Pro Wrestling Only

Twin States Wrestling

GeneJackson95

WTVYLogo.jpg

(The following interview aired on WTVY 4 in Dothan and will be shown on stations across Alabama and Mississippi where Twin States Wrestling will be airing beginning on Saturday August 27th)

TwinStatesLogo1.jpg

(Charlie Platt is seen sitting at the desk of the Twin States Wrestling set at the WTVY Channel 4 studios in Dothan, Alabama alongside the "Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller)

plattstand.jpg

Platt: "Hello ladies and gentlemen, it's my pleasure to once again join you from the WTVY Channel 4 studios here in Dothan, Alabama on a familiar set for many of you, of course I'm talking about the Twin States Wrestling set and I'm very pleased to be joined here by the man who makes it all possible, the one and only Ron Fuller. Ron, I'm excited to join you here today as you have a big announcement for everybody."

RonFuller.jpg

Fuller: "Well thank you, Charlie and I do have a big announcement to make here today.  I've been asked nearly everyday since it went away, when will wrestling return to the Twin States….the pro wrestling we remember and love. The short answer to that question is, Saturday August 27th here on this station and stations across Alabama and Mississippi, but I feel everyone deserves a little more explanation than that.  On two different occasions, I've helped launch 'Twin States Wrestling' out of this studio with the intention of bringing professional wrestling to all the great fans in Alabama and Mississippi.  Both times, we eventually as the old saying goes here in the South….'got a little too big for our britches' if you will.  We grew to the point of feeling like we needed to expand and both times, that expansion and moving away from where we started led to the downfall of the promotion. So, with that in mind…we're going back to our roots, a weekly studio wrestling show here in this studio in Dothan, Alabama and eventually we'll be running weekly shows in Birmingham and spot shows across both Alabama and Mississippi.  I promise you Charlie and the fans, that this time around we will stick to what we know and stick to what works! We're not venturing out of the Twin States and we're not venturing out of this studio."

Platt: "Ron, I can't tell you how great that is to hear. Who all can we expect to see in action here in Twin States Wrestling?"

Fuller: "Well…now let's not go letting all the cats out of the bag here today, Charlie. (laughing)  There's a lot of irons in the fire right now and there's a lot of guys finishing up in their current territories so I really can't go into a lot of specifics here today but I can promise you that you're going to see some new faces along with some of everyone's old favorites as well."

Platt: "Ok, Ron….ok. I do understand that Les Thatcher is back with us as the matchmaker and I'm sorry but I have to ask, will I be subjected to one Ronnie P. Gossett this time around?"

Fuller: "All I can say for right now is that we did reach out to Mr. Gossett but he's currently tied up out in California, and I guess he's being held hostage as he's not returning phone calls.  However, I'll tell you this Charlie. While, I'm not going to say that I'm retired from the ring…..I do think I would be happier on the sidelines, so I'm going to be joining you as the co-host of Twin States Wrestling."

Platt: "Well, that's certainly something I'm looking forward to and we also look forward to everyone joining us right here next week on August 27th for the relaunch of Twin States Wrestling!"

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TwinStatesLogo1.jpg

Twin States Wrestling TV

Pre-Recorded and airing on 8/28/87

WTVY Channel 4 Studios

Dothan, Alabama

Airing on stations across Alabama & Mississippi

(The show opens with a montage of footage from previous Twin States shows in 1985 featuring clips of Ron Fuller, Bob Armstrong, Jos Leduc, The Mongolian Stomper, The Nightmares, Bill Dundee & George Barnes, Mr. Olympia, and others…with a voiceover saying, "Welcome to Twin States Wrestling bringing you great wrestling action from across Alabama and Mississippi, we now take you to your host….Charlie Platt!")

(The camera pans the lively studio audience before heading over to the desk where Charlie Platt is joined by the one and only 'Tennessee Stud' Ron Fuller)

plattstand.jpg

Platt: "Hello and welcome to the relaunch of Twin States Wrestling, I'm your host Charlie Platt and I'm excited to be joined here by my co-host, 'The Tennessee Stud' Ron Fuller! Ron, how does it feel to be on this side of the desk for a change?"

RonFuller.jpg

Fuller: "Well Charlie, I have to say it feels pretty good, we've got a great crowd joining us here in Dothan and some good matches coming up here on television."

Platt: "We certainly do, some familiar faces here today as well as some new ones, so let's not waste any time….let's get to our opening bout right now!"

==========================

MATCH #1:

Bugsy McGraw pinned Eddie Alphonso following a running elbow drop

Bugsy works his way around and high fives the fans after his win before heading over and high fiving Platt and Fuller as well!

EdLSGaVXsAE-FGz.png

Platt: "Great win here today for the wild man Bugsy McGraw, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back!"

COMMERCIAL BREAK

(As we return from the break, Charlie Platt is standing in front of the desk joined by Johnny Valiant)

Platt: "Alright we're back here on Twin States Wrestling and I'm joined by a man who is certainly a familiar face around here as he was a big part of Twin States Wrestling in the past and that's 'Luscious' Johnny V."

JohnnyV.jpg

Johnny V: "Familiar, but more importantly handsome face….don't forget to mention that Charlie Platt."

Platt: "Yes, I would certainly be remiss if I didn't mention that.  Johnny, I don't see where you have anyone wrestling on the show today so how might I help you?"

Johnny V: "Well, that's true I don't have anyone WRESTLING here today, I wanted to give these fans the benefit of meeting the next big thing in Twin States Wrestling.  Feast your eyes on my man, 'Uptown' Dennis Brown!"

('Fame' by David Bowie plays as 'Uptown' Dennis Brown struts his way out in a three piece suit, he holds up his fancy Rolex watch to the camera while sporting some sweet Aviator shades as well)

Johnny V: "Look at this man, Charlie Platt! Is he something? He makes Ric Flair look like a hobo!  He is the epitome of cool, my friend."

(Fuller interjects from the other side of the desk)

Fuller: "Where did Denny Brown get that fancy suit from?" (Platt laughs)

Johnny V: "Shut your mouth, Fuller! There is no DENNY Brown anymore…this is 'Uptown' DENNIS Brown….don't be mad because he's wearing a suit that costs more than your house! By the way, why are YOU co-hosting this show?? Everyone knows I should be the co-host of this show….actually I should be the HOST of this show!"

Platt: "Ok now, Johnny…let's take it easy here. Mr. Brown, do you have anything you'd like to say?"

(Brown slides his glasses down while looking down his nose at Platt)

Johnny V: "How dare you, Platt!?! You don't get to speak to this man! He doesn't have anything to say to you or these peons! You're lucky he even walked out here and let you lay eyes on him…..he's from 'Uptown' baby! He's above all you people! Come on Dennis, let's get back to the limo!"

Fuller: "Later, Denny!"

(Johnny V can be heard yelling at Fuller as they exit the studio)

Platt: "Let's go back to the ring for our next match."

MATCH #2:

Kendo Nagasaki/Tarzan Goto w/Tojo Yamamoto Jr defeated Curly Jefferson/Eddie Wilson when Nagasaki made Jefferson submit with a "Japanese Nerve Hold"

While the referee is raising the hands of Goto and Nagasaki in victory, Tojo blasts Eddie Wilson from behind with the kendo stick.

Fuller: "Charlie, as you can see Tojo Yamamoto is a mean as ever! He's going to be force to reckon with here in Twin States."

Platt: "Absolutely, Tojo is always dangerous and always looking to hurt someone and he seems to have found two men who are more than capable of doing his bidding. Ron, let's take a look right now at a man who is on his way to Twin States Wrestling very soon!"

=========================

(VTR- We see a highlight video of Ranger Ross running drills and zip lining as an onscreen graphic reminds us that "RANGER ROSS IS ON HIS WAY TO TWIN STATES WRESLING")

RangerRoss.jpg

----------------------------------------

COMMERCIAL BREAK

(When we return from the break, Charlie and Ron have the Twin States Heavyweight Championship belt laying on the desk between them)

TwinStatesChampionship.jpg

Platt: "There you see the beautiful Twin States Heavyweight Championship belt, next week we'll hear from Les Thatcher about the plans he has in mind to crown a new champion in the coming weeks."

Fuller: "I tell ya what Charlie, I'm pretty content here watching the action here behind this desk but seeing that belt that was once around my waist….it makes me wonder if I wanna step back between those ropes and go for it one more time." (crowd cheers)

Platt: "I know the fans would love to see that but I'm enjoying having you here sharing your insight on all the action we're seeing in the ring, having been there you are able to speak from a place of experience that I'm unable to bring."

Fuller: "That's true Charlie, I hadn't really thought of it that way, maybe I better stay in this chair and leave the rasslin to the younger guys."

Platt: "Speaking of young guys, we've got a popular pair headed to the ring right now."

===========================
MATCH #3:

Billy Travis/Davey Rich defeated The Interns (#1/#2) when Rich pinned Intern #1 with a 'Thesz Press'

As Travis & Rich are celebrating their victory with the studio audience, Tojo Yamamoto comes out to the desk followed by his tag team of Kendo Nagasaki and Tarzan Goto….Tojo grabs a microphone off the desk.

Tojo_Yamamoto_1979.jpg

Tojo: "Why you celebrate like you win SuperBowl? You beat losers…..if you want to wrestle a real team….you wrestle my team! (Travis/Rich start to make their way over to the desk, Les Thatcher quickly makes his way out)

LesThatcher1986.jpg

Thatcher: "While I'm not a fan of people trying to make their own matches……how about we sign this match for television right here next week!"

BillyTravis2.jpg

Travis: "Sounds good to us!"

Tojo: "I tell you what sound good…..It will sound good when I crack this stick over your head!"

Thatcher: "Keep it up and I'll be banning that stick from ringside, let's go to break and get you guys back to dressing room."

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #4:

George Barnes pinned Randy Watson following a piledriver

Barnes was vicious in this match and really seemed to have a chip on his shoulder….he went after Watson like it was personal. After the match he stormed the desk for an unscheduled interview.

GeorgeBarnes.jpg

Barnes: "Platt, bring that microphone over here, ya damn bloody Yank!"

Platt: "We don't have anything scheduled for you…."

Barnes: (snatches the microphone away) "Well, I guess I'm scheduling one, right bloody now huh? You see that belt right there….you might as well just hand it over to me right now because I will run through everybody they put in front of me to be the Twin States Champion, even that big goofy Yank in the cowboy hat behind the desk right there!"

Fuller: "Settle down Barnes, I don't have any gripe with you."

Barnes: "Don't tell me to settle down, bloke! I was one half of the best bloody tag team that ever wrestled here in Twin States, the Violent Gentlemen with Bill Dundee! We beat everybody that came down the pike!"

Platt: "That's true until Brad Armstrong and Wendell Cooley came along."

Barnes: "What the bloody hell did you say to me?"

Barnes grabs Platt by the throat and slams him down against the desk, Fuller comes around and shoves Barnes to the floor! Barnes takes off…. Fuller goes over to help Platt up and check on him when from outta nowhere Barnes reappears……and…..WHAM!!  Barnes blasts Fuller from behind with a steel chair! Barnes cracks Fuller across the back two more times then tosses down the chair! Fuller struggles to try and get up off the studio floor but Barnes grabs the championship belt off the desk and cracks Fuller right across the head with it! Barnes blasts Fuller two more times as the Tennessee Stud's face is now a crimson mask!! Barnes starts raining down punches on the bloody forehead of Fuller until Les Thatcher rushes out followed by security as the show quickly goes to commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

(When we return Les Thatcher is at the desk joined by Johnny V)

Thatcher: "Fans, I apologize for what took place before the break as George Barnes attacked BOTH of our announcers. Barnes has been removed from the studio and will be fined and suspended. While Charlie Platt and Ron Fuller are being taken to the hospital to be checked out."

Valiant: "Lucky for you 'Uptown' Dennis was willing to have them turn the limo around so I could come back here and step into the spot that I should have been in to start with. I'll gladly carry you through announcing this main event but you definitely owe me a favor now, Lester."

Thatcher: "It's just Les….and I'm sure you'll call in that favor soon enough.  Let's go to the ring for our main event on this week's Twin States Wrestling."

MATCH #5:

MAIN EVENT
"Cowboy" Johnny Mantell pinned "Outlaw" Joel Deaton with a small package after an action packed fast paced match!

Deaton is beside himself over losing…and demands a rematch next week!  Mantell gladly accepts!

Thatcher: "While I'm going to have to get a handle on folks coming out here demanding matches, I'm going to go ahead and grant Joel Deaton a rematch since Mantell agreed to it.  So, next week you'll see a rematch between "Outlaw" Joel Deaton and "Cowboy" Johnny Mantell.  You'll the tag team challenge match as Tojo Yamamoto's team of Kendo Nagasaki and Tarzan Goto will face Billy Travis and Davey Rich."

Johnny V: "Might I add, you'll see the in ring debut of my man, 'Uptown' Dennis Brown next week!"

Thatcher: "That's true Johnny, we'll also see the debut of the big Russian monster, Soldat Ustinov! Plus we'll have an update on the condition of both Charlie Platt and Ron Fuller plus some big news about our first big card coming to Birmingham, Alabama on Monday night September 12th, which will be known as Twin States Wrestling: Resurrection!" 

Johnny V: "If half of what I'm hearing about that show is true, folks better get their tickets the minute they go on sale next Monday at the Boutwell Auditorium Box Office!"

Thatcher: "Oh, it's going to be a show that NO ONE is going to want to miss….thank you all for joining us, for Charlie Platt and Ron Fuller, I’m Les Thatcher along with Luscious Johnny V saying 'see ya next week'!"

© 1987 Twin States Wrestling

So glad you kept the same format.  I really enjoy your style of writing shows where the promos and the announcers are the focus and not the matches.  To me, and it is only my opinion, most matches on TV were pretty much the same.  A momentum change or two but it was the finish that was the key.  It was the announcers and the chaos around the matches that made 80's wrestling so fun for me.  It was Gordon Solie and Tommy Rich promos or the wild finishes to almost every WCCW match I ever saw that I loved.  I watch 80's shows all the time now and I just fast forward to the finish.

If you wanted, with your writing ability, Johnny V could replace RPG as the other announcer.  He was awesome today.  The evil "Japs" in 87 Japan is going to be a wild ride!  Tojo, Kendo and Goto are going to get some major heat!! To me the heels won the first show but they always seemed to do well on TV in Alabama but those house shows went the other way.  So glad your back.  This is one of my favorite things to read all week.  Great job.

First let me say i agree with Kev about you keeping this format. Seems to be in line with how a lot of territories ran their TV shows with only a or 2 matches of importance & the rest being skippable while the interviews moved the real stories forward.

Bugsy provides an entertaining opener. Can't wait for his first promo.

Next we get the return of a Twin States staple, Johnny Valiant with his new charge "Downtown" Denny "Uptown" Dennis Brown. I loved Fuller completely no-selling the new gimmick. Though i will thank Mr Valiant to refrain from slandering the NWA World Champion.

First day on the job & Papa-San is already causing trouble. Love to see it.

I'm liking this pissed off Barnes. Of course i'll alike it better when Fuller comes back & gets his hands on him.

Something else i'll second Kev on, Johnny V would make a good replacement for RPG.

What better way to end the return episode of Twin States than to have a Cowboy beat an Outlaw? But i'm sure Deaton will have something up his sleeve for the rematch next week.

Great return for Twin States Wrestling.

Twin States is back and your format hasn't missed a beat. 

Bugsy gets things off to an energetic start.

I know when Johnny V comes out, it's going to be entertaining. "Uptown" Dennis Brown...Genius! I always liked Denny, oh I mean Dennis and wanted to pick him up multiple times but couldn't think of a way to do him justice. One show in and he's a main event player. Well done my friend. 

It's Twin States so you have to have Tojo. Kendo and Goto make an immediate impact. 

Nice vignette for Ranger Ross. 

Looking forward to the crowning of the new Twin States Champ. Fuller's comments really added to the title's prestige. 

Travis and Davey seem to be the hot babyface team. Tojo really puts this over with the challenge. 

WOW! Barnes comes in and takes out both Platt and Fuller! Talk about nuclear heat! Barnes owned this segment and just like that he's one of the most hated wrestlers in the game. 

Because of Barnes, Johnny V gets his wish and is at the announcer's desk. You're onto something here. 

The Cowboy beats the Outlaw and we have another showdown coming. 

Twin States is off and running! 

TwinStatesLogo1.jpg

Twin States Wrestling TV

Pre-Recorded and airing on 9/3/87

WTVY Channel 4 Studios

Dothan, Alabama

Airing on various stations across

Alabama & Mississippi

(The show opens with a montage of footage from previous Twin States shows in 1985 featuring clips of Ron Fuller, Bob Armstrong, Jos Leduc, The Mongolian Stomper, The Nightmares, Bill Dundee & George Barnes, Mr. Olympia, and others…with a voiceover saying, "Welcome to Twin States Wrestling bringing you great wrestling action from across Alabama and Mississippi, we now take you to your host….Charlie Platt!")

(The camera pans across the lively studio audience before heading over to the desk where Les Thatcher is joined by "Luscious" Johnny V!)

LesThatcher1986.jpg

Thatcher: "Hello and welcome everyone to Twin States Wrestling, I'm Les Thatcher sitting in this week for Charlie Platt as he will be back with us next week and I'm joined today by my co-host 'Luscious' Johnny V!"

JohnnyV.jpg

Johnny V: "I can't imagine how excited you must be right now to get to co-host a television show with a superstar of my stature, this is something you'll be able to tell your grandkids about Lester!"

Thatcher: "It's just Les….anyway we have a great show in store for everyone today! We'll be seeing your man, 'Uptown' Dennis Brown in action! We'll be seeing the return of the team who were the first ever Twin States tag team champions back in the day, of course I'm referring to Danny Davis and Kenny Wayne, The Nightmares!"

Johnny V: "That's true but I also hear we'll be seeing the big Russian madman, Soldat Ustinov in the ring today as well!"

Thatcher: "We will in fact be seeing Soldat Ustinov in action as well as the two matches that were made here last week as 'Cowboy' Johnny Mantell granted 'Outlaw' Joel Deaton the rematch he demanded and we'll also see Billy Travis and Davey Rich taking on Tojo Yamamoto's team of Kendo Nagasaki and Tarzan Goto!"

Johnny V: "Those two Japanese guys are very dangerous in that ring and I certainly wouldn't want to tangle with them. I hear we're also going to hear some news on this big event coming up on September 12th in Birmingham called 'Twin States Wrestling: Resurrection'!"

Thatcher: "We will definitely be hearing about that and we'll also be hearing some pre-recorded comments from the 'Tennessee Stud' Ron Fuller as well!"

Johnny V: "If he's smart it will be an apology for shoving down George Barnes causing him to get his brains beat out here on television last week……but enough about Ron Fuller….let's go to the ring and see that phenomenon that is….'Uptown' Dennis Brown!"

('Fame' by David Bowie plays as 'Uptown' Dennis Brown makes his way out wearing a stunning blue robe with silver trim with 'Uptown Brown' across the back in silver sequins)

========================

MATCH #1:

"Uptown" Dennis Brown pinned Jackie Daytona following the "Upswing" (swinging neck breaker)

Johnny V: "Did you see that Thatcher? It doesn't matter who he hits that move on, if you get hit with the 'Upswing' you're going DOWN for the three count!"

Thatcher: "Impressive win for Mr. Brown no doubt, let's go now to some words from the 'Tennessee Stud' Ron Fuller."

=======================

(VTR- Ron Fuller is seen sitting at the announce desk with a blood soaked bandage on his head)

RonFuller.jpg

Fuller: "I left the hospital and rushed back to this studio hoping to find you still here, George Barnes! Then I get told that Les Thatcher has fined and suspended you with the stipulation that you can't return until your fine has been paid and that you've already stated that you refuse to pay it.  You know George Barnes, I was actually enjoying myself sitting behind this desk with Charlie Platt calling the action for the fans at home, that felt good, it felt like maybe that's my calling as I started asking myself what's next for me after my in ring career is over. Then out of nowhere before I can even get through my first show as an announcer you bring your little sawed off Australian *** out there and put your hands on my friend Charlie Platt! Did you think I would just sit behind this desk and let you disrespect Charlie like that?? If that's what you thought Georgie Boy, you were sadly mistaken! You see, I still got some fight left in me, you understand? I ain't had my last match yet, not by a longshot! So, I've got some good news…..and some bad news for you Mr. Barnes! The good news is….I paid your fine for you! That means next week your suspension is lifted…..so if you want to fight somebody so bad….if you want to get your hands on somebody so bad…..then you come on back down to Dothan, Alabama and you put your hands on the Stud…..and do it when I'm looking at you right in your beady little eyes, boy! I'm laying down the challenge right now, Barnes……The Stud vs. George Barnes in a Southern Street Fight at Twin States Resurrection on September 12th in Birmingham! Show up if you got the guts, and if not head on back 'down under' where you belong!"

=======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=======================

Thatcher: "Wow, Johnny V some very strong words from Ron Fuller, George Barnes may very well regret his actions last week."

Johnny V: "Oh yeah, well Ron Fuller may very well regret paying George Barnes' fines just to end up getting his butt kicked again!"

('Hello Again' by The Cars plays as The Nightmares enter the studio to a warm reception from the fans)

Nightmares2.jpg

-------------------------------------

MATCH #2:

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated Frank Rizzo/Willie Richardson when Davis pinned Rizzo after the leg drop from the top rope following Wayne's tombstone piledriver

Thatcher mentions on commentary that we will crown new Twin States Tag Team Champions at Resurrection and it's official The Nightmares will be competing for the titles, another team that will be competing for those titles is this team in the upcoming vignette.

=======================

(VTR: We see a highlight video of Chicky & Ron Starr a.k.a. 'Los Mega Starrs' in action in Puerto Rico taking on various opponents)

chickyandronstarr.jpg

=======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=======================

MATCH #3:

Soldat Ustinov defeated Randy Watson by submission with an over the shoulder backbreaker

SoldatUstinov.jpg

After tossing Watson down to the mat and having his hand raised in victory. Ustinov then began to wave the Russian flag in the ring before draping it across the fallen body of Randy Watson, the studio crowd boo'd heavily until RANGER ROSS made his way into the ring, Ustinov charged Ross who ducked a clothesline and then nailed Ustinov with a 'Combat Kick' (super kick) that knocked Ustinov between the ropes and out of the ring….Ross then snatched up the Russian flag and tossed it out at Soldat Ustinov….security grabbed Ustinov preventing him from re-entering the ring as Ranger Ross waved the American Flag in the ring to the delight of the studio audience!

RangerRoss2.jpg

========================

(Joe Pedicino is in the dressing room with Billy Travis and Davey Rich)

JoeDesk.jpg

Pedicino: "Guys, last week Tojo Yamamoto laid out the challenge and you two quickly accepted for a tag team match this week but are you concerned about the potential interference of Tojo in this match?"

BillyTravis2.jpg

Travis: "Of course Joe, that's always a big concern when you have a manager out there especially one as devious as Tojo Yamamoto but I know we…." (Davey Rich cuts in)

FB_IMG_1611757866466.jpg

Davey: "Billy, I don't mean to cut you off but I've got a surprise for you and all the fans out there….we don't have to worry about Tojo interfering because I've got a us a manager of our own tonight!"

Travis: "Really? A Manager? Who?"

Davey: "My cousin, Johnny Rich!" (Johnny steps into the room, he wipes Billy's head with a towel)

FB_IMG_1611758217717.jpg
Johnny: "That's right Billy! Cousin Johnny is here and I'll be watching yall's backs….and if Tojo sticks his nose in this match…..I'm more than capable of handling him!"

Travis: "Wow…I had no idea you were here…….that's awesome! Let's kick some butt!"

========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

========================

MATCH #4:

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

"Outlaw" Joel Deaton

vs.

"Cowboy" Johnny Mantell

johnmantelljpg.jpg

Joel_Deaton_1.webp

This week's match goes much like last week's with Mantell getting the best of Deaton at most every turn and just when it looks like Mantell had the match won, a large man came through the side door of the studio and hit the ring…..attacking Johnny Mantell! 

Thatcher: "Johnny V…….that's 'Outlaw' Ron Bass!! What is he doing here?? Why is he attacking Johnny Mantell??"

RonBass2.jpg

Bass has his bullwhip with him as he cracks Mantell with it a couple of times, they then pick Mantell up off the mat and shoot him into the ropes as Deaton and Bass each grab the whip and go to clothesline Mantell with it, but Johnny grabs the ropes then quickly rolls out of the ring escaping a bad situation……Mantell grabs a mic.

Mantell: "Ok Deaton, you knew you couldn't get it done on your own so you brought Ron Bass in here to do your dirty work, huh? Well, guess what son? I got friends of my own and maybe I'll give one a call and get him headed this way!"

(Joe Pedicino is backstage in front of the Twin States Wrestling banner)

JoeDesk.jpg

Pedicino: "Fans, tickets will go on sale this Monday at the Boutwell Auditorium Box Office for Twin States Wrestling Resurrection! We can already confirm TWO huge matches on the card!"

TSWResurrectionFBEVENT.jpg

----------------------------

Southern Street Fight

"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller

vs.

George Barnes

Four Corners Match for the
TWIN STATES TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

vs.

Los Mega Starrs (Chicky/Ron Starr)

vs.

??????????

vs.

??????????

Pedicino: "The rest of the card will be announced here next week! Be sure to get your tickets now because you will not want to miss this huge card returning to Birmingham!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #5:

MAIN EVENT

TAG TEAM CHALLENGE MATCH

Billy Travis/Davey Rich w/Johnny Rich

vs.

Kendo Nagasaki/Tarzan Goto w/Tojo Yamamoto

This match started out as a good fast paced back and forth match with Rich and Travis making a lot of quick tags in and out until Travis seemed to tweak his knee on a leap frog and the Japanese team honed in on that knee moving forward working it over….even at one point throwing Travis out to the floor allowing Tojo to crack him across the knee one good time before Johnny Rich came running over and laid him out with a big right hand. However, once they the Richs rolled Travis back into the ring, Goto and Nagasaki took turns tagging in and out putting him in various leg holds……Travis could not get back to his feet, nor could he crawl over to make the tag….he appeared to be at risk of serious injury as Goto locked him into a deep half Boston Crab….but Travis refused to submit….finally at the urging of Davey Rich, Johnny Rich threw in the towel to have the match stopped.  Nagasaki/Goto were declared the winners as The Rich Cousins got in the ring and checked on Billy Travis who was in severe pain clutching his right knee

=============================

Thatcher: "Fans, I commend the Richs for putting Billy Travis' well being ahead of a win and doing the right thing there."

Johnny V: "Are you kidding me? What a bunch of cowards! 'Uptown' Dennis Brown would have shook that off and still won that match."

Thatcher: "Oh yeah, sure he would Johnny…..lord knows we never saw Denny Brown take any losses."

Johnny V: "You watch your mouth Lester! Denny Brown doesn't exist, it's only 'Uptown' DENNIS Brown and the man is a STAR….something you'll learn real soon I promise you!"

Thatcher: "We'll see about that. Speaking of stars….next week we'll see the television debut of Los Mega Starrs, Chicky and Ron Starr! We'll also see Alabama Junior Heavyweight Champion 'Action' Mike Jackson, and much, much more! Plus the return of Charlie Platt here to the announce table and we'll see the 'Tennessee Stud' Ron Fuller, here live in the studio! I've just been informed that with that victory, Goto and Nagasaki have secured a spot in the Four Corners match for the Twin States tag team titles at Resurrection, we'll have another tag match here next week where the winning team will fill in that fourth spot. Thank you for joining us once again for Twin States Wrestling, for Joe Pedicino and Johnny V, I’m Les Thatcher saying fans we'll see you next week!"

credits roll....

Executive Producer

Ronald Welch

Producer

Gene Jackson

Floor Director

Joe Pedicino

Associate Producer

Bob Blehschmidt

Audio

Howard Moon

Camera

Colin Robinson

Steven Toast

Dennis Reynolds

Bill Gillespie

Les Thatcher's suit courtesy of 'Sammy T's Suit Shack'

Catering provided by 'Blue Cyclone BBQ' of Montgomery

WTVYLogo.jpg

I see Johnny V is still angling to take RPG's place....& still doing a pretty good job of it.

Brown;s career does indeed appear to be on the Upswing since coming to Twin States.

Classic Gene angle with Fuller paying Barnes' fine just so he can whoop him. We'll see if it was worth it come Resurrection.

The Nightmares & Los Mega Stars, tow credible options to become Twin States new tag champs.

Ustinov & Ross both arrive & we have our American patriot vs Soviet invader feud.

Nice to see Ron Bass & Joel Deaton sticking together. Excited to see who Mantell brings into even the odds. I've got a pretty good idea.

I like the ending to the main event. Travis looks gutsy, the Rich's look compassionate (though in a way Travis could take exception too) & the Japanese contingent look like bastards. 

Lester & Johnny's bickering throughout the night was a great touch.

Associate producer Bob Blehschmidt....now there's a name you don't see everyday.

Johnny V! It's official. He's going to be such a vital part of the show. 

I have to say, I'm pulling for Uptown Brown to be the next Twin States Champ. He's just too cool. 

Well, if you're going to resurrect Twin States, then having a Fuller/Barnes street fight is the way to kick things off.

Nightmares get a spot for the tag titles, but so do Los Mega Starrs. This keeps getting better.

USA vs. Russia in the 80s is always a sure thing. 

Cousin Johnny arrives to counter Tojo. Can't have Twin States without some Rich's. I bet Tommy's watching. 

Ron Bass arrives in a big way, however, Mantell might have an ace up his sleeve. 

Give Travis credit for enduring the pain. No shame with the towel being thrown in. Johnny V calling this a cowardly act was hilarious. 

Looking forward to seeing Mike Jackson next week. I think he held the Alabama Jr. title for 27 years LOL. 

Nice little addition with the credits, especially seeing Bleh's name. That got a pop from me. 

In 2 weeks, you've worked wonders with this roster. Well done Sir. 

On 9/3/2022 at 4:27 PM, Autistic Dragon said:

Associate producer Bob Blehschmidt....now there's a name you don't see everyday.

That guys shows up when you least expect him!

1 hour ago, spaldoni said:

Nice little addition with the credits, especially seeing Bleh's name. That got a pop from me. 

Missed you too Brother!

I loathe Johnny V with the passion of Jimmy Valiant... well... maybe something there... but he brings the heat. I wasn't aware of Pedicino coming down from Chicago to help out with things. He's a busy guy with the Windy City schedule. I also love Ron Bass. I felt like I never got a full look of him but the more I find the more I appreciate.

2 minutes ago, LowBlowPodcast said:

I loathe Johnny V with the passion of Jimmy Valiant... well... maybe something there... but he brings the heat. I wasn't aware of Pedicino coming down from Chicago to help out with things. He's a busy guy with the Windy City schedule. I also love Ron Bass. I felt like I never got a full look of him but the more I find the more I appreciate.

Sorry I was reading some of my old stuff and wrote him in by mistake. I'll go back and edit it.

1 hour ago, GeneJackson95 said:

Sorry I was reading some of my old stuff and wrote him in by mistake. I'll go back and edit it.

Its not a big deal... he has picked up his roots and gone up to Chicago to test his skills. I'd love to find another figure head and he could come and be with you... just don't know of too many around this time.

TwinStatesLogo1.jpg

Twin States Wrestling TV

Pre-Recorded and airing on 9/10/87

WTVY Channel 4 Studios

Dothan, Alabama

Airing on various stations across

Alabama & Mississippi

(The camera pans across the lively studio audience before heading over to the desk where Charlie Platt is joined by "Luscious" Johnny V!)

plattstand.jpg

Platt: "Hello everyone and welcome once again to Twin States Wrestling, I'm Charlie Platt, I'm excited to back on the show this week, and I'm joined by new co-host the one and only 'Luscious' Johnny V."

JohnnyV.jpg

Valiant: "Charlie Platt, don't say George Barnes never did anything for ya, because he got you an upgrade in co-hosts!"

Platt: "I'm not even going to dignify that remark with a response. We have a great show in store for you this week as we head into this Monday's huge event in Birmingham….Twin States Wrestling Resurrection!"

Valiant: "Huge event is right! I know we'll be revealing the rest of the card here today as we'll also have a match in our main event that will determine who the fourth team will be in that four corners elimination match to crown the Twin States Tag Team Champions!"

Platt: "That's right, it will be Johnny and Davey Rich taking on the team of Fire and Flame with the winners taking that fourth spot on Monday night. We'll also be seeing Los Mega Starrs, Chicky and Ron Starr in action, along with Ranger Ross, and the Outlaws- Ron Bass and Joel Deaton will see action as well but right now let's go to the ring as the Alabama Junior Heavyweight Champion 'Action' Mike Jackson is set to go."

=======================

MATCH #1:

Alabama Jr. Heavyweight Champion "Action" Mike Jackson pinned Ricky Tidwell with a crucifix

MikeJackson.jpg

Nice win for the Alabama Jr Champion, during the match Johnny V mentions on commentary that at Resurrection, his buddy "Uptown" Dennis Brown will be challenging Mike Jackson for the Alabama Junior Heavyweight title and he's confident that Brown will bring home the gold. Platt expressed his doubts on that.

=======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=======================

Valiant: "Platt, I have it on good authority that George Barnes sent in a VTR talking about what he did to you and Ron Fuller two weeks ago and what he plans to do to Fuller on Monday night and that Lester Thatcher is refusing to play it."

Platt: "I've heard the same thing and you'd have to take that up with LES Thatcher, I have no control over what makes air and what doesn't."

Valiant: "Well, that's pretty rotten of LESTER to do that Charlie Platt……but you know what almost makes up for it?"

Platt: "What's that Johnny?"

Valiant: "Next week, right here on Twin States Wrestling…..I've been promised the return of the highest rated most beloved pro wrestling segment of ALL TIME!"

Platt: "Piper's Pit is coming to Twin States?"

Valiant: "Who-per's what?? No! No one has even heard of that! Next week….right here on Twin States Wrestling….we will all get to see the return of the one and only……..FIESTA GARDEN!!"

Platt: (shakes his head) "You mean with…."

Valiant: "Who else baby?? Of course with everyone's favorite wrestler..…..'The Great' Al Madril!"

Platt: "Just when things looked so promising…."

Valiant: "Are you kidding me? That's the best news I've heard since I became the co-host! The only news that could top that is if I became the HOST of this show!"

Platt: "Well don't hold you breath on that one but it should be interesting to see what Mr. Madril is up to these days."

Valiant: "Let's got to the ring Platt and see a couple of guys who are compadres of Mr. Madril themselves….Chicky and Ron Starr!"

--------------------------------------

MATCH #2:

Los Mega Starrs (Chicky/Ron Starr) defeated Eddie Wilson/Roy Munson when Ron pinned Wilson after a DDT

chickyandronstarr.jpg

(Boni Blackstone approaches Chicky and Ron Starr at ringside after their win)

BoniBlackstone.jpg

BB: "Guys, you are headed into a four corners match on Monday for the Twin States tag team titles, do you have anything you'd like to say about it?" (Boni points the mic towards Chicky but Ron grabs it)

Ron: "NO! We don't!" (Chicky laughs as they walk away)

-----------------------------------

Valiant: "Who is that blond chick?"

Platt: "Good grief Johnny, she's not a 'chick'. That young lady is Boni Blackstone and she's the new interviewer for Twin States Wrestling?"

Valiant: "Well she sure is off to a great start isn't she? She's no Barbara Walters, that's all I'm sayin'."

Platt: "She'll be back out here later and hopefully she'll get a chance to talk to someone less rude than The so called Mega Starrs, in the meantime let's go to this video that was sent to us but Sir Oliver Humperdink."

Valiant: "That's more like it, Humps a close personal friend of mine!"

Platt: "Why does that not surprise me?"

======================

(VTR- A highlight video airs of Boris Zhukov in action with Sir Oliver Humperdink talking over it explaining how Zhukov and Soldat Ustinov are the first two members of his 'House of Humperdink' who will "take over Twin States Wrestling as Ranger Ross will find out at Resurrection!")

BorisZhukov.jpg

======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

======================

MATCH #3:

Ranger Ross pinned Sammy Hall following a "Combat Kick"

(Boni Blackstone approaches Ranger Ross at ringside after his win)

BoniBlackstone.jpg

BB: "Ranger Ross, congrats on the nice win here today but I know you have your sights set on Soldat Ustinov this Monday in Birmingham."

RangerRoss.jpg

Ross: "That's exactly right Miss Blackstone! Every match is important but when you have someone like this big Russian who shows blatant disrespect for our country and it's flag like Soldat Ustinov has…..that makes it real, real personal!"

BB: "I certainly understand that. We found out before the last break that Ustinov has a new manager in Sir Oliver Humperdink who will at ringside for this match, does that change anything as far as your strategy goes?"

Ross: "It definitely means I'm going to have to keep an eye on him at ringside and be aware of where he is at all times, but the great thing is…..I'm going to have an arena full of proud Americans right there in Birmingham watching my back so I'm not worried about Humperdink or Ustinov in the least! Once I hit him with that 'combat kick', I'll be celebrating with all the good people of Birmingham and waving 'old glory' high over my head for all to see!"

======================

Platt: "Fans, I'm very excited to announce there's been an addition to Monday's Resurrection card, making his return to Twin States Wrestling, former Twin States Heavyweight Champion…Mr. Olympia!"

Valiant: "OH COME ON! Not that guy, I can't stand Mr. Olympia."

Platt: "Well, that makes one of us. Let's take a look right now at Mr. Olympia in action!"

(VTR- Various highlights are shown of Mr. Olympia in action from the previous incarnation of Twin States Wrestling against a variety of opponents such as: Buddy Landel, The Mongolian Stomper, Robert Fuller, Jimmy Golden, Ron Bass, Bruiser Brody, Kamala, etc)

Olympia+Blue.jpg

======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

======================

MATCH #4:

The Outlaws (Ron Bass/Joel Deaton) defeated Randy Watson/Ray Purchase when Bass pinned Watson after a face first piledriver

RonBass2.jpg

After the match, Deaton goes over and grabs the microphone and brings it in the ring. Bass takes it and says that Johnny Mantell doesn't have any friends, least of all anyone that wants to "tangle with the Outlaws"!  Mantell makes his way out and says that he has a partner and they'll find out who he is on Monday night! Deaton says, "You should have brought him today, dummy! Cause we're just gonna whoop your butt right now!"

Joel_Deaton_1.webp

johnny_mantell.jpg

Mantell smiles as he takes a couple of steps towards the ring….then says, "Come on Deaton….you know me….I ain't no dummy!"  With that he slides into the ring….quickly followed by……"WILDCAT" WENDELL COOLEY!!!   Mantell and Cooley quickly commenced to throwing fists with the Outlaws who after a few moments decide they'll wait and finish this on Monday in Birmingham as they powder out and head to the dressing room. Mantell and Cooley head over to the desk.

Cooley.jpg

Cooley: "Mr. Platt, it's good to see you again….and it sure is good to see these great fans in Dothan, Alabama! Johnny, you and I teamed up in Twin States before and brother I'm more than happy to do it again! Ron Bass, we've had our troubles in the past and this Monday night at Resurrection…let's say we settle it once and for all!"

Mantell: "Sounds good to me, Wildcat. Those two fancy themselves to be 'outlaws', Charlie Platt? Well, these two cowboys right here are going to send them packing back to where they came from and once we've finished with them…..me and Wendell Cooley are gonna be looking for those Twin States tag team titles…real soon!"

Platt: "Wow, fans welcome back once again 'Wildcat' Wendell Cooley, let's take a quick commercial break and when we return it's time for our main event to determine the fourth team to challenge for those tag team titles that the Cowboys are gonna be looking for down the road."

======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

======================

MATCH #5:

MAIN EVENT

WINNERS GET THE LAST SPOT IN THE TAG TITLE MATCH

Fire & Flame

vs.

Johnny/Davey Rich

FB_IMG_1635620471330.jpg

Fire and Flame make their way out to the ring first. As the Richs make their way out, Davey comes over to the desk and says they are dedicating this match to their buddy Billy Travis, who is at home recovering from his knee injury suffered at the hands of Tojo's team….Johnny comes over and chimes in, "That's right we're going to win this match and on Monday we're going to win those belts for our buddy, Billy!"

A very solid tag team match for a television main event……when it looked like the Richs had things going their way Fire raked Davey's eyes then hooked his arms behind his back….Flame came in and tossed a fire ball at him but Davey ducked the fireball hit referee Frank Morrell instead! Johnny came in and the Richs quickly cleared Fire and Flame out of the ring.  Referee Larry Brock came out followed by Les Thatcher, Brock declared The Richs the winners by DQ while Thatcher announced that Fire & Flame are suspended for 90 days for throwing fire and will be fined as well.

Platt: "Well the Richs advance to the Four Corners Match on Monday night for the Twin States Tag Team Championship and deservedly so."

Valiant: "What is Thatcher's problem, why did he suspend Fire and Flame?"

Platt: "Because they threw a fireball in the face of the referee!"

Valiant: "Well he didn't mean to hit the referee Davey Rich shouldn't have moved."

Platt: "Didn't mean to? You can't throw fire at ANYBODY….much less a referee!"

Valiant: "Give me a break, Charlie Platt! They call themselves Fire and Flame! Did you not think they would throw fire at somebody??"

Platt: "I can't deal with this right now, fans we're out of time, get your tickets now and join us Monday night for Twin States Wrestling Resurrection at the Boutwell Auditorium in Birmingham! Join us here next week as we'll have all the fall out from Resurrection plus, we'll have news on the upcoming one night tournament to crown a Twin States Heavyweight Champion! Let's take a look at the full card for Monday night right now!"

TSWResurrectionFBEVENT.jpg

Twin States Wrestling

RESURRECTION

Monday Sept 12th, 1987

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

Bell Time: 7:30pm

MAIN EVENT

Southern Street Fight

"Tennessee Stud"

Ron Fuller

vs.

George Barnes

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH

The Cowboys (Johnny Mantell/"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley)

vs.

The Outlaws (Ron Bass/Joel Deaton)

FOUR CORNERS MATCH TO CROWN THE TWIN STATES TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

vs.

Kendo Nagasaki/Tarzan Goto w/Tojo Yamamoto

vs.

Johnny/Davey Rich

vs.

Los Mega Starrs (Chicky/Ron Starr)

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

Ranger Ross

vs.
Soldat Ustinov w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

ALABAMA JR. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

"Action" Mike Jackson

vs.

"Uptown" Dennis Brown

Brickhouse Brown

vs.

Boris Zhukov w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

Mr. Olympia

vs.

The Assassin

(card subject to change)

---------------------------------

Executive Producer

Ronald Welch

Producer

Gene Jackson

Floor Director

Boni Blackstone

Associate Producer

Bob Blehschmidt

Match Maker

Les Thatcher

Audio

Howard Moon

Camera

Colin Robinson

Steven Toast

Dennis Reynolds

Bill Gillespie

Charlie Platt's suit provided by 'Suitable Suits' of Dothan

Catering provided by 'Blue Cyclone BBQ' of Montgomery

WTVYLogo.jpg

Can't wait for the big one in Birmingham!

Al Madril is back... That is going to be an awesome addition to Dawn of War.

Boni Blackstone is also a nice addition... Surprised we have not seen more use of her in our game.

Mike Jackson, The Rich's, Mr. Olympia, Cooley, Fuller etc.... you have made this the perfect Twin States Wrestling roster in no time at all.

The credits are adding an extra laugh to your show... Suitable Suits of Dothan!!  lol

Glad your back brother.  

Johnny V is officially the new co-host. We did it!

Jackson always shines in Alabama but can he fend off the man who's Uptown?

Hey come on Lester, what's the harm in letting Barnes say his piece.

THE FIESTA GARDEN IS BACK BABY!

Los Mega Stars give the new interviewer a rough welcome.

The House of Humperdink has been painted red.

Ross is ready to stand up for America.

Mr Olympia is coming back & Johnny V is having a fit.

The Wildcat is back & the Outlaws may have put their boots in their mouths.

Fire & Flame are back in Twin States a day & already made more of an impression then they ever did in the NWA.

Resurrection is stacked promising a Southern Street Fight, new tag champs & the return of the Assassin.