Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 12/6 - 12/9 - Make the Entire Promotion Out of Eddie/Bryan Already

Timbo Slice

Negativity check : at this point, the Wardlow push is a case of escalade of commitment. There's no reason whatsoever for this guy to still be this overprotected (or pushed to this level at all, really). The ref ending matches because the guy does a bunch of flat powerbombs is the dumbest shit ever too in a promotion where people get thrown onto their heads left and right, beat the piss out of each other until one passes out and drink their opponent's blood without matches getting interrupted, ever. Considering he's been here since the beginning, his output has been ridiculously mediocre. His character is still basically a dude flexing his muscles and sticking his tongue out. I can think of 5 monster type guys in AEW off the top of my head who are way better than him on every level (Archer, Hobbs, Miro, Brody, Cage). He was over like crazy for about a month or two thanks to an MJF angle. That's it. Move the fuck on already. And Willie Mack deserves way better too, btw.

Apart from that, yeah, Collision was tons of fun. Danielson is having the time of his life and he's making the Continental Classic just that. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/11/2023 at 8:01 PM, Blehschmidt said:

I am starting to wonder if Wardlow isn't finishing out his contract, and they are building him back up quickly with this ref stoppage shit, so he can do a big job and be gone.

He certainly couldn't look any less motivated.

Could very well be. They are building him for Max, and there's no way in hell MJF doesn't defeat him at this point (unless Coach TK has totally lost his mind). 

Speaking of contract not being renewed, guys like Shawn Spears and Scorpio Sky (hey, remember his amazing comeback on Collision ?) are totally goners, right ? And honestly I would not be surprised if Santana was gently forgotten about too, while Ortiz will be happy collecting a paycheck to be around Eddie for a while. Sure, he got three vignettes and a win on Rampage. But the guy is going nowhere up the cards.

The one person they really should go after next year is Deonna Purrazzo, who is obviously done with IMPACT/TNA (she has done nothing but put people over for the last few months). I selfishly want to keep watching her, and she's bestie with Baker I think. Well, she's also bestie with Chelsea Green, but really now, I want her vs Athena.