Pro Wrestling Only

Blue Panther

Tim Evans

I don't know how many people actually watch CMLL but everyone should know here who Blue Panther is. Last night at the 75th anniversary show, Blue Panther lost his mask to Villano V in probably one of the biggest upsets in a while. Everyone thought that Villano would lose but I guess CMLL thought they were pull one on the audience and have Panther lose his mask to a fat, slow as hell not over at all guy like Villano V. It's a shame really.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Holy shit. I hope he got a good payoff, but holy shit. I always figured he'd never lose it or lose it when he retired.

As someone at DVDVR put it, "This is the first wrestling result in a long time that I'm actually pissed about." (Unless it was Panther's idea, but it still should've been a bigger deal)

AAA is doing pretty good while CMLL isn't selling out Arena Mexico anymore.

CMLL's Friday show: http://xejtv.com/xejtv01/tvenvivo.html . It airs Saturday's at about 3:30 pm. AAA also airs Sunday at the same time. Sometimes they change timeslots but anytime between 3-7 it's usually on.

CMLL's Tuesday show: wwitv.com Go to Mexico and then Canal 44. It airs Saturday's at 8 pm eastern time.

CMLL doesn't need to sell out to make money, they own all the arenas so even a so-so crowd is profit for them. AAA on the other hand seems to be heading down the route to become Mexico's WCW. They're doing good business wise but there's tons of backstage politics to the point of there being fights backstage. It seems like without Pena there's very much an "inmates running the asylum" quality to the company.

Really CMLL was having a pretty great year at the box office until their top draws Mistico and Perro Jr both got seriously injured in August, which obviously screwed up some of their big plans for the 75th Anniversary show cards. When both return I'd imagine business will bounce back again.