUCK!!)

MAIN EVENT
Twin States Heavyweight Championship

Brad Armstrong defeated "Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller by DQ when at one point Fuller pulled his boot off and hit Armstrong in the head with it…..moments later Jos Leduc hit the ring and joined in with Fuller for a beat down on Brad, but Bob quickly made his way down and made the save! By the end of all this the crowd was firmly against Ron Fuller and back behind Bob Armstrong again it seemed.

Vic & the Gentleman go to a draw.

Embry gets sneaky to beat Horner.

Wayne shows up for his friend & costs Los Mega Stars the match.

Bruno costs Brown his title then throws a bitch-fit blaming him for it.

Ross & Brickhouse don't seem to thrilled to join The Movement but are still willing to take it to the Russians.

Leduc defects to Fuller & together they leave the now former General laying.

Wildfire gets some laughs with his shirt & some gold with his partner.

A beatdown on Brad cements Fuller's return to the dark side while coming to his son's rescue puts Bullet back in the fans graces. All is as it should be in Alabama.

While the Alabama football game kept the TV show short, it was an awesome week for Twin States.  The back and forth between Platt and Johnny V was really well done as was the debate between Brad Armstrong and Mr. Fuller.  

The Fiesta Garden was a fun read.  I wonder if and when Madril will be able to feel safe again and return with his lifelong friend!

Wildfire is back again!!!  No matter where he goes, Wildfire has brought big heat to Dawn of War.  Looking forward to his war with his cousins.  Love the T-shirt selections this week.

As for the Boutwell, -I would have loved this show...  Fuller vs Armstrong is back in full effect!  I admit I was surprised at the Leduc turn but I should know never to be surprised with you any more.  

Twin States Wrestling Spot Show Loop- 10/11-10/14/87

10/11- Corinth, MS.

10/12- Ripley, MS.

10/13- Oxford, MS.

10/14- Columbus, MS.

"Action" Mike Jackson pinned Thunderfoot #2 with a flying crossbody from the top rope

SIX MAN TAG MATCH

Scott Armstrong/"White Lightning" Tim Horner/Vic Steamboat defeated "Uptown" Dennis Brown/"Gentleman" Jack Hart/Thunderfoot #1 w/Downtown Bruno when Steamboat pinned Brown with a small package.  Bruno once again berated Brown all the way back to the dressing room

FOUR CORNERS TAG TEAM MATCH

Los Mega Starrs (Chicky/Ron) defeated Ranger Ross & Brickhouse Brown/The Movement (Shaska Whatley/Tiger Conway Jr.)/Boris Zhukov & Soldat Ustinov w/Sir Oliver Humperdink when Chicky pinned Brown with a handful of trunks while he was arguing with Whatley about whether they were allies or not.

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

TWIN STATES TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Johnny/Davey Rich defeated Billy Joe Travis/Tommy "Wildfire" Rich by count out when Travis & Rich grabbed their title belts and simply walked out when Johnny & Davey had them in trouble. The crowd was booing loudly at the finish, Tommy Rich came back out to ringside briefly wearing a t-shirt that read "THIS TOWN SUCKS!" before laughing and strolling back up the aisle. 

MAIN EVENT

TWIN STATES HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Brad Armstrong pinned "Flamboyant" Eric Embry w/Downtown Bruno with a backslide in 1:21. The crowd went wild, as Embry threw a hissy fit in the ring!.  As Armstrong was celebrating with the fans. Embry grabbed the mic and said, "Armstrong that was complete bullcrap! I wasn't ready! You got lucky, punk! You know good and well you couldn't beat me again if your life depended on it!"  

Brad: "I'll tell you what Eric.....maybe you weren't ready....and I really hope my life doesn't depend on it but I'm feeling lucky tonight....let's give you a rematch."

Ref calls for the bell.....as Brad comes back into the ring, Embry charges him, Brad ducks under and evades him...then hooks him from behind with a 'Russian Legsweep' for the 1-2-3!! in 19 seconds!  

Before Brad can celebrate.....Jack Hart hits the ring and attacks him from behind! Embry recovers from the shock of losing again and they start putting the boots to Brad until........

The opening chords of George Thorogood's 'Bad to the Bone' hits over the P.A. and "Bullet" Bob Armstrong comes running down the aisle in street clothes and starts to clean house causing Embry and Hart to powder out of the ring!  Downtown Bruno gets on the mic and calls for "Uptown" Dennis Brown to come out and join them. Brown comes down though clearly not excited about it.  Bruno challenges the Armstrongs to a three on two handicap match when Scott Armstrong comes running down also in street clothes and slides into the ring signaling a three on three tag team match.  Embry grabs the mic and says "We'll do it! Get in there and start the match Dennis!"

MAIN EVENT
SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

The Armstrongs (Bob/Brad/Scott) defeated The Downtown Connection (Eric Embry/Dennis Brown/Jack Hart) w/Downtown Bruno when Bob put Dennis Brown out with a sleeper hold in 14:32. Embry, Bruno, and Jack Hart just left Brown in the ring with the Armstrongs after the match

So happy to see Twin States on the road again.

Horrible loop for "Uptown" Brown. He's got to be fed up with Bruno by now.

Los Mega Stars making a solid case for a rematch while The Movement continues to try -and fail- to recruit Brickhouse.

I see Embry is still a crybaby. On the bright side I'm sure the crowd loved seeing Bob with his sons again.

Vic and the Gentleman battle to a draw. Good match up.

Embry with another tainted win.

I'm really looking forward to the Nightmares/Starrs feud. I see some good gimmick matches coming.

Typical Bruno. Costs Uptown the match and his title, then berates him. 

Great storytelling with the Movement. Will Ross and Brown join? The Russians are a fun sub plot. 

Things are getting back to normal as Bob comes out to Bad to the Bone and Leduc sides with Fuller.

YES!!!!! I got my wish! Tommy's holding gold again! Not only that but his T-Shirt was hilarious. I will never get tired of Tommy Rich in our world. Billy Joe will go far after hang'n with Tommy. 

It's cemented. Bob is back as a good guy and Fuller's getting booed. All's right in Twin States. 

Great to see the loop run again.

I don't know how much longer Uptown is going to take Bruno's abuse. 

LOL, the argument between Whatley and Brown enables the Starrs to walk away with the win. 

Tommy and Billy Joe lose by c.o. but the T-Shirt scene was worth it. 

Brad outwrestles Embry twice which leads to a 6 man tag and another Uptown berating by Bruno. 

Great week! 

TwinStatesLogo1.jpg

Twin States Wrestling TV

Pre-Recorded and airing on 10/15/87

WTVY Channel 4 Studios

Dothan, Alabama

Airing on various stations across

Alabama & Mississippi

(The show opens with a shot of the parking lot as Ron Bass, Dirty Rhodes, and Joel Deaton attempt to enter the studio.  Les Thatcher meets them at the door and tells them that Wendell Cooley is still missing and until he shows back up they are suspended from Twin States. Deaton speaks up and says "Look, we jumped him and took him out of the building long enough for him to miss his match with Ronnie….but we left him right down the road in the parking lot of a truck stop." Bass and Rhodes smack him across the back of the head. Deaton says, "I'm just kidding we ain't seen him and didn't have nothing to do with it."  Thatcher tells them that they better find out where Cooley is at, because until Cooley returns they are suspended from Twin States Wrestling!)

(We then go to a montage of footage from previous Twin States shows in 1985 featuring clips of Ron Fuller, Bob Armstrong, Jos Leduc, The Mongolian Stomper, The Nightmares, Bill Dundee & George Barnes, Mr. Olympia, and others…set to the instrumental of 'White Wedding by Billy Idol with a voiceover saying, "Welcome to Twin States Wrestling bringing you great wrestling action from across Alabama and Mississippi, we now take you to your host….Charlie Platt!")

(The camera pans across the lively studio audience before heading over to the desk where Charlie Platt is joined by "Luscious" Johnny V!)

Platt: "Hello everyone and welcome once again to Twin States Wrestling, I'm Charlie Platt and I'm joined as always by the one and only 'Luscious' Johnny V."

Valiant: (dressed in all black with dark sunglasses) "Charles, it's a very somber and sad day today. The Fiesta Garden will be a memorial for the big man who is no longer with us, thanks to that psychopath Mr. Olympia."

Platt: "Wait, are you trying to imply that Plowboy died…because I heard…"

Valiant: "Shut up Charles! Did I say he DIED? I said he's NO LONGER WITH US! Show some respect, I can't talk about it anymore…change the subject, please."

Platt: (looking bewildered) "So, anyway….a lot happened last Monday night and one of the more interesting turn of events involved Jos Leduc turning out to be Ron Fuller's mystery opponent for Bob Armstrong."

Valiant: "Yeah, the fans who weren't there missed out because a lot went down and I understand we're going to have a tag match this Monday night with Bob and Brad Armstrong facing the "Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller and 'Lumberjack' Jos Leduc and this whole 'Armstrong's Army' nonsense is officially over and done with."

Platt: "That is true, that tag team match will happen this Monday night along with a rematch as the new Twin States tag team champions Billy Joe Travis and Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich will defend those belts against the former champions Johnny and Davey Rich."

Valiant: "I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am for Billy Joe and Tommy Rich to win those tag team titles, what a great team they make!"

Platt: "Well, we'll hear from them a little later on….but right now speaking of teams…we have a brand new tag team to Twin States about to make their debut, the masked duo of the Lone Desperados!"

=======================

MATCH #1:

The Lone Desperados (#1/#2) defeated Randy Watson/Ray Purchase when L.D. #1 pinned Watson following a running bulldog! 

During the match, Johnny V commented on the fact that he's absolutely certain the 'Lone Desperados' are Wendell Cooley and Johnny Mantell.  Platt asked, "What makes you say that?"  Valiant replied: "Because they are wearing the EXACT SAME gear as Cooley and Mantell just with masks on….in fact Desperado # 2 has tights that say "Mantell" on them!!"  Platt seemed to get a chuckle out of this. After the match, Johnny V got up from the desk and tried to talk to the Lone Desperados as they were leaving the ring.

Valiant: "Hold up just a moment! I have two issues with you guys! Number one, you can't be LONE Desperados because there's TWO of you! More importantly, clearly you two are Wendell Cooley and Johnny Mantell! You're just pulling this crap so Ron Bass, Dirty Rhodes, and Joel Deaton stay suspended."

LD #1: "No speaka any english."

LD #2: "No habla, poor favor."

(The Lone Desperados immediately leave to cheers from the studio audience)

(Valiant returns to the desk livid)

Valiant: "Platt, this is a travesty! It's absurd that Lester Thatcher allows guys to parade around here with socks on their head and pull this kinda stuff! First you have Jerry Stubbs in his stupid looking mask attacking poor, helpless Plowboy Martinez with a chair and ending him."

Platt: "Poor and helpless, the guy was six foot six and eight hundred pounds."

Valiant: "How dare you? You better hope poor Alberto didn't hear you say that. Anyway, you had that tragedy and now you got these two goofy cowboys parading around in masks like it's halloween and it's these poor fans who are getting ripped off. You know they all came here to see 'Outlaw' Ron Bass, Dirty Rhodes, and Dead Eye Deaton!" (the fans boo mercilessly)

Platt: "I think they'll be ok, Johnny. We'll be right back after these words."

=========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=========================

(Upon returning from break, Boni Blackstone welcomes out the 'Downtown Connection' of Eric Embry, Dennis Brown, and Jack Hart along with Downtown Bruno)

BB: "Downtown Bruno, not a stellar night for the Downtown Connection last Monday night in Birmingham as 'Uptown' Dennis Brown lost the Alabama Jr Heavyweight Championship to Scott Armstrong."

Bruno: "Let me correct you, Miss Blackstone. It was not a stellar night for Denny Brown because Jack Hart didn't lose to Vic Steamboat. Eric Embry BEAT little Timmy Horner, and all that would have had to happen for it to be a PERFECT night for the 'Downtown Connection' was for Denny Brown to beat the littlest Armstrong….wee little Scotty, hell as little as I am, even I could beat Scott Armstrong but NOOOOO….that was too much to ask for ol' 'Lay Down' Denny Brown. He couldn't get the job done and it was embarrassing!"

(Brown angrily cuts in)

Brown: "First of all…it's DENNIS Brown, not Denny Brown. But more importantly….you failed to mention the reason I lost and they didn't…was because YOU screwed up and threw powder in my eyes….I'm sure if you would have thrown powder in their eyes then maybe they would've lost as well."

(Embry snatches the mic away)

Embry: "Bruno, I'll handle this….first of all….if Downtown Bruno says your name is Doo Doo Brown that's what you'll answer to.  Second of all, it's not Downtown Bruno's fault that you couldn't beat Scott Armstrong on your own so you needed him to throw powder in his eyes and then you were too damn weak to even hold little Scotty Armstrong in place like you were supposed to! If I needed to hold Tim Horner in place I could have done it! If Jack needed to hold Vic Steamboat in place he could have done it and even if Bruno would have thrown powder in my eyes I STILL would have kicked out because I'm a real man…unlike you…BOY!"

Brown: "Is that a fact? How about we test that out? Let Bruno throw powder in your face, I'll pin you and let's see if you kick out."

Embry: "Oh, so instead of apologizing you wanna try to get cute out here? Is that's what's happening right now? Listen here…DENNY. Let's have a match…right here today….you vs. me.  You have a guaranteed rematch for the Jr title due to being the former champion, and we all know you would lose anyway. So, how about you vs. me and if I win I get you're title match this Monday night against Scott Armstrong."

Brown: "and if I win?"

(Bruno/Embry/Hart all bust out laughing)

Embry: "If by some miracle, God strikes me down and you somehow win this match….I'll retire from professional wrestling today. I will quit wrestling and go drive a truck for a living or work at the mall."

Brown: "Fine, you're on."

Bruno: "Let me go talk to Thatcher and we'll make this happen on this show today.  Eric, will you take my spot in Jack's corner while I go handle this?"

Embry: "Of course I will, boss!"

======================

MATCH #2:

"Gentleman" Jack Hart w/Eric Embry pinned Parker Williams after a swinging neckbreaker

======================

EKyanrZ.jpg

The camera pans over to the Fiesta Garden stage decorated with four large, fake cacti in each corner, each of which is wearing a black veil. On the wall behind the stage is a Fiesta Garden banner that is done up in the colors of the Mexican flag and also has black streamers and black balloons attached to it.

At the front of the stage sits a large black wreath and just over from it is an easel with a large picture of Plowboy Martinez on it.

Standing in between those two items wearing a black suit, dress shoes, and dark sunglasses with his hair in a ponytail is Al Madril. He has a frown on his face as he raises the microphone to his mouth.

Al Madril: "Ladies and Gentleman, we are here tonight to celebrate the memory of Plowboy Martinez. A giant of a man, who had just learned how to properly say 'Hello Plowboy', when he was taken from us far too soon at the hands of that no good Mr. Olympia!"

Al places the hand not holding the microphone over his eyes and is obviously faking crying, and continues doing so long enough that the crowd begins to boo.

Johnny V gets up from the announce position and heads over to the Fiesta Garden set, all the while yelling at the crowd to stop boo'ing. When he arrives at the set he puts his arm around Al and the fake crying increases. After several moments of this, Johnny says "Let me do this, buddy" and takes the microphone.

Johnny V: "We thank you all for being here to help pay our last respects to Plowboy Reyes."

Madril stops crying for a moment and whispers something into the ear of Johnny V. Valiant nods and resumes speaking, as Madril goes back to "crying."

Johnny V: "I meant Martinez, Plowboy Martinez..... I'm just so upset by this tragic unnecessary loss. You see, Plowboy had such a big heart."

Again Madril stops his fake crying and whispers something to Valiant.

Johnny V: "I'm sorry....enlarged heart is the actual medical term. He had an enlarged heart. None the less, we'll always remember Plowboy and his thirst for life....and moonshine...umm, I mean tequila. Along with his huge appetite for knowledge...and tacos...mostly tacos. So many tacos. He was a good man, and while I didn't like for him to ride with me because of the wear and tear he put on the shocks of my car, not to mention those taco farts that would bring a tear to a glass eye...."

Madril falls to the ground and pounds his fist on the floor of the Fiesta Garden stage while yelling "It's Not Fair!!" Johnny V kneels down and pats Madril on the back, before helping him to his feet and continuing.

Johnny V: "I could go on all day about what a great loss it is for all of us to lose Plowboy Guerrero.

Madril stops sobbing and looks like he is about to correct Johnny, but instead shrugs his shoulders and goes back to sobbing.

Johnny V: "I could go on and on about all the good times me and Al Madril had traveling with Plowboy Sanchez all these many, many couple of weeks we've known him but let's not dwell on the past. The sad fact is this lunatic Mr. Olympia was allowed to assault Plowboy Lopez in the aisle from behind with a deadly weapon and as of yet has not been reprimanded or punished for his crime. Today as you reflect on the fond memories of Plowboy Menendez, remember that there's a masked menace parading around Twin States that deserves to be fined, suspended, fired, or just plain locked up. Be careful as you exit the building today and go to your cars as we have no clue when and where he may strike again."

Al Madril: "Amen"

Madril wipes his fake tears away and gives Valiant a hearty handshake, followed by a hug. Johnny gives Madril another pat on the back and heads back toward the announce position. Madril continues...

Al Madril: "First, I would like to thank Johnny V for that beautiful, heartfelt eulogy. I know if Plowboy were here, he would have appreciated it, even though he can't spell beautiful or heartfelt or eulogy!

Secondly, I would like to take this time to publicly ask Les Thatcher why nothing has been done about this vicious assault and why I have not been granted my rematch with Brad Armstrong for the Twin States Championship under less mentally stressful conditions! I mean seriously, can Thatcher do any Less?"

Madril gives his trademark grin to the camera on that one, but then his face twists into a look of anger.

Al Madril: "Lastly, I would like to take this time to challenge that no good, masked piece of crap Mr. Olympia to fight me one on one this Monday night in Birmingham so I can take revenge for what he did to my compadre Plowboy Martinez!

and Olympia, you go ahead and bring your steel chair tough guy! Because "The Great" Al Madril won't be coming alone, OH NO! You may have taken out Plowboy Martinez, but Al Madril has a lot of friends, and this Monday I will be bringing my new bodyguard to Birmingham! Ladies and Gentleman.....

aO2mkpD.jpg

TUGBOAT RAMIREZ!!!"

Madril cackles with glee as he slaps his nearly three hundred and fifty pound plus new bodyguard on the shoulder as The Fiesta Garden fades to commercial.

=====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=====================

(We return from the break to Platt and Johnny V at the desk)

Platt: "So just like that we've now got Tugboat Ramirez?"

Valiant: "Well yeah, Charles….one can't grieve forever. It's what Plowboy Bellomo would have wanted."

Platt: "That name is not even hispanic."

Valiant: "Wow, Charles…let's not bring race into this."

Platt: (hangs his head) "Let's go to the ring, please."

====================

MATCH #3:

Johnny/Davey Rich defeated Johnny Hogg/Luke Wilcox when Johnny pinned Wilcox after a double dropkick

(After the match- Boni Blackstone approached Johnny and Davey Rich at ringside)

BB: "Guys, I know you have to be taken aback by the fact that Billy Joe Travis has brought Tommy Rich back to Twin States and the fact they took the Twin States tag team titles from you in Birmingham."

JR: "I'm glad you said 'took' Boni, because they certainly didn't WIN them, that low life Billy Travis broke that stupid guitar over my head to STEAL those belts from us."

DR: "Boni, it absolutely makes me sick to see just how much of a low life human being Billy Joe Travis has turned out to be."

(Meanwhile over at the interview area, Billy Joe Travis and Tommy Rich have come out, Tommy's t-shirt reads 'R.I.P. Plowboy Fernandez')

TR: "First off, I just wanna say what a tragedy it is that we lost Plowboy Fernandez, but Billy when I came here and saw how much weight Manny had gained, I knew it wasn't good."

Travis: "Tommy, I believe you're thinking of…..you know what, it's not important. What's important is these belts around our waist! Look at that, boys!  We beat you two matches in a row and took your titles and now you're dumb enough to beg Les Thatcher to get your rematch this Monday?  That's a big mistake, you should probably take a couple of months to study tapes, train, learn to wrestle, and pray about it before you get back in the ring and get embarrassed by us, right Tommy?"

TR: "That's exactly right, Billy Joe.  Do you two know how damn embarrassing it is for me that yall are running around rasslin using my last name and yall ain't any better at rasslin than what you are? If yall ain't gonna get no better than that, why don't you change your name to Johnny and Davey Armstrong? Or Johnny and Davey Cooley? Better yet, go with Johnny and Davey Lawler like a real loser!"

JR: "ha ha ha Tommy, if wrestling titles could be won in a comedy competition you would be the World champion, but unfortunately for you and that goofy partner of yours…they're not and that's why you have to have your buddy Billy Joe use a guitar to beat us."

TR: "That's where you're wrong because last week on this very TV show, Billy Joe used David Haskins' own stupidity to beat yall."

JR: "No, he used his good nature against him but don't worry that won't happen again, he realizes exactly what kind of scumbags we're dealing with now."

TR: "Well John Boy, that ain't no way to talk about your (does finger quotes) "family" is it?…You know what, that's just fine because when these two 'scumbags' beat you again on Monday night….we are officially done with you two for good….no more title shots, no more matches with you…..period!"  (Rich and Travis turn and leave)

DR: "That's all we need Boni, one fair shot and those titles will be ours once again!"

========================

(VTR- A highlight video is shown of The Armstrongs vs. The Fullers over the years up until now with a graphic at the end that reads, "Will it finally end this Monday?")

========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

As we return from the break, Charlie Platt runs down this Monday's card for Birmingham and promotes the week's spot shows

Twin States Wrestling

Monday Oct 17, 1987

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

MAIN EVENT

GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH

"Bullet" Bob/Brad Armstrong

vs.

"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller/"Lumberjack" Jos Leduc

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

TWIN STATES TAG TEAM TITLES-REMATCH

Billy Joe Travis/Tommy "Wildfire" Rich

vs.

Johnny/Davey Rich

PLOWBOY MARTINEZ MEMORIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

Mr. Olympia

vs.

"The Great" Al Madril w/Tugboat Ramirez

REVENGE MATCH

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

vs.

Los Mega Starrs (Chicky/Ron)

Alabama Jr. Heavyweight Championship

Scott Armstrong

vs.

DENNIS BROWN OR ERIC EMBRY

w/Downtown Bruno

$15,000

15 MAN BATTLE ROYAL

Each wrestler puts up $1,000 to enter, WINNER TAKES ALL!!

1. Boris Zhukov
  2. Soldat Ustinov
  3. Ranger Ross
  4. Brickhouse Brown
  5. Thunderfoot #1
  6. Tiger Conway Jr.
  7. Shaska Whatley
  8. Thunderfoot #2
  9. "White Lightning" Tim Horner
  10. Vic Steamboat
  11. Mike Jackson
  12. "Gentleman" Jack Hart
  13. "Uptown" Dennis Brown or Eric Embry??
  14. Lone Desperado #1
  15. Lone Desperado #2

========================

MATCH #4:

Los Mega Starrs (Chicky/Ron Starr) defeated Buck Spivey/Roy Munson when when Ron pinned Munson after their spike piledriver known as the "Starr Crunch"

(Chicky and Ron Starr blow past the interview area where Boni Blackstone was waiting over to the desk to talk to Johnny V who comes around to meet them)

Ron: "Johnny, as far as we knew that other Nightmare was out for a year or more…..then all of a sudden he shows up Monday night and causes us to lose to the other Nightmare and that masked goof Mr. Olympia…well, I can promise you this…Ken Wayne is going to wish he stayed in whatever hospital bed he was in because I promise you come Monday night, me and Chicky are going to send him right back to it! As for Mr. Olympia, we'll let our amigo Alberto Madril deal with you!" (they storm off before JV can respond)

========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

========================

MATCH #5:

MAIN EVENT

WINNER WRESTLES SCOTT ARMSTRONG

FOR THE ALABAMA Jr HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE

"Flamboyant" Eric Embry w/Downtown Bruno pinned "Uptown" Dennis Brown when Jack Hart came out and distracted the referee allowing Bruno to jump up on the ring apron and throw powder in the eyes of Dennis Brown

Valiant: "See how well that works when the guy does his job and holds him there."

Platt: "What a disgrace that was, Brown robbed of his rematch which he certainly deserved."

Valiant: "He gambled it….he lost, boo hoo for Dennis Brown."

Platt: "That used to be your guy."

Valiant: "Key words there Charles, 'used to'….the guy is a loser now. What a joke."

Platt: "So much for loyalty, fans we'll see you here next week for another exciting episode of Twin States Wrestling!"

(Credits roll)

Executive Producer

Ronald Welch

Producer

Gene Jackson

Floor Director

Boni Blackstone

Producer of the Fiesta Garden/Assistant to Mr. Madril

Bob Blehschmidt

Match Maker

Les Thatcher

Audio

Phil Aycock

Camera

Colin Robinson

Steven Toast

Dennis Reynolds

Bill Gillespie

Security

Chuck 'the Truck' Tatum

Sammy Stevens

Charlie Platt's suit provided by 'Suitable Suits' of Dothan

Boni Blackstone's wardrobe provided by 'Fashion Bug'

© 1987 Twin States Wrestling

WTVYLogo.jpg

So the Outlaws jumped Cooley..... but didn't injure him enough to explain his absence? Thatcher decides he doesn't care if they did it or not & says they can't come back to work until they find him. This should be fun.

What a fine debut for the Lone Desperados who we've definitely never met before.

The tensions in the Downtown Connection have finally reached a breaking point.

What a touching send-off for Plowboy Reyes....I mean Guer....I mean Sanch....I mean....ah to hell with it, y'all know who I mean! But at least Alberto found a replacement bodyguard, best of luck Tugboat Ramirez.

Great segment with the Rich "Family" squabble.

Great card for tomorrow night. I like the idea of a "pay to play" battle royal.

Los Mega Stars are fired up for the Revenge match.

Well Valiant sure dropped "Uptown"Dennis Brown right & quick. Embry vs Armstrong should be a barnburner.

Very entertaining show!

So where is Cooley after he was dropped off at the bus stop?  The Lone Desparados... Awesome!  Could this be the Bullet/Midnight Rider idea-Alabama style?

Great instant angle between Embry and Brown.  I bet this won't be the last match between these factions/

Rich vs the cousins is perfect Alabama TV

Valiant and Madril in the Fiesta Garden was so well done. 

Twin States Wrestling

Monday Oct 17, 1987

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

$15,000

15 MAN BATTLE ROYAL

Each wrestler puts up $1,000 to enter,

WINNER TAKES ALL!!

1. Boris Zhukov
  2. Soldat Ustinov
  3. Ranger Ross
  4. Brickhouse Brown
  5. Thunderfoot #1
  6. Tiger Conway Jr.
  7. Shaska Whatley
  8. Thunderfoot #2
  9. "White Lightning" Tim Horner
  10. Vic Steamboat
  11. Mike Jackson
  12. "Gentleman" Jack Hart
  13. "Uptown" Dennis Brown
  14. Lone Desperado #1
  15. Lone Desperado #2

**Highlights**

• Uptown Dennis Brown eliminated Jack Hart, but was quickly tossed out by Soldat Ustinov
  • The Movement tossed Mike Jackson out together
  • Thunderfoot #2 looked a lot bigger than he has in the past, Lone Desperado #2 and Thunderfoot #1 were fighting by the ropes and both were shoved over the top rope to the floor by Boris Zhukov
  • Lone Desperado #1 dropkicked Thunderfoot #2 over the rope…..but eventually jumped over the top rope to go out and help his partner who was being double teamed by the Thunderfeet.
  • After a bunch of brawling and hoopla resulted in Ross/Brown/Whatley/Conway/Ustinov/Zhukov all eventually being eliminated….it was down to two babyfaces Tim Horner/Vic Steamboat.
  • After several minutes of scientific wrestling, Steamboat managed to use Horner's own momentum against to him to send him over the top and become the winner of the $15,000 battle royal

Alabama Jr. Heavyweight Championship

Scott Armstrong pinned "Flamboyant" Eric Embry w/Downtown Bruno when Bruno distracted the referee

for Jack Hart to help Embry, instead Dennis Brown ran out and threw powder in Embry's face allowing Armstrong to get the win! Brown left with Armstrong as the Downtown Connection were beside themselves in the ring!

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) fought Los Mega Starrs (Chicky/Ron) to a double count out

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

"The Great" Al Madril w/Tugboat Ramirez pinned Mr. Olympia after interference from Tugboat Ramirez

It should be noted that before the match, Madril came out and demanded a 60 second "moment of silence in memory of Plowboy Martinez".  Madril and Tugboat stood in the ring with their heads bowed, it would be silent for a couple of seconds and the crowd would start booing, Madril would take the mic and say he would not wrestle until "these disrespectful hayseeds from Alabama gives me 60 consecutive seconds of silence out of respect for Cowboy Martinez….I mean Plowboy Menendez you know who I’m talking about, look how upset you've made me. I can't even say the name of my best and oldest friend!"  This went on for a few minutes with Madril starting over the 60 second timer and then everyone booing until Mr. Olympia hit the ring and dropkicked Tugboat from behind sending him flying out of the ring, and then laying into Madril as the referee called to start the match

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

TWIN STATES TAG TEAM TITLES-REMATCH

Billy Joe Travis/Tommy "Wildfire" Rich defeated Johnny/Davey Rich when Downtown Bruno came to ringside and distracted the referee allowing Rich to use a chain on Davey and get the pin to retain the titles

MAIN EVENT

GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH

"Bullet" Bob/Brad Armstrong defeated "Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller/Jos Leduc when Brad pinned Fuller with a small package, as soon as the match was over Chicky/Ron Starr hit the ring and joined Fuller in Leduc in a four on two attack until the Nightmares came down to even the odds and the heels retreated

Thatcher suspends the Outlaws while Deaton's slip up doesn't help their cause.

I have no idea who these Lone Desperados are (wink wink) but they're off to a great start. 

Looks like Dennis has finally had enough and even puts his title shot on the line. 

Plowboy is given the eulogy of a lifetime. Poor Madril and Johnny V were so upset they forgot Plowboy's last name several times LOL. The Fiesta Garden was at an all time high tonight. Olympia now has Tugboat Ramirez to worry about. 

Great segment with the Rich's and Travis. Tommy pays his respects with a wonderful T- Shirt. Him mistaking Plowboy for Manny was hilarious. 

The Starrs are set to take the Nightmares out.

That no good Bruno uses powder to embarrass and cost Dennis the match and his title shot. 

Birmingham,

I'm happy Vic Steamboat won the battle royal. 

Nice! Dennis finally gets some sweet payback with the powder! 

Looks like we're going to get more Nightmares/Starrs matches. Oh yea! 

Madril wins one for his old best friend. I knew Olympia was in trouble when he interrupted the moment of silence. 

Bruno helps the champs retain. I guess no more title shots for Johnny and Davey. I can only hope we get a Tommy/Bruno promo. 

Armstrong's win the match but all hell breaks loose afterwards. Mega heat to end a great night of action. 

Steamboat is 15 grand richer.

Brown costs his former cohorts the Alabama Jr Heavyweight Title.

The Nightmares/Los Mega Stars end without any vengeance being had.

Between the moment of silence & the dirty tricks to win, Madril & Tugboat definitely turned the heat up.

As if Tommy & Travis weren't bad enough, it looks like they're the newest members of the Downtown Connection.

On the subject of factions, could we be seeing the latest version of the Stud Stable?

I enjoyed all the little details you gave that made this show even more entertaining.

Each man putting up the $1000 for the battle royal added to the importance of the match for everyone involved.

Why is Thunderfoot #2 bigger looking then usual

Lone Desparado basically throwing his entrance fee away to help his partner.... loyalty?  or was there more at stake here?

Payback by Denny Brown with the powder!  Can't wait to hear the promos on this one next week.

The idea that Madril thought he would get the moments of silence was awesome.

More treachery by Wildfire

Revenge for the Armstrongs!