Pro Wrestling Only

Re-Booking WCW in 1992 (and further)

Grimmas

I've wanted to write some fantasy booking on here for a while. Just for fun, you know? I tried to focus on WWF, but nothing seemed appropriate. After the Vince stuff came out, I thought maybe pick a year that would hurt him the worst, but you know what? Fuck that. Let's just go with WCW instead!

Set-Up

On January 8th, Kip Frey took over Jim Herd's role as WCW executive producer. In this scenario, instead of Frye, it's a time-traveling Grimmas instead.

Why this time, though?

There are a few reasons. One is that this is one of the rare times there is no Benoit, Flair, or Hogan involved. I don't want to use them, so not having them here is a cool bonus. A change of leadership always makes sense for a spot to come in. WCW was in a cool state of flux now and was looking to find a new identity. Finally, from a certain wrestler's book, that person was looking to jump ship in January 1992. If that doesn't sound like a perfect spot for me, then what does?

Current Champions
as of January 8th, 1992

• WCW World Heavyweight Champion: Lex Luger
  • WCW United States Heavyweight Champion: Rick Rude
  • WCW World Tag Team Champions: Ricky Steamboat and Dustin Rhodes
  • WCW World Television Champion: Steve Austin
  • WCW World Light Heavyweight Champion: Jushin Liger
  • WCW United States Tag Team Champions: Steve Armstrong and Tracy Smothers

One good thing is the NWA deal hasn't come in yet, creating way too many titles, and the second World Champion thing I really hate! The champions are interesting, although Luger only has one match left at SuperBrawl in February.

Note: If anything great happens in real WCW I will try to recreate it here, so you'll see your War Games, Iron Man, and Vader-Stings in 1992 just with changes all around it.

January 1992

All of the TV leading up to Clash of the Champions was recorded before January 8th, so we'll just start at Clash of the Champions! Note that there is a lot of TV, though, and I haven't figured out what I will do with all of that. Booking like four shows a week might be too much of a chore, but we'll see.

We'll keep the card as is, but make some changes that will be noticeable.

Clash of the Champions XVIII
Expocenter in Topeka, KS
January 21
Commentators: Jim Ross and Tony Schiavone

1. The Steiner Brothers defeated Big Van Vader & Mr. Hughes w/ Harley Race.

This is already a fun match, which we'll keep as is. Don't worry; Vader is protected here, as there are big plans for him later.

2. Brian Pillman & Marcus Alexander Bagwell defeated Terrance Taylor & Tracy Smothers.

There were some injuries or something that led to these weird teams; either way, we got to keep Pillman strong. This was an okay match.

3. Richard Morton defeated Johnny B. Badd.

Badd wins this squash in real 1992, but I have other plans for Morton, and I don't know what to do with Badd yet.

* Brian Pillman confirms he will get a WCW Light Heavyweight Title shot against Jushin Thunder Liger at SuperBrawl II.

4. PN News defeated Diamond Dallas Page.

We'll keep the same squash as real 1992 here but with an added twist. Afterward, Vinnie Vegas debuts to help DDP and crushes News. I'll need that Vegas squash match time later for something else.

* Tony Schiavone introduces the new Commissioner of WCW, Bad News Allen. He is here to be the voice of the WCW Championship Committee and has a few announcements. WCW World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger will defend the title against Sting at SuperBrawl II. After the great response of WCW fans to our partnership with NJPW, WCW has decided to partner up with AJW, and the amazing stars of AJW will appear at SuperBrawl II in a six-person tag. Finally, a new commentator will debut tonight as Allen brings out Jesse Ventura!

5. Cactus Jack defeated Van Hammer in a Falls Count Anywhere Match.

Abdullah the Butcher where a cowboy hat, what is not to love?

* The Freebirds debut their new single "I'm a Freebird (What's Your Excuse?"

6. The Freebirds defeated Big Josh & Brad Armstrong.

It's short; I don't want to push The Freebirds, but a lumberjack and an underused Brad Armstrong. This will take some work.

* The Steiners are back and are looking for gold and to suplex fools.

* Paul E. Dangerously says The Dangerous Alliance will disfigure Ricky Steamboat.

7. Barry Windham, Dustin Rhodes, & Ron Simmons defeated Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton, & Larry Zbyszko w/ Paul E. Dangerously

This is a really good match; if you haven't seen it, go watch it.

* Tony Schiavone brings out the newest international talent to WCW and introduces Bret "Hitman" Hart, who says he is here to prove himself.

8. Ricky Steamboat & Sting defeated Rick Rude & Steve Austin w/ Paul E. Dangerously.

It's a fun match that sees Austin getting pinned. After Rude uses the US Title to destroy Steamboat, but Sting dives ontop to save him before security pulls away Rude.

Note: Bret was ready to jump to WCW for this show, but either he dropped out at the last minute, or a clerical mistake led to his contract rolling over; it never happened. Bret in WCW in 1992 is going to be fun.

Next up we have SuperBrawl II to build up with only a few matches signed.

• WCW World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger vs Sting
  • WCW Light Heavyweight Champion Jushin Liger vs Brian Pillman
  • AJW six person tag match

This is a cool idea. Early 1990s WCW provides a very interesting sandbox because it could have gone in so many different directions. Bret Hart is going to spice things up, and I'm looking forward to how the AJW partnership adds depth to the shows. Jushin Liger vs Brian Pillman is a fun way to start things off.

January 22 to January 26, 1992

I'll do these a week at a time, but this week will be slightly shorter because of the Clash on the 21st.

There are a LOT of television shows, so I'm not going to book all of Pro, Power Hour, The Main Event, World Championship Wrestling, Worldwide, and a syndicated version of Pro. Let's just assume Pro, Power Hour, and Main Event are fun C shows with good matches, squashes, and recaps. We'll focus on the two big shows, WorldWide and World Championship Wrestling. The name of the later show changed to Saturday Night within a few weeks, so let's do that now. WCW WCW show sounds silly.

NOTE: I forgot to point out last time that on a house show, Bobby Eaton and Arn Anderson won the WCW World Tag Team Titles on January 16th. They oddly would lose them in a few months on another house show, so let's just ignore that. It's during my time, so no change. Steamboat and Rhodes continue on as champions... for now.

On the heels of Clash of the Champions XIII, let's get to the two Saturday shows!

Until things start to really change, this will follow the real 1992 closely. I'm sure it will split a lot soon enough.

WCW WorldWide
Municipal Auditorium in Columbus, GA
January 25, taped January 14

Hosted by Tony Schiavone with Dusty Rhodes

Tony Schiavone and Dusty Rhodes go over Clash of the Champions and new commissioner Bad News Allen. They hype Luger vs. Sting at SuperBrawl II for the World Title and talk about it later tonight in the main event. The US Tag Team Champions, Steve Armstrong and Tracy Smothers, will defend the belts against Brian Pillman and Tom Zenk.

1. Ricky Steamboat pinned Larry Zbyszko w/ Paul E. Dangerously with a slingshot crossbody from the ring apron.

Afterward, The Dangerous Alliance attacks Steamboat. Rude grabs a leather belt and goes to whip Steamboat, but Sting, Barry Windham, Dustin Rhodes, and Ron Simmons make the save.

2. Bobby Eaton pinned Marcus Alexander Bagwell with the Alabama Jam.

A. Eric Bischoff interviewed Ron Simmons, who said Abdullah the Butcher has not given him a reason to distrust him... Yet.

3. Ron Simmons & Abdullah the Butcher defeated Cactus Jack & Mr. Hughes when Simmons pinned Mr. Hughes with the jumping shoulder block.

A. New WCW Commissioner Bad News Allen announces that Ricky Steamboat will challenge Rick Rude for the WCW United States Title at SuperBrawl II with The Dangerous Alliance banned from ringside.

4. WCW United States Champion Rick Rude w/ Paul E. Dangerously pinned PN News in a non-title match with the Rude Awakening after News missed the Broken Record splash. Paul E at ringside ranted all match about being banned at SuperBrawl.

A. Eric Bischoff interviewed Barry Windham wants revenge on Larry Zybszko even if he has to wrestle with a cast.

Gordon Solie runs down the SuperBrawl II card.

• WCW United States Champion Rick Rude vs Ricky Steamboat with The Dangerous Alliance banned from ringside
  • Akira Hokuto, Etsuko Mita, & Mima Shimoda vs Kyoko Inoue, Takako Inoue, & Sakie Hasegawa

Main Event!

5. WCW United States Tag Team Champions Steve Armstrong & Tracy Smothers defeated Brian Pillman & Tom Zenk when Smothers pinned Zenk after Armstrong hit Zenk in the back with the title belts.

Tony Schiavone and Dusty Rhodes announced next week that Sting would be in action!

Saturday Night
Municipal Auditorium in Kansas City, MO
January 25, taped January 22

Hosted by Jim Ross and Jesse Ventura

Jim Ross welcomes Jesse Ventura to Saturday Night, the new mothership of WCW.

1. Vinnie Vegas w/ Diamond Dallas Page wins a squash match.

2. United States Champion Rick Rude w/ Paul E. Dangerously wins a squash match.

A. Jesse Ventura interviews Bret Hart. He is interrupted by Terry Taylor. Bret calls him a chicken and goads him to a match next week.

3. Cactus Jack, Mr. Hughes, & Thomas Rich defeated Abdullah the Butcher, Ron Simmons, & Big Josh when Jack pinned Big Josh with the double arm DDT. Abduallah did not get into the ring against Cactus Jack, only against Rich.

4. Dustin Rhodes defeated Arn Anderson w/ Paul E. Dangerously va DQ when Larry Zbyszko interfered. Barry Windham made the save.

A. A sit-down interview with Sting talking about his friendship with Lex Luger and how he has to take the title from him. It's mixed with clips of him in the gym getting ripped!

5. Brian Pillman pinned Johnny B. Badd with a flying high crossbody.

6. Big Van Vader w/ Harley Race squashed two jobbers.

Main Event!

7. The Steiner Brothers defeated Bobby Eaton & Larry Zbyszko via DQ when The Dangerous Alliance interfered. Barry Windham and Dustin Rhodes made the save, and they all brawled to the back.

A. Jim Ross announces next week that the WCW World Tag Team Champions Dustin Rhodes & Ricky Steamboat will defend the titles against Big Van Vader & a partner hand-picked by Harley Race. Plus, Terry Taylor vs Bret Hart.

Next time another episode of WorldWide and Saturday Night as we are one month away from SuperBrawl II.

Thanks for the responses; with those, I will continue. There's no point in just writing this and nobody caring, eh?

January 27 to February 2, 1992

Let's move on to the second week of TV. We'll have to start deviating more from the real 1992 now, but I'll try to keep as much of the stuff that makes sense.

WCW WorldWide
Municipal Auditorium in Columbus, GA
February 1, taped January 14

Hosted by Tony Schiavone with Dusty Rhodes. They hyped the main event of Ron Simmons & Abdullah the Butcher challenging for the WCW United States Tag Team Titles.

1. Sting made The Medic submit to the Scorpion Deathlock.

A. Tony Schiavone invited Ricky Steamboat to the ring. He warned The Dangerously Alliance that if they kept attacking WCW stars, they would regret it. He said he was going to take the WCW United States Championship from Rick Rude at SuperBrawl II and without The Dangerously Alliance at ringside for that match, Rude stood no chance.

2. The Steiner Brothers defeated Chris Sullivan & John Peterson when Scott pinned Sullivan after a bulldog off the top rope double team.

A. Paul E. Dangerously was in the ring with Madusa and he said it was time for the First Annual Quarterly Paul E. Awards ceremony. He awarded Steve Austin the "TV Wrestler of the Quarter." He gave Larry Zbyszko the "Sickest Invididual in WCW of the Quarter." He awarded Arn Anderson & Bobby Eaton the "Tag Team of the Quarter." Madusa was given the "Woman of the Quarter." Finally, he gave Ravishing Rick Rude the "Wrestler of the Quarter." They all celebrated and were given trophies.

3. Rick Rude w/ Madusa pinned Brad Armstrong with the Rude Awakening in a non-title match. This was after Madusa put Rude's foot on the rope to prevent a pin. After Rude hit another Rude Awakening and then hit him with the "Wrestler of the Quarter" award, until The Steiner Brothers & Ricky Steamboat made the save and Rude and Madusa ran away.

A. Eric Bischoff interviewed The Steiner Brothers & Ricky Steamboat who vow to end The Dangerously Alliance.

The Main Event
4. WCW United States Tag Team Champions Tracy Smothers & Steve Armstrong defeated Ron Simmons to retain the titles Smothers hit Simmons with the title. The match was supposed to be between Simmons and Abdullah the Butcher, but Abdullah was nowhere to be found, and Simmons tried to do it alone. He almost succeeded, but the cheating and double teams were too much.

Tony Schiavone hypes that next week, Ricky Steamboat will take on Larry Zbyszko.

Saturday Night
Municipal Auditorium in Kansas City, MO
February 1, taped January 22

Hosted by Jim Ross and Jesse Ventura. They speculated who Harley Race would choose to team with Big Van Vader to challenge for the WCW World Tag Team Titles and addressed the rumour that Harley Race and Paul E. Dangerously had made some kind of arrangement. Then they hyped the debut of Bret "Hitman" Hart, which would happen first!

1. Bret "Hitman" Hart made Terry Taylor submit to The Sharpshooter.

A. After the match, Jesse Ventura joined Bret in the ring and asked him what his plans in WCW were. He said he is "The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be," and said he was here to prove that.

2. Arn Anderson & Bobby Eaton w/ Paul E. Dangerously defeated Bob Cook & Mike Graham when Anderson pinned Graham after Eaton hit the Alabama Jam behind the referee's back. They carried their "Tag Team of the Quarter" awards with them.

3. Vinnie Vegas w/ Diamond Dallas Page pinned Joey Maggs with Snake Eyes.

A. Eric Bischoff talks about the rumours of Paul E. and Harley Race coming to some arrangement and he tries to confront Race, who blows him off. Bischoff tries to ask who Vader's tag partner will be, and Race just walks away from him. Bischoff got no answers.

4. Marcus Alexander Bagwell pinned Mark Kyle with the fisherman suplex.

5. Sting made Mike Samples submit to the Scorpion Deathlock.

A. SuperBrawl II update with Gordon Solie

• WCW United States Champion Rick Rude vs Ricky Steamboat (The Dangerous Alliance is banned from ringside)
  • Akira Hokuto, Etsuko Mita, & Mima Shimoda vs Kyoko Inoue, Takako Inoue, & Sakie Hasegawa from AJW
  • Plus, just announced: Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton, & Steve Austin vs Dustin Rhodes & The Steiner Brothers in an "Elimination Match."

6. Barry Windham defeated WCW World Television Champion Stee Austin w/ Paul E. Dangerously via DQ when Dangerously jumped into the ring to break up Windham's figure-four. After the bout, the rest of The Dangerous Alliance jumped Windham, but The Steiner Brothers, Ricky Steamboat, & Dustin Rhodes made the save.

A. Harley Race came to the ring with Big Van Vader and said he had brought Vader's partner from NJPW, who is just as mean and vicious as Vader is and brought out Bam Bam Bigelow.

The Main Event
7. Big Van Vader & Bam Bam Bigelow defeated WCW World Tag Team Champions Ricky Steamboat & Dustin Rhodes to win the titles after Rick Rude hit Steamboat with the "Wrestler of the Quarter" award, which Vader followed up with a power bomb! The Dangerous Alliance congratulate Vader & Bigelow with their title win.

When I saw they won the IWGP tag titles in April and WCW/NJPW were working together, I really only had a single choice. Also it will lead into an angle going into The Great American Bash that I have planned out. There are some awesome NJPW matches out there, if you haven't seen them!

February 3 to February 9, 1992

There is no Saturday Night this week for whatever reason, so WorldWide is the show!

WCW WorldWide
Georgia Mountains Center in Gainesville, GA
February 8, taped January 27

Hosted by Tony Schiavone & Diamond Dallas PageThey hype the main event of Ricky Steamboat vs Larry Zbyszko.

1. Dustin Rhodes & The Steiner Brothers defeated Bob Cook, Mark Canterbury, & John Peterson when they all hit bulldogs at the same time. As they celebrate, they yell into the camera that they are coming for The Dangerous Alliance.

A. Missy Hyatt asks Ron Simmons about his match last week. Simmons doesn't know why Abdullah the Butcher did not show up for their WCW United States Tag Titles match last week. The championship committee has given them one more chance next Saturday Night.

2. Marcus Alexander Bagwell pinned Mike Thor with Fisherman Suplex. Throughout the match, DDP made fun of Bagwell.

A. Before the match, Harley Race bragged about having the WCW World Tag Team Champions and the WCW World Heavyweight Champion. He promised Luger would destroy Sting at SuperBrawl II if he even makes it after Mr. Hughes beats him tonight.

3. Sting made Mr. Hughes w/ Harley Race with the Scorpion Deathlock.

4. Vinnie Vegas pinned Chris Sullivan with Snake Eyes. After the match, Bagwell confronted DDP about his earlier commentary. While going at him, Vegas attacked Bagwell from behind and laid him out by giving him Snake Eyes onto the commentary table, breaking it. DDP and Vegas were ushered out of the arena.

A. Missy Hyatt interviews Bad News Allen. First, he says the committee would look into fining Vinnie Vegas for his actions of attacking a commentator. Hyatt asks about SuperBrawl II. Allen says that Barry Windham had petitioned the championship committee for a one-on-one match with Larry Zbyszko at SuperBrawl II. However, Paul E. Dangerously said the cast was an unfair advantage. Allen informed that Windham's doctors would now allow him to compete without it. The committee did come up with a compromise, and at SuperBrawl II, Barry Windham will take on Larry Zbyszko in a match where both men will wear casts.

The Main Event
5. Ricky Steamboat pinned Larry Zbyszko w/ Madusa with a roll-up after Zbyszko tried to put on a cast to hit Steamboat but was rolled up in the process.

A. As the show is going off the air, Tony Schiavone announces that next week, Bret Hart will make his WorldWide debut!

I doubt I will ever get there, but I have the nWo angle planned out (yes, without Hogan.) Lots of fun ideas, doing one TV show was kind of fun, so if it starts to feel like a slog, I may drop that down to just Saturday Night in the future.

Let's talk about SuperBrawl II

Matches we are keeping: 

• Sting vs Lex Luger (World Title, Luger is leaving, makes sense.)
  • Rick Rude vs Ricky Steamboat (although without the Ninja angle, I have a different one brewing.)
  • Brian Pillman vs Jushin Liger (Kind of need a person in the company to have a title, not a NJPW person for too long. Plus this match is really good.)

Matches I've dropped or changed:

• Marcus Bagwell vs Terry Taylor (Why? Who cares?)
  • Ron Simmons vs Cactus Jack (Well, it will be modified, you'll see soon.)
  • Van Hammer & Z-Man vs Richard Morton & Vinnie Vegas (Well, yeah, dropped!)
  • Barry Windham & Dustin Rhodes vs Larry Zbyszko & Steve Austin plus The Steiner Brothers vs Arn Anderson & Bobby Eaton (I've just moved Rhodes & Austin to the other tag, since the titles aren't involved and it's fun to have an Elimination Match. Plus Windham-Zbyszko has been building as a singles, and i like the idea of a match where both men wear a cast.)

Match I added out of the blue

• Joshi trios!! (Of course, I'm adding women. I'll be adding luchadores in April, too, when AAA is formed! More fun!)

February 10 to February 16, 1992

Yeah, two TV show is silly. Let's focus on Saturday Night. Just assume Worldwide, Pro, Main Event, Power Hour, and whatever are all great.

WCW Saturday Night
Center Stage Theatre in Atlanta, GA
February 15, taped February 12

Hosted by Jim Ross & Jesse Ventura. They welcome everyone to the mother ship and hype Ron Simmons & Abdullah the Butcher getting a WCW United States Tag Team Title shot against Tracy Smothers & Steve Armstrong in the main event. They say that Abdullah is in the arena, unlike their last shot and it would be the final chance.

A. Before the match, they showed a clip of Marcus Alexander Bagwell in the hospital and Tom Zenk visiting him. Bagwell will return and wants revenge on Vegas and DDP.

1. Vinnie Vegas w/ Diamond Dallas Page pinned Big Josh with Snake Eyes.

2. Dustin Rhodes pinned Bob Cook with the bulldog.

A. Jesse Ventura interviews Sting in the ring about SuperBrawl II and his chance to become champion again. Sting lays out his friendship with Luger. Ventura asks about Harley Race and his World Tag Team Champions and if that worries him. Sting says he has friends now, which brings up The Dangerous Alliance. Ventura asks if Sting can focus with so much going on, and Sting says he's 100% got his eye on the title.

3. Richard Morton pinned Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker with a rollup.

4. Brian Pillman pinned Norio Honaga with the flying crossbody.

A. Afterward, Brian Pillman hyped his match with Liger for the title at SuperBrawl II.

5. Ricky Steamboat & Barry Windham vs Larry Zbyszko & Arn Anderson w/ Paul E. Dangerously ended in a no contest after The Dangerous Alliance ran in. Sting, Dustin Rhodes, & The Steiner Brothers made the save, and they all brawled to the back.

A. SuperBowl II command centre with Gordon Solie

• WCW United States Champion Rick Rude vs Ricky Steamboat with The Dangerous Alliance banned from ringside
  • Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton, & Steve Austin vs Dustin Rhodes & The Steiner Brothers in an "elimination" match
  • Larry Zbyszko vs Barry Windham in a match where both men wear a cast
  • Akira Hokuto, Etsuko Mita, & Mima Shimoda vs Kyoko Inoue, Takako Inoue, & Sakie Hasegawa

During this segment there was a promo from Lex Luger who says at SuperBrawl II he will prove once and for all who is the best between him and Sting.

The Main Event
6. WCW United States Tag Team Champions Tracy Smothers & Steve Armstrong defeated Ron Simmons & Abdullah the Butcher after Cactus Jack laid out Simmons behind the referee's back with a steel chair. Smothers & Armstrong celebrate with the titles and leave, as Cactus & Abdullah beat up Simmons, until Bret "Htiman" Hart makes the save and runs them off.

During the hectic ending of the show Jim Ross said next week will be a special 90 minute version of Saturday Night and feature the return of Greg "The Hammer" Valentine and Bad News Allen will be there to announce the rest of the card for SuperBrawl II.

February 17 to February 23, 1992

The last week before SuperBrawl II!

WCW Saturday Night
February 22, taped February 12

Hosted by Jim Ross & Jesse Ventura. The main event tonight will be Sting, Ricky Steamboat, & Barry Windham taking on Rick Rude, Arn Anderson, & Bobby Eaton!

1. Larry Zbyszko w/ Paul E. Dangerously pinned PN News, after hitting him with the cast.

2. Thomas Rich pinned Carl Robertson.

A. Backstage Missy Hyatt interviews the entire Dangerously Alliance who hype all their matches at SuperBrawl. She asks about Harley Race and his deal, and Dangerously gets mad and ends the interview.

3. Dust Rhodes & The Steiner Brothers defeated Tracy Smothers, Steve Armstrong, & Richard Morton when Scotty pinned Morton after the Steiner Bulldog. Post match, Smothers & Armstrong get in Morton's face and blame him for the loss and then double team him until referees pull them away.

A. A history video covering the friendship and feud of Lex Luger and Sting is played.

4. Greg Valentine made Russel Vaughn submit to the figure-four.

5. Bret Hart & Ron Simmons defeated The Fabulous Freebirds when Bret made Michael Hayes submit to the Sharpshooter.

A. Jesse Ventura brings out Bad News Allen who is excited for SuperBrawl II and hypes the main events. He then announces the final three matches for the show. Marcus Alexander Bagwell has been cleared and will team with Tom Zenk to take on Diamond Dallas Page & Vinnie Vegas. Allen says Richard Morton approached him backstage and wants a US Tag Team Title match against Smothers & Armstrong. Allen knows who is partner is, but will keep it a surprise for SuperBrawl. Finally, Ron Simmons & Bret Hart will try to get revenge against Cactus Jack & Abdullah the Butcher!

6. Sting, Ricky Steamboat, & Barry Windham defeated Rick Rude, Arn Anderson, & Bobby Eaton w/ Paul E. Dangerously when Steamboat pinned Eaton with a crossbody off the top. Afterward, Rud attacked Steamboat from behind and dropped him with the Rude Awakening.

A. A video for SuperBrawl ends the show, which is next Saturday!

February 24 to March 1, 1992 (SuperBrawl II week!)

My first pay-per-view, with half of the card mine!

WCW Saturday Night
Winthrop Coliseum in Rock Hill, SC
February 29, taped February 17

Hosted by Jim Ross & Jesse Ventura. They hype up SuperBrawl later tonight!

A. The Dangerous Alliance is in the ring, and each member cuts a promo about their matches at SuperBrawl.

1. Thomas Rich pinned Van Hammer with a rollup.

A. Tony Schiavone interviews Cactus Jack with Abdullah the Butcher, where he says Bret Hart shouldn't had stuck his nose into their business and tonight they will bite it off to get their revenge on Ron Simmons.

A. Gordon Solie hosts a SuperBrawl II event centre, running down the full card for later tonight.

• WCW World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger w/ Harley Race vs Sting
  • WCW United States Heavyweight Champion Rick Rude vs Ricky Steamboat with The Dangerous Alliance banned from ringside
  • Larry Zbyszko w/ Paul E. Dangerously vs Barry Windham, where both men wear a cast
  • Abdullah the Butcher & Cactus Jack vs Bret "Hitman" Hart & Ron Simmons
  • Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton, & Steve Austin w/ Paul E. Dangerously vs Dustin Rhodes & The Steiner Brothers in an elimination match
  • WCW Light Heavyweight Champion Jushin "Thunder" Liger vs Brian Pillman
  • WCW United States Tag Team Champions Tracy Smothers & Steve Armstrong vs Richard Morton & a surprise partner
  • Diamond Dallas Page & Vinnie Vegas vs Marcus Alexander Bagwell & Tom Zenk

A. Diamond Dallas Page and Vinnie Vegas are with Tony Schivanone backstage, mocking Bagwell and saying it will be an easy win tonight!

A. Tracy Smothers & Steve Armstrong go around backstage asking everybody who Morton's partner will be tonight.

2. Greg "The Hammer" Valentine made Big Josh submit to the figure-four.

A. Jesse Ventura brings Sting to the ring to talk about his title shot tonight against Lex Luger, but Harley Race comes to ringside and yells at him. From behind Bam Bam Bigelow attacks and lays him out. Sting is carried out on a stretcher.

As the show ends, Jim Ross wonders what condition Sting will be in for his title match with Lex Luger!

WCW SuperBrawl II
"Best Friends Now Bitter Rivals Brawl For it All"

MECCA Rena
Milwaukee, WI
February 29
Live on PPV!

WCW SuperBrawl II

Jim Ross & Missy Hyatt welcome us to SuperBrawl II. Ross says nothing is more important than Lex Luger vs Sting for the World Title. He wonders if Sting will be healthy for the match after Harley Race's goon Bam Bam Bigelow attacked him on Saturday Night. Missy Hyatt says she has heard rumours that Harley Race and Luger may have some friction. They throw it to ringside.

Tony Schiavone says tonight will be the greatest night in the history of our sport and introduces his commentator partner for tonight, Jesse Venture, who arrives on a motorcycle.

Jesse Ventura WCW debut

• WCW Light Heavyweight Champion Jushin "Thunder" Liger vs Brian Pillman

Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Brian Pillman

This match in Real1992 is damn good, so just keep it the same. Pillman wins the title with a leg roll up into a bridge after Liger missed a dive off the top. Post-match, the two shake hands and hug.

Backstage, Missy Hyatt is with Marcus Alexander Bagwell and Tom Zenk. They talk about the hard road to recovery in the hospital and vow revenge. Bagwell is heavily taped.

• Diamond Dallas Page & Vinnie Vegas vs Marcus Alexander Bagwell & Tom Zenk

DDP only tags in when Vegas gets control. They work over Bagwell's back all match until Zenk gets a hot tag. As Zenk is running wild, the referee is trying to hold back Bagwell as DDP hits Zenk with a roll of quarters, and Vegas easily pins him.

Backstage, Tracy Smothers and Steve Armstrong are still trying to figure out who Richard Morton's tag partner is. They eventually run into Bad News Allen, who says they will find out soon enough and that they better be prepared for a fight.

Madusa joins Schiavone & Ventura at the commentary booth. They get about 12 minutes and put on a great match with heel work by LCO. Hokuto hits the North Lights Bomb on Hasegawa for the win. Madusa says she's impressed, but she is the Queen of WCW, and she can beat anyone in this match.

• WCW United States Tag Team Champions Tracy Smothers & Steve Armstrong vs Richard Morton & a surprise partner

Smothers & Armstrong are in the ring. They mock Morton and say they are the greatest tag team in WCW history and he could never find a partner, because nobody likes him.

The Rock 'n' Roll Express music hits, and Ricky Morton comes out by himself. He stops midway down the ramp and points back to the entrance, where Robert Gibson makes his surprise return.

Morton plays face-in-peril, and Gibson gets the hot tag. You know the drill. Double dropkick and The Rock 'n' Roll Express win the WCW United States Tag Team Titles for the first time!

Backstage Jim Ross is very happy with Missy Hyatt for the return of The Rock 'n' Roll Express and says they put their differences aside. The WCW tag team division is heating up.

• Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton, & Steve Austin w/ Paul E. Dangerously vs Dustin Rhodes & The Steiner Brothers in an elimination match

Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton vs. the Steiner Brothers

The order of elimination is Rick Steiner, who is eliminated by a Spinebuster by Arn. Then Steve Austin, when Dustin hits a bulldog. Scott Steiner is taken out by a double team by Arn and Bobby, leaving Arn and Bobby vs. Dustin. They double-team him for a while, and then he gets a rollup on Bobby, leaving him alone with Arn. 

Dustin vs Arn is mostly Arn, but with a great comeback by Dustin until Paul E. hits Dustin with the phone after a distraction from Madusa, leading to the win for The Dangerous Alliance!

Missy Hyatt is backstage as The Dangerous Alliance returns backstage. She asks about the cheating in this match, and Dangerous says they will always do what it takes to win. Larry Zybszko joins them with his arm in a cast for his upcoming match. Dangerously joins him as they set off to go to ringside, but Missy points out that later tonight, he can't join Rick Rude. Dangerously winks and says, don't worry about it.

• Larry Zbyszko w/ Paul E. Dangerously vs Barry Windham, where both men wear casts on their arm

Barry gets his revenge after Zbyszko works over his arm. Windham hits the superplex for the win.

Missy Hyatt is backstage with Bret "Hitman" Hart & Ron Simmons. They talk about getting revenge on Cactus Jack & Abduallah the Butcher and how they have each other's backs.

• Abdullah the Butcher & Cactus Jack vs Bret "Hitman" Hart & Ron Simmons

Ron Simmons vs. Cactus Jack

Hart plays face in peril, and Simmons gets the hot tag. Cactus is rammed into Abdullah, and then Bret trips him as Simmons hits the shoulderblock for the win.

Jim Ross is backstage with Rick Rude, who is by himself. He says that he doesn't need any help to defeat The Dragon and will show who is the greatest wrestler ever tonight!

• WCW United States Heavyweight Champion Rick Rude vs Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat with The Dangerous Alliance banned from ringside

Rick Rude vs. Ricky Steamboat

This match is really good too in Real1992, so it will mostly be copied. However, no Ninja here. What does happen is Bam Bam Bigelow appears and hits Steamboat in the head with the phone while Steamboat is on the top rope instead.

Backstage Missy Hyatt confronts Harley Race saying she knew he had a deal with Dangerously. He is holding a big bag of money. He says he doesn't know what she is talking about. He says he only cares about his man "The Total Package" Lex Luger and brings him out. Luger, says that he and Sting goes way back. He will prove that he is the better man and tells Race to get lost. He doesn't like him working with Dangerously and he will prove he doesn't need him tonight!

Jim Ross says he talked to Sting's doctors, and he is cleared to compete, but he is not 100%.

• WCW World Heavyweight Champion "The Total Package" Lex Luger vs Sting

Sting vs. Lex Luger WCW title Match

Sting wins cleanly with the Scorpion Deathlock, and they shake hands and hug after the match. Lex Luger is now off to the WWF, and Sting is the new WCW World Heavyweight Champion!

That's SuperBrawl, which mostly aligns with the Real1992 WCW. Next PPV is not until May and it is WrestleWar. That one will be heavily changed, because outside of War Games and Steiners vs the NJPW team that show is mostly filler. Let's try to fix it and there is lots of time to get there!

Thank you for the comments. 

Yeah, with everyone set with dance partners, bringing in someone new wasn't as easy as I thought. Also, you have the real world there to compare it to, so it's an interesting project.

WrestleWar has everyone tied up with The Dangerous Alliance War Games, so we have more blank slates but fewer stars to work with for everyone else. We'll see what I can do.

We are now on the way to WrestleWar with SuperBrawl II behind us! This first-show was taped before SuperBrawl so we have to do funky things. LFG!

Saturday Night
March 7, taped February 12

Hosted by Jim Ross & Jesse Ventura. They saw SuperBrawl II was a memorable night and threw it to Eric Bischoff to give us an update.

A. Eric Bischoff held a special SuperBrawl II report, in which he ran down the results, including focusing on new champions Sting, Brian Pillman, and the returning Rock 'n' Roll Express! He also mentioned how Rick Rude kept his US Title by using Harley Race's man when The Dangerous Alliance was banned from ringside.

1. Debbie Malenko made Susan Green submit to the Fujiwara Armbar.

A. Bad News Allen had a pre-taped announcement saying the first-ever WCW World Women's Champion will be crowned at WrestleWar, and a tournament will be happening here on WCW Saturday Night!

2. Johnny B. Badd pinned Sonny Trout with the left-hand punch.

A. The Dangerous Alliance cut a promo from after SuperBrawl mocking Steamboat as a loser.

3. Barry Windham, Dustin Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat, & The Steiner Brothers drew Larry Zbyszko, Steve Austin, Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton, & Rick Rude w/ Paul E. Dangerously when the time limit expired. After the match, they all brawled all over Center Stage until lots of security and other wrestlers were able to separate them.

A. Comments from Sting backstage after winning the World Title at SuperBrawl. He is overjoyed and wishes Lex Luger luck in the future. He hasn't forgotten what Harley Race's man Bam Bam Bigelow did to him on Saturday Night and challenged him to have his first title defense on March 21 on Saturday Night!