Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 10/26-10/28

sek69

The crowd seems to really want MJF to be a babyface, so them fighting too hard against that could run the risk of creating a pre Tribal Chief Roman situation. The Rock comparison is pretty apt if for no other reason than Rock showed you can be a super mega over babyface and still be kind of an asshole. 

4 hours ago, sek69 said:

The crowd seems to really want MJF to be a babyface, so them fighting too hard against that could run the risk of creating a pre Tribal Chief Roman situation. The Rock comparison is pretty apt if for no other reason than Rock showed you can be a super mega over babyface and still be kind of an asshole. 

MJF revealing he's a still a desperate heel and but NOT a true villain by using the garbage WCW/TNA/Jeff Jarrett "IT WAS A PLAN ALL ALONG" reveal with The Firm and STILL losing is the finish is my prediction after a lot of thought. A cowardly lion. 

AEW fans and travelling/hardcore fans that will attend the AEW PPV (as they always do) deeply pushing MJF into a babyface is an operative reality. 

After the Punk-era World title flip-flop and shit show Moxley dropping it is way too early just servicing the title belt as a World title

MJF possibly shouldn't win the AEW World title in his career as the Voices of Wrestling Podcast have pushed. LIke MJF's hero Roddy Piper or Heenan scheming against Hulk Hogan.

Also bumping or turning Regal, the Dynamite Diamond Ring, Wardlow, a babyface The Pinnacle are possible set pieces or near fall opportunities. 

Could be masterful or overbooked. 

When Regal said the line about only using his brass knucks because he wanted to, not to cheat.... that seemed like a foreshadowing moment to me. Right there made me predict a finish where MJF either ends up using his Ring (or even better, Regal's knucks) to win "because he wanted to".

If MJF hesitates and finally decides to cheat and stay heel, it's pretty ok, although honestly right now I don't see why they would not pull the trigger.

If they pull a Survivor Series 1998 kinda swerve, I'm fucking done. Recycling the most annoying tired WWE tropes is precisely what AEW needs to not do right now (well, ever), especially as WWE is getting hotter (for both good and bad reasons). They have lost enough credit and goodwill altogether already in this last 6 months.

In this day & age, it's entirely possible that even if MJF himself & AEW/Khan wanted Maxwell to remain a heel, the crowd might just ignore that & babyface him anyway. Would make for some awkward TV when MJF is cutting a promo shitting on a wrestler or town & the crowd is losing their minds cheering & chanting his name while he does it. Like when Toronto absolutely refused to let Hulk Hogan be a bad guy against The Rock.

12 minutes ago, Alucard said:

The whole Firm mess has done nothing but take away from Moxley vs MJF. Like why are those guys even involved in the title match/main event angle.

Seems pretty clear that their role was to be the last straw to push MJF over the edge to babyface status.