Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/05 - 09/11 Cody Rhodes, the smartest man in wrestling

KawadaSmile

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no beef with CM Punk standing up for himself, although he is being pretty unprofessional in the way he is doing it.  The main person to blame for all of this is Tony Khan, because he clearly is not the man in charge in AEW and is letting the inmates run the asylum. But to your main point?  All of the sudden Cody is looking REAL smart for getting the hell out of dodge, and it's becoming much easier to figure out why he did.  He must be laughing his ass off right about now.

As far as WWE goes...I enjoyed the Triple H interview with Ariel Helwani so much, and the Clash at the Castle PPV, that I am going to start very cautiously monitoring WWE programming again, including Raw.  But I still don't know how the hell anybody can be expected to watch three fucking hours every Monday, and this is probably going to be very short lived, because MNF is coming back, bubbas!

All this makes one wonder how much of the stories about Cody being an egotistical primadonna were true, and how many of them were a function of who had a good relationship with the wrestling press. He clearly wasn’t in a good headspace at the end, given how bizarre the Codyverse got, but now it’s like, can you blame him?

Damn, was hoping Braun was joining Alpha Academy.

THAT would be something interesting.

This Monster of the Week shtick is stale and the shits.

His new look is cool though.

One guy annihilating almost the entire tag team division is vintage Vince booking. Are we sure he's really gone?

Dom truly took after his 1st father, Eddie Guerrero. I mean, there are worse things in life than being a buff lady's sub.

48 minutes ago, Zoo Enthusiast said:

In hindsight, Cody leaving AEW should have set off a lot more alarm bells than it did.

There is this amazing quote before he returned to WWE which I haven't seen until today, but it shows how on the money he was - and how business savvy he is.

Just now, sek69 said:

I love how Raquel's gimmick is being the buff chick, but I bet Rhea would smoke her in a pose off. 

I still do not get what the fuck Raquel is trying to achieve with that back pose. You are not that lean or that jacked to make us go "WOOOOOAH LOOK AT HER BACK", dammit.

Get on that tren

3 minutes ago, sek69 said:

he didn't do anything wrong

Neither did the other 100+ people who got future endeavored for "budget cuts."

No one deserved to lose their job.

Doesn't mean I'm going to stand up and cheer at the shit Vince-esque booking we just saw.

The ship has sailed with Braun as an interesting and compelling money-making act.