Pro Wrestling Only

RIP Kevin Sullivan

Link: https://www.wwe.com/article/kevin-sullivan-passes-away

One of my favorites and a guy ahead of his time. His Florida stuff is legendary, but I always LOVED his team with Cactus Jack in WCW. Jack would try to sneak in reading a book during their matches and Sullivan would slap him to get him to focus but Cactus LIKED being slapped. 

RIP

More familiar with him in mid-late 90’s WCW when he was brought in to pacify Hogan with the Dungeon of Doom. His match with chris benoit in Baltimore was a really fun brawl that for awhile I didn’t get tired of watching over and over.

But a few years ago I found this clip of him in Florida, leading up to his heel turn. It is kind of a masterclass of buildup with all the charm of territorial wrestling at it’s disposal to help move the story along. It’s also kind of disturbing to watch.

https://youtu.be/_e1BPPzuhvg?si=InkjEH2lIAWaEmBt

Everything I've seen of the Florida Prince of Darkness run has been wild. His passing may finally inspire me to try and watch as much of it as I can. I've been wanting to explore classic Florida for years. I also loved his team with Jack in the 90s

RIP

During my local ring announcing tenure, Sullivan worked several shows for the promoter and he was always the nicest guy and very easy to talk too. I'll always remember him browsing through the pile of DVDs I brought to sell at the merch table and engaging me in conversation about Ring of Honor and who from there we thought was good enough to make it to WWE.

Very sorry to hear of his passing.